AOS Punch or Rogue "kilo" bells

Werdall360
Werdall360 Posts: 2 Member
I am in the market for a heavier bell and was looking at the Art of Strength Punch and Rogue Kilo bells. AOS is currently running a sale and the 20% off is tempting. I am currently using a cap bell and it seems a little slick. These bells look a little rougher in the handle and they are made in the USA...which to me is a plus. If anyone had had a chance to put hands on these bells I would love to hear you opnions. I am also open to other suggestions.

thanks!

Replies

• ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,021 Member
    I have never tried those. I have some Muscle Driver kettlebells that are fairly slick. I like them, but the handles on the 16 kgs are too thick for me. A couple of posters on this forum directed me toward Dragon Door's RKC kettlebells because they make a 16 with a thinner handle. It's a little rougher, so better grip and just looks and feels higher quality, although it was about $30 more than the Muscle Driver version.
  • 40Marbles
    40Marbles Posts: 188 Member
    I recently got a 40 lb. from New York Barbells. The handle is not as thick as the cap barbell kettlebells and it's wider so it's much easier to use for 2 handed swings. (There is a picture in the "Show me your bells" thread.)

Their shipping rates from their ebay store are very reasonable - if it fits in a USPS flat rate box.
  • KidP
    KidP Posts: 247 Member
    Our club recently picked up some pro style ones, Bells of Steel. The handles are some kind of brushed metal so much smoother than on my York ones. I don't like them for 2 handed swings, but for anything involving 1 hand, they're great. They clean to rack position nicely because of the way they sit on your arm. Haven't tried the ones the OP mentioned, sorry.