Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,773 Member
    Hi Ladies! I hope you enjoyed the weekend. We had another pretty quiet weekend with chores, errands and long walks. It was chilly both days for the walks, but by the end of our walk yesterday, we were finally able to take off the gloves and hats. This week is supposed to be much warmer, thankfully.

For workouts, on Saturday I did Jessica Smith Build Balance and Inner Stremgth Poise and Grace followed by 45 minutes of yoga. Yesterday was an insane 60 minute spin followed by Cathe Live All Core Down on the Floor. The spin was insane because it was 60 solid minutes of intervals. When the instructor said that is what it was going to be during the introduction, I should have jumped off the bike and ran away. But….I did it. And I won’t do it again. Maybe. :D Anyhow, today was LITE Pyramid Pump Lower Body, the cardio from XTrain Hard Strikes and XTend Barre Signature 5.

So I have been thinking about ‘what’s next?’ since we just passed the half way mark on this rotation. I looked at the ‘Look Great In 8’ rotation and this is the format for that:

Week 1-Circuits
    Week 2-Heavy
    Week 3-High Reps
    Week 4-Supersets
    Repeat Weeks 1-4

I am good with expanding our current rotation of alternating upper/lower weeks with split sets, and I am good with moving on to LGI8, maybe with some modifications (for instance, instead of Supersets, I would broaden that week to just ‘sets’ to include Trisets or Giant Sets workouts). I am also good with taking the format of LGI8 (changing lifting styles each week for four weeks repeated once ) but modifying the focus of the weeks (for instance, instead of high reps, doing one body part). I am also good with doing the LGI8 rotation, but instead of repeating the weeks, doing 8 weeks each with a separate style of lifting. Please let me know what appeals to you (if anything :) ). What I am loving with this current rotation is the flexibility it allows, and that is something I want to keep no matter what rotation comes next.

Thelma, great workouts. I am so glad you enjoyed the 4DS workouts last week. I did too! Oh my on your poor Roosty II and his escape into the wild. I don’t blame you one minute for sitting down and crying after that. I hope he settles down soon. Poor thing must be a little scared right now. I am glad he didn’t suffer any serious injuries. I hope you can find a coop design you like.

Laurie, I am glad you were able to relax this weekend. I am also glad you enjoyed the Pyramid Pump workout. I have been thinking the same thing about needing to get rid of some workouts. Why I am holding on to Insanity and Asylum anymore….I don’t know. I know I will never do either again as well. Your DH must be a little frustrated right now with his mom….between her not being very nice to him to not quite understanding the value of his time. I am glad he says he doesn’t take the meanness too seriously, but it still has to leave a mark. Just….not a great situation at times with aging parents.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,508 Member
    Hi Ladies! My workouts on Monday were Gina B Power, Walk 80s Style, LITE Pyramid Pump Lower Body and Xtend Barre Core.

We had another warm and sunny day. Roosty is doing better with us. He is more trusting and doesn't freak out when we stick our arms in the kennel. He is crowing already. I woke up to the sound of his crowing.

Laurie, great workout! I'm glad you got to sleep late and had such a productive weekend! I am glad your DH doesn't think his mother's words bother him

Roosty's scratches are healing nicely. Funny about Rocket getting his spot back. Chico does that with his bed too! Too funny!

Laurel, I'm glad you had a good weekend. We are also on that warming trend during the day. Perfect!
    Fantastic workouts! WOW! Good job with that crazy Peloton ride!
    I can't believe this is the last month of this rotation. I feel like we should repeat/expand it before moving on to LGI8. This is one of my favorite rotations! I am loving the flexibility and alternating between lower of upper body.
    Thank you for thinking ahead about "what's next?" I really like what you're thinking of!
    I like the idea of the different styles of lifting theme. You're making it really difficult to decide!
    I wonder if we should do something like this or is this too crazy?
    Week 1-Supersets
    Week 2-Circuits
    Week 3-Trisets
    Week 4-Heavy
    Week 5-High Reps
    Week 6-Giant Sets
    Repeat Weeks 1-6 - Call the rotation LGI12 LOL

Would these weeks also alternate between upper and lower body? I'm good with whatever you come up with because you're so good at this! Thank you!

