How often does everyone weigh themselves?

Options

Replies

• raindance_maggie
    Options
    i weigh myself whenever i need a reminder to kick it up a notch or to keep my *kitten* in line -- but i only record it every saturday morning as my "real" weigh in.
  • kimmers4ever
    Options
    Everyday... it's an obsession. Sometimes, I'll even weigh at night to see how much I put on over the course of the day. It's crazy and people keep saying "Don't do it!!" But I HAVE too. lol. I STRESS when I don't. I like seeing that little chart on my app going up and down. Seeing where I hit a wall for a time and all.
  • wwoelbel
    wwoelbel Posts: 23
    Options
    I weigh in every other week. I use my weight to calculate my BMR to make sure I'm eating enough. Originally I weighed in every day but the tiny little losses and the occasional spike from an out of control weekend actually kept getting me down. Now I trust what I am doing and only weigh in to reset my food targets.
  • Jenniferlynn212
    Jenniferlynn212 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Daily! Any less often & I lose motivation & think I'm doing better than I actually am
  • Doing_The_Unstruck
    Doing_The_Unstruck Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I cruise around on a hoverscale. My bed is also a scale, and so is my car seat.
  • Dgross1
    Dgross1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing! HAHA!
  • Dgross1
    Dgross1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm horrible.. I weigh before bed and when I wake up in the morning. LOL I agree with you about
    keeping me motivated.. I like the daily reminder.

I do the same thing! HAHA!
  • claire47
    claire47 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning, I have found that if I dont then I end up putting on weight, so it must give me some kinda motivation to eat better throughout the day, although I dont think its a conscious thing, that just seems to be the way it works. Cx
  • Jezebel9
    Jezebel9 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    twice a month
  • knknosmom
    knknosmom Posts: 1
    Options
    I have been weighing myself daily, although I only do my weigh in weekly on here. But I am starting to get frustrated because throughout the day it changes, so I am going to start only doing it weekly, to help prevent myself from getting frustrated.
  • pam_perfect1
    Options
    I weigh first thing every Saturday morning. It is a big deal as dh will bring the scales and verify my weight. It is a lot of fun. Been using mfp since January and I love it. Only 4lbs from my goal. Can't wait until Saturday to see how I am doing.:smile:
  • Loulady
    Loulady Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Every morning.
  • harleygaljojo
    harleygaljojo Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday as soon as I get up. It helps stay on track. I log my weight every Friday am.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself three times a day:

Once before I poop in the AM
    Once after I poop in the AM
    Once before bed (in the PM, obvs.)

The reason? I find the weight fluctuations interesting! And really, weight loss takes weeks and weeks... watching the weight fluctuation through my cycle, through high-sodium days, etc. helps me gauge my progress better than if I were to just weigh myself once a week or less. (what if you weekly weigh-in day falls on one of those high-sodium days, you know??)
  • vbwannabeskinny
    vbwannabeskinny Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week or sometimes I can go every 2 weeks. I tend to get frustrated with the scale if the numbers stay the same or go up :D I get excited to weigh in when my measurements change or my clothes start getting baggy :D
  • lindseypro
    lindseypro Posts: 14
    Options
    I used to weigh myself once a day - but then I found that I was becoming CONSUMED by it. For now, I'm weighing myself once a week, first thing in the morning after going to the bathroom. Eventually I will get back to weighing everyday but since I'm just starting out (again) I feel more effective when I see a bigger weight loss. I'll work on building my confidence first :)
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I know this isn't what most people do or for that matter what is usually recommended.

That said I am currently doing weigh-ins every two weeks. I have learned from past experiences that if the scales are dropping I celebrate ( in the past it has usually been with food) and if it isn't dropping I throw in the towel, either way it ends with me over indulging.

This time around I am concentrating more on the difference in how my body looks and how my clothes are fitting. It seems to be working better for me right now. I lost 9 pounds the first two weeks and did not use that as a reason to celebrate with food. Instead I rewarded myself with a set of weights and 30DS. I finished day 6 today and can already recognize my endurance level going up.

I am really trying to see this more as a lifestyle this time around rather than dieting. I want it to become something I am comfortable with and want rather than something I am just struggling through only to return to my old ways at some point.
  • philenam
    philenam Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Since I'm still trying to lose weight, I weigh myself almost every day. I also record it on a calendar. Once I get to my goal and maintain it for a few weeks, I will cut back to once a week.
  • wildcata77
    wildcata77 Posts: 660
    Options
    I step on out of habit each morning after my first bathroom trip.

I only log on Friday, though, whether that number is the lowest that week or not.
  • lillian0308
    lillian0308 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday. I am addicted to the scale.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!