Slim women / muscled men...

2»

Replies

• Peta22
    Peta22 Posts: 377 Member
    At the risk of getting yelled at AGAIN, I'd say it all depends on the physical make up of the particular individual - be they male or female... Personally, I am naturally very muscular so for me I'd say its harder for me to be a slim woman than a muscular one!

Each to their Own... Let the slamming begin!! :tongue:
  • d0gma
    d0gma Posts: 3,966 Member
    just curious...whats the point of even wondering about this?

And furthermore, what's the point of wondering why she's wondering about this?

Just curious...

:p
    Why wonder about the point of wondering the why of the wonder?
  • Easywider
    Easywider Posts: 434 Member
    men put on muscle FAR more easily than women, and men also lose fat far more easily.

cutting is easy for men. putting on muscle is REALLY hard for women...

that being said, it stands to reason that the low body-fat, muscled woman has taken up the most difficult challenge. XD

I think you may be standing on an unstable platform with those bold claims...

It's all relative to the individual's nutritional refinement and quality of exercise exerted. I've seen plenty of women who consult the same nutritionist and exercise physiologist that I do who have gone from average to stage ready in the same amount of time as their male counterparts. I haven't come across any hard,case studied empirical evidence, that proves a significant aptitude towards fat loss for one gender vs the other. Muscle building however...Comparing pound for pound lean gains, obvious the advantage goes to the males due to the holy sex hormone Testosterone. But with that said the ratio between the two for gains, comparatively speaking, isn't steroidal or anything. Straying into opinion...5lbs of lean mass on a male is far less impressive looking that 5lbs lean mass on a female. The smaller frame with a higher percentage of LBM is always going to look more aesthetically pleasing than that of a larger framed individual with a comparable LBM.
  • steve1686
    steve1686 Posts: 346 Member
    amount-of-work-required-to-look-good--men-vs-women.jpg
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,486 Member
    men put on muscle FAR more easily than women, and men also lose fat far more easily.

cutting is easy for men. putting on muscle is REALLY hard for women...

that being said, it stands to reason that the low body-fat, muscled woman has taken up the most difficult challenge. XD

I think you may be standing on an unstable platform with those bold claims...

It's all relative to the individual's nutritional refinement and quality of exercise exerted. I've seen plenty of women who consult the same nutritionist and exercise physiologist that I do who have gone from average to stage ready in the same amount of time as their male counterparts. I haven't come across any hard,case studied empirical evidence, that proves a significant aptitude towards fat loss for one gender vs the other. Muscle building however...Comparing pound for pound lean gains, obvious the advantage goes to the males due to the holy sex hormone Testosterone. But with that said the ratio between the two for gains, comparatively speaking, isn't steroidal or anything. Straying into opinion...5lbs of lean mass on a male is far less impressive looking that 5lbs lean mass on a female. The smaller frame with a higher percentage of LBM is always going to look more aesthetically pleasing than that of a larger framed individual with a comparable LBM.
    Lol, you must not know any Samoan females then.:laugh: :laugh:

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • placebomonkey
    placebomonkey Posts: 104 Member
    I'm gona go with slim is harder only because personally I find it easy to run 40 minutes than saying NO to a chocolate donut :laugh:

There's a bit more to building muscle than saying no to junk food...

Yes I know and much more than 40 minutes running! Howether hats off to will power and turning down the things you would love to stuff in your cake hole !!
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    I think it's easier to slim down than to bulk up. That photo pretty much nailed it.