Roosty is doing MUCH better. The beauty of the quarantine is that we can spend quality time with him petting him and handling him. The crazy part about the woods is that I had NEVER been up there because there is poison ivy and probably ticks. I just kept reminding myself that it was winter, and we'd just gone through a very cold period.

See you tomorrow ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,414 Member
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was LiTe Pyramid Lower Body. Again I so enjoy those pyramid type workouts.

Laurel, Awesome job with those workouts. I did have to LOL about the cycle workout. I probably would have jumped off the cycle. :D Got to love those weekends that just let you relax for a little while. We have warmed up above freezing this morning, and it was very very strange. I think that just assigning a certain type of lifting for the week should be good. I'm planning on doing some Kelly with that rotation. The new workouts that she put out would be great for the LGI8 or 12 style. It has heavy lifting and cardio.

Thelma, Great job on your workouts! So glad to hear that Roosty is adapting to his new surroundings, and of course not getting freaked out with the two of you. Glad to hear that he is also healing from his experience. Yep no need to worry about those ticks and poison ivy. They are not around right now, but I'm sure that will soon change once it starts to warm up.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was LITE Pyramid Pump Upper Body, a 30 minute spin (not insane :) ) and an Open Fit Cardio and Toning Pilates course. Loved everything today.

Thelma, great workouts. I am so glad Roosty II is calming down. I bet you love hearing his crowing. Thanks for the feedback on the upcoming rotation. Like you, I am enjoying this one immensely. I think my only concern with having three weeks of ‘sets’ would be the availability of workouts themselves. I would probably recommend two weeks of sets. If we are looking at alternating not only workout styles but body part focus (upper/lower, split sets, etc), I think we could come up with something like this:

Sets—Lower/Upper
    Circuit—Total Body
    High Reps—Split Sets
    Sets—Lower/Upper
    Circuit—Total Body
    Heavy—Split Sets

Then, for example, we could focus it even more by saying the first set of sets would be heavier weights (maybe LIS Trisets as an example) than the second set of sets workouts (example would be LITE Stacked Sets). And maybe one week of circuit workouts would be more cardio/metabolic (example would be XTrain Super Cuts or Bootcamp workouts) and the other more strength focused (like PHA). The split sets already follow that pattern with high reps (ex XTrain discs 1-2) and Heavy (ex….Gym Style). I am just tossing out examples to kind of illustrate my thinking, not actual programs I might do or recommend doing. One thing is I want to keep the workout lengths still manageable because I think that is one of the joys of this rotation. Let me know what you think please.

Laurie, great workout! I am sure feeling that workout today in my lower body. These LITE workouts are just so good. Anyhow, one thing I want to make sure of in this next rotation is we all feel comfortable reaching for something not-Cathe. So I want to make it as generic as possible but still with some format and focus. So please let me know what you think. I bet those warmer temperatures feel strange. DH and I just returned from a walk and I could have ditched the very light jacket I was wearing half way through. :o It felt good!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Tuesday were Gina B Hiit Walk, Pickleball and Xtend Barre Signature Workout.

Our Roosty continues to get used to us. DH was cleaning his kennel today and Roosty never tried to escape!

Great workout Laurie. I also like the pyramid workouts.
    We are happy with Roosty's progress. I had him eating from the palm of my hand today which is a sign of trust. I'm sure the ticks and poison ivy will be waking up soon!

Laurel, geat workouts! I've been meaning to try one of those Open Fit Cardio and Toning Pilates courses. I'm glad you enjoyed it.
    We are very happy with Roosty's progress. We smile every time he starts crowing. He's small so isn't as loud as a standard size chicken.
    I think your rotation recommendation is perfect! I love, love these manageable lengths. I think that is why I'm enjoying the current rotation so much!

