Eating on a Cruise Ship

2»

Replies

• lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    If you really want to be sensible, stay away from the buffet and eat every meal in the dining room. We cruised Carnival last October, and the portions served in the dining room were quite sensible. They weren't huge like you get in a regular restaurant. Keep in mind there is probably a gym on board your ship that you can use. And it's your vacation...live a littel! :)

I gained 6 pounds on a 9-day cruise but it was gone within 2 weeks of our return. I don't regret one single bite!!

No worries about staying away from the buffet, as I don't eat at them. I think they are utterly gross and one of the most germ-ridden places. Who knows who coughed or sneezed on the food, or where their hands have been and use the serving utensils (i.e., going to the bathroom and not washing their hands afterwards). I've even seen people pick up food with their hands and put it back.

I know that the back of the house in restaurants may not be any better, but at least I don't see what's going on and can pretend it's clean.

You'll want to check with your cruise line before you go, then. On some ships, the main dining room is not open for every meal.
  • pleytem
    pleytem Posts: 79 Member
    We lost weight while on our last cruise. We made the NO ELEVATOR rule . We each had 1 free pass to use on the elevator the entire cruise and the rest of the time it was the stairs believe me it was a workout We found eating healthy was easy because there were sooo many choices at every meal. We only ate dinners in the dining area rather than the buffets We found the portions were good the food was better, we even ordered desserts a couple times which we walked off by taking strolls around the decks at night which we all really enjoyed doing.We didn't go to the gym as we felt with all the walking and swimming we were getting in plenty of exercise Don't stress out just relax enjoy your vacation :smile: Oh by the way no one ever used their elevator pass ....