You need to put the scale away. Yes, you.

2»

Replies

• amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    I had a blouse that I bought ten years ago. It got too tight and small, especially in the arms but I just could not bring myself to throw it out. Two weeks ago the arms were still tight, but I could get it on. Today :bigsmile: I am wearing that blouse! Woooohooooo! :bigsmile:

This is awesome - congrats!!!
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Maybe we should all commit to not getting on the scale for the month of June! I could go for some non-scale time too!
  • angelina2585
    angelina2585 Posts: 273 Member
    I'm in! I've decided to put the scale away for the rest of June. I've been using it just to see trends and how what I eat can affect my weight overnight. So I've done that and now I'm bored with it :)
  • bradthemedic
    bradthemedic Posts: 623 Member
    Myself and one of my MFP friends are on it. So far so good!
  • Shannonsto
    Shannonsto Posts: 450 Member
    I actually hid mine today. Of course, I still know where it is, but out of sight, out of mind, right? I was weighing pretty much every time I went into the bathroom, and measuring daily. Losing my mind because I've just bounced around the same 5 lbs or so for the last month and now I'm gaining (just started NROL4W). I know I need to be patient, and I know it's not fat I'm gaining so I finally had to tell myself "Step away from the scale. That's it, just step back, and no one gets hurt."
  • bradthemedic
    bradthemedic Posts: 623 Member
    The gaining is normal with a weight lifting program (not gaining would be weird) and you may not dip below starting for months. For me I've gained 7lb (at times) after I started lifting and running hard.

Don't worry, be happy. The water weight means your muscles are growing :D