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was 30MTF Build & Burn Cardio Core. This is one of my favorite workouts, so I'm always trying to incorporate it into my rotation.

Laurel, Love the workouts! Nice that you where able to have such great temps. Ours only lasted yesterday, and it is now back down into the teens. We are not getting the snow, it skipped us again. :) For sure the ground hog isn't seeing his shadow around here today. Like the concept of the rotation that you have stated. One of the things that I have enjoyed about the current rotation, I'm able to find a premix that will work for me.

Thelma, Great job on those workouts! Awesome news on Roosty, he is adapting every day to his new home. Looks like we are all in agreement about the workout length for this rotation. With it being generic, we can also do whatever workout series fits what we want to do. I know that I need to give Jessica Smith some love soon also. I just like her workouts.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was ICE Rock’m Sock’m, ICY Core 1 and 20 minutes of power yoga. It has been far too long since I did that kickboxing workout. I enjoyed it a lot today.

Yay for all being in agreement for our next rotation!! I will start coming up with some program/premix recommendations, but as Laurie stated, I want us all to feel free to choose the right workouts for any given day or week. I am really looking forward to it because I think it will feel like an extension of what we are already doing.

Thelma, great workouts. I have been doing some of the Open Fit new release workouts with Trainer Kristin. She does Pilates and yoga workouts and, since she just started at Open Fit, doesn’t have too many workouts. But I really enjoy her workouts. They aren’t nearly as tough as Andrea’s and, some days, I don’t want as tough as Andrea. :) I would put her difficulty level as somewhere between Jessica Smith and Andrea. I recommend them if you are looking for something just a little different. I am so happy that Roosty is settling in. You already have him eating out of your hand….literally. :D I am glad you like the sound of the new rotation. Thanks for all your feedback.

Laurie, great workout. Got to love a good cardio core workout for sure. I am sorry you are cold again, but I am glad the snow missed you. We are supposed to get upwards of five inches of rain between tonight and Friday morning. :o But I will take the rain over the snow any day. Thank you also for your feedback on the new rotation. The workouts from Jessica I want to revisit sometime are her upper and lower body workouts from Walk Strong 3. I remember that lower body workout being truly exceptional. But, sadly, it has been years since I have done it.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Wednesday were Pyramid Upper Body Only, Cardio, Gentle Flow Yoga.

We are under flood watch. It's been raining pretty hard here tonight.

Laurie, great workout!! Sounds like a fun one! I am so glad we're all enjoying this rotation. Jessica Smith does have great workouts too.

Laurel, great workouts! I love Rock'm Sock'm!

Thanks so much for working on our next rotation! I'm going to have to try some of Kristin's OpenFit workouts soon. She sounds perfect for those days when we need something a little easier than Andrea's workouts! We are really happy with Roosty's progress. I put some chicken treats on DH's hand and Roosty started eating off his hand right away. The chickens love their treats.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was LiTe Pyramid Upper. Felt great again, and this time I went up on some of the weights that I felt I could after doing this one on Monday.

Laurel, Very fun kickboxing workout. I can say that I have not done that one in a long time also. You are making me want to pull that one out. I'm planning on getting a cardio workout in on Saturday, because my week has been mostly weight work. I will probably try the premix on that DVD. Thanks for all the work that you put into thinking up the format for these rotations. Hope that you only had rain, and not the snow. We just have cold, and I'm okay with that.

Thelma, Great job with your workouts! Dang on the rain! I'm sure that your home will be okay, but the lower areas may be affected. I still have to check out the new workouts that Jessica uploaded to her youtube channel. I noticed them, but have not watched.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Pyramid Pump Lower Body, 40 minutes of spinning, a total body stretch and Peloton Pilates. I had to drag myself to my workout room, but it ended up being a good workout. The gloomy weather, though, made me want to do nothing more this morning than curl up with a book and cup of coffee! We definitely aren’t getting the rain they originally projected, but we may still see some strong storms this afternoon. If it is going to be gloomy, I would prefer it to rain. :)

Thelma, great workouts. Open Fit is putting out more and more workouts every day it seems. I am glad they have expanded beyond set programs and live workouts into more new On Demand workouts. I just saw another one Kristin has done which is Cardio Yoga. I may have to try that tomorrow. I am glad Roosty is doing so well. Take care in that rain, though. Sounds like you are getting what they projected for us.

Laurie, great workout. I am still feeling my upper body from Tuesday’s run through with that workout. I am looking forward to doing it again tomorrow. I will encourage you all day long to revisit Rock’m Sock’m. :) It is still my favorite Cathe Kickboxing workout on DVD. Our temperatures are supposed to drop tonight by about 30 degrees, but I think the moisture will be past us by then so no snow for us.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Thursday were Gina B 3000 Steps, Gentle Flow Yoga and Pyramid Lower Body Only.
    The rain hasn't stopped for about 1 hour and tonight more torrential rain. Hopefully the storm will be out of here by late tomorrow morning.

Laurie, great workout! Good job on going up on the weights too!
    Now that I have chickens outside, I worry about them during very cold and rainy periods. Thankfully it's winter so the entire open area of the coop is covered in plastic and clear roofing panels. The base of the coop is filled with sand after so much rain it does get a little wet but it's working out very nicely. I've been out in the rain scooping chicken poop. Normally I wouldn't get out of the house in this rain, but I'll do anything for my chickens. LOL

I haven't seen Jessica's new workouts. I have discovered new low impact Gina B workouts that I am enjoying right now.

Laurel, fantastic workouts and good for you for dragging your body to your workout room! I've felt the same way. It is dark and rainy! We definitely got hit hard!
    I am really glad OpenFit continues to expand their workout offerings too.

Have a wonderful weekend ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning I did Kelly's RAW Hips & Glutes. I decided to change the lower body pyramid workout to this one. I liked that it was all standing work, and I didn't need to go on the floor to do glutes. I did use my ankle weights to give more resistance.

DH received a notification that my MIL activated her med alert at 12:30 this morning. She indicated to the company that she needed the police, because her neighbor was trying to kill her. DH just let this proceed, because we need to have these situations documented so DH can activate her POA. :'( He has a call into the police this morning to find out what happened.

Laurel, Great job on your workouts despite the workout mood that you where in. Those rainy days can sure make a body want to do what you did. Right now we actually have some sunshine. They predict that we will be getting some light snow later today. I'm hoping that will happen, since we are headed into the weekend. I'm gearing myself up to take that Rock'm Sock'm Saturday challenge. ;)

Thelma, Nice workouts! Hope that rain moves through for you. Like I have said before you are a really great bird Mom. I don't know if I would be that dedicated. ;) I do not enjoy being out in the cold rain. Jessica's workouts will be there when you want a change of pace. I think that is why I like doing this type of rotation. I can put in the workouts that I know I will enjoy. Just makes the day better.

Have a great weekend!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was LITE Pyramid Pump Upper Body and Abs 1, Shock Cardio Double Wave Pyramid HiiT into Perfect 30 Bonus Pyramid HiiT and 10 minutes of hip focused yoga from Peloton. I hadn’t planned that cardio at all, but decided at the last minute to do the first HiiT workout, was enjoying it so much that I decided to add on the P30 bonus. :D Like Laurie said, what I am loving right now is being able to make changes like that in this rotation because it makes for a much more enjoyable workout. Good stuff.

Thelma, great workouts. I hope your rain has stopped. We had a couple of inches last night, but now the temperature has dropped below freezing and we have a thin layer of ice over everything. Not my favorite thing at all. I agree with Laurie about you being such a good Bird Mom. You have so much patience in taking care of them.

Laurie, great workout. I hope you enjoy the kickboxing tomorrow. I am so sorry to hear about that from your MIL, but as you say, it has to play through if you are going to be able to do anything to help her. This just must be breaking you and your DHs hearts. I just feel so sad for her being that scared all of the time. Just heartbreaking.

