Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,508 Member
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Wednesday were Gentle Flow Yoga and Jessica Smith Kickboxing Cardio Abs.

It finally stopped raining in the morning. The temp pretty much stayed at 48 most of the day. There was a northern wind that made it feel colder than 48 though.

Laudie, great workout! Those kickboxing workouts definitely hit the abs.

I hope your MIL will be OK at home by herself.
    There were at least 25 planks in less than 1/2 hour in that class.
    We are ready for some green here too. The trees are starting to pop, which is nice. I hope you enjoyed your brinner!

Laurel, great workouts! The Superset Circuits workout sounds amazing!
    It wasn't fun having to hold all those planks. I t was good for the abs though.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,414 Member
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was 30MTF Super Sculpt W2. Another fun workout, with lower body band work, boxing and plyo.

Well my MIL is still at the rehab, and is now paying because Medicare stopped yesterday. She refused to take her meds, wouldn't sign the discharge papers and said that her son can wait for her. Of course DH left because he had a meeting. She did take her meds later that day, so we will see if she is ready to go home today. So she is still up and down mentally. DH is very frustrated, but there is really nothing that can be done because they gave all the decision making to her.

Laurel, Awesome job with the workouts! Sounds like we did a similar type workout with the different segments. My MIL does have an alert that she has used in the past. The only people that she has are the boys and her brother. DH asked if she could have someone check in on her, but his mom said absolutely no. I'm predicting that she will be back in the hospital, or something more severe within months of her going home. I said that same thing to my DH and he said that he had the same feelings.

Thelma, Nice workouts! Got to love some kickboxing abs. After 25 planks the day before, I'm sure your abs have gotten some really great work this week. ;) Brinner was delicious, and DH was very happy. After the day that he had, I decided to include some pancakes. We don't usually have them very often, and he loves them.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,773 Member
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a tough 45 minute spin followed by XTend Barre Pilates Hit The Mat 2. I also just got home from a nice long walk. The sky is blue and it is pretty mild. It has been a week since I was on this walk, and I was amazed to see how quickly things are beginning to bud. Made me happy to see.

Thelma, great workouts. 25 planks in 30 minutes? No thank you!! Good for you on pushing through with that! Like Laurie said, sounds like your core has had quite a workout this week. Great job.

Laurie, sounds like another good workout. I am sorry to hear about your MIL, though. I just cannot fathom how she can be sent home when she refuses to take her medications in rehab. No doubt both you and your DH are beyond concerned and frustrated right now. But, as you say, it is out of your hands. I am glad you had a nice dinner last night. But now I am craving pancakes. :D I have always been a pancake lover. Thank goodness DH is not, or I would be in trouble. :p

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    My workouts today were Gentle Yoga Flow and Gina B low impact cardio.

Laurie, great workout!
    Sorry your DH is having to deal with his mother's issues. I don't blame him for being frustrated.

Laurel, great workouts!!
    My abs got a great ab workout yesterday.

Have a wonderful weekend!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was 30MTF BoxFit W2. This one is muscle endurance weight work, and I'm feeling the love in my entire body. :)

My MIL is home, and DH says that she was winded just going to the bathroom. Of course he was concerned leaving her, but this is what she wants. I just keep telling him that she is doing things the way she wants, and if something severe happens, that is the way that she wanted it done.

Laurel, Great job on the workouts, and getting to enjoy another long walk. Glad to hear that the season is changing for you. We did get some snow yesterday, but not much. They say more is going to come today. Sorry about the pancakes. This morning I was walking into the building and the wind was coming from the direction of the bakery that is by us. They of course had to be making donuts, because it really smelled sweet. :D

Thelma, Very nice workouts. Enjoy your weekend also.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout started with Cathe Live Total Body Circuit. This workout included more compound and functional moves than the other circuit workouts I did this week, and it made for a nice contrast. It was filmed early January and Cathe did mention her new strength series in it. But she also said she had no idea when it would be coming out. But it was good to hear her mention it. Anyhow, I followed that workout with Step Moves and Open Fit XTend Barre Signature. I loved the workouts this week.

Thelma, great workouts. We are under a winter storm warning tonight and supposed to get ice and snow. If it heads your way, I hope you are able to keep your animals and yourselves safe. Thankfully this looks like a short event, but the wind chills sound pretty bad.

Laurie, great workout. I guess I am glad your MIL is home, but it just has to be so concerning. But, as you say, she knows the risks, she knows how she feels, and this is what she wants. It doesn’t make it easy, but there should be no sense of wondering whether you could be doing more for her. This is exactly what she wanted you all to do for her. Anyhow, fresh donuts! There are few things better on a cold morning than a freshly made donut and a hot cup of coffee. Thank you for more cravings!! :D

Enjoy the weekend.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a great weekend. Ours was busy with chores as usual.
    The storm hit us on Friday night with a lot of rain, wind, snow and brutally cold temps. On Saturday night the lowest temp was 11 degrees and it felt like 0 degrees. It was crazy cold! I had to dig out my down coat and long johns again!
    Thankfully it warmed on Sunday into the high 40's. We'll have warmer temps this week. Rain is expected the second half of the week.

My workouts on Friday were Gentle Flow Yoga and Spinning.
    Sunday: Jessica Smith Kickboxing HIIT and LIS Total Body Trisets - Back/Biceps/Core.

Laurie, great workout! I'm glad you felt the love in your entire body! Good job!

I hope things go well with your MIL now that she is home. Good advice to your DH.

Laurel, fantastic workouts and how exciting that Cathe mentioned her new strength series! At least we know she'll be working on it!

I hope the storm wasn't too bad for you and that you staid safe and warm at home. There was a little ice on our driveway but once the sun came out on Saturday it melted even though it was very cold.
    I worried about my chickens all weekend. The girls are doing great and our winterized coop did great keeping them out of the wind.

Have a wonderful week ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Very busy weekend, it just seemed to fly by. On Saturday I did 30MTF Stepboxing W1, and Sunday was Raw Athletic Stretch. I think that this is going to be another fun week. I'm combining Tae Bo and Jillian, so it should be fun. This morning was Tae Bo Basic #1, and I used by egg weights. Truly a fun workout, and it was still a good one despite it being a basic. I think that the slower pace that those take, helps with making it doable with egg weights. Well except for the speed bag portion. :D

There was only one incident with my MIL this weekend. She wanted DH to come to her house to make her dinner. It was late, so he called his uncle. He went over to her condo and she told him she had eaten. 10 minutes later she called DH again and asked if he could come and make her dinner. DH didn't, because he would have been gone at least 2 hours just for that.

Laurel, Great workouts! That live one sounds really good, and glad to hear that it was perfect for your week. I'm really enjoying these weeks, they are so much fun. As you can see it is making me revisit some of the workouts that I have available. Sorry to add to the cravings. :D

Thelma, Love all those workouts! We had temps in the single digits with that wonderful wind on Saturday. I couldn't believe how it could go from 50's to just above zero so quickly. This time of the year is when the question seems to be what coat do I wear today. :D

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! I hope you enjoyed the weekend. Ours was pretty quiet. Like Thelma, our weather on Friday was just weird. It was warm enough for DH and I to eat dinner on the deck and I had the windows open in the house all evening. Then the wind kicked in about 9pm, then the rain, and we woke up to a few inches of snow and very cold temperatures. But the sun came out and melted the snow off the roads, so it was nice enough for DH and I to go for a (cold, brisk) walk. Other than that, I spent the day doing some deep cleaning while DH worked on a puzzle. Yesterday was nicer, so we got in some errands and a longer, more comfortable walk. But we spent the afternoon just relaxing, which is kind of unusual for us….and I liked it!

For workouts, on Saturday I did LITE Rev’d Up Rumble and 45 minutes of yoga. Yesterday was XTrain Disc 1/Chest, Back and Shoulders and a 45 minute spin. Today was Cathe’s live workout from last week which was Wicked Lower Body and Core, and it was perfect for this week’s theme because it was really high reps….but a very tolerable and good workout. I followed it with Cathe Live Cardio Boxing and Leg Blasts.

Thelma, great workouts. Wow, you got cold this weekend!!! I don’t think we got below 20, but the wind chills were around 10. I hope that is the last of that kind of cold for the season. I am so glad your chickens weathered it well and the coop is working for them.

Laurie, great workouts. I love the sound of your workout blend for the week. Like you, I am trying new workouts and older workouts I don’t do too often…..and I already know when this six weeks are up, I am going to want to repeat this rotation! I just love the flexibility. I am glad there was only one incident with your MIL, but it sounds like a pretty frustrating one. I can’t believe we all experienced the same 50 degree drop in temperature. Just crazy, even for spring.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts today were Gina B. Latin Pop Dance Cardio, YinYasa Yoga and Butts & Guts. I loved my workouts today, except for the walking lunges in Butts & Guts. I used to do walking lunges on a sidewalk and loved them. Walking lunges in a small space? Not so much!

Today was sunny and MUCH warmer than the weekend.

Laurie, I'm so glad you only had one incident with your MIL. I wonder if she's actually eating though.

Great workouts! What a great idea to combine Tae Bo and Jillian! Sounds like fun.

You're right about not knowing which coat to wear this time of the year. This is when layers become more important. I hope you're having warmer temps this week.

Laurel, I can't believe you had 'inches' of snow! We had possibly a 1/2 inch. We had spring and winter in one weekend! Good job with the deep cleaning!

Great workouts! Are Cathe's live workouts an hour long?
    We are glad the chickens did well in the cold. We finally had extra eggs to share with a friend. We gave her three eggs! LOL. The girls haven't gotten into a daily routine yet but they're getting there.

Did you really say you want to repeat this rotation? YES! I want to repeat the last few rotations! LOL

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was Jillian's Killer Body Get Firm Buns & Thighs. Can't stand the title of this one, but it is good.

DH's mom called about 12:30 this morning. She apparently had fallen, her brother was there but couldn't get her off the floor. He doesn't have any strength. DH told them to call 911, because it would have taken DH around a half hour to get to her house. She has a doctors appointment today, so hopefully they will figure something out. That's if she is ready when he gets there. He plans on going early to make sure that she is ready.

Laurel, Even with the colder walk, it sounds like an interesting weekend weather wise. Yep we all seem to have gotten something from mother nature. All your workouts sound great. Of course the live boxing/leg one sounds awesome. I'm digging through the older workouts right now. Autumn Calabrese workouts came up in my mind just this morning. Might look at some of those Hammer & Chisel workouts. I don't think I have done any of them in a few years. We will see how I feel about it though.

Thelma, Great workouts! I always had a hard time with walking lunges inside. The space I have just doesn't work very well with my long legs. Kelly does her version of walking lunges by staying in place, but taking the leg forward and back, then moving to the other side. Nice that you hens are producing some extra eggs. I'm sure that they will be going strong this summer.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was XTrain Disc 2/Biceps and Triceps, a 30 minute spin and a really good 20 minute Pilates for Core routine from Open Fit.

Thelma, great workouts. I am planning on doing Butts and Guts tomorrow. I am not a huge fan of walking lunges even with the space. B) I really like Laurie’s suggestion of taking the leg back and forth. I think that would be a great substitute. Cathe’s Live workouts range from 30 minutes to a couple at 70 minutes or so, but I bulk of the workout lengths ar between 30 and 50 minutes. She really tries to keep them under an hour. Yay for wanting to keep going with this rotation! And that’s super exciting about all of the eggs. I am so glad your hens are doing well.

Laurie, great workout. I am sorry to hear about your MIL though. Your DH must be at his absolute wit’s end right now. I hope the visit to the doctor helps. I was thinking about Hammer and Chisel the other day. I really need to pull some of those workouts out again, especially for a week like last week in this rotation. Sadly, I often just forget I have them. :o

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Tuesday were Pickleball and Xtend Barre Signature.

Laurie, good job doing a workout you're not a fan of!
    I'm sorry about your MIL's fall! I hope she is OK and that her doctors appointments went well.
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one who doesn't care for those walking lunges. I also do them in place.

Laurel, great workouts!!
    Like I told Laurie, I do the walking lunges in place. I just find the walking lunges frustrating.
    I am glad Cathe keeps her live workouts under an hour. I am so glad we're going to repeat this rotation!
    The rain has started here. We may not see the sun again until Sunday.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was Jillian's Killer Body Rock Hard Abs. Another good workout, and I'm feeling the core.

My MIL is in the hospital again, because while she was getting ready for her doctors appointment she fell. This time she fractured her hip. The ortho said that she could have her socket replaced, but she refuses to sign the paperwork. In fact DH said that she was clutching the papers, and saying that she was in charge. She also wouldn't sign the paperwork for the room, but DH was able to sign her in to get a bed. DH doesn't know what is a better option. She could die while in surgery. If she doesn't have the surgery then she will be bed ridden, and in pain. It is a mute point right now, because she is having heart palpitations. She is also very confused, because she thinks it is February.

Laurel, Great workouts! Funny how we both thought of those workouts. I have been eyeing up a few of the workouts that I have not done in a while. I know which ones that I have to avoid, but for the most part a lot of them are doable. I just have to go slower or low impact. For sure DH is having a very hard time right now. He was dealing with his Mom all day yesterday, and probably will have something today.

Thelma, Love that pickleball workout, and nice barre work. I too am glad that we will be repeating this rotation, because I still have a lot of workouts that I want to check out. Like Hammer & Chisel and some Chris Freytag workouts.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Butts and Guts, Cathe Live Low Impact Cardio Sweat and 10 minutes of floor poses yoga, which was much needed and appreciated after Butts and Guts. :o

Thelma, great workouts. Was your DH able to play Pickleball with you this week? I hope so but, if not, I am glad you have friends you can play with. We had buckets of rain last night and today is rainy and murky. We are supposed to have a nice day tomorrow, though, before another day of rain on Friday. I don’t mind if this means things turn green. :)

Laurie, sounds like a great workout. I am glad you are looking forward to repeating this rotation too! I am so sorry to hear about your MIL, though. There is no good choice to the surgery question, which is just so sad. I suppose all you can do right now is take each day as it comes….which is far easier said than done.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Wednesday were Gentle Flow Yoga, Jessica Smith Power Walking, and LIS Total Body Trisets - Chest/Shoulders/Triceps.

The rain stopped early in the morning and we had a beautiful sunny day.

Laurie, great workout! I'm really sorry your MIL broke her hip. What a sad and difficult situation.

OMG, Hammer & Chisel workouts! Remember when we did Body Beast and wanted to keep repeating it? I should try some of those workouts too.

Laurel, great workouts!

DH hasn't played Pickleball in a couple of weeks. He developed tendonitis of the elbow and has been going to physical therapy. He's had a problem with his elbow for years but playing so much pickleball really injured the elbow. He's been really good about doing the strengthening and stretching exercises and should be ready to start playing next week.
    We are supposed to have similar weather. Saturday is supposed to be rainy too. Things will start turning green tomorrow. I will put my hummingbird feeders out over the weekend! I can't wait to see the little guys again.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was Tae Bo Workout #2. This week has been a lot of fun with this variety. I will probably not be on tomorrow or Monday. I'm heading up to visit with my parents.

DH's mom should be in surgery as I'm typing this, for her heart. They need to increase the blood flow by doing balloon angioplasty and then the hip surgery will happen after that. Hopefully this will all go well.

Laurel, Nice workouts! Glad that the yoga helped with the aftermath of B&G. DH's grandmother died after surgery, so my MIL still remembers that. Of course that was over 30 years ago, and medicine has changed alot over the years. Of course something could happen, her body may say enough is enough.

Thelma, Great job with the workouts. Sorry to hear that you DH isn't able to play pickleball with you. Oh yes I remember that Body Best rotation. The Hammer & Chisel workout will be right in my timeframe, so they are on my list of things to do.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Well, I threw all workout plans out the window this morning for an unknown reason and decided to do a 90 minute endurance spin on Peloton. This is the longest spin class I have ever taken. And, oddly, it was absolutely perfect for me today. I followed it with a long stretch and some yoga. I think my legs will be screaming at me later, but, right now, it was the workout I needed.

Thelma, great workouts. I’m sorry about your DH’s elbow. I know how frustrating that is, but I am glad it is getting better. We have had our hummingbird feeders out for a few weeks but no takers yet (that we have seen). I really don’t know if I would want to do Body Beast again. I really loved those workouts and the results I had with them. I just am not quite sure I could handle Sagi the same. :) He is quite a character.

Laurie, great workout. I hope all goes well with your visit this weekend. Your MIL is in my prayers.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Thursday were Slow Flow yoga, Supersets & Push Pull Lower Body Blast and Gina B. Low Impact Hiit.

We had a beautiful afternoon. It was sunny, dry and warm. The morning was a little raw and cloudy. Rain on Friday and Saturday.

Laurie, great workout!
    I hope everything went well with your MIL heart surgery. Did they also do the hip surgery or will that come later? Sending her healing prayers.

DH played a little pickleball today just to see how he felt. He felt pretty good but there were a couple of moves that hurt so he knows he's not back 100% yet.

Laurel, congrats on that super long spin class! Wow! I would've died! Good job!

I am glad DH finally understood that he needed to have PT and that he is doing better.
    I don't know how I would feel about doing Body Beast again.

Have a wonderful weekend!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Cathe Live Upper Body Challenge with Ball followed by Cathe’s live workout from yesterday which was St. Paddy’s Green Energy. This was a very moderate express workout and perfect after yesterday’s marathon ride.

Thelma, great workouts. I was surprised how much I enjoyed the 90 minute spin. It was designed to be very moderate endurance work, so it wasn’t brutal at all. I certainly won’t do anything like that very often though, but I am glad I did one just because. We got hammered with rain this morning and may get some more tonight. But Sunday looks like it might be a nice day. B) I am glad your DH was able to play a little Pickleball. The elbows take a long time to heal, that’s for sure.

Enjoy the weekend!

Laurel