Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,493 Member
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Wednesday were Monica Pulgarin's Zumba, Beginner Gentle, Revive and Restore Yoga and LiTe Strong Body Stacked sets: Lower.

The weather is really beautiful here this week. It actually warmed up today and I think we hit 80 degrees.

Laurie, I am happy about Cathe's announcement too! Great workout!

Our friends bought us dinner early on during the quarantine and it was delicious. She told me that it tasted like the meatloaf she makes with the Lipton soup. The recipe is for 2 lbs of meat which is too much for us so I divided the soup in half. The restaurant's meatloaf had bacon on top as well as BBQ sauce. It was sooo good! I hope you try it!

Laurel, great workout combo today!! Great job!

My curls are really happy after the haircut. I told the stylist as soon as I saw her that I'd cut my own hair in July. She started laughing because a lot of people have done the same thing. LOL

I didn't realize you'd tossed one the rotation weeks out! Now it all makes sense! I love these upper/lower weeks too!! I'm so glad you want to repeat this week because I'll be able to do week two which has great workouts!

I just realized that we're going to finish this rotation next month! WOW! This has been a fantastic rotation Laurel!

Goodnight ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,404 Member
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was 30MTF Build & Burn Lower Body Tabata, always a good one. Our friend called us yesterday and said that his dog had a close encounter with a skunk. :p

Laurel, Nice job on the workouts! Glad that you enjoyed the upper body work, even though you are still having DOMS from the great one you did on Monday. Have to love it when a workout actually helps with the soreness. Thanks for the info on the download, I will be trying that one out at some point in the future. Yep that is the way I am in the fall also. In the mornings its cold, so you where layers. By the afternoon it warms up enough to start taking those off. Love the weather though. I don't know if you saw, but Cathe has the premixes listed for the workouts on her shopping page. <3

Thelma, Great job on your workouts! I didn't make the meatloaf last night, but will probably do so tonight. I forgot that DH was going to pick up Chinese after his hair appointment last night. Always enjoy not having to cook. I will probably do the 2lbs, just so we have some leftovers. ;)

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,756 Member
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Cathe Live Touch Up Training Lower Body and a 45 minute spin with Peloton. DH and I also got in a nice walk, which is good since it looks a little stormy for the next few days as that hurricane comes through.

Thelma, great workouts. When I got my haircut, my stylist asked me if I had tried to cut it and was pleasantly surprised when I said ‘no’. I think there have been a few COVID haircut disasters. :D I am so glad you have enjoyed this rotation. For me, it has absolutely flown by. Just to throw this out there if you are interested, I am toying with doing something a little similar next but also very different. I am thinking about trying to create an undulating rotation. How that would differ is this rotation we are doing has two weeks of similar styles and one week of circuits in between. I am thinking of four week blocks, each week being a different style of lifting (except for week 1, which would always be a form of circuit or metabolic workouts). For instance, week 1 would be circuits, week 2 would be Total Body, week three would be Supersets and Giant Sets, Week 4 would be heavy. Then I would go back to circuits or metabolic work for Week 1 and then maybe do One Body Part (like Muscle Meltdown) for Week 2, Upper/Lower for Week 3 and Split Sets for week 4. This is just an example. I haven’t written anything down or even decided how long I think it should be. But if you are interested, let me know and I will try to come up with a plan.

Laurie, great workout. Well, at least you aren’t alone with the skunk encounters! Thanks for pointing out the premixes on Cathe’s site. Looks like a lot of variety in them given all the bonus workouts she did for this. I am so anxious to get these workouts right now. I agree about loving this weather. It is, without doubt, my favorite season.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Thursday were Monica Pulgarin's Zumba and S&S Total Body Giant Sets Upper Body.

Laurie, great job with your KCM workouts! Did your friend ask for advice on how to get the skunk smell off her dog? Poor thing!

I can't wait to hear what you thought about the meatloaf! It is so nice not having to cook. I can't convince DH to get take out anymore.

Laurel, great workouts! Sounds like we're going to have the same kind of weather.

I also think the rotation has flown by too! I love the sound of the rotation you have in mind! Of course I'm interested! Thanks so much!

Have a great weekend!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning my workout was 30MTF LIFT Power Sculpting workout. This one is a metabolic workout, and very enjoyable. Then I got to work and so far it has been one bizarre thing after another. I don't work in accounts payable, but it sure seems like I'm the only contact person that companies seem to have on their records. Guess that is what happens when you work for a company for over 20 years. :D

Laurel, Awesome workouts! I did have to chuckle about the hair disasters from being in quarantine. My dd was seeing the color disasters. She had one person in her chair for 4 hours, just do correct the color. I have to say that I was one of the very lucky people that had a built in stylist. I was also one of the few people that was going into work also. :D Undulating is a great way to create something different, should be an interesting format. I really like the premixes that they created. I was very glad to see they have the upper body separated into different premixes, and that some of them are short enough to do a double if necessary.

Thelma, Love the workouts! No we didn't need to give advise, but the dog did have to stay on the enclosed front porch for a couple of days even after getting a good bath. :D I didn't make the meatloaf again last night, I forgot I had my online course. We just ate leftovers. But I will for sure be making it this weekend. I have to use up some bacon that I have in the fridge. Bummer on not getting the takeout. We try to do take out on Friday's, because we want these restaurants to stay in business.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Body Blast Supersets Upper Body Blast followed by Cathe Live Fitness Fusion. That upper body workout remains one of my favorite Cathe premixes, which is odd because I don’t care too much for the Supersets workout in its original form. But that one hour upper body premix gives the arms a really nice full feeling, which I love after a workout. So good.

Thelma, great workouts. We are beginning to see the early signs of the hurricane today with clouds and a little rain. It may shoot north of us but, right now, it is looking like we might get some storms out of it. I just hope they aren’t too bad. I am glad you like the sound of my not-yet-formed rotation. I will try to work on it over the next week or so to see what it looks like. I may make it last through the bulk of the winter...just to have a plan to get through what I think is going to be a bit of a difficult winter for me mentally. Whereas I have used the last two rotations we have done to convince myself to do workouts I tend to avoid, I think I want to make this next one more enjoyable so I may end up repeating workouts more. I say this because if there is a workout I repeat too much and you have ones you enjoy more, do what makes you feel good.

Laurie, great workout. Got to love a good metabolic workout. At least it is Friday which is better than having a bizarre workday on Monday. No doubt your DD saw some stuff after they opened again. I actually don’t miss going in every month to get my hair colored at all. But I hope to get it cut more than once every six months! Tami and I did an undulating rotation several years ago using STS and I really enjoyed it. I love the constant change in lifting styles and felt it was pretty effective.

DH is pulling me out the door to walk. :)

Enjoy the weekend.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a nice weekend. Ours was rainy and relaxing.
    My workouts on Friday were Monica Pulgarin's Zumba, Ashtanga Yoga and Sculpted-Movement Fusion.
    My workout on Sunday was ICE Lower Body Blast.

Laurie, great workout!
    Once you are nice and helpful to a customer or a vendor you will be the only person they contact! LOL

Sounds like your friend's dog was still smelly after the bath!

I hope you're enjoying your quilting class! I really would like to do takeout every once in a while but I'm OK without as long as DH is happy with our home cooking.

Laurel, great workouts! I like that upper body premix too. Great idea to make the new rotation last through the bulk of the winter! I think the winter is harder mentally when it comes to working out so I love the idea of making the next rotation more enjoyable. The current one has been awesome! Don't worry about repeating workouts because I can always modify it to my liking.

I hope you didn't get hit with the hurricane.
    It's been cloudy here since Friday and it rained pretty hard on Friday and Saturday night. We had some rain during the day time but nothing like what we had at night. Today was pretty cloudy and it didn't rain much. The sun made a short appearance in the afternoon.

I can't believe your DH was pulling out the door to go for a walk! Did he restart his Peloton workouts?

Have a great week ladies!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Hope you enjoyed the weekend. Ours was quiet due to rainy weather, but we got some errands accomplished and did a few things around the house to make it feel productive enough. For workouts, on Saturday I did a Jessica Smith Interval walk and 30 minutes of power yoga with Kristin McGee. Yesterday was CTX Leaner Legs and a 45 minute HiiT and Hills ride with Peloton. And today was CTX Upper Body Split and CTX Kickbox cardio and core work, which I haven’t done in ages.

Thelma, sounds like you had a similar weekend weather-wise. We had quite a bit of rain but none of the blustery weather they initially predicted which was fine with me. But we were covered in fog all Saturday and the humidity remains very high. Hopefully that will get pushed out later today and we can return to some fresher fall weather. Great workouts this weekend. DH is working out about three days a week right now, but is sticking with his Max Trainer at the minute. I am letting him do his own thing which works best for him. But I am happy he is doing something at least. I can always see it in his energy levels, which are so much better when he is a little lighter and more active.

On the new rotation, do you prefer me to put workouts on specific days of the week or simply say ‘do these workouts this week?’ Just curious which format you prefer.

Until tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workout today was ICE Chiseled Upper Body. DH and I went for a ride today to NC and TN. We are so close to the border. It was cloudy and a little rainy but we managed to see some beautiful foliage colors.

Laurel, sounds like you made the most of a rainy weekend! Great workouts!

I was also worried about the potential for blustery weather but thankfully we only got rain. We had a beautiful afternoon here in Blue Ridge. The sun finally came out for the first time since Thursday and the temps were in the low 70's. We sat out on the deck for a little while to enjoy the beautiful weather. Cooler weather will return here as well.
    I am so glad your DH is sticking with his workouts! I bet he is feeling the benefits of the workouts already.

I'm Ok if you tell me the workout names for a given week. I can assign the days of the week. Thank you!

Goodnight!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

I took a day off yesterday. I had a doctors appointment, and since I have a lot of vacation time to take before the end of the year, I thought it would be nice to just be off. So my workout yesterday was 30MTF Stepboxing Workout 2 and this morning was Athletic Conditioning Vol 1 Workout 2 (stretching). Our walnut trees are almost leafless, just wish that all the trees would drop their leaves at the same time. Guess if the weather is nice this weekend, we will be racking some leaves.

Laurel, Love the workouts! Have to admit that I have not done the CTX workouts in a while, might have to revisit those at some point. Of course it would only be the weight work and the kickboxing one that you did. Those step workouts are more iffy for me. :D The core work in that set is also very good, so glad that you where able to get that all in. Nice that your DH is still doing the workouts. My DH actually did some core work this past week, which surprised me. I don't know if it will last, but one can be hopeful. :D

Thelma, Nice ICE workouts and of course your zumba! We are at peak color right now with all the maples, and it is so pretty. Sometimes I wish that we had a maple, but they sure do have a lot of leaves. Way more than our walnut tree does. :D I did enjoy my class, and have started my spiral collage. DH says that it really looks good, so I'm going to have to believe him. Yesterday I worked on some squares, I did some tiny ones that are only 3 inches.

Here is a picture. :)al8audw0ua1s.jpg

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Cathe’s live class from last week which was Metabolic Lower Body followed by a 45 minute spin from Peloton. I loved that lower body workout from Cathe I did today. Even though it is metabolic in that the heart rate was up, the moves were done at a slower, totally controlled tempo. I could feel it deep in my muscles when I was spinning, that’s for sure. The other thing I noticed is, well, to be honest, Cathe has seemed pretty low energy the last few weeks in her live workouts. She has even mentioned it more than once. I would imagine trying to get her gym back open, figuring out classes, DVDs, etc...and just the nature of life in a pandemic...has (understandably) caught up with her. This is not a complaint because I like to see she is human, especially on days when I am feeling a little down as well. But this workout I did today was more Cathe I am familiar with. She had me laughing out loud a few times with her jokes. It was just good to see. This is one I will definitely revisit.

Thelma, great workout. I am glad you got out and enjoyed some of the fall colors. We are hoping to take a drive this weekend if the weather stays clear. I haven’t been outside the city limits since spring, so I would really like to see something different. :) We have a gorgeous day here today. Hope you are enjoying something similar. I hope to start working on the new rotation soon. It is going to come up fast!

Laurie, love the colors on your quilting. That small square is wonderful! I imagine that is much harder to work on than larger areas. Great workouts. I enjoyed revisiting CTX the last couple of days. I have very rarely done any of the cardio from that series because, for whatever reason, none of it ever clicked with me. But I did enjoy the kickboxing yesterday and I had forgotten how good that Ab section is. I am trying to reduce my non-spin cardio days to between 30-40 minutes, and so I may be doing this one more often in the future.

Until tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Tuesday were Zumba and Yoga Basics. We had another beautiful fall day today.
    Early voting has started in GA so DH and I went to cast our votes this afternoon. Due to social distancing there were only two clerks checking people in so we had to wait but it wasn't bad. We were done in 50 minutes.

Laurie, I hope you were able to enjoy your day off. Great workouts!
    I used to say the same thing about wishing the trees would drop their leaves at the same time!
    I bet the trees look beautiful there at peak color! I can't say that I see a lot of maples around here. We have a lot of dogwoods, pines, mimosas and poplars. There's one other tree but I can't remember what it's called.

I am so glad you're enjoying your quilting class. I LOVE that quilt pattern and the colors too! Good job!

Laurel, great workout combo! It is totally understandable for Cathe to low on energy these days. She has a lot going on at the same time! I'm sure it was good to have Cathe being her normal self!
    I think this weekend will be perfect to take a nice drive outside the city limits. We're going to take another short drive to NC on Friday morning.
    Thank you so much for working on that rotation. You're a lifesaver!

Goodnight ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was 30MTF Body Training workout 2, which is the Pilates/Floorwork. Guess I need to do those type of workouts once in a while. :D

Laurel, Awesome job on your workouts. Glad to hear that Cathe gave you a great workout, and that you could feel her mojo being back. I'm sure that she has a lot on her plate like you indicated. Those new DVD's are getting closer and closer to being in our hands. I have to admit that I would love to have them by the beginning of next month, because it would be nice to do a 4 week rotation with those. Yes, CTX and the kickboxing from 4DS are short but some good kb work. Do you have the DVD with just the ab work from her older DVD's. The CTX ab work is in that one, and she mixes them up with other series. With the live do you also get the On Demand? I can't remember if they where a package deal. Those small squares are really hard, not necessarily to sew, it is the ironing of the seams. I'm still debating if I will try the squares in the 9" size also. The quilt along has cutting instructions for 9, 6 and 3.

Thelma, Great job on your workouts. Glad to hear that you got your voting out of the way. They have not opened up the early voting yet, but DH and I will probably be doing the same thing. No need to stand in line on voting day when you can do it beforehand. Nice to hear that I'm not the only one that doesn't enjoy raking all the time. I will have to post the other two patterns that I finished. The second block I have both sizes, but the third block pattern was the most advanced and I only finished up the six inch so far. I will have to really prep myself when doing that one. The fourth block will be released on Friday.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was XT Burn Sets Upper Body and Core 1 followed by Cathe Live Cardio Challenge Express. Everything felt good today. Must be the lovely fall weather giving me some energy this week.

Thelma, great workout. I am glad you were able to vote somewhat painlessly. There is no early voting here, so I will be in line on Election Day. But our election site doesn’t cover a huge area (and is located at the nature trail not far from our house) so I am hoping it isn’t too bad. I was tossing around ideas in my head on the new rotation during my workout this morning, and I think it will end up being 5 4-week blocks, which will take us to early March if we start right after this rotation. But I am kind of hoping to see Perfect 30 before starting the next rotation, because I really want to fit it is where possible. I am still hoping we can do the workouts in the last two weeks of this rotation. If not, I may suggest we take a week or two in between rotations to enjoy Perfect 30 before moving on.

Laurie, great workout. And, yes, we need those workouts sometimes.....no matter how hard that is to convince myself of! I do have the Ab Hits DVD. This will sound odd, but I had the Ab Hits video, and the DVD is nothing like the video, and I have always had a little difficulty adjusting to its format. B) So I am always more inclined to just reach for a DVD of an Ab section I like than that one for some odd reason. But every time I do use it, I wonder why I don’t try it more. Anyhow, if you get On Demand, you get Live. But I think you can opt for Live only. I don’t actually think there is an option for just On Demand only. I hope that makes sense! I would burn my fingers trying to iron those little squares, that’s for sure!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Wednesday were Gina B 2000 Steps, Beginner Gentle, LITE Pyramid Pump Upper Body and Revive and Restore Yoga.

Laurie, great workout! I have that workout but I don't think I've ever done it. I'm going to have to do it soon!

Good idea to vote early. You'll probably still wait in line but hopefully it won't be too bad. I heard some people waited 10 hours to vote! I think it was here in GA too.
    Raking is never fun. Thank God we don't have maples around our property so the leaves aren't bad. I am looking forward to seeing your other patterns Laurie!

Laurel, great workout combo!!

I am so glad we were able to vote yesterday. It's too bad AL doesn't have early voting! At least your voting location is close by.
    I like the idea of 4-5 week blocks Laurel. I also hope we get the Perfect 30 workouts before we start the rotation. Great suggestion to pause the rotation to enjoy the Perfect 30 workouts in case they don't get to us on time for the rotation.

Goodnight ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Have had a very busy morning so far! My workout was 30MTF Bootcamp Workout 1.

Laurel, Great job on the workouts! I'm sure with less humidity those workouts are a lot more forgiving on your body. I know that I'm enjoying the coolness. Can't believe how cold it was this morning though. That is one video that I didn't have, so do not know how that one was formatted. I don't blame you for using the DVD's for the ab sections, I'm sure it is nice to just have it ready to go when you are done with the live workout. I think that you are correct with the On Demand, it has been a while since I had the subscription. Oh yes burning the fingers is not fun, and I have done that a lot. :D

Thelma, Love that Pyramid workout! If you do that workout, it gets more difficult if you where the ankle weights. I didn't that and really felt it. I like that it was only 30 minutes also. We live in a small village, so shouldn't have to wait to long. I will probably take another day off of work, and then do my voting on that day. I have to check with DH as to when he is free. He is either on a meeting, taking his Mom to the doctor or delivering food or at work in person.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was LITE Pyramid Pump Lower Body and Abs 1 followed by a 45 minute spin with Peloton.

Thelma, great workouts. I am glad you like the sound of the new rotation. I am continuing to work the concept a bit. Once I think the format makes sense, then I will start filling in workouts. Just so you know, even though the holidays this year aren’t going to be busy for me because of the pandemic, I am still going to schedule some shorter workouts for those weeks. One reason is time. The other is because, after years of New Years resolutions and working out, I am predisposed to enjoy tough workouts in January. :D So we’ll think of it as the calm before the storm. ;) Anyhow, I bring this up because even if we don’t play too much with Perfect 30 before we start the rotation, they will definitely be in our rotation in December. Goodness I can’t believe I am already talking about holidays. :o:o

Laurie, great workout. There is no question that the lower humidity and temperatures has me feeling my workouts completely differently. In the summer, I break a sweat just walking up the stairs to my workout room. Now, I will be 15 minutes into my cardio and wondering where all the moisture is. :D While I love the feeling of hard work that comes with sweating hard, I actually think I prefer the more energy I am feeling right now. You mentioned your MIL. Is she doing okay?

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Hi Ladies ~ It’s your old MFP friend Tami here. :):) I am sorry it has been so long. What a whirlwind of a month or whatever it has been. The good news is that I have been following along on our rotation/format and it has been so nice to stick to those workouts! Thank you again Laurel for always posting those. When I am MIA it gives me a great schedule to follow. Plus Peloton rides and walks when it has been nice. Really getting cold now. Next week is supposed to be pretty Fall like forsure.

Things are good for me, busy as usual at work and DH just got home yesterday from fishing. It was a terrible season if I’m being honest between the thick smoke and cancellations due to that, then the actual fishing being really tough so long days on the river. Then to make things worse, both his parents tested positive for COVID. You guys, it is so awful. Luckily his mom didn’t have to go into the hospital and is home; nearly out of the 14 day period and doing much better. But his dad is now in the hospital for the 2nd time. He has double pneumonia and COVID. They were both at home and wouldn’t go to a doctor. HOW CRAZY IS THAT?!?!?! She thought they both just had colds/bronchitis. Even though she watches the news every day and realizes there is a pandemic happening. It is almost like a denial due to being afraid. So it is day by day right now with his dad. He is only on oxygen, not a respirator thank goodness and gets up each day but his lungs are very weak and the recovery is slow. Brett came home a few days early because eventhough he can’t go see his dad he wants to at least be nearby. It is so hard to know someone this close to us going through this . . . . and alone. Hopefully someone can show him how to Face Time because he has his Ipad with him.

I think things are slowing down slightly for use here …. Enough that I can get on here and chat with you guys again. Miss you all and hope you are all well. I am sure so much has happened on a day-to-day and I will try to ready through and catch up. ;)

Talk to you soon ~ Tami

• ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Thursday were Gina B HIIT for Weight Loss and LITE Pyramid Pump Lower Body.

Laurie, great job with your 30MTF workout!

I'm going to have to try the ankle weights next time I do the Pyramid Pump Lower Body workout!

You're lucky to live in a small community so voting won't be too bad. Great idea to take a day off on voting day! Hopefully your DH can squeeze voting into his busy schedule!

Laurel, we did the same leg workout! Great workout combo!

Thank you so much for thinking of doing lighter workouts during the holidays! We won't be busy those days either but there's something mental about doing shorter workouts those days! LOL

I am sure we will have the new DVDs no later than next month. It feels weird to talk about the holidays now but they are just around the corner!

Have a wonderful weekend ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    edited October 2020
    Morning Ladies,

The best news is that I received my shipping notification from Cathe, and she announced that the DVD's are expected on the 21st. So I think that I will be able to do my Nov 1 rotation after all. :) This morning my workout was RAW Just Step #2. There is snow up north!!! :p

Laurel, Great workouts! I'm the same way about the sweat, that is so funny. :D My MIL is okay, but very much showing her 94 years. She has fallen twice, has a hair line fracture in her back. Of course she was cleaning her oven, even though it is self cleaning. :o She also says that her kitchen floor is filthy, she needs to come to my house to see a filthy kitchen floor. :D I'm sure that DH will need a vacation from his Mom after all this. :D She did say that she wants to move, but I think that the amount of stuff she has is making her worried. They did finally get some of his Dad's stuff out. They sold the train sets, and are working on his ham radio equipment. Unfortunately we can't go over there right now, so no one is able to help her sort. DH, his brother, our youngest (cutting hair) and DH's niece (nurse) have been the only ones to visit her.

Tami, Awesome to hear from you! Glad to hear that the workout rotation is keeping you focused. I'm so sorry to hear about your MIL and FIL having Covid. I will keep them in my prayers. That is unfortunately what the doctors are saying about people not coming in, so then they can't help them with preventatives. I hope that they are able to get him on a chat so that he can talk to the family. I know what you are going through with the work load, my oldest dd has been so busy at work. She said that they are all burned out, and need a huge break.

Thelma, Love the workouts! I have vacation that I want scheduled, but I still have 6 days to use up before the end of the year. I'm going to be taking days off when I want to, and I may do a few more days around Christmas.

Have a great weekend!
    Laurie