Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,412 Member
    Morning Ladies,

I didn't workout yesterday. Both of us where just lazy, and watched the show Castle on Hulu. We had watched this series before, but it was good, so decided to watch it again. My MIL is still having issues, and actually ripped out her IV yesterday. She is also not taking the blood thinner that they are wanting her to take. We will just take this one day at a time. My MIL is 95, so she has lived a good life if something happens.

This morning's workout was Fit/Split Legs & Glutes.

Laurel, Great job on your workouts! I'm glad to hear that despite both of them being tough, you enjoyed to experience. Thanks so much for the kind words. I know that DH is having a tougher time than I am. I'm just making sure that he is taking care of himself. Have to say that the workout this morning felt great. I love how they help with the stress level.

Thelma, Love the workouts! We have not found a facility for his Mom yet. DH can't even give them a decision on how they want to treat the heart flutter. They have not authorized the POA yet. If he doesn't have that, then the doctors have to do what my MIL wants. Hopefully they will have the paperwork ready for DH today.

I'm needed in a meeting, so have to go.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,771 Member
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was F/S Low Impact Cardio and Metabolic Conditioning followed by XTend Barre Signature 6. I have never much cared for this Fit/Split workout and today, unfortunately, didn’t change my mind. I am not quite sure why I don’t like it but I think it has something to do with the discs (which don’t normally bother me). But…..I did it, and it was a good workout.

Thelma, great workouts. I have been trying to do one of the Signature Barre workouts each week of this rotation, and this week’s Signature 6 was tough. She holds a plank forever. I don’t know if you have done this one or not, but I thought I would let you know. The standing work isn’t too bad, but that plank sequence was no fun. Anyhow, another sunny, slightly warmer but breezy day here. We are supposed to get cold on Sunday but bounce right back. I am good with that.

Laurie, great workout this morning. I completely agree with what you say about workouts helping with stress. I always find, no matter what is going on around me, if I can find just 30 minutes a day to do something ‘normal’ like working out, I can handle everything so much better. That being said, I am glad you enjoyed your evening last night with your DH. I haven’t seen Castle in years but remember it being pretty entertaining. I hope your DH gets the paperwork soon so he can start making decisions for your MIL.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,507 Member
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Wednesday were Gentle Flow Yoga and Fit Split Shred Cardio Push Day. I didn't use the step and it was still a great cardio workout.

Laurie, I don't blame you for not working out on Monday. You were tired physically and mentally. I'm really sorry about your MIL. It has to be so hard for your DH to have to deal with this situation. I am sure getting the POA authorized is a long process because they want to make sure they won't get sued. Hopefully you will find a care facility for your MIL soon.
    Great workout!

Laurel, great workouts! I intend to do that F/S Cardio and Metabolic workout too, but I honestly can't remember what it's like. I am glad you didn't change your mind about it though.
    Thanks for the heads up on that Signature 6 workout! I haven't done that one yet. One of the yoga instructors has become the plank queen. She had us doing lots of planks on Tuesday and it was a little tough. Holding planks for a long time isn't my thing!
    We also had the same type of weather you had. I only checked the forecast through Saturday and the days are going to be warming up. We may hit mid 60's on Saturday.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was Jillian's Body Revolution Cardio 1. Just felt like pulling out a Jillian workout for cardio. :)

DH's mother is doing okay. Her heart is back to a normal rhythm. They are having to sedate her at night, because she get so combative. So far no information on the POA. DH is visiting his mom today, so hopefully there will be some information on her psych evaluation.

Laurel, Great job on the workouts. I really really hate those discs, no matter what workout they are in. I usually just do the workout without them. Those discs or even when I was using paper plates, managed to go a different way than where I wanted them. :D The one thing that I like about having channels like Hulu and Netflix, there are no commercials. :D

Thelma, Awesome job on the workouts. I love that you nixed the step on that workout. I have to do that more often, and I probably would enjoy the workout a lot more. I'm sometimes afraid that I will trip. I think that I need to mention to DH that we (DH, his brother, his SIL and myself), need to start the process of at least looking for a place for her.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Fit/Split Boxing Bootcamp, Legs and Glutes and Core. I followed it with 20 minutes of glute focused yoga from Peloton. I enjoyed today’s workout much more than yesterday’s. :)

Thelma, great workouts. I did that Shred Cardio on a 4” platform, and it felt tough to me. Maybe I will try it without a step at all next time. My wrists were bothering me yesterday which may be part of why I found that plank section in the Signature Barre workout so tough, but I am not quite sure I want to do that workout again to find out if that was it or it was just brutal! :D I like that she does progressions on her barre workouts, though. If I wanted to do nothing but barre, I think she has really developed a complete program with the ability to improve. But some days doing them after Cathe I am like :o .

Laurie, great workout. I am glad your MIL’s heart is better, but I am sorry to hear about the sedation. Hopefully your DH gets more information during his visit. We are currently watching the Olympics, but I told DH that the minute they are done, so is our watching commercial TV. We watch so little commercial TV anymore that watching commercials every night like we are doing right now is just so not good. And I am not even really paying attention!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts today were Slow Flow Yoga and a very slow Peloton ride.
    I had a huge muscle spasm that left me totally stiff, in pain and in tears in the afternoon. It was so bad I couldn't even move, even breathing hurt. I was outside checking on Roosty, leaned forward to talk to him and went I went to straighten up I felt this massive contraction. I was about 8 feet from the front door, I couldn't yell for help because I was hyperventilating. I made the mistake of sitting down in the little bench we have outside and that was a bad move. Slowly I shuffled my way to the house. I opened the door, asked DH to help me and leaned my forehead against the door and cried from the terrible pain.
    Poor DH, I scared him big time, he thought I'd fallen down. I had my coat on, so I had him get me out of the coat. I asked him to massage my back with a rolling massage ball I just bought and that helped tremendously. Eventually, I was able to tell where the muscle pull happened. I am doing much better. It was a very scary moment.

Laurie, great workout! I am glad your MIL's heart is back to normal rhythm. I hope your DH was able to see her and find out about her psych eval and the POA. Is your BIL helping your DH with their mother's situation too?

There was no way I was going to do the step on that workout. It's a little fast paced to feel safe with the step. Good idea to mention to your DH that you need to start the process of looking for a place for your MIL. Finding a facility takes time as you found out with your dad. How are your parents doing?

Laurel, great workout! I really like that Boxing Bootcamp/Legs and Glutes workout.
    I think that if you keep the Shred Cardio high impact you can totally get a good workout without the step.
    Sorry your wrists were bothering you. I agree with you about not trying the Signature workout again just to see how your wrists do! I am not even going to try that workout at all! Our yoga instructor today was the plank queen again! We did double the planks we did on Tuesday.
    The Xtend Barre program is quite good and complete. I agree that doing it after a Cathe workout is hard and almost a drag. It's something that needs to happen on a rest day.

Have a wonderful weekend ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    edited February 2022
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was Fit/Split Pull Day, of course just the weight work.

I'm super glad that it is Friday, it's been a long week. DH does have a POA, and his mom is assigned a home care advisor. He is going to give DH and my BIL information on places that Mom can go into. You can just see some of the tension that DH has had lift right off his shoulders. She is also under something called Title 51 with the county. Basically this means that she can't go home, because they have determined that she is unable to take care of herself.

Laurel, Glad to hear that you really enjoyed your workouts today. Anything that involves boxing is okay in my book. :D My MIL has something called sundowning. She gets worse as the day progresses. That is probably why DH was getting these phone calls so late. DH and I try to avoid commercials as much as possible also. We have indications of spring coming around here. At work the birds have been sitting in the trees by our windows. Of course I had to investigate what birds, and it was a House Finch. I personally have never seen this finch before, but he had a slight reddish color head and breast. The female was very plain. Just very cool to finally see some bird action. :D

Thelma, That pull sounds soooo painful. :/ Of course, I know from past experiences, you will take very good care of yourself. :) Yes DH's brother is helping as much as he can. He has been to visit her, and they will both be involved in determining where she will be staying. My Mom and Dad are actually doing very well. I do have to call her this weekend, to let her know about DH's Mom. I'm going to be visiting her in March with my youngest and her bf. Youngest wants to visit her papa, but doesn't needs me because she doesn't like driving in snow (if there is any storms along the way).

Have a great weekend!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! I had a workout planned for today and completely changed it at the last minute. I was planning on doing a spin and Pilates, but Cathe did a Live upper body workout yesterday highlighting her new micro-load gloves, and I thought I would give it a try. She didn’t talk much about the gloves, but she did talk about how they make the exercises feel differently because of the weight being in the back of the hand. It was a good workout. I followed it with 45 minutes of spinning and five minutes of core.

So I have put together some ideas for our next rotation. But before I post it, I want to make sure you both are good with moving on to something else. And I also want to know if you want a week in between rotations to do…..whatever. For me, I am good moving or not, and good with a week off or not. So……I am of no help in making this decision. :D;) But I think the new rotation won’t feel too different from this one.

Thelma, I am so sorry about the muscle spasm! I am glad it started feeling better after the massage. But that must have been frightening. Like Laurie said, you know how to let yourself heal, and I hope you take the time you need. The Pilates and yoga are great during this rotation, but I do find too much barre to be too much. I would love to continue with one barre class a week because it is different from anything else I do. But….we’ll see how that goes going forward.

Laurie, great workout. I hope you get a chance to relax and enjoy your weekend. I am SO glad to hear things are moving forward with your MIL and your DH has somebody who can help him and your BIL find a place for her. I remember when we were having to consider hospice care for my mom, having somebody walk me through the process and just make it so easy for us was such a blessing. I, honestly, don’t know how we would have done it otherwise. Our birds have been eating us out of house and home the last few weeks. There are times when we have dozens of birds roaming around the backyard. Unfortunately they are mostly small black birds, but I am not sure what kind that is. But then we get the odd bright red cardinal or woodpecker or robin, and I am happy.

Enjoy the weekend.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a nice weekend. Ours was nice and quiet. We did a few chores but also took the time to take it easy for a change! The weather was very nice on Saturday but it got cold overnight so Sunday was on the cold side and Monday will be the same. The wind around here is what makes it so cold too.

Thankfully my back is almost back to normal. I've been doing a lot of stretching.

My workouts on Friday were Gentle Yoga, Gina B Low Impact Cardio, Stretching.
    Sunday Jessica Smith Low Impact Hiit, Perfect Pump: Upper Body and extended stretch.

Laurie, great workout on Friday. I hope you and your DH were able to take some time to rest and relax.
    I am glad your DH was able to get the POA and a home care advisor for his mom. I can just imagine the sense of relief he felt after speaking with the home care advisor about what's next for his mom. I am glad that she is under title 51 now. I am sad for her, but she really can't take care of herself anymore.

So there is a name for the mental decline your MIL suffered as the day went on! I kept thinking how she got worse at night from what you've told us. Of course, it explains why your DH and the police got those calls at night.
    The bird sounds like a purple finch. They are red but somehow, they are called purple. The male birds are the colorful ones. The females are totally the opposite.

I've been trying to take good care of my back.
    I am glad your BIL has been helping your DH as much as he can. I am glad your parents are doing well. I hope your mom didn't take the news of your MIL too hard. She'll love to have you, your youngest and bf visit her next month. How sweet that your youngest wants to visit her papa!

Laurel, great workouts! I saw those gloves she was wearing on something from her that showed up on Facebook. I have a pair similar to those. They are kind of awkward and if you're lifting you don't have the protection full gloves provide.

Thanks so much for working on our next rotation. I have thoroughly enjoyed this rotation and we should repeat it at some point in the future. I am OK moving on, especially if the next rotation is similar to this one. I don't need a recovery week.

The muscle spasm was frightening. I had never experienced anything like that before. I am definitely taking care of my back. I agree with you on too much Barre being too much. I don't know how they create those programs with a daily workout. I guess they assume you don't do anything else. Barre is not something I'm going to give up. I like the combination of strength/cardio/yoga/pilates/barre we've had going in the last rotations.

Have a wonderful week ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

We had a good weekend. DH's brother and SIL came over on Saturday to confirm which memory care facilities that the guys are going to look at. They will be touring two facilities today. The hospital did say that his Mom may have to go into rehab though. Apparently she is having a hard time with stability. I did try some experiments with some of my sewing machines. I'm going to be making my nieces wedding dress, and I wanted to see some of the stitches that could be made with my machines. That was fun.

I did a workout on Saturday and it was RAW Box & K-Bell. Had a need to do some kettlebell work. :D Sunday was an off day, and this morning I did RAW Boxing and Legs 2.

Laurel, The workout sounds interesting. I would imagine that having the weight in the back of the glove would give it a different feel. I wonder if it gives you that feel of hitting the heavy bag. I think the feeling that you had is what DH is feeling. She isn't going to be happy with anything that the guys choose, but at least DH will have a better feeling about the place that she is placed in. Sounds like you have some hungry birds. :D I'm okay with moving on with the rotation, since we are following a similar format. I don't think that a recovery week is necessary

Thelma, Glad to hear that your back is doing better. Awesome job on the workouts! I think that we all need to remind ourselves that we need to just take it easy once in a while. Our lives can get to busy, and sometimes we just need to sit down and relax. Yes I noticed that this was happening. I mentioned it to someone, her father was a doctor, and she said that it was sundowing. I then had to look is up. :D

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! I hope you had a good weekend. Ours was busy but nice. The weather Saturday was better than they expected, so we’re able to get in some yard clean up, which felt great. But by mid-afternoon, the wind kicked up and it got pretty chilly. Other than that, it was chores, errands, walks, and watching Olympics and football. Not bad at all.

For workouts, on Saturday I did Open Fit Metabolic Sweat 1 and 45 minutes of yoga flow with Kristin McGee. Yesterday was a 60 minute spin and XTend Barre Pilates Hit The Mat 1. Today was Perfect 30 Lower Body Pump with bonus, 20 minutes of core from Open Fit and Cathe Live Love Me Some Cardio Kickboxing.

So it sounds like a plan to start our new rotation on the 27th!! I will post it as soon as I can. I am looking forward to it. :)

Thelma, great workouts, and I am so glad your back is feeling better. I am glad you took some time to relax this weekend. Like Laurie said, sometimes we just need to remind ourselves that taking a break is a good thing.

Laurie, great workouts. I am glad you had a good weekend after the week you had last week. I am glad your DH and MIL are going to be looking at facilities. How wonderful that you are going to make your niece’s wedding dress! That will be so special for her. I know I will want to see a picture of that. :) I have had my 2# micro load gloves from Cathe probably for 10 years now. I don’t think they are like hitting a bag. It’s more that you feel very different muscles when using them, especially in something like chest flies. The shoulders get put into play far more with that extra little weight on the back of the hand. Honestly….I prefer wrist weights where the weight is more evenly distributed.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Tuesday were Perfect HIIT: Low Impact HIIT, Perfect Pump: Lower Body and Xtend Barre Core. I really love the Perfect 30 workouts!

Laurie, great workouts! I am glad you had a good weekend and that you got together to discuss your MIL memory care facility options. Sorry you now have to worry about a rehab facility too though.
    How wonderful that you'll be making your niece's wedding dress! What an honor! I can't wait to see your masterpiece!

Sometimes we have to remind ourselves to take it easy. Even now that I am retired, I have to do that. LOL

Laurel, I'm glad you had a nice weekend! Those cold winds are unbelievable!
    Fantastic workouts!

Thanks again for working on our next rotation. This one seems to have gone pretty fast. Probably because we all enjoyed it so much!

See you tomorrow ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was P30 Upper Body.

My DH wants the nurses to take his Mom's phone away from her. :D She called him twice last night, and at the end of the last conversation he told her not to call him anymore tonight. :o He was very wound up after that call. :/ She thinks that she is going to go home, this is going to be tough.

Laurel, Great job with all those workouts! Your weekend sounds great. We watched some of the football game also, but nothing like in years past. I kind of find changing those weights a pain, so having those wrist weights is a great idea. Most of the time, I just go with the weight I can lift. Today was fun, because I had to go down from my heaviest. Tried a new weight to begin with, and got to failure. I love weight workouts like that. I'm a little nervous about making the dress, but I know that it will turn out okay in the end. My niece isn't fussy about things like this. ;) Thanks for all that you are doing for this rotation.

Thelma, The P30 workouts are a lot of fun, awesome job with all that you got in yesterday. DH was hoping that his Mom could move into the new place after her hospital stay. It would have been easy to say that she was going into rehab. She keeps telling him that she is going home, so this is something that she is going to fight all the way. DH told her last night that she proved she can't take care of herself. She is probably scarred of going into a facility, even though the places that have been chosen have very good reviews and are smaller places.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a 30 minute spin followed by Perfect 30 Upper Body with Bonus, Core and Extended Stretch. I echo the positive reaction to these Perfect 30 workouts. I don’t do them nearly enough.

Thelma, great workouts. I agree that this rotation has absolutely flown by. I have not dreaded one week throughout, and that makes it so much more enjoyable. Hope your weather is like ours today….sunny, clear and temps in the 60s. Perfect for February.

Laurie, great workout. I, too, had to go down in weight on a couple of exercises today, and my arms were quivering at the end. Such a good challenge in a short amount of time. I am sorry to hear about the night phone calls from your MIL. No doubt this is going to be a struggle for all of you. I just can’t imagine to be honest.

Okay, so here is the new rotation. I know we talked about it being a 12 week rotation, but I am giving dates only for the first six weeks because if we want to modify it or whatever for the second six weeks, we can. If not, we will just keep going. :)

Up front, I will let you know that I am planning on mixing in a good number of Cathe Live workouts throughout my weeks. So the workouts I am suggesting are just that…..suggestions of types of workouts. As we have all agreed, flexibility is key, and a different workout, program, instructor may be better for all of us on any given day. Some of the workouts I am suggesting are also longer than what we have been doing. But, again, all of that hopefully can be modified by using a different program or premix. So…here goes.

February 27-March 5–Set Workouts Upper/Lower Body—Lighter Weights

Suggested workouts: LITE Strong Body Stacked Sets Upper and Lower Body; LITE Pyramid Pump Upper Body; Muscle Endurance Lower Body Premix; LIS Lower Body Trisets

NOTE: I plan on hitting the upper and lower body twice this week, all different workouts.

March 6-12–Total Body Circuits—More Strength Focused

Suggested workouts: Any PHA workout, ICE Metabolic Total Body, F/S Metabolic Conditioning

NOTE: I plan on doing three circuit workouts this week, all different.

March 13-19–Split Workouts—High Reps

Suggested workouts: XTrain Disc 1 and 2; LIS Trisets split premixes; Butts and Guts; Lower Body Blast

NOTE: I plan on doing one of each workout (two upper body splits and one lower body workout), but I never seem to stick to that plan on these types of weeks. ;)

March 20-26–Set Workouts Upper/Lower—Heavier Weight

Suggested workouts: Pyramid Upper Body; Body Blast Supersets upper body and/or lower body premix; Body Blast Push/Pull upper and/or lower body premix; S&S Total Body Giant Sets upper and lower body premixes.

March 27-April 2–Circuit Workouts—More Cardio

Suggested workouts: LITE Metabolic Blast; XTrain Supercuts; Intensity Series, Fit Tower and LITE Bootcamp workouts.

April 3-9–Split Workouts-Heavy Weight

Suggested workouts: RWH LIHI; XTrain Burn Sets Upper Body; Gym Style Workouts; Perfect 30 Lower Body; XTrain Cardio Leg Blast.

The notes I added on the first three weeks are the same for the second three weeks. In addition to the strength training, I will be adding in cardio, Pilates, yoga, barre and stretches throughout as feels good. Please let me know what you think.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Tuesday were YinYasa Yoga, Pickleball and Xtend Barre Signature Workout.

We had a beautiful sunny day here. Temps got into the upper 50's.

Laurie, great workout! I didn't realize your MIL was still calling your DH. I don't blame him for wanting to have the nurses take his mom's phone away. It really is going to be really hard for her when she realizes she's not going back home again. She obviously doesn't believe your DH that she is not going home. I am sure she is scared now, and it will be worse once she gets out of the hospital. Did they find a rehab facility yet? Is she being sedated at night still?

Laurel, great workouts! I'm glad you're also enjoying the Perfect 30 workouts! I have not dreaded a single workout from this rotation either. We also had beautiful weather here.

Thank you so much for posting the new rotation. I think it looks great. I may not have the entire Body Blast Series. I think I only have one DVD, Kick, Punch and Crunch. Thanks so much for offering workout suggestions, that helps A LOT!

See you tomorrow ladies!
    Thelma

• lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was P30 Low Impact HiiT. ;) I had a little difficulty trying to do the workout around Rocket, but that was only for the warm up. :D

Laurel, Thanks so much for the rotation, I love it. I can see that this is going to be awesome for choosing some other instructors or doing a Cathe workout in the same week even. ;) Great job with your workouts. I'm looking forward to the Mobility workout that I have scheduled for Friday. I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one that was starting out heavy and had to take it down a notch on some of these exercises. :)

Thelma, Love the workouts, including the pickleball. We are going to have temps in the high 40's today. This morning it was already in the low 40's. Those Body Blast weight workouts are very good for being shorter. DH didn't say if his mom was still being sedated. Yes they did find a rehab facility, and it isn't to far from where I work. Guess I don't have an excuse not to visit her. :) My MIL actually won't talk to either of her sons. The only person that she will talk to is DH's SIL. She won't talk to me, because she doesn't like me. :# I've know that since the day I met DH, and we have no idea why.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    edited February 2022
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Perfect 30 Low and High Impact HiiT premix followed by XTend Barre Signature 7. Good stuff.

Thelma, great workouts. I enjoyed the XTend Signature Barre I did today over last week’s by miles. No five minute planks! :D I am glad you like the look of the new rotation. I think it will offer up so much variety and possibilities without any dread factor…..just like this rotation. It took me years to warm up to the strength training workouts in the Body Blast series (the Push/Pull and Supersets workouts), but now I think they are really good, especially with the premixes. But the Push/Pull workout is also a good total body workout in under 45 minutes. Not trying to sell you anything though! ;) Thankfully there are more recent options.

Laurie, great workout….despite Rocket wanting to warm up with you. :) I am glad you like the look of the new rotation. I hope it is easy to substitute in workouts. I think the type of workout (constantly changing methods) is more important than a specific workout. You know, as Cathe says, ‘Shock your body!’. :D I am glad your DH and BIL have found a rehab facility. I am sorry you and your MIL don’t have a great relationship. I kinda know that feeling :# though it has improved over the years…..thankfully.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Wednesday were Gentle Yoga, which was an amazing stretching routine using yoga straps, we did modified balancing poses too. I also did a Peloton ride and Perfect Pump: Upper Body.

We had a beautiful day today. It was partly cloudy and warm. We're going to get a rainstorm tomorrow with lots of winds and potential tornadoes. I'm not looking forward to that! We do need the rain, but those strong winds always worry me because of all the tress around our property.

Laurie, I love that workout! Good job doing it around Rocket!! LOL

I'm glad you're finally having warmer temps! I forgot to check my DVD's to see which Body Blast DVD's I have! I have an electronic list, but I've not updated it lately.
    I'm glad you found a nearby rehab facility for your MIL. You really won't have an excuse not to visit her. Do they allow a lot of visitors these days though? I didn't realize she wasn't talking to your BIL either! Isn't that strange how MIL's are weird like that about not liking a DIL, it goes both ways though? I never had to deal with a MIL but my mother hated my grandmother. I received nothing but love from my grandmother and she never spoke bad about my mother. I think it was a thing with my mother seeing things that weren't there.

Laurel, great workouts! I'm glad you enjoyed today's signature Barre workout! I can barely hold a 1-minute plank. Forget about super long planks! Like I told you one of my yoga instructors has gone nuts over planks. She did it again on Tuesday. She promised less planks next Tuesday. LOL
    Those Body Blast workouts sound really good and not long!
    I was watching a weather report for the area and the storm we're getting is coming from the west. It's supposed to hit AL first.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was P30 Lower Body. :)

Laurel, Great job with your workouts! I'm looking forward to continuing on with this type of work. I will be subbing next weeks workouts though. I don't know why LIS isn't one of my fav's, so I'm going to do the Gym Style premixes. I'm even going to pop in Kickmax. :o Of course it will be the low impact portion, but I don't think I have put that in a DVD player in years. :D I'm all for shocking my body! My MIL is a very stubborn person, and I have never been able to figure out what she wants in a relationship.

Thelma, Awesome job on your workouts! I love having Rocket join me, but sometimes plopping his butt in the middle of my workout space just doesn't work very well. :D We will have to find out about the visitors. Last year when she was in rehab, we only had to wear a mask and could visit anytime during visitation hours. They are more relaxed in these places than in hospitals. She is only allowed 2 visitors per day in the hospital. My MIL has always claimed that she wanted me to be like a daughter, but too many times has rebuffed any attempts on my part. After a while I just gave up trying. My oldest daughter has been treated to her unstable mental state over the years. I think that she was expecting a small child to be like a little adult, and would write her nasty letters when she didn't do what my MIL expected. Those would bring out the momma bear in me. ;)

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a really good one. I did a tough 30 minute Tabata spin then went right into P30 Lower Body. I don’t know why I felt like doing that today, but I did and it felt good! I followed it with 30 minutes of power yoga. Good stuff.

Thelma, great workouts. The yoga sounds very healing. We are definitely getting some winds rights now, and they are supposed to get worse as the day goes on. Like you, I worry about the trees falling. We have had two neighbors have trees come down during storms, so the concern is not unfounded! Hope you don’t get hit too hard. My mother and my dad’s mother never got on well either, but I was all on my dad’s mother. She just wasn’t a happy person.

Laurie, great workout. :) It’s funny that you said you are substituting out LIS next week. I think I might too. I am either going to go with a Cathe Live program she filmed during the pandemic or….Gym Styles. :D Great minds, right? Anyhow, your MIL sounds a bit like mine, but mine certainly would never have sent nasty letters to her grandchildren. :o That just isn’t right. My MIL is just stubborn and never really happy with anything. I can deal with that, but I certainly don’t know if I could deal with nastiness.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel