How accurate are you?

124»

Replies

• susiebear29
    susiebear29 Posts: 266
    I weigh everything and it drives my boyfriend MAD!!!! but i just tell him it's my food, my body, my life!!! :smile:
  • I use measuring cups because I will cheat if I don't...lol:)
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    I've been on MFP for almost a year now and I still weigh and measure almost everything. Mainly because I don't trust myself, even now, to be able to eyeball stuff. Doesn't take that much extra time and helps keep me "honest"!

this ;-)
  • maggiemay365
    maggiemay365 Posts: 181 Member
    I use an electronic scale and weigh everything..4 ounces of protein can look a lot different that what you think it would!
  • reashamoriba
    reashamoriba Posts: 121 Member
    I really don't weight or measure anything. I use a pinch for teaspoon. A hand full for 1/2 cup. I just guesstimate LOL

12848368.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • I measure some things, but usually just eyeball. I do use the checkpoints (meat size of a deck of cards, etc) but usually use my best estimate. At almost 23 pounds down (fairly easily--sorry) it's working well for me.
  • Defren
    Defren Posts: 216 Member
    Absolutely! I weigh every last little thing so I know exactly what I am eating. I would be afraid I would have too much otherwise and as a T2 diabetic I can't afford to get things wrong.
  • BR3ANDA
    BR3ANDA Posts: 622 Member
    I weigh and measure EVERYTHING, I'm actually obsessed with it now, I probably go overboard, but it least it directs my attention to something other than "finding that perfect potato chip out of the whole bag".
  • trm981
    trm981 Posts: 42 Member
    I just eyeball most things. I don't own a food scale. I've been doing this for awhile so I am really good at estimating portion sizes. To someone just starting out measuring portions is crucial to understanding proper portion sizes. I also always enter in a little more than I think I had just to be safe.

I do however always measure things like oil and peanut butter. Even being a little bit off on these can change your calorie count significantly because they are so calorie dense. Putting in 1.5 tbsp of oil instead of 1 adds 60 calories and 7 grams of fat, and it is really difficult to tell the difference if you're just pouring it in a pan from the bottle.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    I'm a freak about it. I measure everything. Once it's something I eat all the time I go for a while without measuring, but then I do every now and again to make sure. The way I see it is you can't make accurate decisions unless you have accurate information. So everything gets logged as accurately as possible.