Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,772 Member
    edited September 2022
    Hi Ladies! I hope you enjoyed the weekend. Ours was good. We got our lawn aerated on Saturday. All the neighbors were standing around staring at the machine so, of course, my DH hopped on first and showed them how to do it…..even though he has never operated one either. It was pretty funny, though. He had it done in under an hour, so we did some more work on the yard after that, then cleaned the garage and then ran some errands. So it was a busy day. Yesterday we spent on the golf course. :) It was a beautiful weekend weather-wise, but I just got back from a walk, and I can feel the heat and humidity climbing. It’s going to be a hot week.

For workouts, on Saturday I did Cathe Live Cardio Boxing: Arms and Abs followed by 45 minutes of yoga. Yesterday was a 45 minute spin followed by Cathe Live Lower Body Barre and Weights. Today was XTrain Disc 1/Chest, Back and Shoulders and Core 1 followed by Cathe Live Lift It HiiT It Live. I just read that Cathe is going to start filming STS 2.0 soon! That makes me happy.

Thelma, great workouts. But I am sorry to hear about your back. It definitely makes sense not to use an inversion table if you have eye pressure. Hopefully you can find something to relieve the pain. Yay for doing Body Beast!! I bet that felt like quite a change on your body. I hope you enjoy it.

Laurie, sounds like a nice weekend. And great workout this morning. The aerating went well, though the guy two doors down from us had some problems on his hill. He needed to put weight on the front of the machine to keep it level. But he had more problems than he should have because he watered his lawn the night before and so he kept sliding down the hill. Not good. DH said he only felt like he was going to fall off once :o and that was because of our hill as well. So flat areas were no problem. Hills…..more challenging. It took his a little less than an hour and we have a 1/2 acre. The one that took the longest was the yard with the steepest hill. But it was a great chance for neighbors who had never met to meet, which is never a bad thing.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,507 Member
    Hi Ladies, my workouts today were Walking Outdoors and BB Build Legs. I am enjoying Body Beast. it's too bad that I can't really use heavier ways. I tried picking a 30lb barbell off the floor on Sunday and it just didn't feel safe. That's why I decided to stick with light weights. At least I'm exercising.

I had PT today and discussed with the PT my ideas for traction. We talked about a pullup bar or dip parallel bars. They had parallel bars used for people walk without fear of falling. I was able to lift myself up, but it was hard on my hands. They also have a giant pull up station and that worked better for me. I don't have to pull myself up. I just need to be able to hang from it. The PT suggested I have a step below me, so I don't have to jump off the tower. All I have to do is bend my knees to hang.
    We tried acupuncture today. It was a first for me. It didn't hurt but on a couple of spots I felt the sharpness of the needle going in. Nothing bad at all though. I think it actually helped a lot. I was really surprised that the PT does acupuncture. He called it dry needling therapy. It's acupuncture, but I imagine they can't call it that. Acupuncture needles are used, and they're inserted the same way because it is the only way. I had a better back day today for sure.

Laurie, walking and gardening are workouts! I'm glad you had a nice dinner with your BIL and SIL!
    Sorry about those walnuts! How do you dispose of them? We have acorns but it's nothing like what you're describing.

Great workout! Let us know about the YT workouts you discover!

Laurel, great workouts!
    Good job getting your lawn aerated! Too funny about your DH showing the neighbors how to do it. Good for him! Did you rent a machine? I'm glad you were able to get some golf in too! The weather has been absolutely beautiful. It's not humid here but I think Tuesday and Wednesday are going to be hot.

I read about Cathe starting to film STS 2.0! How exciting!
    Body Beast is definitely different, and I like it.
    I'm feeling a little hopeful about my back after the needling therapy. Unfortunately, what's going on with my spine is not something that can be cured with therapy. I do not want to have back surgery, but I'm far from needing that thankfully.
    When do you leave for your vacation and where are you going? Both of you must be getting excited about the vacation.

