Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was XTrain Disc 1/Chest, Back and Shoulders followed by Cathe Live Warrior Kickboxing. That is three kickboxing workouts this week. That means it has been a fun workout week. :D

Thelma, great workouts. We were hot yesterday, but we got some storms through last evening that took the temperature down quite a bit. I was just watering plants and today feels far more tolerable than yesterday so far, even though it is supposed to get hotter today. The temps they are predicting next week vary between 97 and 100, so no matter how I twist it, it is going to be hot. That being said, if you are feeling especially tired from the heat, you can swap next week’s upper/lower heavy workouts for the circuit workouts planned for week after next. I have toyed with doing that since I am feeling the heat too, but, oddly, as this week has gone on, I have felt better. But come Sunday, I may just want/need a lighter week next week than we have planned. I think if the heat continues for all of us, we may be adding in one or two recovery/circuit weeks just to keep the weeks where we are supposed to be challenging ourselves with heavier weights a little more doable. Anyhow, just an idea. I saw that about Cathe as well. I hope she feels better soon.

Laurie, great workout. I hope you have a great trip. Having only been through Chicago once, I understand wanting to avoid it, especially in a special car. I echo your thoughts on this type of rotation. I love it when I try a workout that I tend to avoid….and find I love it! It is like having a whole new workout in my collection.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Thursday were KCM 30MTF Train Like a Contender and Xtend Barre. I love that KCM workout!

According to the forecast this heat wave will still be around thru next Friday. The temps have been reduced because they were talking 107, 106, 102 degrees for next week! Now we're back into the 90's and may see some rain starting on the 25th! It's going to be another long week!

Laurie, great workout! I love that workout. I will have to do it soon!
    I hope you'll have a great time this weekend!

You guys did have a lot of dew!! No signs of dew around here! LOL

Laurel, great workouts! Three boxing workouts this week! Definitely fun stuff!

Wow! How fortunate that you got some storms that took the temps down a bit! It was so hot here today! Walking out of the house and across the driveway to the coop is horrible because the sun feels so hot during those 30 or so feet.
    I love your suggestion of swapping from the heavy lifting workout to the circuit workouts! Thank you. I think I will do that! I agree that we may need to add one or two recovery weeks.

Have a great weekend!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was XTrain Bi’s and Tri’s plus Core 1 followed by a 45 minute spin.

Thelma, great workouts. I am glad you like the suggestion of swapping weeks. Like it said, I may join you. It all depends on how I feel on Sunday, but, oddly, I am finishing the week feeling better than when I started it. They have pulled back our projected temperatures for next week as well, but it is still going to be hot. I hear you on that shock of the heat when leaving the house, especially on our concrete driveway. Wednesday it almost took my breath away!

Enjoy the weekend. Monday is a holiday for DH, so I probably won’t see you all until Tuesday. Stay cool! B)

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a nice weekend. Ours was super busy with house and pet chores but it was good and productive. We finally got relief from the heat. A storm went through on Friday afternoon, which brought the temps down 20 degrees! It was a cool 70 degrees, then at night temps dropped into the low 50's! By early Saturday morning the temp was 53 degrees! Saturday was a gorgeous sunny and dry day with a northernly wind. Sunday was another beautiful day but warmer. We did hit low 80's but by 7PM you could tell it was turning chilly again. We'll have another good day on Monday, then back to the heatwave through Friday but with chances of rain. I thought this week was going to be it for temps in the 90's. Wrong! It will continue into next week!

My workouts on Friday were: Gentle Flow Yoga and a Peloton Pop Ride.
    Sunday: Perfect HIIT: Low Impact HIIT and Perfect Pump: Upper Body.

Laurel, great workout combo! I decided to do the Upper/Lower (Heavy) this week per the rotation because it's going to be hot the week of the 27th too.

Have a great week!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,417 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Our trip across Lake Michigan was great, and then we only had 1-1/2 hour drive to our destination. So we got to Lansing early, and decided to visit the REO Transportation Museum. We had never been there, and we got to see some older vehicles that don't show up to car shows. Got a little to much sun, but it was so nice outside. Temperature was perfect. Our trip back was just the reverse of Friday, with another great trip across the lake.

