How many people actually diet 7 days a week?

12345679»

Replies

• torygirl79
    torygirl79 Posts: 307 Member
    I log and diet every day.
  • NotThePest
    NotThePest Posts: 164
    I am exercising more to keep my fit and healthy; high blood pressure, diabetes. Been working out since 2006, and because I was focusing more on the "other" numbers and not on a scale, I was not concerned about the weight, I lost four dress sizes in 3.5 years but no weight, I have metabolic syndrome, and then Bam, I went from 175 to 133, my current weight. As long as my muscle to fat ratio stays between 24 to 25% I'm content. So tell me about long-term again.

Don't worry I would not dare ask you to friend me as you are not a dreamer.:happy:
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    I log every day when possible. I do not eat a strict diet on Saturday and Sunday, though. Saturday is my 'calorie counting free' day.
  • paint_it_black
    paint_it_black Posts: 208 Member
    I've logged everyday that i've had internet access, on a few weekends i simply couldn't log in. I have gone over a few times, but the most i've ever gone over by was 145 calories so its not the end of the world.
  • gheldean
    gheldean Posts: 5 Member
    I log every day (and exercise 3-5 days), but don't look at it or refer to it as a diet. I also plan to continue to log even after my weight loss goal is accomplished, so I don't slip into my old ways.
  • I log everyday even if I know I'm gonna go over (like yesterday lol)...this is a lifestyle change for me but cookouts and parties are gonna happen and I feel like I need to indulge occasionally. :drinker:
  • douglasmobbs
    douglasmobbs Posts: 563 Member
    I do at the moment, when I hit my goal weight I plan to diet 4 or 5 days a week and relax at the weekend.
  • spigenerb
    spigenerb Posts: 29
    I watch my diet everyday. If I am trying to lose I allow myself 2 cheat meals a week. If I am trying to gain then I dont worry about cheating because eating 3400+ cals a day is hard enough if you do it right. My cheating on the bulk is to allow myself to skip a meal.
  • kstep88
    kstep88 Posts: 403 Member
    I don't diet at all. I make good/bad choices everyday. I try to eat as healthy as possible when I can, but if I can't then I just make the best choice for the situation.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    I don't diet. I have a strategic eating system designed to accomplish specific goals. I don't have "cheat days" because I can eat whatever I want as long as it fits my macro targets (IIFYM FTW). Yesterday I had steak and ice cream for dinner. Tonight I had a burger and fries. Who needs "cheat days"?

Great minds and all that, lol.
    Yep this is pretty much how i do things these days :smile:

I know :).

If any of you are curious what I meant...it goes like this:

My maintenance (TDEE) is 2700cal/day. This gives me a total weekly maintenance target of 18,900cal. After my 20% deficit, I have a total weekly allowance of about 15000cal. I eat about 1000cal/day, for three days of the week (this is dinner...I do not eat breakfast or lunch on those days). This leaves me 12000cal to spread over the remaining 4 days of the week...allowing me 3000cal/day worth of food. The days I eat 1000cal are completely interchangeable, though I usually do it Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

Sound like dieting to you?

And yet...I still have over a 20% caloric deficit for the week.

:).
    Great explanation there cris :smile:

Thanks man...it's really pretty basic. I get all the hormonal benefits of 24hrs of fasting 3x a week, 16hrs 4x a week, and all the physiological benefits of eating at/above maintenance.

Plus, when combined with strength training...it burns stupid amounts of fat...as you know lol.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    I log and record every day, but I have a little book on my kitchen counter where I write things down and then I put them into here at the end of the day, if my daughter is using the laptop for homework, sometimes it takes me a few days to log. But I log everything...every day...

i tell myself that this is my life now and I'm happier than I have been in as long as I can remember, why would I stop logging and potentially slide back to misery?

So i'm very happy logging and sticking to it.

Lauren
  • kwin91
    kwin91 Posts: 128
    I definitely do all 7 days a week, I want maximum results so I'm going to work my damned hardest everyday to get what I want. It takes a lot of dedication and will power, especially for women who get cravings during that one special week of the month!
  • Cris725
    Cris725 Posts: 81
    I never have a cheat day. But I also have health issues that make weightloss for me different than the "average dieter". Some people say that cheat days are essential for good healthy weightloss, but that just isnt accurate.
  • lisadlocks
    lisadlocks Posts: 212 Member
    I log down every single thing I eat. Everyday. The good, the bad and the ugly. Red numbers across the board if it was a BINGE day. If I can eat it, I log it. Some days I may eat at an Indian Buffet. Instead of trying to capture everything I ate, I log in Indian buffet. I pick the ones with the most calories to match what I have eaten. If it is not enough, I double the entry. I over compensate, rather than under compensate. My fitness pal is really a tool that helps me see my patterns and helps me know where to target areas for change. If I am going to lie or cheat, why cheat or lie to myself? As someone noted, life is too short and I don't want obesity to cut it shorter! So whether we are talking diet, lifestyle change, food that I eat, cheat, eating clean, eating dirty, abstience, gluttony, binging, on point, out of control, I use myfitnesspal to track it. There is an entry every single day of my profile from the moment I started logging in food. I am so worth it and the results prove it!
  • Liasings
    Liasings Posts: 150 Member
    I never have a cheat day. But I also have health issues that make weightloss for me different than the "average dieter". Some people say that cheat days are essential for good healthy weightloss, but that just isnt accurate.

^^This.

If I want a piece of fudge, I eat it. But it is logged and there is no "I'll have another one tomorrow".

Other posters have commented that they worry that waitstaff or other friends will "look at them funny". I don't care. It's my life and my health. I actually had a waitress give me a high five when I refused the (delicious!) rolls that come with the meal.
  • Liasings
    Liasings Posts: 150 Member
    I log down every single thing I eat. Everyday. The good, the bad and the ugly. Red numbers across the board if it was a BINGE day. If I can eat it, I log it. Some days I may eat at an Indian Buffet. Instead of trying to capture everything I ate, I log in Indian buffet. I pick the ones with the most calories to match what I have eaten. If it is not enough, I double the entry. I over compensate, rather than under compensate. My fitness pal is really a tool that helps me see my patterns and helps me know where to target areas for change. If I am going to lie or cheat, why cheat or lie to myself? As someone noted, life is too short and I don't want obesity to cut it shorter! So whether we are talking diet, lifestyle change, food that I eat, cheat, eating clean, eating dirty, abstience, gluttony, binging, on point, out of control, I use myfitnesspal to track it. There is an entry every single day of my profile from the moment I started logging in food. I am so worth it and the results prove it!

You are AWESOME! (and you have the best name!:bigsmile: )
  • londoneye
    londoneye Posts: 192 Member
    I am exercising more to keep my fit and healthy; high blood pressure, diabetes. Been working out since 2006, and because I was focusing more on the "other" numbers and not on a scale, I was not concerned about the weight, I lost four dress sizes in 3.5 years but no weight, I have metabolic syndrome, and then Bam, I went from 175 to 133, my current weight. As long as my muscle to fat ratio stays between 24 to 25% I'm content. So tell me about long-term again.

Don't worry I would not dare ask you to friend me as you are not a dreamer.:happy:

Sorry, maybe i wasn't clear. I was using 'you' to talk about people in general, rather than you personally.