See you tomorrow ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,413 Member
    Morning Ladies,

So this morning I wanted to try a HiiT workout. I looked on youtube, and I had heard people talking about Caroline Girvan. I found a HiiT workout that was no jumping, and she used weights. It's called Dumbbell HiiT, and I used 10lb weights. She indicated that the weights used should be light. At first I didn't think that it was going to bring my hr up, but that was a mistake. I was sweating buckets. She doesn't have a warm up, but does have warm ups on her channel. The workout was done 30 sec on 20 sec off. She doesn't talk during the workout, it is all music but the clock does beep at the 3 sec mark. I actually enjoyed that aspect of the workout. Sometimes the talking can just be to much. She also had demos of what the next workout was, and they appear in the upper right corner of the screen. I LOVED this workout, and she may become my HiiT instructor. :D Tomorrow is a leg day, so I might pick out one of her workouts to see how I like it.

Laurel, Great job with all your workouts! Your Saturday really was a busy one, and glad to hear that you had a chance to golf on Sunday. Those hills are not fun, and I'm glad that we don't have to deal with that. We only have the ditches, and those are more slopes than hills. ;) I love that you DH was the first one to jump on and get his lawn finished first. Nice that you where able to meet your neighbors. Who would have thought lawn equipment would have been the catalysts. I saw the announcement from Cathe, and am now really excited.

Thelma, Awesome job with the workout, and walking. You are doing what you can, and glad that you are not worrying about the amount of weight. Nice that you had some relieve from PT, but I don't know about those needles. :o We just dispose of the walnuts in our back yard, so the squirrels will have something to eat during the winter. We have a burn barrel, and may just burn them at some point this fall.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a 30 spin followed by XTrain Disc 5/Legs. I did the 67 minute premix that included all of the lower body work. It was a good workout, but I just never have really liked this leg workout. I think it is because it feels unnecessarily over-repped. But it gets the job done.

Thelma, great workouts. I am glad you are enjoying revisiting Body Beast and doing it with lighter weight. I had dry needling done on my back about 10 years ago. It took awhile to feel the full effects of the PT and dry needling, but once it kicked in….I was fixed very fast. Hopefully they can get you to a point where you can manage the pain on your own. We rented the aerator. With all of the neighbors pooling in, it was far less expensive than hiring somebody to come in and do the work. We leave a week from Saturday and are headed to Italy. So looking forward to a vacation right now. :)

Laurie, sounds like a fantastic workout. I will be curious to hear more feedback on other workouts. I like the ‘no talking’ aspect. DH and I have been pretty good about meeting all of our neighbors, but that is because we spend a lot of time in our yard. But others have never even seen each other, which is sad. But this is what I call a garage door community where you only know if people are there when you see them driving in or out of their garages. It’s kind of sad but so common these days.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Tuesday were Walking Outdoors and BB Build Shoulders. I had a really good back day. Sagi's shoulder workouts are always very good for my shoulders.

The needling is really working! Thank God! I was able to move a lot more today and even managed more house cleaning than I've been able to do lately.

We got 1/10" of unexpected rain on Monday night. The forecast didn't mention any rain at all.

Laurie, great workout and thanks for the info on the new YT trainer! I'll have to check her out. I love the no jumping part! She has a lot of workouts and I like her 30-minute options! I am going to try one of her leg and ab workouts this week. Thanks Laurie!

I wasn't worried about the needles because they stick them all over the body it seems, so how much could they possibly hurt. They didn't hurt on my back. I also inject myself twice a month with a tiny needle. The needling needles are super fine.
    I am sure your squirrels love all those walnuts! Can humans eat that kind of walnut?

Laurel, great workouts! Good job doing a workout you normally don't enjoy.

Thanks for sharing your needling experience. I am feeling very hopeful about the needle treatment. This first treatment has done wonders for my back so far. I hope I get fixed too!

What a great idea to rent the aerator and to have the neighbors pooling in!
    I am so excited for your trip to Italy! You lived there, right?
    What areas are you visiting?

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was (I'm going to refer to Caroline as CG) a CG Leg workout. I did a workout that was a complex, and I LOVED it. It was 4 leg exercises each done 10 times and you keep repeating the exercises for I think I remember 2 min. Then you get a 1 min. rest. She has you repeat these exercises, then you move on to another 4. I started out with 20lbs, and then had to move down to 15's toward the end. I think that I will be trying out more of her workouts, because something is clicking between her and I right now. :D Walking into work and climbing the stairs was a little difficult.

