I AM NOT A BREAKFAST EATER!!!

124»

Replies

• vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    I didn't eat breakfast either - until I started working out at 5 am. I now eat around 8 am (I would have eating around 10 or 11 before. I guess it is still about 3 hours after I wake up and get moving either way though...
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    OMG HAVE THE AUTHORITIES BEEN ALERTED?!?!?!
  • senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    I hear the reason it is important is to fuel your body for the day and jump start your metabolism. I also hear that you should eat within the first 2 hours of waking (so it doesnt have to be right when you wake up).
  • kaotik26
    kaotik26 Posts: 590 Member
    There is one reason to eat breakfast. A good breakfast tends to decrease your hunger for the rest of the day. But, if you can work around it, who cares.

Not true for everyone. Definitely not true for me.

I follow IF (intermittent fasting) every day so that my first meal is no earlier than 12:30. Works great for me, no energy issues. Occasionally if I feel hungry at breakfast (which is rare) I will eat a high-protein breakfast (NO carbs except from veggies).

I really like this idea! I find that if I eat breakfast even though I'm not hungry I tend to eat MORE during the day! It's like it starts up my appetite!
  • Jomalone2
    Jomalone2 Posts: 129 Member
    Meal timing has no impact on weight loss.

Breakfast as the most important meal of the day is a myth.

Eat your calories when you want. It is the best way to stay at this lifestyle rather then to try to fit your life in a diet

I'm so glad to see someone else say it is a myth. I've read that it is our culture too. Just like eating at noon because our culture has programed us to believe that we have to stop at noon and eat lunch, regardless of whether or not we are hungy. Americans eat by the clock. Cavemen didn't have clocks. They ate when they got hungry. Period. That is what our bodies were meant to do. Unfortunately, we have trained ourselves to not listen to our bodies.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    You don't have to eat breakfast if you don't want to.

I will say though, I felt the same way you did about breakfast (I felt nauseated if I ate before noon). I got used to eating breakfast and it's really helped my energy levels. So while you may hate breakfast, it's possible you could change your habits if you had enough motivation. But it won't make or break your weight loss.
  • Jessamine
    Jessamine Posts: 226 Member
    I'm not a breakfast person. I get up at 7am, work at 8am, and have my first bite of food around 10 or 11 depending on the day.

I am starving by lunchtime on the days that I force myself to eat breakfast when I wake up. I really struggle with binging on lunch when that happens. I prefer to eat when I'm hungry and have healthy snacks in between.
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    I happily train fasted at 5:45am and have a little something around 8 or 8:30. I like to save most of my calories for lunch and dinner because I tend to feel better if I can eat more for those meals.

Generally speaking, unless breakfast means a bacon cheeseburger at 11:30, I'm not a huge breakfast fan.
  • fit4lyfeLisa
    fit4lyfeLisa Posts: 529 Member
    There is one reason to eat breakfast. A good breakfast tends to decrease your hunger for the rest of the day. But, if you can work around it, who cares.

This!!!!
  • hillm12345
    hillm12345 Posts: 313 Member
    I shoved 1500 cals in a 7 hour time period yesterday. It was my brelunchdinner.
  • I found this interesting article:

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and the almond is the most important morning food. Almonds contain protein and all essential minerals for the human body. Almond = "all world [al-mond], container of the 144 elements." When almonds are the first thing in your stomach after arising, they set the hydrochloric acid tolerance for the day, providing all-day protein digestion. When almonds are eaten first, they are efficiently digested since stomach acids are concentrated after the nightly fast. (If you leave hydrochloric acid alone in your stomach, the saliva and hydrochloric acid would become toxic.) Presoak organic raw almonds in distilled water overnight for quick germinal action. When soaked, almonds act as protein plus nitrogen.This protein helps your blood sugar stabilize throughout the rest of the day. Eat one almond per ten pounds of bodyweight, more if you want to gain weight and less if you want to lose weight.