I didn't do any workout, but we did a lot of walking. There where a ton of cars to look at, and the parking lots where full. I opted for the circuit type workout this morning, and did RAW Total Body 100. This was 5 moves done 100 times. She split them up into 5 rounds of 20 each round. I decided to try the workout, because she used a kettlebell. :D

I was watching Chris Freytag on her youtube channel talking about creating rotations. She had some really good information on here besides the rotation creation. If you have a chance to watch it, do so.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=3HbFiffdZ70&t=2578s

Laurel, Have a great day off with your DH. Awesome job on your workouts! Love all the kickboxing workouts. I think that circuits this week may be a good option, since it is going to be hot here too. That way you get you cardio and weight work finished all at once. They are saying the heat index is going to be hot, so that means high humidity for us.

Thelma, Love all the workouts! We had those really cold temps in the morning, and I think that is why I got a little sunburnt. I actually was wearing a hoodie almost all day, because it was chilly. That resulted in the tops of my hands getting burnt. Sure does look odd though. Take care of yourselves and of course all your animals the next two weeks.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Monday were Gina B 2000 Steps and XT Cardio Leg Blast.

Laurie, I'm glad you and your DH had a great weekend! Great workout! It really sounds like a good one!
    Thanks for posting Chris' link! I'll have to listen to it.
    I think this morning was the last of the early temps in the 50's. It's back to the heatwave!
    OMG sorry the tops of your hands got burnt! I bet it does look odd!
    We have managed to keep the chickens comfortable.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was Chris Freytag's Calorie Sizzler. This one is a workout that I got when I had a subscription to GHUTV. I figured why not use the free downloads that they gave me. As I remember it is a good cardio workout, that gives low impact and high impact options.

Thelma, Great job with your workouts! We are getting into the heatwave today. They are saying temps in the 90's but the heat index in the 100's. We will see what it is like when I get home, because I really do need to do some weeding. The weeds are enjoying all this rain/heat. :D Stay safe from the heat.

Laurel, I hope you had a great weekend, and a nice extra day from social media. ;)

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Hope you are well. We had a nice long weekend here. Our weather turned much nicer after Friday as well with cooler over night temps and less humidity. It felt so good! Both yesterday and Saturday we played golf, and Sunday was a day of chores and errands. Our temps are going up again, but nobody seems to know how far. I’ve seen everything from low 90s to 100, and the difference between the two in how I feel is huge! But I figure it will be whatever temp it is. :)

For workouts, on Saturday I did a low impact spin and 45 minutes of yoga. Sunday was Jessica Smith’s Lower Body Build to Burn from her new series followed by Cathe Live Cardio Core Blast. The Jessica workout was a good one. Not too intense, but intense enough to want her to stop at times. :D Yesterday’s workout was Perfect 30 Upper Body with Bonus and a 45 minute spin. And today was Perfect 30 Lower Body with Bonus and Kick, Punch and Crunch, which is always fun. Like Thelma, I opted for upper/lower this week, but have given myself the option of stopping it after tomorrow’s upper body workout if it gets too much.

Thelma, great workouts. Our nights didn’t get as cool as yours. But when we were eating breakfast on the deck on Sunday, I almost thought I needed a jacket! That felt so wonderful. I think July is going to be hot as well from the predictions I have seen.

Laurie, I am glad you enjoyed your weekend. I can’t believe your hands got sunburned! That can’t feel good. Hope they are better now. Thank you for posting that video. I will definitely be watching that. Great workouts. I am glad you opted for circuits given your heat indexes. I agree about the weeds loving this weather. Sadly, the same can’t be said for the plants I want to be thriving!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Tuesday were Jessica Smith Walk a 5K - Steady Walk, XTend Barre Booty and Gina B 2500 Steps. I decided to use Cathe's orange band for the Booty workout! OMG! I was hurting big time! I've always used an elastic band but thought I'd challenge myself. OUCH!

We had a beautiful here today. It wasn't humid and there was a nice breeze most of the day. Our highest temp was 89. We may be in the low 90's during the day the rest of the week though.

We've been wanting a treadmill for a long time and we finally ordered one. It was hard to find one that doesn't require a subscription to one one of their workout programs. I'll be able to use my own laptop and the Peloton app walking workouts. I've been really good about getting my steps in lately. I've never cared about the number of steps until the last two weeks. I walk in place or walk along the area where the coop when I'm outside with the chickens. I've been getting at least 10K steps in every day.

Laurie, sounds like a fun workout! Great job!
    I hope you didn't hit those high heat indexes! I'm always surprised at how similar our weather is sometimes, given you're way up in WI and we're here in the south.

Laurel, I'm glad you had a nice long weekend and that you also got to enjoy the cooler temps during the weekend. OMG! I hope July isn't too hot! I've yet to see any predictions for July.

Great workouts! I haven't tried Jessica's Lower Body workout. I'm going to have to try it soon. Which week of our rotation would you include that one into?

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was ICE Bootcamp Circuit. It has been a while for this workout, and talk about fun. :) Our temps ended up being in the 90's but with a breeze, so I was able to do some weeding when I got home.

Laurel, Glad to hear that you had such a nice weekend. Great job on those workouts, and sounds like another good lower body workout from Jessica. I have yet to try that one, but it is on my list of things to do. You even pulled out KPC, another good one. We have to water our new plantings every night, otherwise I'm afraid that they will not survive.

Thelma, Oh my on the lower body workout, but it sounds like you got a good workout in. Awesome job with those workouts. It's interesting how we are getting these winds with the high temps. I'm okay with that, but it sure can be deceptive as to how hot it actually is. Just have to remember to take my water outside with me when I'm doing these short weeding segments. You know it is hot when Rocket isn't moving around the yard sniffing everything. He pretty much was laying in the shade. :D

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Jessica Smith’s Upper Body Series from her new series, followed by a 45 minute spin. The Jessica workout was another good one. It seems in this new set of DVDs she really is trying to work as many body parts at once as possible which resulted in some completely new to me postures and moves. I like it. I never feel as ‘pumped’ after a Jessica workout like I do Cathe, but I am feeling these workouts for sure.

Thelma, great workouts. I tried one of those workouts once with the fabric band and just couldn’t do it! Great job being able too. That had to burn! We were 97 yesterday and the same today. But at least the humidity isn’t as high as last week which makes it feel just a little better. I hope you enjoy the new treadmill. That will add some nice variety to your program for sure.

Laurie, love that workout! I am glad you were able to get some weeding done in your garden despite the high temps. Thanks again for posting that video. I watched quite a bit of it this morning, and I just love her perspective. Gave me lots to think about.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies! My workouts on Wednesday were Gentle Flow Yoga and Gina B's 3000 Steps. I hardly slept on Tuesday night and was really exhausted today. The hot weather didn't help at all!

Laurie, great workout and good job getting outside to weed in 90 degree weather! It definitely is hot if Rocket is not moving around when outside.

Laurel, great workouts! I agree with you about not feeling pumped after a Jesicca Smith workout, yet you know you've gotten a good workout.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Yesterday I left work early to go to a retirement party at DH's work. There where a lot of people there, and I can say that I new quite few of them. Of course two of them are our friends. :D Our oldest was able to be there, but our youngest had to many clients. His retirement date is July 1st. It sure did happen quickly. :)

This morning's workout was Chris Freytag's Jab Punch Crunch Burner Workout. This was a short workout, but just what I needed after the bootcamp workout. So having fun with mixing up the different instructors.

Rocket has to go in for a teeth cleaning at the vet today. He was sure disappointed that he didn't get any treats or his morning food. :o

Laurel, Great job with those workouts! Thanks for the information on the upper body workout. I will make sure that I have those on tap for next week when I do the upper / lower week. I had that same inspiration from listening to her talk about her workouts and doing a rotation. Instructors always seem able to do so many moves that my body says no way. I was looking at one workout yesterday, and the instructor had a knee replacement, and her tibula, and fibula had rods in them. She was jumping around, and kneeling on her replacement. That was something that I didn't think you could do. She appeared to be in her late 30' early 40's. There is no way my body could get anywhere near to what she was doing. :D I'm going to check out some of Chris's other live chats. I didn't realize that she had a youtube channel, and she does have some workouts on there that they did during the pandemic.

Thelma, Love your workouts, and of course making them work for you when you are not at your best. This heat really does sap the energy level. We actually had a cold front come through, so this morning was in the 50's an no humidity. I hope that you will get the same front to get that relief.
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I had a workout all planned today, went to my workout room….and completely changed everything. For some unknown reason, I decided to do two workouts I haven’t done in years. It started with Cathe’s Pyramid Lower Body from her Intensity Series, and ended with Party Rockin’ Step 1. My legs are quivering from both. I did throw in the core work from Leaner Legs in the middle just for something else. :)

Thelma, great workouts for an exhausted day. This heat is getting to me for sure. I think that’s why I reached back for workouts that I am so familiar with. They seemed, mentally, more manageable for me today than what I had originally planned. I forgot to answer your question yesterday about Jessica’s lower body workout. I think it would be perfect for our next stab at upper/lower body works (which will be focused more on lighter weights and high reps), but it can be effectively used during our one body part week as the lower body workout and as a circuit lower body workout (when we do circuits upper and circuits lower). It is a pretty versatile workout, but I don’t think I would ever be able to really use it as a heavy weight workout because there is a bit that uses the step, the way she incorporates balance into some of the moves and, of course, the reps which aren’t high but felt long to me. Hope that helps!

Laurie, great workout. I can’t believe your DH’s retirement party was yesterday!! Wow! His retirement really is coming up fast. Hopefully he is excited about it….and hopefully you are too. I agree with you that my body just cannot do some moves, no matter how much I would want it to or how hard I try. At least I am getting better with just doing my own thing and not beating myself up over it, but I think there are days I use ‘I can’t’ in my brain when it really is ‘I don’t want to’. B) But one thing I really liked her saying in the video you posted is to ‘Just Do It’ and not worry about order of exercises or whatever. It is foolish for me to think ‘man, I missed that interval. My workout is a waste.’ when I did the other 20 intervals!! So, given that, so what if I simply don’t want to do a move as long as I am doing something. :) It is a good philosophy.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies! My workouts on Thursday were KCM 30MTF Cardio/Pump and Jessica Smith Split Session Strength-Upper Body. I loved KCM's boxing workout. I decided to try again Jessica's Split Session Upper Body workout today because I thought it would be easier for my tired body and it didn't feel easy! I do like how she pays especial attention to the shoulder blade area.

Our highest temp today was 88 but the heat index was 90. There was a nice NNW wind which made it feel comfortable. Friday's highest will be 86 and we have about 60% chances of rain.

Laurie, great workout! You went to a retirement party at your DH's job as in your DH's retirement party and his retirement date is July 1st? How exciting!! What happened with that job he was offered during one of his solo trips?

I hope everything went well with Rocket's dental cleaning!

Like I mentioned above we may get some rain on Friday but I seriously doubt temps will drop into the 50's this time around. Our forecast is giving chances of rain for the next 4-5 days.

Laurel, great workouts! I've been thinking about doing a step workout. Maybe I'll try one next week. I do remember that Party Rockin' Step 1 was a fun one!

Thanks for your feedback on what segment of our rotation Jessica' Split Session Lower Body could be used in!

Have a wonderful weekend!!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

My workout this morning was RAW Box & K'bells. So much fun, love that combo.

Rocket did great, and now has beautiful teeth. He was not happy with us though. He didn't give me a kiss this morning as he usually does. He just put his nose in the air, and went downstairs. :D Such a personality.

Laurel, Oh my on those workouts! Those are ones that I wouldn't gravitate to, so I'm glad that you revisited and had a great time. You are right that is a good way to look at the workouts. I have to admit that I have had to do the low impact move at times. I can start out with the higher impact, but then I have to take it down if the move starts to get to long. For me it was very frustrating that I wasn't able to do those moves like I used to, and then I realized that I needed to accept some of the changes. For the most part I feel like I'm doing pretty good, since I don't have to do the whole workout following the moves of the modifier. :D I think that DH is going to do okay, it will be a big change for him. I'm just glad that he has things to occupy his time.

Thelma, Great job with your workouts! I to really enjoy Kelly's boxing workouts. Yes DH's employer had a party for him, and the family was invited. It was very nice, and DH was able to talk to a lot of other retires. Two of them just happen to be our friends. DH is someone that everyone likes. He is going to take the summer to just work on his cars, and probably do some consulting jobs once fall and winter head our way. I hope that you get some rain. Despite all the rain that we had, these really warm temps have made things a little dry.

Have a great weekend!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Pyramid Upper Body and a 65 minute spin. :o I didn’t plan on doing such a long spin, but after the first 45 minute workout was up….I felt like more so I just went with it. I may regret it later. But, thankfully, neither spin was too intense, so that helps.

Thelma, great workouts. That upper body workout isn’t easy. She does put nice emphasis on the upper back and rear delta, though, which is really nice. We were hot again yesterday and in the mid-90s again right now. But, thankfully, the humidity is down which makes it far more pleasant. We may get some rain this weekend which would be so very welcome.

Laurie, great workout. That’s funny about Rocket. :) He’ll be back to kissing you in no time without a doubt. The one area I don’t get frustrated in for what I can’t do is yoga. The instructor will go into some crazy pretzel move and I’ll be like ‘I’m good just lying here’. I think that may be because I didn’t really start yoga until a few years ago (with any consistency), so I don’t have a much younger version of me to compare myself to. I should probably take a lesson from that. :) But, honestly, when I think of the workouts we are all doing in our late fifties? We are all doing exceptionally fantastic!!

Enjoy the weekend.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I hope you had a great weekend. Ours was busy with house chores and pets to take care of. The weather was beautiful. We finally got some relief from the heat. It didn't rain but it was overcast the entire weekend, which helped keep the temperatures in the 70's. Sunday afternoon got hot and I could tell the humidity was higher. The rain expected on Sunday didn't come and now the high chances of rain predicted last week have been reduced.

My workouts on Friday were Gentle Yoga and Gina B. Latin Pop Dance Cardio.
    Sunday's workouts were Peloton Low Impact Ride and ICE Boot Camp Circuit.

Laurie, great workout!
    Too funny about Rocket not being happy with you after his dental! I hope he's already forgiven you!

I am glad your DH's employer had a retirement party for him. It must be so surreal to think that he will be retired in a matter of days. We were talking about a friend who is also retiring next week. She is worried about her life and what she's going to fill her days with. I told her I had none of those problems. I said: I was born ready for retirement! I have yet to be tired or bored.

Laurel, fantastic workouts!
    You've had warmer temps than we've had! We are going to be in the low to mid 80's this week. Thank God! I do hope we get some rain though.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

What a great weekend we had around here. I was so busy in the yard, because who wouldn't want to spend every second outside. I did get a lot of yard work done, so no workouts for this girl all weekend.

This morning I did Jessica's Upper body workout from her new series. I loved it, and as per usual with her workouts, I went to heavy to begin with so had to take it down some. :D

Laurel, Great job with the workouts! If the workout feels good then go with it right? Yep Rocket is back to loving me again, so I guess he is over the trauma. He is such a funny guy. I agree with you on the yoga moves, I'm never going to be able to do that crow pose. I don't even try to attempt it. Exceptionally fantastic is a great way to put it, and I will be using that all the time. ;)

Thelma, Glad to hear that you also had some relief from the heat. We actually have morning temps in the 50's, and it is awesome. We had that overcast day on Saturday, and we did get some rain. Yesterday was so beautiful, that I'm hoping that it stays this way all week. Love the workouts! LOL about being born ready for retirement. I think that I'm that way also. I can't wait for my retirement. DH only has this week left, so I'm sure that it will be a little strange after 42 years of working in the same place.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I hope you enjoyed the weekend. We had another hot, dry weekend here. The highs both days were in the 90s and the promised rain never showed up…..but the humidity did. :| But today is, at last, a little cooler and overcast so, despite the humidity, it feels much better. Saturday we spent the day playing golf, and yesterday we did outdoor and indoor chores, so it was a good balance of fun and accomplishment. :)

For workouts, on Saturday I did a 30 minute Jessica walk followed by 45 minutes of yoga. Yesterday was a 45 minute spin into Cathe Live HiiT and Sculpt. The title of this workout makes it sound much harder than it is. There are ten HiiT moves, upper body moves using 5# weights and lower body moves all on the floor. It felt great after the spin. Today I did Drill Max, which is harder than the title makes it sound. :D:p But it was good. I followed it with 20 minutes of Peloton Pilates.

Thelma, great workouts! I can’t believe you were that much cooler than us this weekend! I bet it felt wonderful. I was so hoping for storms all weekend but, aside from a little thunder last night, we had nothing. I don’t think we’ve had a drop of rain in almost three weeks which just isn’t good. I will be hoping for rain for you as well because, no doubt, the situation is getting a little concerning there too.

Laurie, sounds like a great weekend. And after spending just a couple of hours working in the yard yesterday, I think it is safe to say you did a lot of working out this weekend! I hope your nice weather continues. Like Thelma, I have never been bored not working. I think I might have felt differently after I stopped working if I were an extrovert, but being an introvert, I find I can lose myself in any number of things quite easily. No doubt it will be a change for your DH, but hopefully he finds great enjoyment in the things he chooses to do. I am glad you like how I described us on Friday….because it is true!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel