People's obsession with ICP.

2»

Replies

• SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    I just wanted to add I am very impressed with most of the replies so far. I expected to read a lot of immature hate, but instead I see ppl just saying to each their own. Yet another reason why MFP is so much better than facebook lol
  • Klamber26
    Klamber26 Posts: 212
    I think they're terrible myself. But I have an interesting anecdote on the topic...

When I was in high school, my best friend Hannah lived next door to this man that was really good friends with her dad. She went so far as to call him "Uncle Brad". He had a brand new dually dodge that (for unknown reasons to me) he had repainted with full ICP graphics. Well, he left for the military and gave Hannah his truck to use in the meantime. I never could comprehend why he would leave a $50,000 truck with a 16-year-old girl.

The mystery was solved about 5 years later, when I found Hannah on facebook and saw that she had married her "uncle brad".
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    It must be the Faygo....lol My ex husband was really into ICP. His friend had a huge ICP emblem on the front of his car covering the whole hood and a few tattoo's. I like alot of weird things that other people probably don't understand or like too I guess. But it seems like the people who like ICP are die hard fans.
  • oftheearth
    oftheearth Posts: 104 Member
    I hate ICP, but to be ridiculous I once threw an ICP party where we all painted our faces.

Anyways, I didn't read the above posts, the title of this thread just caught my eye, because there is a really good short (about 20 min.) documentary about ICP fans and culture, available to watch on the internet. Like I said, I hate ICP, but this was well made and I have watched it twice now.

Here is a link: https://player.vimeo.com/video/29589320 - American Juggalo, by Sean Dunne
  • megmay2591
    megmay2591 Posts: 621 Member
    I first fell in love with ICP because they were different. I was 13, I was an outcast, and they called to me. I fell in love with them because of the message inside their lyrics. Wrapped in all that horror core is a positive message, about staying strong, about the goodness of God, about the terribleness of wife beaters and drug addicts..... So it pulls in the troubled youth only to bring them to light. Sounds crazy but thats what they do. They bring the fans together with a sense of family and love, kinda similar to the grateful dead hippie fans.

It's not for everyone. Alot of their songs are just for fun and is some pretty crazy *kitten*. But not everything in life has to be serious. And it's way better than the "you're my hoe i wanna *kitten* you so bad look at my rims and my chains" rap songs out there noone seems to have an issue with.

That and Shaggs and Monoxide Child are mad sexy. :)

This is what I wanted to know! Thank you! Of course everyone has their own preference, this band just confused me and now I can understand that there is a community of people that are close because of this band.