How did you get proposed to?

12345679»

Replies

• jenaissance
    jenaissance Posts: 302 Member
    he said "well, neither of us is going anywhere else, I guess we should get married." This was about 30 minutes after a positive pregnancy test (after 3 years of living together). Sooooo romantic. It's worked out though, we now have 3 kids and have been married 8 years :)
  • kolkol
    kolkol Posts: 300 Member
    It was New Years Day. I had my nephew all night and my now fiance kept asking him when he was going home, I kept yelling at fiance & told him he can stay as long as he wants!!! well I found out there was a reason behind it! Once nephew left I was given a little present it was one of my small longaberger baskets with a note in it, it had a little saying on it that lead me to another spot at our house, I was sent to 4 different spots, each saying was something like, good news is delivered in these usually, was mailbox, then we will use this to spend time w/family, was his Chevelle, then finally a note said they look down on us to make sure we have a long happy life together, I still was not really sure this was a proposal but I had no clue finally he told me to go to the Christmas tree, (my dad & bro hide jewelry in their trees for their wives so I was thinking some jewelry was in our tree, didnt think a ring) finally I look up and it clicked the angel ontop the tree, there was my ring in her hand!!! Then he got down on one knee and asked me!!!
    I was in shock cuz he really put some thought into this and thats not him !!!
    P.S. He had my ring for a YEAR too, he had planned on doing it 6 months earlier on our group of friends trip, but another friend of ours texted us all saying they just got engaged so he decided to wait! Im glad he waited this way was very thoughtful!!!
  • kwin91
    kwin91 Posts: 128
    My husband is so shy and so sweet.
    I got a text from my husband(well obviously boyfriend at the time) saying that he wasn't gonna be home, that he was going to his buddies for a few drinks.

I came home and flicked the lights on in our apartment, there were Christmas lights set up everywhere that led me to our bedroom and music that started to play, along the way he left little messages and stories about us and how much he loved me. I got to the last one that was on our bed and read the last part that said I miss something down by the mail boxes.

So I went to go and check and I opened the door and he was right there! He took me inside and got down on one knee and said, now that you know how much I really love you, and I can't wait any longer to do this, will you marry me Krista?

And I knew he was going to propose because he had me pick out the ring(he was terrified of doing it!), but I didn't know when he was going to do it(about a month after I picked out the ring). So when he asked, I laughed and said, no and he smiled(knowing I was joking) and then I said, a million times yes!!
  • lane823
    lane823 Posts: 41
    My first husband left me on Christmas Eve 1994. When my husband (now of almost 15 years) proposed, he proposed on Christmas Eve (1996) by saying, "Brian took your Christmas away, I want to give it back. Will you marry me?" It was wonderful!!!
  • kolkol
    kolkol Posts: 300 Member
    My husband is so shy and so sweet.
    I got a text from my husband(well obviously boyfriend at the time) saying that he wasn't gonna be home, that he was going to his buddies for a few drinks.

I came home and flicked the lights on in our apartment, there were Christmas lights set up everywhere that led me to our bedroom and music that started to play, along the way he left little messages and stories about us and how much he loved me. I got to the last one that was on our bed and read the last part that said I miss something down by the mail boxes.

So I went to go and check and I opened the door and he was right there! He took me inside and got down on one knee and said, now that you know how much I really love you, and I can't wait any longer to do this, will you marry me Krista?

And I knew he was going to propose because he had me pick out the ring(he was terrified of doing it!), but I didn't know when he was going to do it(about a month after I picked out the ring). So when he asked, I laughed and said, no and he smiled(knowing I was joking) and then I said, a million times yes!!
    My proposal was so similar!!! gave me chills reading yours
  • seleck05
    seleck05 Posts: 74 Member
    Last summer, I spent a month working in Paris, which is my very favorite place on earth-I studied abroad there too. My fiance decided to come visit me for July 4th weekend. We had a great night the first night he came into the city and then the next day we went on a walk around the city. He proposed in the Jardin des Tullieries after we put a love lock on the Solerfino bridge on the Seine.
  • M_Tyler05
    M_Tyler05 Posts: 22 Member
    First of all we are both huge Michigan football fans and I'd never been to a big 10 football game and was dying to go, so we got tickets to the Michigan v. Perdue game. We got up early that morning to head to the game and I was so excited. We got to the stadium and it was amazing - I was watching the team warm up from 3 rows back and turned to find my fiancé down on one knee with a gorgeous ring. It was perfect!
  • hlandry6
    hlandry6 Posts: 230
    On our 4th dating anniversary (a day before valentines day) it was weirdly warm for our location that time of year so we decided to go for a walk along the ice covered river. He set the timer and we took a picture together then he set the timer again asked me if I was ready and said yup asked again and was like yeah?? lol Ran over real quick slipped on the ice (I had to grab him before he went into an open area of water) continued to get down on one knee and asked :heart: :smile:

First picture:
    211up8m.jpg

Second:
    30tlw88.jpg
  • hark15
    hark15 Posts: 148 Member
    My fiance told me he had planned a birthday surprise weekend (not unheard of since the year before he took me to my first Steelers game for my birthday). He wouldn't tell me where we were going and only gave me hints on what to pack. We went to one of my favorite restaurants, and also the location of our first date for lunch. I spent the whole meal asking him what his plan was and where we were going. After lunch he insisted we take a walk along the water. As we neared a shady spot he told me he loved me and then dropped down on one knee and proposed :) We had talked about getting engaged for a while and had already gone to look at rings so I wasn't shocked but I was very surprised in the moment. He was shaking so I started giggling but then cried as I said "yes." Apparently there were a lot of people around but I didn't even notice as we walked back to the car to head out on our weekend getaway to celebrate the engagement. I was so upset that we didn't get any pictures, but it turns out my fiance had planned for a photographer to come and take pictures of us at this famous bed and breakfast we were headed to. Then we had a picnic and a late dinner in one of the best restaurants in the area. We had no cell phone reception the whole time we were there so we just get to enjoy the moment. It was absolutely perfect! :heart:
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    I'm recently engaged.

He picked me up from work because we had to be somewhere. He told me he had made some snacks and wanted to go to the park (where we had our first date) to eat them. He was messing around with with the bag he brought; I wasn't paying attention. When I turned to look at him, he was on one knee and asked "Will you be my boo?"
  • ImNotThatBob
    ImNotThatBob Posts: 371 Member
    marriage-marriage-assignment-calender-rings-happiness-lord-o-demotivational-poster-1284336421.jpg
  • BamaMomma
    BamaMomma Posts: 53
    i was napping on the couch while he was at work. he knew i wasn't feeling well....he woke me and asked me to marry him while i was half asleep. now we're getting divorced.
  • We were folding laundry and he just popped down onto his knee and asked =)
  • Paradis
    Paradis Posts: 54
    We were dating almost 4 months.He got down on his knee and asked me to marry him.I said yes!I knew it was right since I had already been in a 8 year relation ship and knew I would not marry that person(high school sweetheart and a few years after high school)!!!We were married almost 4 months later and 12 months later came our first son.And here we are 19 years later.I wouldn't trade him for nothing.He is my best friend,best father all around awesome person.I got lucky!
  • DogsK
    DogsK Posts: 94
    26 years ago my wife told me that i was going to marry her. She hasn't stopped telling me what to do.