Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a 45 minute spin, STS Meso 2 Disc 14/Legs and 30 minutes of yoga. I needed that yoga today for sure.

Thelma, great workouts. Like you, we had non-stop rain all day yesterday. Today is cloudy, warm and so humid it might as well be raining. Not a very pleasant day at all. Hopefully by the end of the week we will get some fresher, drier weather.

Laurie, great workout. I love the sound of Tabata intermixed with strength. I think I am pretty old-school/uninformed about what constitutes as ‘cardio’ anymore. B) I still think the heart rate needs to be sustained at a certain rate for a length of time during a workout for it to be considered a true cardio workout. And, clearly, that is not the case. But it is one habit I am finding impossible to break. I probably just don’t want to break it because of how pure cardio makes me feel mentally. But I will keep trying because I think my body would appreciate it if I did. :D

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,513 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Tuesday were walking (there was a break in the drizzle!) and Tracy Steen Upper Body.

The rain stopped at about 8 AM on Tuesday, but it was drizzly and misty on and off during the day. I thought we were done with the rain, but it's been raining on and off tonight. We had 2 1/4 inches of rain. I really thought it would be more than that. It felt damp and cold, but temps were in the mid 50s.

Great workouts Laurie!

We had about 36 hours of steady rain, so I thought for sure we'd have more than 2 1/4 inches of rain!

Good idea to get different color covers for your egg weights. I have 1, 2 and 3 lb. dumbbells and I felt that the 1.5 lb. egg weights would be a nice addition for my cardio and kickboxing workouts.

Laurel, great workouts!

I can't believe it's humid and not very pleasant there. We were wearing our fleece jackets and light gloves! We got 3 1/4 inches of rain at the end of last week and 2 1/4 inches between Sunday, Monday, early Tuesday.

See you tomorrow ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,418 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning I did NML Split Strong 35 Legs & Glutes. I really enjoyed this workout. It was again 2-3 exercises, and then she did 2 finishing moves. It was a no jumping, but she did incorporate calf moves into some of the exercises. My hr was up really high, so I burned a lot of calories.

Laurel, Awesome job with those workouts! It took me some time to adjust to the fact that I was actually getting cardio into my workouts without realizing that it was cardio. I think it helped to do some of the CG workout. It shocked me that I was actually doing weight work, and it was anaerobic. I think that is why I enjoyed my workout this morning. :D

Thelma, Great job with those workouts! You have actually gotten quite a bit of rain, I'm sure that will help the area. We woke up to heavy fog, and we are heading into either rain/sleet/snow combo in the next two days. Not looking forward to that, but I'm taking off on Friday so I shouldn't have to deal with the weather to much.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was STS Meso 2 Disc 15/Back and Biceps, Jessica Smith’s Low Impact HiiT Walk and 30 minutes of Peloton Pilates. I am really feeling these Meso 2 workouts this week, so the Jessica walk was well placed today.

Thelma, great workouts. You are so lucky to be having some cooler air there because it is downright miserable here with all of the humidity and night time temperatures in the mid to high 60s. The house feels so stuffy but it is too warm to run the heat, too cool (so far) for A/C and too rainy and humid to open a window. And we have another week of this. :o Oh well. It is helping me do more indoor chores, so that’s a positive. :)

Laurie, sounds like another good workout. I sometimes think should try a heart rate monitor again to see if that helps me understand what my body is doing during certain workouts. I haven’t worn one in a decade because I have an issue with becoming a tad obsessed with numbers B). But maybe if I give it a try for the next six months or so, it would help me form better habits. Off to Amazon to Christmas shop for me. :D Yuck on the weather up there. I hope you avoid sleet. That’s the worst.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Wednesday were Indoor Walking, Gentle Flow Yoga and Jessica Smith Kickboxing HIIT using my 1.5lb egg weights. My planned strength workout didn't happen because I do that after dinner and we lost power, so the next best thing was to walk/dance by candlelight! Thankfully the outage was under two hours.

We got another 1/2 inch of rain. It poured off and on most of the day. We got a couple downpours tonight and we have steady rain going right now. We may get more rain early Thursday morning and in the afternoon. We have 98% chances of rain on Friday and 55% on Saturday, then no rain until Tuesday. I have no idea if there are flooded areas here. People don't post stuff like that on Facebook anymore.

Laurie, great workout. Sounds like a great lower body workout. I was going to do something similar on Wednesday.

I didn't realize you'd been getting quite a bit of rain too. Be careful driving under that rain/sleet/snow combo conditions! Thank goodness you're taking Friday off! Have a great weekend!

Laurel, great workouts! Good job lowering the cardio intensity!

I still can't get over your high humidity! It was warmer here today. On Thursday we will be in the high 60's. I hope you get some relief from that humidity. I would've turned the AC on and wore a fleece jacket! LOL. This weather is definitely helping me getting indoor chores done too!

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was NML Split Strong 35 Power Yoga. Not a favorite, but it got the job done. I would probably sub this one with a GHUTV yoga workout next time. I'm thinking of doing these again, because I really have enjoyed the workouts. Tomorrow is a core workout, so we will see. Everyone knows how much I love my core work. :D Since I'm off work tomorrow, I'm planning on making some cookies, since the weather isn't going to be that great.

Laurel, Love the workouts! I'm hoping to get in some of those Jessica walking workouts this weekend. I know that the weather isn't going to be great, and those would fit the bill. With the increase in weight, I'm sure that walking hiit workout was really enjoyable. I have an IWatch, so the only thing that I get obsessed about is closing my three rings for the day. Move/Exercise/Standing. If I manage to get those three items complete, then that is all I look at. :) I do enjoy seeing how high my hr goes on these weight workouts. For me that was really useful information, because it made me realize that I didn't need that extra cardio. With only doing 30-45 min. workout, I always felt I wasn't getting enough cardio.

Thelma, Sounds like some great workouts! Dang on the power being off for so long. Your area is going to be well soaked by the time next week rolls around. I have not done that Jessica workout in a while, but remember it being really good. I think that it was before I had egg weights, so how did you like using them during that workout?

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a tough 45 minute HiiT and Hills spin, 15 minutes of standing abs with Jessica, and 30 minutes of yoga. I really pushed the spin today and it felt great. No doubt varying the intensity of my workouts will help me push harder on the days I should be pushing harder. It felt wonderful today to be able to do that.

Thelma, great workouts. I am sorry about the power outage. That can be so frustrating. I actually woke up to clear skies this morning. :o That lasted for about 30 minutes, and now it is dark and gloomy again. The National Weather Service in Huntsville sent out a three day forecast yesterday and said about it that it would be appealing to ducks. :D Looks like we’re in for more rain. I finally turned the AC on last night. There was so much humidity in the house, I kept sticking to the floors. B)

Laurie, great workout even if not your favorite. I have toyed with getting an iWatch but they are pretty big on my wrist. I think I might end up with a FitBit watch because they are a better size for me to wearing around all day. I am still thinking about it, but I do think it would help me if I use it the right way (letting it tell me when I have done enough instead of my thinking I need to push the numbers higher). Thanks for the info on the iWatch, though, because I like the idea of the three circles and just letting that be it. Decisions, decisions. :) Enjoy your day off!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Thursday were Slow Flow Yoga, walking and Tracy Steen Total Body Strength.

As of Thursday afternoon, we were up to 3 inches of rain since Sunday, 6" since last week. Thursday was cloudy but the sun made a few appearances. The rain came back Thursday night and Friday should be pretty rainy.

Laurie, great job doing your yoga workout! The yoga workout I did on Wednesday was a Peloton workout and it was booooring, but I stuck with it and did it. I hear you on the ab workouts, but they are so necessary! Enjoy baking those delicious cookies!!

I'm OK with a power outage that only lasts a couple of hours. The area is pretty well soaked.
    I really kickboxing with the egg weights. It felt weird to me though, but it's a matter of getting used to these little egg weights.

Laurel, great workouts! I love those standing ab workouts! I'm glad you're already feeling the benefits of varying the cardio intensity!

Power outages are a way of life here in the mountains. Thankfully it doesn't happen often where we are and when it happens, it gets restored fairly quickly.

It was pretty cloudy and foggy here this morning. It was pretty cloudy most of the day, except for the peekaboo sunshine a few times during the day. Friday will be pretty gloomy again. I just checked and now Saturday's chances of rain are only 25%! My weather app is showing flurries for next Friday! Yikes! I'm glad you finally turned the AC on with all that humidity!! It was warm here but not muggy.

Have a wonderful weekend!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Cathe Live Super Sets Total Body followed by Cathe Live Kickbox and Core. I was feeling really tight when I got up this morning, but the workouts seems to have helped that thankfully.

Thelma, great workouts. Who did that Peloton yoga that was so boring? I want to avoid that one. You have had a lot of rain! I have no idea how much we have gotten, but it has been a lot. Like you, we had glimpses of sun yesterday, but today is foggy and rainy again. Hopefully there is a break from this tomorrow. I could use a little sunshine in my life. :)

Enjoy the weekend!!

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a great weekend! We had a very nice weekend. On Friday we meet some friends for dinner and on Saturday we went to a Christmas party where I had my yearly drink! LOL

We finished the week with 3.9" of rain. Saturday was actually a rain free day until the evening. Sunday was drizzly and misty all day!

My workouts on Friday were Gentle Yoga and walking
    Saturday - Walking
    Sunday - Gina B Low Impact Cardio and Tracy Steen Killer Leg Day Circuit. It was a really killer and my legs are feeling the workout. There were 4 sets of exercises repeated 3 times each. She used the resistant loops to work the abductor muscles. Tracy has other band workouts that I'd like to try too.

Laurel, great workouts on Friday! I'm glad the workouts helped with the tightness you were feeling!

The boring yoga workout was by Adity Shah. I usually love her workouts. I chose a Slow Flow, and she took the slow part to the max!
    We definitely had a little sun on Saturday. I hope you had some too. Sunday was 100% gloomy, but Monday promises to be a partially sunny day!

Have a great week!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I hope you enjoyed the weekend. Mine was quiet with DH away. Saturday I spent the whole day doing chores. We had clear skies and sunshine for about an hour, and that gave me enough energy to go all day. But by evening the rain was back and yesterday was spent completely covered in fog. So far it is the same today. I usually enjoy some gloomy weather, but I wouldn’t mind a little more sunshine for a minute right now. B)

For workouts, on Saturday I did a Jessica Smith walk and 60 minutes of yoga. Yesterday was STS Disc 25/Chest and Back followed by a Perfect 30 High Impact HiiT and Bonus Pyramid HiiT. Today was a 30 minute spin, STS Disc 26/Plyo Legs and 30 minutes of Peloton Pilates.

Thelma, great workouts. The lower body workout sounds great. I am glad you were able to spend part of your weekend with friends and celebrating the holiday. I hope you are getting some sunshine today. So far, we are not but I am hoping we get some tomorrow before the next storm system arrives. The rain we got Saturday was pretty heavy and with the fog, nothing is drying out. It makes me a little concerned if this next storm is violent with the ground so wet. That’s when trees like to fall. :# Thankfully there are no leaves on them which helps them stay standing this time of year. I was surprised the ‘boring’ yoga was Aditi. I thought for sure you were going to say it was Ross. I so want to enjoy his yoga, but—for whatever reason—I usually just give up and walk away. I have no idea why.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I had to keep my workouts on the lite side today. I had my Gyn appointment in the morning and I was in pain all day. I was able to get in two walk sessions.

I actually woke up today feeling the heaviness on my lower, left ab area. Perfect timing! I told the doctor that I don't feel it all the time but that I'm feeling it more and more lately.
    The doctor did an ultrasound and said that my entire uterus was a giant calcified fibroid! This explains the heaviness I feel on my lower left side. She said calcified fibroids are very heavy. She said my uterus is tilting to the left, which also explains the pressure on that side.

There's nothing to worry about, but since I'm having this discomfort, I chose to have my uterus and ovaries removed. There was no hesitation in my mind about what course of action to take. The organs are dead so no need to keep them. The surgery will be sometime next year because they're booked solid. It will be a robotic surgery and the incision will be about 8mm. I'll be on lite workouts after 2 weeks. The recovery time is about 6 weeks.

Tuesday started cloudy but it turned into a sunny day. The temps were in the high 50's.

Laurel, great workouts! Sounds like you had a very productive weekend! I hope you were able to see the sun on Monday.

You definitely got more rain on Saturday than we did. Things started to dry up a little bit on Monday. The chickens' run is filled with sand, so it's like a giant litterbox. The sand was super wet on Saturday. I kept raking it on Sunday to help it dry out a little. Finally, today I was able to see some small areas of dry sand.

I pray we won't have to worry about trees falling down anywhere near our homes!

Ross is a very boring instructor! I was really surprised that Aditi's workout was boring too. It must be so hard to come up with so much yoga content! I don't blame you for walking away from Ross' workouts!

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma

• lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Sorry, but I got busy here at work and totally forgot to chat. It amazes me that just one day off of work, and I have a lot of catching up to do. I had a nice but busy weekend again, and really enjoyed watching the snow fall and making the cookies. I managed to get three done, so DH is happy. I still have one to do that he really likes. Not that we need to eat them, but the freezer works really good. :D

I did the core conditioning workout on Friday, Saturday was a day off, Sunday I did a GHUTV Walking workout, yesterday was NML Split Strong 35 Legs & Chest and this morning was Upper Body Pull. Really enjoyed the NML workouts.

Laurel, Great job with all the workouts! I have the smaller size of iwatch, so the face isn't all that huge. I totally understand the want of a smaller face. DH has the fitbit, and he has steps and standing. I figure anything that gets him moving is good. :) I see that you are still working on those STS workouts, hope they are still enjoyable. Our snow is almost gone, we just have what is left of the snowbanks. Of course we are suppose to be getting a lot of rain today and tomorrow. Probably better to have the rain instead of the snow.

Thelma, OMG on the information from your Gyn! Wow on waiting a whole year before you have the surgery. I love how they have advanced the surgeries to the point that your recovery isn't all that long. I know some that have been out for much longer than 6 weeks. Great job with the workouts! Funny how we push through those workouts that are not enjoyable, but then we have to remember that those workouts are not to be done again. :D You really have been getting a lot of rain.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was STS Disc 27/Shoulders, Biceps and Triceps, Cathe’s MMA Kickboxing and yoga. After all the discussion recently about egg weights, I decided to try the Kickboxing workout with my 2# weights. It definitely upped the intensity…..but it still just isn’t a good workout. Way too much repetition. But it got the job done today, and I do love the core section so that was a bonus.

Thelma, I am glad you have such a quick answer to your abdomen pain. I don’t blame you for opting for the surgery. I know I would. It isn’t quite the invasive surgery it was years ago, which is good. I hope you get a date soon, though, and don’t have to wait months and months. Sadly, we got very little sun yesterday, but what we got was very welcome after the dense fog we have had. But now we are under a flood warning because of this next storm moving in. But I think that is the last of the storms for a little while.

Laurie, great workouts. And yay for the baking! I always love baking when the weather is wintry. I have a freezer full of cookies right now, and am waiting to share them with DH when he gets home this weekend. Well, I am waiting to share some of them. :D I am loving STS. I don’t know what it is about this program, but my body responds to it so well. I feel stronger and more energetic in almost everything I do…..until the sleepies and hungries kick in at least. B) So I am going to do another three weeks of it and see how I feel then. But this week of Meso 3 workouts highlights that STS is far more a mental challenge for me than a physical challenge because of the length of the workouts. And it makes me happy to know that I am still physically capable of lifting some pretty heavy (for me) weight.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Tuesday were Yin Yoga, walking and Tracy Steen Upper Body. The Yin class was all about hip openers. It was sooo good!

My surgery is scheduled for Jan 12 @2PM and I have two pre-op appointments the last week of the year. Thankfully they'd had a cancellation. Otherwise, my surgery would've been in February!

Tuesday was definitely colder. We made it into the low 50's. We are under flood watch between Wednesday and Thursday morning.

Laurie, sorry your Mondays are so busy after a long weekend. I'm glad you had a good weekend and baked those cookies!

Great workouts!!

I don't have to wait a year to have the surgery. Saying 'next year' sounds really far away but it's in 2 1/2 weeks! I am glad for the advances in surgery too. I think that is probably why I'm not freaking out.

It is funny how we push through those workouts we don't like. We have gotten a lot of rain. I think we're almost done with the rain before it turns cold.

Laurel, great job with those workouts! The egg weights definitely increase a workout's intensity.

I am so glad I know what is causing the abdominal pain too and now I just want to get this surgery over with.

Sorry you didn't get much sun on Monday. We are also under flood watch. I hope it's not too bad.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma

• lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

What a yucky day we are having. It is cold and rainy, just not fun. Today we have our holiday party at work, so I'm sporting my ugly Christmas sweater. :D This morning's workout was NML Split Strong 35 Unilateral Legs. Interesting workout!

Laurel, Awesome workouts! I love how we encourage each other to use our equipment. ;) Glad to hear that you are enjoying your choice of doing the STS series. I think that I'm going to do some Jessica workouts after this week. It has been one of my goals to try something from all my favorite instructors this year. Have a need for something of hers, and they will probably be good for this holiday season. I really don't have a dread factor with her workouts, so I will get my butt downstairs and workout. I know that at some point I will be stating that her workouts are so diseptive. :D

Thelma, Nice workouts! I bet that Yin workout was great on those hips. LOL about the surgery, I'm glad that they had a cancellation. I don't think it has hit me yet that the new year will be rolling around very soon. Maybe I am trying to not deal with the fact that I'm going to be 60 next year. :# They are talking around a foot of snow for some of the areas north of us. I'm okay with a few inches.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a fun 30 minute holiday spin, STS Disc 37/Squat Rack Legs and STS No Equipment Abs. We, too, are having a yucky day. It started with wind, now fog and non-stop rain. I needed that fun spin class to lift me up a bit, and it worked! :) We are supposed to have sunshine back tomorrow….thankfully.

Thelma, great workouts. And great news on the surgery date! I bet that is a relief to know it will be over soon. And you will have time to recover before STS 2.0 comes out. :D Hope you aren’t getting any flooding your way. I just know I am glad we live on a hill at the moment.

Laurie, great workout. I hope you enjoy your Christmas party. Sounds like a good weather day for a party to brighten the spirits. I signed up for Jessica’s digital deal, and I am glad I did. I don’t dread her at all, but, like you said, her workouts can be deceptively tough. Yep, 60 is coming fast for all of us isn’t it? Hard to believe we were in our 40s when we started chatting here. :o Hard to believe but also amazingly wonderful. :)

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Wednesday were Gentle Yoga, Gina B 80s Retro Pop Mix, Walking on treadmill and Tracy Steen Knee Friendly workout.

It started to rain about 11am on Wednesday. It rained off and on, all day long. It started to rain non-stop torrentially in the early evening. I can't wait for this rain to be done with!

Laurie, great workout! Sounds like we had the same type of weather! I hope you had fun at the holiday party!

The Yin workout was amazing. You can never do enough hip openers! It's always funny when I can start saying "see you next year" at this time of the year! LOL
    Don't think about the number you'll be next year. Think about how fit you are and how well you take care of yourself! A foot of snow! Thankfully your area is not included!

Laurel, nice workouts! This weather is insane! I can't wait for the rainy period to end! We will have sunshine on Thursday too! Good job finding a spin workout to help lift you up!

I don't know if any areas got flooded around here, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was flooding. It rained torrentially for what felt like months! We're also on a hill!

I was wondering when the STS 2.0 would come out. I was wondering if I'd be able to start the program with you! I'm glad you mentioned that I'd be able to recover before STS 2.0 comes out!

My rheumatologist called today to tell me what I need to do about suspending my meds before the surgery and when to resume them. My Gyn got in touch with the rheumatologist to get clearance from her because of my autoimmune diseases. I don't remember my foot surgeon getting in touch with my rheumatologist when I had the bunionectomy. I have to stop my RA and one Lupus med 4 weeks before my surgery and resume them 2 weeks post-surgery. Hopefully I won't have any flareups! The rheumatologist said that wouldn't happen. I hope she's right!

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was NML Split Strong 35 Dynamic Stretching & Mobility. This was a really good workout. I will be off work again tomorrow, so I'm hoping that I would be able to get myself online at some point. :D We got some snow last night, and as I was driving toward work this morning, there wasn't anything on the ground. They are getting pounded up north though.

The party was okay, they did have some decent food this year.

Laurel, Nice workouts! I forgot to get in on that deal. Wonder if Jessica will have that price available again. I see that it is $150 now. I have been hitting my forehead a lot for not signing up in a timely manner. :D Has it really been that long that we have been chatting? That is pretty cool, wonder how many threads on this site have been going that long.

Thelma, Love the sound of those workouts! Got to love some 80's music, but I'm sure that you didn't gear up like the 80's vids. :D That is great that your doctors are talking to each other. That should happen more IMO. I will be trying to get my mindset over thinking about turning 60. Of course that means that I will be thinking of retirement more and more.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout wasn’t what I planned, but the sun was out, there was no rain, and it gave me a burst of energy. So I started with Cathe’s live class from this morning which was Sore to the Core. It was a solid 25 minute core workout all on the mat. Not too tough, which will make it a nice add-on when I am looking for longer core workouts. Then I did my semi-annual 90 minute spin. :o I started out on a 75 minute spin, but it felt so good, I added on 15 more minutes. Then I did some yoga and went for a walk. This was the first walk I have been able to take in nearly two weeks and despite being chilly, it was wonderful to be outside. But, by the end, my legs were beginning to talk to me in a not so nice way. So I brought them home. :) It is amazing how just a little sunshine can brighten up the spirit.

Thelma, great workouts. We had rain yesterday from before I got up until after I went to bed with no breaks. It was driving me crazy. I walked across our front lawn today and it is just a mess of water. I am so happy we are in for a break from the rain for sure. I think we have had over 8 inches of rain in the last ten days or so. Just crazy. I think STS 2.0 is due at the end of the first quarter next year, which would be at least two months post-op for you. Cathe never comes in early with her DVDs, so I would say that is the earliest it would be. :D Like Laurie, I am glad your doctors are talking. But isn’t four weeks out from your surgery today?!? :o I am glad you were able to learn that before it got too late!

Laurie, great workout. I am glad the food at the party was good at least. And I am glad your snow did not stick. $150 for Jessica’s digital deal is still a discount, but I would hold off to see if she runs the $99 deal again. I think she probably will….maybe after the New Year. Yes, I will be celebrating my 14th anniversary on MFP next month! I don’t think I joined this thread until about a year later. But I was just a spring chicken then. :D I never go on to the main board anymore to see how much activity is there. I know Cathe’s once active forums are almost dead, and I would imagine there aren’t too many active threads here anymore either. I am glad they have kept the message board open for sure! Enjoy your day off tomorrow.

Laurel