Enjoy the weekend.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a nice weekend. Ours was nice and busy with house and animal chores. Sunday turned out to be a glorious day. It warmed up into the high 40's but it felt much warmer than that because of the sun.
    The rain finally moved out of here on Friday morning, but the temperatures dropped rapidly during the day. Friday and Saturday were very cold.

My workouts on Friday were Gentle Flow Yoga, Peloton ride and Xtend Barre Pilates.
    On Sunday I did Fit Split Mixed Impact Cardio & Pull Day + Abs.

Laurie, great workout!
    How sad about your MIL calling the police about her neighbor trying to kill her. I agree that these things need be allowed to proceed so they can be documented. Hopefully this will help your DH so the POA can be activated without having to wait till she goes to the doctor.
    I never imagined I'd become such a dedicated chicken mom but look at me now! LOL
    This rotation is quite flexible, and I like the short workouts so that we can add other workouts too.

Laurel, fantastic workouts! We are all loving this rotation so much! I like it too because I don't feel like I need a recovery week.

Thank God the rain finally stopped! It got cold, but I didn't see any ice around here. I am really surprised at the amount of time I am spending taking care of the chickens. Hopefully someday we'll be able to build them a bigger area for them to safely move around, that way I won't feel that I need to be outside letting the chickens out for short periods of time during the day.

Have a wonderful week!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

What crazy weather we had this weekend. Saturday it was in the single digits, and Sunday was in the 30's. Of course this morning we are back to the cold temps. Had a very nice weekend, and I did get a lot of cleaning and sewing done.

DH has found out that the officer on my MIL case officially deals with elderly cases. She said that they have doctors on call that will go into her home and check her out. They then can determine if the POA can be activated. My MIL did have the police there again on Friday/Saturday.

I did get the Rock'm Sock'm Kicbox workout in. I decided to do the Premix #5, and it felt really good to box with Cathe. No workout on Sunday. This morning was Fit/Split Push Day, just the weight work.

Laurel, What a great combo of workouts! I like that you where so motivated to add in that extra HiiT. Of course the Double Wave is one of my favorites of her HiiT workouts. DH is having a very hard time with the changes that his Mom has gone through in such a short time.

Thelma, Great job with the workouts! It was, for us, so nice on Sunday that we finally where able to take down the Christmas deco on the outside of the house. Of course I was still having to wear my winter getup, but it was sunny and not windy. Don't need DH fall of the ladder. We didn't realize that they had a file on DH's Mom, until he called the police station. I'm guessing that she is quite popular with them.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! I hope you enjoyed the weekend. Ours was pretty quiet. We did our usual routine of chores, errands and walks. Saturday was still pretty chilly but yesterday, with the sunshine, it was wonderful. We even saw a daffodil on the walk…in full bloom. :o I came home to see if we had any signs of our tulips or daffodils and sure enough we have little green leaves beginning to pop up. Now I have spring fever. :D

For workouts, on Saturday I did a 30 minute cardio routine from Open Fit and 30 minutes of power yoga with Kristin McGee. Yesterday was a short Peloton ride (just to warm up) into F/S Shred Cardio and Push. That Shred Cardio workout still feels brutal to me, but the warm up helped. For today, I did F/S Mixed Impact Cardio and Pull followed by 10 minutes of core work from Peloton and a good total body stretch.

Thelma, great workouts. We shared your weather this weekend. This week looks like it will be sunny with normal temperatures. Finally…..a normal weather week this winter! :) I imagine the added responsibility of having chickens and a rooster have made this a difficult winter for you since it has been so unusual. Hopefully you can get them a bigger living area soon.

Laurie, great workouts. I am glad you enjoyed kickboxing with Cathe on Saturday. That kind of change in temperature always gives me a headache, but I am glad you were able to be outside long enough to get the decorations down. I am impressed the police have somebody who works elderly cases, but that they know your MIL is very sad. I hope they can help your DH find a way so he can help her. I have no doubt he is struggling with this. I can’t actually imagine what it is like to see somebody so familiar and loved turn into a stranger over night. I really hope you all can get her some care soon.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Monday were Fit Split Boxing Bootcamp / Legs & Glutes and Xtend Barre Core.

Laurie, I'm glad you had a nice and productive weekend! Hopefully your temps will warm up soon. Great workouts!
    OMG with your MIL having a little history of calling the police. I am glad your DH was able to talk with her. What does it take for them to call a doctor? It sounds like this officer is the person your husband needed to find to find out how to proceed with his mom's care.

I don't blame for waiting to remove the outdoor Christmas decorations! You definitely don't need your DH to fall off the ladder!

Laurel sounds like you had the same weather we had over the weekend! I can't believe you saw a daffodil! I did notice that some of the trees have little tiny buds already.
    Fantastic workouts!
    This week's weather will be great. I love having warmer days!
    Having the chickens have made the winter a little difficult.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

No workout for me this morning, we had another incident with my MIL. She was not taking her insulin because the doctor in her head told her not too, and early this morning was out on her balcony saying "Help Me". Someone called the police, but she wouldn't let them into her condo. The police called the fire department, because they are able to get into her condo with the key that we installed outside her condo. When they got to her she was on the floor, but combative. They sedated her and got her to the hospital. The ER doctor called DH and informed him that he should probably get there because his mom was having a heart attack. They only allowed one family member to be there. She is now in the ICU, in restraints (she was trying to rip the IV out of her arm). DH told me this morning that she does have brain shrinkage, has had multiple mini strokes, was dehydrated, had a UTI and her insulin was way out of sinc. She had taken her insulin in the morning, and only had toast and juice all day. So there is no way that she will be going home, because this confirms that she isn't able to take care of herself.

Of course I wasn't able to fall asleep when DH left, so this morning I feel like a zombie. I will try my best to get my workout in after work. I will see how I feel when I get home. My brain is still a little foggy.

Laurel, Of course your weekend sounds wonderful, and great news on the daffodil and sprouts. I think that our spring will not be around for a while yet. We are suppose to get temps in the 40's today. Great job on all your workouts. I always enjoy seeing Kristin's name in your workout list. DH did mention this morning that his mom was asking him what was going on, and then a few minutes later saying that he wasn't her son. I don't know what I would do if my parents got to this point. So far both of them still know who we all are.

Thelma, Love the workouts. Hopefully the Leg & Glute portion of the workout will be what I'm able to get to after work. Unfortunately my MIL did get to the point where she probably will not be allowed to go home. She will hate everyone for this, but she can't take care of herself.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a 45 minute HiiT and Hills ride followed by XTend Barre Pilates 3. Both workouts were tough today, but I think they both were supposed to be. :)

Thelma, great workouts. I am so enjoying the weather right now. I just got home from a long walk, and the air felt so fresh and clear. This is what I like about ‘winter’ in the south. B)

Laurie, I can’t imagine how horrible your morning was. I am amazed you even made it to work. I hope your MIL heals and then gets the help she needs. Her combativeness is going to be a challenge for everybody when it comes to her not being able to go home. That will be so unspeakably difficult. What you, your DH and family are going through right now is heartbreaking. Take care of you and your DH. The workouts will be there when you are up to them.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Tuesday were Yinyasa Yoga, Xtend, Peloton Ride and Barre Signature Workout.

Laurie, what a night you, your MIL and your DH had! I'm so sorry things got so bad with your MIL, but I am glad she is now getting the help and care she needs. It really doesn't sound like she will be able to live alone anymore. Have your DH and BIL found a facility for their mom yet?
    I am amazed you were able to go to work after the stressful night you had.

Laurel, great workouts!! The daytime weather has been beautiful. We had a little wind here and it felt cold until about 12:30PM!

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma