Confused with TDEE and BMR

2»

Replies

• itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/calorie-calculator.html

i use this calculator and then take away 1000 calories to lose 2lbs per week

So how many calories are you limiting yourself to???
  • Do you not exercise? Your TDEE - 20% is only 1333 if you do nothing.

At the moment no. Not even much walking as I have fractured my spine. When I start to move around more and do exercise of course I will up my intake.
    Stop eating empty carbs! Focus on proteins, veggies, a few fruits and some nutrient rich carbohydrates, get a little more bang for your buck with those kind of foods.

The noodles and crisps were before. I eat a lot of chicken/ham and veggies now. And wholemeal pasta, almonds etc - I'm moving in the right direction.

It's hard to compute the whole eating more will make you loose more :huh:
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Do you not exercise? Your TDEE - 20% is only 1333 if you do nothing.

At the moment no. Not even much walking as I have fractured my spine. When I start to move around more and do exercise of course I will up my intake.
    Stop eating empty carbs! Focus on proteins, veggies, a few fruits and some nutrient rich carbohydrates, get a little more bang for your buck with those kind of foods.

The noodles and crisps were before. I eat a lot of chicken/ham and veggies now. And wholemeal pasta, almonds etc - I'm moving in the right direction.

It's hard to compute the whole eating more will make you loose more :huh:
    Your body has to be properly fueled to work efficiently... ie burn calories how its supposed to. Your body is pretty smart and will begin to adapt to certain conditions over a period of time.

Also if you don't have a lot to lose, then shoot for a lower loss per week goal, like TDEE - 10 or 15%.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    However, I lost a lot of muscle mass while running every day and eating below 1500 cals net.
    Excessive deficits are potentially bad whether through eating less (kittens will die) or exercising a lot (sainthood awaits).