Laurel, Nice job with the workouts! That is a long premix. How nice that you are going to Italy. This time of the year has to be really nice there. I think that you would really enjoy some of these CG workouts. I love Cathe's weight work, but this leg workout was not boring to me. Sometimes the repetition can get so boring, so this is a nice change of pace. I think that we all need to try something new, just to keep us motivated. It seems that everyone in our neighborhood has a dog, so when we are walking the dogs, we meet the neighbors. Of course there is one couple that are the keeper of all information for the neighborhood. They take walks multiple times a day.

Thelma, Great workouts! So glad that you enjoyed the BB shoulder workout, and that your back is cooperating after your PT. That has to be of some relief to know that the needles are working for you. The workout I did this morning did include abs, it was nice to get in some abs along with legs. Yes the walnuts can be eaten by humans, but they need to be processed correctly. You can't eat them when they are green, then they are poisonous.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was XTrain Disc 2, Biceps and Triceps, Cathe Live In The Ring, and the core work and stretch from 4DS Lower Intensity Cardio. I felt really strong today. :)

Thelma, great workouts. I am so glad you are seeing some improvement in your back. That is great news. Yes, we lived just north of Venice back 2000-2001, but we aren’t going back there. We are going to spend a few days around Rome, then the Amalfi coast for a few days then into Tuscany. We are focusing more on countryside Italy than cities, so the only major city we will be in is Rome, and that’s because that is where we are flying in and out of. So most of the trip will be new stuff for us which is nice.

Laurie, sounds like another great workout. I agree about needing to change things up every once in awhile. We have a neighbor that seems to know everything and everybody in the community and you would never guess that about him. But I think he is a keen observer and also nicely friendly without appearing to be nosy. But, boy, he can share some stuff! :D

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Wednesday were Gentle Flow Yoga, Walking Outdoors, PT exercises and abs.

Wednesday wasn't a good hips day, so I was very upset. I tried hard not to take a pain med and I was finally able to stretch the pain out. Tuesday night was bad too. The shooting pain either the piriformis or sciatica nerve cause in the buttocks was bad. I had it on both sides and I couldn't get out of bed because no matter how I moved I felt the shooting pain. It's like an electric shock. I finally had to suck it up and take the pain so I could get out of bed. This is definitely an external hip rotator issue. I guess I need more needling therapy.

I spent some time researching piriformis syndrome and found a video in YT that explains exactly what it is and now things make more sense. There were some exercises that are not part of my PT and I think should be, so I added them to my routine. We're talking clamshells, fire hydrant, bridges. I actually did the first two with a very light resistance band.

I did a Caroline Girvan ab workout called Dead Bug abs. It was perfect for how I was feeling because I was on my back the entire time. I added my PT exercises and stretching to this little workout. I love how many rotations Caroline has, and they are so well organized too. I do wish she would talk during the workout because you have to be looking at the screen all the time.

Laurie, great workout! I loved that you were feeling the leg workout while walking and climbing up the stairs! I like that the leg workout included ab work too! I had planned to do one her no equipment leg workouts today, but my hip pain got me all depressed and I didn't even want to move.

I had no idea walnuts were poisonous when green!
    Too funny about your neighbor the keeper of all information! What a nice way to say nosy! LOL. Sometimes I wish we had some neighbors.

Laurel, fantastic workouts!

You are going to beautiful places! I've seen videos of the Amalfi coast and Tuscany. The countryside is beautiful. I'm so excited for you!

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma

• lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

I did another CG workout this morning, and this one was Shoulder / Core and it was Superset. She did supersets of shoulders or shoulders/core. If I have to get core work done, this is a great way to do it. Like we have said in the past, it is easier to incorporate core work when it is interspersed into the other work. I started with 20lb weights, and then had to take it down to 15's. I was able to stick with 10lb weights for the exercises that required lighter weight. I'm not usually able to handle 20lbs for my shoulders so I was happy that I could use them for the beginning at least.

