Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,773 Member
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was STS Disk 37/Squat Rack Legs, which I always have to talk myself into because of the long breaks. But I cheated today and took my kindle with me so, after stretching after each exercise, I read my book. It made the workout fly. :D Anyhow, I followed it with the core work from Muscle Max and a 30 minute climb ride with Peloton. I am definitely feeling DOMS from yesterday’s chest/back workout but, so far, my energy has been pretty good this week given the sudden move to pretty heavy workouts. I may be saying something different come Friday.

Thelma, great workouts. No doubt the weather is playing around with my energy levels. On Saturday I felt like the carpeting had more energy than me. Thankfully I am not quite as bad this week. I am glad you like the sound of the new STS rotation....if we choose to do it, of course. :) But I think doing it this way will make it more manageable. I am starting to write down some notes because I think one of the keys for me to get through that type of rotation is to really manage my cardio (keep it short!) and stretch a lot. So I may toy with writing down a fuller rotation (to include stretches and core work and some cardio recommendations) than I usually do. I have a tendency to want to do too much cardio (because it helps my mood) but I think, to prevent injury and such, I need to curb that tendency if I am going to do another full STS rotation. So please feel free to share your thoughts because I want to make it work for you as well. I plan on seeing you next week at Barre if it goes back to its normal time. :)

Laurie, great workout. I am not sure I would want to repeat the same HiiT workouts for four weeks either. I wish you could join us with STS as well, but these workouts are SO long. I don’t blame you for a single second in wanting that extra sleep. If I were working, there would be no way I could handle a full STS rotation at this age. B) It always wipes me out (especially Meso 2), and that would not be good if I needed to be effective at anything in life. :p But given COVID isolation and no employment, I am pretty much good if I end up being in an STS-induced fog for six months this year. ;):D

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,508 Member
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Tuesday were Gina B. Low impact cardio and STS Disc 37/Squat Rack Legs.
    I am feeling tired this week and I have a plantar fasciitis flare up going on my right foot. Taking a break from spinning.

Laurie, great workout!
    The sun eventually came out this afternoon. Yaay! The opposite of El Nino is La Nina which definitely explains the colder weather we are having here. Are you having colder than normal temperatures too?
    https://oceanservice.noaa.gov/facts/ninonina.html

Good for you for test riding your boots under the right conditions! I'm glad you're loving them!

Laurel, great workout! LOL about reading during the breaks!
    I'm definitely feeling tired from the STS workouts.
    I agree that keeping the cardio short is key to surviving an STS rotation!
    Barre will be at 4:30 next Wednesday. Erin is also having the Breaking Down The Barre workshop either 1/26 or 1/29. I definitely want to do that.

I made my first pizza in years tonight. I found an awesome crust near the deli section at our supermarket. The brand is Stonefire. It's a thin crust. I added lightly sauteed green peppers and onions and grilled chicken breast. It was a big hit!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,414 Member
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was P30 Perfect Pump: Lower Body + Lower Body Bonus. Had a dentist appointment yesterday, that went way better than I thought it would. The chip in my tooth was just a piece of my filling, so no cavity. She did take the old silver filling out.

Laurel, I love that you read during the breaks. :D What a great idea, and good job on the workouts! I hope that your energy level stays high for the rest of the week. I a a few years to enjoy having my days open for doing a good hard workout. Right now my weekends tend to be so busy since I have so many things to get done that I tend to put the workouts on the back burner. LOL about the STS induced fog. :D I still have to try out the Chalean Extreme rotation. I will probably try that one out after Easter. Just to busy with all that.

Thelma, Great job on the workouts, but dang on the PF flaring up. We actually are having warmer temps than what we are used to in January. Of course we are suppose to get some nasty weather on Friday, so it will probably change.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was STS Disc 27/Shoulders, Biceps and Triceps followed by Cathe Live Cardio Core Blast. Everything felt good today, probably because it is sunny and a little warmer.

Thelma, great workout. I am sorry about the PF flare-up, though. It never ceases to amaze me (not in a good way) how painful and debilitating PF is. Hopefully a break from spin will help. I really have to watch my foot placement spinning because I have a tendency to tilt my toes when seated, and I don’t think that is good for my PF at all. Just a recommendation, but if you are still feeling tired on Friday, skip or shorten the Perfect 30 Pump workout I recommended. I add those total body workouts in during STS weeks only because I like hitting my muscles twice but, honestly, they are completely unnecessary and probably bordering on counter-productive. So if you don’t feel up to it....listen to your body and not my silly mind that can’t quite convince itself that enough is enough. :# I got the email about the Breaking Down the Barre class last night, and I am looking forward to that!

Laurie, great workout. I am so glad your dentist appointment went better than you expected. That always makes for a good day. I think it is fantastic you fill your weekends with things you enjoy doing and don’t stress about getting a workout in. As spring comes and, hopefully, a return to the golf course (it has been over a year since DH and I played golf), I hope the feeling of having an outside, active hobby will convince me to back-off a little bit on the weekends. I would really like to get down to doing only yoga on Saturday, and only one workout on Sunday. But, right now, with being somewhat housebound, my body (or mind) craves more than that, even with the walks with DH. If I worked still.....this would not even begin to be an issue because when worked, I very rarely worked out on the weekends at all.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Wed were Gina B Hiit and STS Disc 27/Shoulders, Biceps and Triceps. I'm exhausted! My foot felt a little better so I'll keep nursing it.

Laurie, great workout! I hope you're enjoying your rotation. What a relief about your tooth! I hope your weather won't be too bad on Friday.

Laurel, Great workout combo! That STS workout was soooo long!

My PF is not really painful thankfully. I feel tightness and it's not a good feeling. I have to figure out what I'm doing wrong with he bike. I've been using my Keen shoes which are stiff and that made things better.
    I am not sure I'll have energy for the Perfect 30 workout on Friday. I am looking forward to having an easy day on Thursday.
    I am also excited about the Barre workshop.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma

• lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

We are suppose to have wintery weather mix today, and you know that it is coming with the vividly pink sky this morning was breathtaking. Anyway my workout was RWH Low Impact HiiT #2.

Laurel, Love the workouts! Glad that you are having warmer weather. I'm sure that you both are wanting to get back on the golf course. I would like to do that same thing, with yoga on Saturday. I'm not so concerned about the Sunday workout. The biggest problem on Saturday's is getting up and wanting that cup of coffee, then my mind starts listing out all the things that I want to get done for that day.

Thelma, Great job on the workouts! Love that you are seeing improvement with your PF. I'm actually enjoying this rotation, but I think that is because I'm opting for different workouts than just the LITE and P30. I have not done the RWH HiiT workout in quite a while, so it was fun to revisit it. I will probably keep to the strength workouts, but do other HiiT. Pulling out the HiiT Pyramid workout for next week in place of the P30 High Impact one.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a 60 minute climb ride and 30 minutes of Pilates with Peloton. I am definitely feeling the STS workouts today, but both workouts felt surprisingly good.

Thelma, great workout! I know exactly what you are saying about that STS workout feeling so long, though. I am not quite sure whether I am going to do the full Perfect 30 workout I had planned for tomorrow either. It will depend on how I feel in the morning I suppose. But I may just do the upper body work, especially since the Climb spin I did today really taxed my legs. We will see. But I remember when I came up with this phase of the rotation, I intentionally was ambitious with it (to push myself in a month when I have a tendency to want to sit and read a book all the time), so I don’t mind scaling back to something more reasonable. At least we’re doing something!!! I am glad your foot feels better. Mine got so bad this fall that it took almost two months to feel improvement. And, boy, have I gone through quite the rotation of shoes to figure out what works for me. I think part of mine stemmed from our outdoor walks, and I just needed to find the right shoes for the terrain.

Laurie, great workout. I love those pink morning skies! Hopefully the weather you get later isn’t too bad, though. I am glad you are enjoying the rotation. I don’t do the RWH workouts much anymore either, so I should probably make a mental note to add them to my rotations more. There are a couple of them (Plyo HiiT Two and Lower Body Circuit) that I don’t care for too much because of the speed used for the step moves. But all of the other workouts are really good! And I like both core segments, which is always a good thing.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Wed were Zumba and Perfect 30 Mobility Yoga. I saved the rest of my energy for bathroom cleaning and steam mopping the hardwood floors.

Laurie, great workout! I love those pink skies! We have them often here.

I'm so glad you're enjoying your rotation and that you're modifying it as you see fit. I like that RWH Hiit workout too.

Laurel, great workouts!
    I don't think I'll be doing the P30 workout tomorrow. I'm sure you'll be doing the P30 tomorrow! I know you! LOL

I need to keep researching the cycling shoes. I dropped the ball on that. My foot felt better today but the heel is very stiff in the morning. I have to stretch before I get out of bed.

I agree with you that walking with the wrong could've caused your PF. When I used to go walking I had to make sure I stretched my calves before I got going of my PF would flareup.

Have a great weekend ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning my workout was LITE Body Weight & Bands. So ready for the weekend. :)

Laurel, Glad that you enjoyed your workouts after all the STS work that you did. I'm sure it felt good to not be lifting weights. I'm glad that I'm not the only one that isn't fond of those two workouts from RWH. I have to admit that I don't enjoy the dixie cups in any of her workouts either. I know that they are great for the legs, but my knee doesn't like it so I don't usually go down that deep. I'm still contemplating that January rotation with P30 and RWH. I like the way this rotation has gone, and RWH would just take it up a notch. Our weather wasn't that bad, and it helped a lot that we didn't get those drastically cold temps. No ice to deal with this morning.

Thelma, Nice workouts! LOL about the energy for cleaning the floors and bathroom. ;) I think those household duties are some of the more exercise based things to do in your house. We don't get to see those lovely skies all that much, and like I told Laurel, we didn't have to bad of conditions yesterday. So far this winter hasn't been to bad, and right now I'm knocking on a chunk of wood. :D Don't want our nice winter to become really cold.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! If you had asked me last night if I was going to be lifting weights today, I would have answered with a resounding ‘no!’ I was tired and sore. But this morning....a completely different story. So, as Thelma predicted, I did the Perfect 30 Lower/Upper premix with both bonuses. My lower body felt really strong, but I did feel the fatigue more in my upper body, especially my triceps. But it wasn’t a bad fatigue at all, which surprises and pleases me after this week’s workouts. For cardio, I did Cathe’s live class from last week which was Boxing HiiT Express, which is 32 minutes of moderately intense boxing drills interspersed with some HiiT drills. It was perfect for today.

Thelma, great workouts. I have taken to doing the housework on Saturdays after yoga....when I usually have more energy. I find it difficult to clean when DH is working at home because he keeps asking me what I am doing so I know I am being distracting. :D But my back is happier when I don’t combine things like cleaning the shower with a tough workout, that’s for sure. And, yes, you were right about me today doing Perfect 30. But I learned a lesson this week and that is to build a lot of flexibility into our STS rotation, allowing our bodies to tell us what more (if anything) we want to add to the STS workouts.

Laurie, great workout. I used Cathe’s new tubing today (just the green one) for the Perfect 30 Upper Body workout, and it was fine on some moves but not on others. How she could fold it in half and do posture pulls that way is beyond me! My shoulders would have popped out of their sockets. :o Instead of reaching for her lighter tubing, I grabbed my older tubing for that move so I don’t know if I even could have done it with her lighter tubing. But it is good tubing that was perfect for me for biceps and triceps kickbacks. So if you need more tubing, I do recommend it....with some modifications. Confession time....I have never once used paper cups in any of the Cathe workouts she uses them in. B) I do try to touch the floor with my fingertips but I don’t think that is quite as intense as picking something up off the floor. So....I am with you on the paper cup move! I am glad your weather didn’t get too bad.

Enjoy the weekend.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a nice weekend. Ours as always was nice and quiet. We did get a little snow dusting on Saturday morning.

My workouts on Friday were Zumba and yoga. Sunday's workouts: A Peloton ride and an ICE Chiseled Lower Body Blast timesaver premix.

Laurie, great workout! I haven't done that workout in ages but should squeeze it one of these days. I'm glad you've had a mild winter!

House cleaning is exhausting! LOL

Laurel, I knew you would do the Perfect 30 workout! I knew you would do even if you were tired! LOL. Great job!

I clean different sections of the house on different days or I would die. Sometimes I do a little cleaning on Saturday too but I prefer to do the bulk of my cleaning during the week.
    Our shower is this deep, rectangular room with wall to wall tiles. The floor has those tiny tiles and I like to scrub everything to death. I think standing in one place for so long is what makes that job harder on the back.
    Thankfully DH doesn't get distracted when I'm cleaning. I have a wireless vacuum that I use practically every day. I always ask him if he's OK with me running the vacuum and it doesn't face him.

On using those little paper cups for Cathe's workouts. I've never used them either. Who uses those things anymore? I have used my two lb dumbbells instead or simply touch the floor with my fingertips.

Have a wonderful week ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

No workouts over the weekend, but I did a lot of walking so I guess that counts. This morning was LITE PHA 2.

Laurel, Awesome job on your workouts, love the sound of that HiiT one too. Interesting about the tubing, I would imagine that it will get more elastic as you use it. I probably would have to do the same thing with using my older tubing. :D Triceps seem to always get killed with tubing. Now I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one that doesn't use the cups.

Thelma, Glad your weekend was a good one. We also have been having snow dustings every day, even this morning it was snowing lightly. I don't mind, except when I get behind a super slow driver. It isn't even slippery out, but this person was going 10 under the speed limit. :/ Great job on the workouts! I'm like you with the house cleaning, I have to take it in sections. I learned to do that a long time ago, and it makes cleaning the house so much better. I do it that way so that I'm not doing housework on weekends. I do have to go through my closet and purge though.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Hope you had a good weekend. Ours was our usual quiet but good weekend. On Saturday I did what Laurie shays she needs to do....purged closets. It took me forever, but I feel good for having done it. Without are bi-annual moving, which makes me clear everything out, I need to be on top of this more and more. And DH and I, both, have way too much stuff. I still had practically an entire wardrobe for Florida and also Alaska....neither of which is needed in Alabama. So....lots to take to Goodwill. Hopefully I feel energized to do some purging of things almost every weekend this winter.

For workouts, on Saturday I did Barefoot Cardio Core from Jessica Smith’s Walk Strong 3, followed by 45 minutes of yoga with Kristin McGee. Yesterday was Cathe’s live class from last week which was Legs, Cardio and Core Galore. This was a fun workout and very different than anything Cathe has ever really done. The best way I can describe it is all of the exercises in it, in one way or another, worked the lower body, core and heart simultaneously. Some moves were more cardio focused, some more core, some legs....but they all got worked. I really enjoyed it. For cardio, I did a 45 minute spin with Peloton. Today was XTrain Disc 1/Chest, Back and Shoulders followed by Party Rockin’ Step 2.

Thelma, great workouts. How was your foot with the spin? I hope it feels better. We had some light snow on Saturday as well, and it was pretty cold all day. The sunshine the last two days has been nice, even with the lower temps still. But the wind persists, which is a little unusual here. Sometimes I break up the housework, but I am inclined to do it all at once most times. I like the feeling of having a completely clean house....and I like the idea that I don’t have to clean it much again for several days. :) But this house challenges me because of its size so I tend to clean it all at once for a couple of weeks, then break it in to sections for a week for deeper cleaning, then clean it all at once.....It helps we don’t have pets and it is just the two of us, that’s for sure. If we had a pet, I know I would vacuum daily.

Laurie, great workout this morning. I love those PHA workouts. I used the new tubing again in this morning’s workout and realized why I like it better than my old tubing.....the handles feel better in my hands. I have been using tubing that we got when DH bought the Tapout XT program, and it just isn’t the same quality as this newer tubing from Cathe, that’s for sure. I never noticed how much it bothered my hands until I used this tubing! Crazy what we get used to sometimes.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Monday were Gina B HIIT for Weight Loss, Cathe's XTRAIN Chest, Back & Shoulders and Ashtanga Yoga.

Laurie, walking IS a workout! Love the PHA 2 workout! Good job!

I hated getting stuck behind those slow drives when I live in MA too! They do it when it rains too!
    This house is too big to not do it in sections. I've tried doing the entire house in one day but that was brutal.
    I need to do a closet purge and I've actually have started to feel the need to do it! I better take advantage of that feeling!

Laurel, great workouts! I need to do a closet purge too. When I moved here a lady told me all I needed were jeans and t-shirts and she was right! I still have all my work dresses, skirts, tops. I need to get rid of that stuff. I've worn a couple of dresses and skirts last year. Now I simply live in leggings, sweatpants and t-shirts.

My foot did fine with the spin Laurel but ONLY because I stretched a lot, massaged my calves, Achilles tendon and the sole of my foot around the heel area. Clearly that is what I need to do.
    We had a beautiful day here today. It was sunny and temps were in the 40's. It is always windy around here it seems.
    I have to breakup the housework because this house is too big. I love to see the house clean too. It's just the two of us but we do have 3 cats so the vacuuming is constant. I have a steam mop which I love.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning my workout was P30 Low Impact HiiT, still loving this one.

After work yesterday I did need some retail therapy. :D Actually, I needed to get some jackets for the office, it gets a little chilly once in a while. I went to Goodwill and gave myself 30 min. I found this really cute black velvet jacket. It has two flowers by the lapel, and it was from Tommy Hilfiger. I would swear that it wasn't worn at all. I just looked at Poshmark, and someone is selling this jacket for $25. SCORE!!! So now I really do need to purge my closet and get rid of the older jackets that I don't wear anymore.

Laurel, I love when the minds sink up like that. I did a little purging this morning while I was looking for something to wear. One thing I tried on and just said, not my style anymore so it went on my pile of things to get rid of. I think that DH and I will spend a little time getting rid of some things over the winter also. Lost of great workouts, love that Jessica one a lot. Thanks for letting me know about the tubing, I have yet to order some but it is on my list of things to get. I have the tubing from Beachbody, I think it was Turbo Kick workout system.

Thelma, Great job on the workouts! I think that is why I started doing my cleaning in sections, our house is a bit large also. The kids didn't help all that much either, I just wanted to have more free time on my weekends too. Guess we all have the urge to purge our closets. I'm looking forward to it, just to make some room. I noticed during Christmas that there are things that I just don't want to wear anymore. Color/style just not me.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Butts and Guts followed by a tough but fun 30 minute HiiT and Hills ride with Peloton. It is gloomy again today, so I had to talk myself into the workout, but it all felt good today.

Thelma, great workouts. I am glad your foot was okay with the spin and lots of TLC. I stretch, massage and ice my foot everyday now, and it seems to work. I was a bit concerned after that step workout yesterday, but it seems fine today. Like you, I live in my workout clothes anymore. It just seemed silly to hold on to some of my dressier clothes. I don’t think I have every worn a dress here, but I held on to some for when/if we ever take another vacation like the one we took to Hawaii where I wore dresses to dinner almost every night. :) And even though there are some nicer restaurants here, this just isn’t really a ‘dress’ place. I am signed up for the class tomorrow. I was thinking about that today when I was doing Butts and Guts. I may regret today’s workout choice tomorrow. :o

Laurie, great workout. I still think that is Cathe’s best low impact HiiT workout...and not just on DVD. It is better than her Live ones too. So good. Yay for the new jacket! Sounds like a good find. I am so with you on pulling things out of my closet and going ‘nope, this just isn’t me at all’. That was a big part of my ‘purge’ on Saturday. Honestly, outside of my workout clothes where I love variety, I probably could get by with about five pairs of pants/shorts/and maybe a dozen shirts for a variety of weather. But, boy, looking at my closet you would never guess that. :# But we have all mentioned the size of our houses, and I know DH and I have been living in homes since he left the military that will accommodate all our stuff, and I really want the next house to be more right-sized to what we need than what we have. That may be years down the road.....but I want to be prepared for it when it happens. :)

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Tuesday were a Peloton ride and XT Legs.

I forgot to tell you ladies that Monday was the second anniversary of my last work day! Can you believe it?

Laurie, great workout! That is a really good one.
    I love that you found yourself a good bargain! Thrift stores are a big thing here. I had never been to one till I moved here. My aunt loved shopping there and I found a LLBean Denim shirt which didn't look like it was used at all.
    I was telling DH we'll donate our clothes to a thrift store.

This is the first time that I feel the urgency to get rid of clothes I no longer wear. I think I'm feeling exactly what you're saying. Things are no longer my style. The people I know dress pretty casual and Blue Ridge is casual too. At the rate I go out these days I only need two pairs of jeans and some tops! LOL

Laurel, great workouts! It was a little gloomy here too. I also had to talk myself into working out and I'm glad I did.

I am happy that my foot is OK after the bike ride. I should know better about massaging and stretching!
    I'm so glad your foot is doing well after the step workout! I'll have to try that soon because that is another thing that bothers my foot.

We're not into fancy restaurants so I have no idea how dressed up people here get when they go to those restaurants. I am going to keep a couple of dresses just in case.

I am also signed up for the Barre class and because of that I skipped the Barre part of the XT Legs workout! LOL

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    edited January 2021
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was LITE Rev'd Up Rumble. :) Very cold this morning, just don't enjoy anything with single digits to it.

Laurel, Great job on those workouts! We have cold but sunny this morning, so I guess that I can deal with the weather with sun shining. ;) I think that HiiT workout is good because it feels like HiiT. The other ones just feel like a cardio workout and don't seem to get that hr up and down. Plus it has a lot of great moves. I got home from work yesterday and just started to take a pile of clothing out. DH came upstairs because I didn't come back down, he was surprised that I was purging. I want to do a little every night. We are in that same situation with downsizing when we finally decide to sell our house. We actually are getting the ball rolling on doing updates to our kitchen. The 90's era just will not sell all that well, so we got a quote for quartz countertops. DH is going to go to another place that has better prices. We made the mistake of not doing an update on our last home until we where selling. We didn't get to enjoy the new sanded floors, so this time we need to do them before we decide to sell. We are planning on gutting our bathroom, and just doing some updates in the other bathrooms.

Thelma, Awesome job on those workouts! Has it really been two years since you retired. Boy the time just flew by. I love shopping at thrift stores. Of course I'm really particular with the items I select, and like that jacket it feels like you hit the jackpot. One of the things I'm on the hunt for is a nice denim jacket. The one I currently have just isn't that great. I love having those types of things to put on when we go out or at work, just in case I get cold. I can't wait to be in a position to take all the "work" clothing out of my wardrobe. ;)

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was XTrain Disk 2/Biceps and Triceps followed by Cathe Live Love Me Some Cardio Kickboxing. That latter workout, which is from late 2019 when she had a class, is becoming my favorite ever kickboxing workout from Cathe. It is long at 57 minutes, but the energy in it is just so good. If it were 10 minutes shorter, I would probably do it more than I do...and I do it a lot. :)

Thelma, great workouts! I was thinking just the other day how you are coming up to your anniversary of moving to Georgia! It is amazing how time flies, isn’t it? In a month we will officially have lived in this house longer than we did our house in Florida...and that will mean we will have lived here longer than any house we have lived in since 2000! I have a really hard time wrapping my mind around that one, to be honest. See you later this afternoon.

Laurie, great workout. Must be a kickboxing kind of day. But those temperatures are cold. I don’t miss single digits or, worse yet, those negative temps. I completely agree about the Perfect 30 Low Impact HiiT....it feels like HiiT. And that comes from the moves and not equipment used to make the moves more intense. There is absolutely no dread factor on that workout at all, which I love. That is such a good idea to work on your house with enough time to enjoy the upgrades before selling. DH and I are all over the place when it comes to how long we think we might be in Alabama. So much of it suits us....the weather, the hilly terrain, etc. So on good days, we think we will be here forever. But, deep inside, I think we both have a restlessness in us for something.....else. We just don’t know what that is. :D But if/when we figure it out, I want to be prepared for it and have us in a position where we can move.

Enjoy the day.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Wednesday were Gina B 2000 Steps, XTRAIN Bi's and Tri's and Pure Barre.

Laurie, great job with that Rev'd Up Rumble workout! Such a fun workout!

Laurie, great idea to start getting the ball rolling for the day you decide to downsize. That's what DH did before we decided to buy our current home. He's very good about making sure the house maintenance issues are taken care of inside and out. I bet those quartz countertops are going to look beautiful.

It has been two years since I retired. Time really flew by. I am a believer now in those thrift shops. I've not been back since my aunt was here in November 2019 because I really don't need anything. I didn't do any purging today but I did take a look and I have some candidates.

Laurel, fantastic workouts!
    OMG, I don't even know how I survived the brutal Barre class after my other workouts. The Barre class was a killer! My inner thighs are feeling it. I love that she always does something different. I felt like we got a private session because it was just the two of us taking the class.

March 24th will be my second anniversary of moving to Georgia! Incredible! It really is amazing how time flies!
    Has it been 2 1/2 years for you or is it almost 3 years?
    I can't believe that you two are thinking of another possible move! You are brave! BR is it for us. This feels so right for us now.

BTW, I checked the class schedule and Gwendolyn hasn't added the Breaking the Barre workshop yet.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma