How do I improve my cardio

2»

Replies

• Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,247 Member
    My cardio really sucks. I can jog for about two minutes then I'm out of breathe. Should I just keep at it and try to increase my length? I really want to run but I just don't have the cardio for it.

It comes with practice, do not give up, just persevere.

Lengthen the time or the distance each time but just 20 seconds extra or 100m. After a month, you will be able to do tons more than you are doing now and will not look back.

This is providing you do not give up :flowerforyou:
  • kristin1125
    kristin1125 Posts: 61 Member
    Bump.

Always looking for help with my running/breathing issues.
  • gecho
    gecho Posts: 426 Member
    bump

though i keep stopping and having to start over, try C25K
  • Angie_1MR
    Angie_1MR Posts: 247
    I was the SAME way about a year ago, I would've rather had my fingernails pulled out than do cardio!! You just have to start slow and gradually increase your time. Start with 5 or 10 minutes, then each session, do an extra 2 minutes, or whatever you can handle.
  • ccsick
    ccsick Posts: 91 Member
    Cool, I will keep at it then, I think I may be going to fast, and I did download the Free C25K app onto my iPhone. I didn't have confidence that I could do it, but after reading here, I can! I know I can.

http://c25kfree.com/
  • angcubby
    angcubby Posts: 31 Member
    I used to not be able to run a mile. But I started cycling and that really benefits your lungs. After a couple of months of doing some serious cycling...im running 5 miles. Just be patient. You'll get there. It just takes time to build up your endurance. But try cycling. It really helps.