Yesterday work had an outing to the ball game, and the Brewers won so it was fun. So it was basically an off day for work. While at the park the temperature started to fall, and this morning's temps where in the 40's! Crazy how it was in the high 70's, and dropped that low. First day of fall, and we are having to wear jackets. :D

Laurel, Nice job with those workouts, and feeling strong! Your neighbor and our neighbor sound like the same guy. He also keeps a meticulous lawn, but then they are both retired so that is one of their passions. When I got home DH was picking up walnuts, because those things are staining our driveway. He got a whole wheel barrow fill, but there are still a lot on the ground. I guess that we will be spending some time picking up those things this weekend. :p

Thelma, Great job with the workouts! I'm sorry to hear that you where in such pain. The ab workouts that CG does, you do need to glance at the TV to make sure what the next exercise will be. Overall I'm finding that it isn't to difficult, and at the beginning of the workout she does say that we probably should glance at the screen. Glad that the dead bug workout was okay for your back.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a 30 minute spin into Cathe Live Legs Express: Moderate Weight into 30 minutes of Peloton Pilates. I also took a nice walk. It is warmer than I expected (almost 90), but a nice breeze was kicking up when I was on my way home. I am hoping that breeze is carrying the anticipated cold front with it. Our temps are only supposed to drop by 10 degrees, but there is a big difference for me between 80 and 90.

Thelma, great workouts despite the pain. I am so sorry you are having such a difficult time right now. Hopefully the new exercises will help. And more needling, of course. I don’t blame you for being upset about it. Pain like that is so not good. Take care of yourself!

Laurie, sounds like another great workout. Yay for using 20# on shoulder work. I can manage that on upright rows and a few (few!) overhead presses and that’s about it. So great job. I am glad you enjoyed the baseball game, but that is quite a temperature drop. I guess it really is autumn. :) I think I will be picking up nuts this weekend as well. The squirrels are so enjoying chucking them off the trees right now. I think we might have the same neighbor. :D Our neighbor is semi-obsessed with his yard. He has poured thousands of dollars into it in the nearly 2 years they have lived there. But, like your neighbor, he is retired and it seems to be his hobby of choice. Well that and learning everything about the neighborhood and the people living in it!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, today's needling didn't give me the good results I got on Monday. The session felt pretty intense. It was much longer longer than the first one. One of the things the PT told me is that I could feel pretty fatigued after a needling session. I was pretty fatigued, and my hip area felt sore. I actually felt like I still had the needles on. I forced myself to walk because I felt that I needed to move. Eventually I took a nap and an Aleve. The Aleve helped and I was able to do more cardio but no weights today.

I actually felt pretty good when I woke up on Thursday morning. I didn't feel the electric shocks in the buttocks like I have been feeling for a while now. I think the exercises and massage I did helped.

Today felt very much like a fall day. We got a little rain, and it was windy all day long. Temps dropped after the rain, and I had to break out a fleece jacket. Temps will drop into the high 40's by 7am and that will be the case for the next week. I will wear a long sleeve t-shirt to yoga in the morning!

Laurie, sounds like another fantastic workout. I am excited about DG incorporating abs into the workout. Ab work is much easier when interspersed into the other work. Good job with the weights!

Wow! How nice that your employer took the staff to a ball game!

I do want to try other CG workouts and hopefully I can get used to her not talking.

Laurel, great workout! I hope the cold front made it to you! It sure made it here!

Have a wonderful weekend!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning I tried out another CG workout. This one was Glutes and Abs. She started out with the ab work, and it was all for the upper abs. She then moved into the glutes. The first portion was floor work with the fabric bands, so I was happy that I could use mine. She then went into hip thrusts with weight. She used 44lbs, and I opted for 35lbs. These hip thrusts you used a chair, so I used my bench. The last portion was sumo squats. I'm usually bored by this type of workout, but I have to say that this workout actually went faster than I expected. I think it was getting that ab work out of the way to begin with. Everything was timed, so you did as many reps as you could handle. I decided on another leg workout, because my upper body has DOMS from the shoulder workout yesterday.

Laurel, Great job with the workout! I hope that you start feeling some of the cooler temps. We where in the 60's yesterday, and it will be getting colder this weekend. I'm sure that they might be getting frost further up north. That is very interesting that our neighbors have the same quirks. Must be that type of personality. Maybe every neighborhood has this guy in them. :D I will be thinking of you while we are gathering all the nuts off the lawn. ;)

Thelma, Glad to hear that you where able to get in a walk. Hope that you feel better and better with each PT session. I'm sure that it is frustrating to be suffering like this. Your temps are so similar to ours. I had to put on a hoodie, and jacket this morning. We didn't have frost, but it felt like we should have.

Have a great weekend!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a good one. I pulled out Strong and Sweaty and did Ramped Up Upper Body and Core then did Cardio Slam. I enjoyed this combo today. I was wondering how I would feel about all that impact in Cardio Slam but it was good today.

Thelma, I am glad you were able to get some walking in. Hopefully given some time you will start to see more improvements. I had forgotten about feeling tired after the needling, but when you mentioned it….yep, I had the same reaction. It finally cooled off yesterday afternoon (to 80) and more overnight. I went out early this morning to water some plants and it was downright chilly. They are predicting lows in the 40s next week here as well. I am SO looking forward to that. :)

Laurie, sounds like another really good workout. It sounds like they are pretty challenging as well. I probably won’t get a chance to check them out before we leave in our trip, but look forward to trying some when we get back. We finally are getting some cooler weather though the highs are still projected for the upper 70s and low 80s for the foreseeable future. But I am ready to be done with the AC, that’s for sure. And I think that will be pretty soon.

Enjoy the weekend!

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a wonderful weekend. Ours was busy with house and pet chores as always.

I don't think the needling therapy helped in the glute area. I think it made things worse. It does help with from the waist up. I do think that the exercises I found do help, as well as the stretching, icing, heat and massaging.

The weather wasn't too bad. We got some rain on Friday night and also on Saturday night.

I decided to do another week of BB Build. My workouts on Friday were Gentle Flow yoga, walking and BB Build chest and triceps.
    Saturday - walking
    Sunday - walking and BB Build Back & Biceps

Laurie, sounds like you found another CG fantastic workout! Great job!

I'm not so sure the PT is working. I think that what I've figured out is helping a lot more than PT. We do have similar temps.

Laurel, great workouts!
    I also hope I will start to see improvement with my back.

I'm glad thing temps finally cooled down. Night temps will be in the high 40's and 70's during the daytime.

Have a great week!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

We had a cold and damp weekend. Last night was a severe thunderstorm, and the trees deposited more walnuts. You wouldn't even know that we had done yard work on Saturday, the same and even more are on the ground now. :o The winds where up to 60mph, so the walnuts came pouring down.

I consider the yard work my workout on Saturday, my watch even recorded it as a workout. :D On Sunday I did another CG workout, it was a Total Body 1 hour workout. The one thing that was nice, she didn't repeat any of the exercises. This morning was a Yoga Zone workout Stretching for Flexibility. I have not done this workout in ages. My dd had it, and gave it back to me. :D

Almost done with the quilt, just have a small section of binding to go. DH and I tackled some of the basement on Saturday. Yep, we where busy bees on Saturday. We got a lot of stuff tagged for donation, and because of that DH was able to put up my sewing machine shelving unit. I now have all my sewing machines on a shelf, and I have a place for my irons also. We also brought down a file cabinet, so that I can put my sewing patterns in that. I'm getting way to organized. :D

I saw some of the pics from the filming, and I really am liking what I see. 3 Total Body workouts, and all different. :)

Laurel, Great job with those workouts! Glad that you enjoyed the combo. I'm surprising myself with the amount of weight that I'm lifting for my shoulders. Usually that is my weak spot. I'm also very impressed with the core work, I can already feel a difference. I had to put on an extra blanket, it just got way to chilly for one blanket on the bed. Hope that you are able to open up your windows and enjoy some cooler air too.

Thelma, I hope that you are able to find some relief soon. It can't be fun having to deal with that pain. Awesome job with those workouts! Hopefully you didn't get the thunderstorm that we had last night. It was a bit scary, and they where telling people to get into shelters.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! I hope you enjoyed the weekend. We did. Saturday was a picture perfect autumn day, so we headed to the golf course. It was so wonderful out there. I could have stayed forever. :) But we didn’t. When we got home, it was outdoor chores. And then yesterday was errand running and trip preparation. We had quite a bit of rain yesterday morning which was nice. Our temperatures are slowly dropping with the lows for the next several night in the 40s. I can’t wait.

For workouts, on Saturday I did Jessica’s Fast Walk 5K and 45 minutes of yoga. Yesterday was a 45 minute spin and Great Glutes. And today was XTrain Burn Sets Chest, Back and Shoulders and Core 1 followed by Cathe Live Jump, Kick and Jab.

Thelma, great workouts. But I am sorry you are still suffering from pain. You know your body better than the PT does, so if what they are having you do isn’t working, tell them. My last PT really taught me that. He didn’t hesitate for a second if I said something was making me tighter. He stopped me doing that exercise that minute. Hopefully you can come up with a better approach. I have my eye on your weather with this hurricane potentially coming up your way. Of course, I am doing it selfishly since we fly out of Atlanta on Saturday. But I really hope you don’t get hit too hard with wind and rain.

Laurie, great workouts. And, yes, working in the yard is a workout! I am sorry to hear about the storm last night and that it dislodged all of your walnuts. That is no fun. I didn’t do anything in the backyard this weekend because we just re-seeded it last week and DH reminded me that we should really stay off of it for a little while longer. So the nuts pile up. :| I love the sound of what you have done in your basement for all of your sewing equipment. I can’t wait to see a photo of the new quilt. :) I agree about the photos from the new filming. The set looks so different! I love that it looks like if you were there, you would be walking right onto a beach when leaving the workout room. And I was hoping Al would be back! He has been in several Live classes lately, and I thought that might be a sign that he was there for a reason….like rehearsals.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel

• ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I had a pretty good back day today pain wise. I'm still feeling the 'electric shocks' more since I got the needle therapy treatment.

My workouts on Monday were Gina B Country Cardio, YinYasa Yoga,
    Walking Outdoors X2 and BB Build Legs. I am really enjoying working out with Sagi again. I love that he has a modifier.

Do you both own Cathe's tower? Does your tower move when you do pull ups? I must be doing something wrong because that thing slides toward me when I try to pull myself up. I have to make sure my feet are firmly on the stability bar between the tower's feet. I am seriously considering getting rid of it because I only use it for pull ups, which I don't do often. I used to use it for Barre but I prefer to use the real Barre I have.

Laurie, yard work IS a workout on my book! I hope there aren't that many walnuts left on the trees! That was quite a storm!
    A storm hit us last night with strong winds and dumped 2/10" of rain. It didn't last very long thankfully.

Great workouts! I'm glad you're enjoying CG's workouts so much! I can't believe she didn't repeat any of the exercises on that workout! I really like that!

You sure had a busy weekend! How exciting about the progress on the quilt! Wow! Your sewing area is so organized now! Do you have a giant table to do all you cutting and everything else involved in quilting?

I saw the pictures of Cathe's new program. It looks good. I have to admit that I was disappointed Jay (?) is not in this program. I find Brenda to be very distracting. Everybody on FB is excited about Kristen. Apparently, she is one of the Cathe Live instructors. Al is back in this program too.

Thanks Laurie. I hope I find relief soon too. It's literally a pain in the butt! LOL

Laurel, great workouts! I'm glad you were able to play golf. Saturday was a really nice day for sure. We were in the high 60's during the morning and there was a cold wind. I was freezing! Our nighttime temps will also drop into the 40's.

I do intend to tell the PT that the needling made things worse. I am willing to give the needles another try but for a shorter period of time.

I didn't realize you were flying out of Atlanta! I heard today that most of the rain in Northern GA will be on Saturday.
    Hopefully that means Atlanta will be dry by then. I hope that by the time the storm gets here it will be just rain. I am bringing my girls inside the house on Friday night. I just don't want to worry about them at night. Thank God we only have two chickens that we can do this. Some people have an insane number of chickens!

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was RAW Shadow Boxing, and I used my 1.5lb egg weights. It was fun, and that is all that counts. ;)

The quilt is finished, and I will be taking some pics when the sun is shining. I just need to make a quilt label for the back, and hopefully DH is able to get one of the printers working so I can finish that.

Laurel, Oh how nice your gold outing sounds. I'm sure it was a great relief to have temps that where not scorching you. Enjoy those lovely 40's, I know that we have been. Great job with all your workouts. I will post some pics of my new shelves when I get the chance. We have the block basement walls, so it isn't very pretty. :D We just don't have to time to do a finished basement, but it is on our list of things to do. Bathroom remodel is the first thing on our list. I'm really glad that Al is back in the mix. I noticed that there was someone different in the lineup, and that is good too. Have to wonder where those stairs go though. :D I saw them in one of the pics, and was like never saw those before. Cathe is lifting some heavy weights.

Thelma, Great job with your workouts! That is one of the good things about a lot of these instructors having the modifier. It reminds you that you can use that option when necessary. I do have the tower, but don't remember it moving on me. I have used it to hold my barbell during STS. I have a large table for cutting, but probably not as big as some people have. I keep two sewing machines on another table, and I have my newer one on it's own table. I change out the two machines when I feel like using something different.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a 30 minute spin followed by XTrain Cardio Leg Blast. I really enjoyed this workout today. I followed it with a wonderful walk in these autumn temperatures. So pretty outside right now.

Thelma, great workouts. I am glad you are enjoying Sagi again. I have the Fit Tower but it doesn’t move on me when I do pull-ups. Mine is mostly used for holding my barbell, but I do use it for barre still and pull-ups….on the rare occasion I do those. B) Kristin, the newcomer in the videos, has been attending Live classes for a few years now. I think she is a good addition to the crew because she seems to always use good form and never plays to the camera (unlike a couple other Live class members who have been in past videos). I am wondering, though, if there is only one crew for these workouts. I kind of think it might be like STS where she had several crew members. So Jae may show up yet. I hope so, to be honest. I hope your pain improves, Thelma. That has to be so frustrating right now.

Laurie, great workout. I chose a really fun spin this morning because, like you, my thought was that ‘fun’ is what counts. Like I mentioned to Thelma, the newcomer (Kristin) has been in the Live classes for a few years. I think she will be good. I was surprised to see the ‘stairs’ too! But I like that the new set is completely different. She had been using the same set (with different ‘window’ inserts) since STS. Seems appropriate it is changed for the 2.0 version. Honestly I am surprised at the weight Cathe is using. She has complained more than once over the last year that she is having issues with her rotator cuff. So I was kind of wondering how that was going to work with a heavy weight series. But….looks like it isn’t an issue right now. My sister and BIL have been remodeling their master bathroom for the last 15 months. It is driving my sister crazy. I hope yours goes more smoothly. :)

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Tuesday were on the light side: Walking Outdoors and BB Build Shoulders.

I spent most of the afternoon in the kitchen cooking for my friend with cancer and her DH. I made a huge pot of chicken noodle soup, so there was enough for 4 dinners for 2. Half for them and half for us. I also doctored up a marinara sauce and added meatballs. They can have that with pasta or ravioli. I made two small egg casseroles for her breakfast. One had baby spinach, turkey sausage and shredded cheese. The other one had sauteed onions, red and green peppers, ham and shredded cheese. The casseroles made 8 portions for her. DH vacuumed packed them so they could freeze them. They should get 4 dinners for 2 from the food I made.

I was exhausted after all that cooking but felt really good about helping my friend.

Someone asked Cathe what STS stood for, and this was the answer: At one time it stood for Shock Training System…but I have now converted it to Strength Training System!
    She also mentioned that some days she's been tired now that they're filming and has decide to go with a much lighter weight than intended.
    I just noticed the stairs in Cathe's new set! I wonder if the studio is in a basement. Is this studio only used for filming?

Laurie, fantastic workout! Kelly's boxing workouts are always a lot of fun.

Modifiers are great. I wish Cathe would have modifiers.
    I must be too short for the tower. I am doing the easiest form of the pull up, which means leaning back.

Yaaay! Congratulations on finishing the quilt! Is this your DD's quilt? I can't wait to see the pictures.
    I had the feeling you had a large table for all your quilting. I would love to see a picture of those shelves with the machines on them too. Do you have a favorite machine, or do they do different stitches?

Laurel, great workouts!
    I must be doing something wrong with that tower. If I don't hold it down with my feet, the tower moves when I pull myself up.

I thought Kristen was an instructor at Cathe's studio! I also thought all the other crew members were instructors too. I didn't realize they were studio members! People super excited about Kristin.

There is only one crew for this program. Cathe has a post on FB where she introduces the STS crew: Jenn A, Jenn D, Brenda, Cathe, Al and Kristin. I'm looking forward to seeing Kristin in action.

I had PT on Tuesday and we talked about the needling results. He said we'd let the body heal and gave me new ab exercises in addition to the leg workout he'd given me before. The ab workouts are tiny ab moves to target the lower abs. I like them.

It looks like you're going to be OK for your flight on Saturday.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma