Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,417 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning I did RAW Shadowboxing 1, just because I love it so much. This workout is such a great pace, and I'm able to use my 2# egg weights without feeling like I'm moving to fast for the weight. We had some warmer temps, so funny to have the teens being warm. :D

Laurel, Very nice workouts, and getting out for a walk despite the weather. I'm ready for a vacation, and of course being someplace warm. I know that Al is sometimes in her live workouts isn't he? One of the benefits of DH getting his fitbit, he is moving a lot more. That thing reminds him to get moving, so our basement has been getting some TLC from him. He is going through boxes that we haven't moved since we put them there. I also think that having to deal with all the stuff that his mom & dad accumulated, is making him realize that our dd's shouldn't have to decide what to do with our junk. :D

Thelma, I'm glad that you where able to get in a walking workout. Your choice of yoga sounds great, and I'm sure that Travis will be fun to revisit. It has to be hard not being able to do the workouts, or moves that you would like to.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a 60 minute spin, a stretch and 20 minutes of Pilates. It is cold, foggy and rainy so there will be no walk today unfortunately. I watched the new clip from Cathe on one of the mobility workouts in 2.0. It looks good!

Thelma, nice workout. I am so sorry the hematoma is causing you so many problems. You must be so frustrated. Hopefully you get some answers at your appointment on the 20th. And maybe it will start improving before then. I hope the yoga works for you.

Laurie, great workout. I love using the 2# egg weights when I can. They make punching feel more ‘powerful’ if that makes sense. My DH moves a lot more now that he is wearing a fitness monitor as well. But, sadly, that hasn’t extended to cleaning out the attic. I am glad your DH is making some progress in your basement. Al was showing up in Cathe’s live classes quite a bit right before she filmed this new series (they were probably rehearsing at the time). Outside of that, he is there a couple times a year. And, like I said, he always makes me smile.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,512 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on a very rainy Thursday were Gina B Cardio 80's Hits.
    Jessica Smith Total Body Standing Strength using 1.5lb egg weights and Steady walking workout. It felt great to use the little egg weights. At the end of the workout Jessica did some push-ups and ab work which included crunches. It was a no go for the entire ab routine, so I did the dead bug type of ab work I did during PT.

I am feeling better, and I enjoyed my workouts very much. I am going to continue doing Jessica's strength workouts for now.

I can't believe how much rain we've gotten. I checked the rain gauge at about 6PM on Thursday and since Saturday we'd gotten 1.5 inches of rain. One inch since Wednesday and the rain didn't stop till about midnight. I'll check the gauge in the morning to see how much rain we got. It looks like we'll be getting more rain towards the middle of next week.

I have been incorporating plant-based meals into my diet since last week. It means more cooking because I have to make meat dishes for DH, but I don't mind. Last week my dinners and breakfasts were all plant based. This week I alternated between plant based and a meat dish for my dinners.
    I am going to try a Turkish Shawarma chicken recipe done the skinnytaste way next week. I'm scared because the recipe calls for turmeric and curry. Two spices that we are not used to and may be way to much for our tastebuds and sense of smell. The recipe gets amazing reviews, so I'll give it a try.

After having been eating healthy all week, DH and I are going to one of my favorite Mexican restaurants for dinner on Friday. I feel guilty!

Laurie, what a fun workout! I'm glad you had warmer temps! It is funny how temps in the teens feel warm after being in the single digits.

I think I'll be OK doing Travis' gentle and yin workouts. They really gentle workouts! it is frustrating not being able to do certain moves because I feel the hematoma getting in the way. Hopefully things will get easier. Maybe I just need to arm myself with a good dose of patience.

Laurel, great workout combo!! We had the same weather. It rained non-stop for 24 hours on Thursday. I watched the clip from Cathe's mobility workout, and it looks amazing.

I am beyond frustrated with the hematoma. I want this thing gone like yesterday. The 20th can't get here soon enough. I hope the gentle yoga will work for me too, but I am afraid to try it.

Have a wonderful weekend!
    Thelma

• lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was a workout that I have never done before, it was RAW Cardio Overload #2. This one used the weighted vest, light weights, and egg weights. Everything was done for a minute, and she did cardio, a weight move and then boxing with the egg weight. This one I used the 1# egg weights, because she was punching much faster than the workout yesterday. I started with 8# weights for the weight exercises, but had to go down to 6# on the shoulder moves. ;)

Started out with a temp of -9, but the temperatures are going to be in the 40's by Sunday. I think that Rocket will be a lot happier for those temps. :)

Laurel, Awesome job on the workouts! I also saw the clip from the mobility workout, it really looked great. I'm glad that she is doing those type of workouts. I don't think that my DH wouldn't be doing anything in the basement if he wasn't having to look at the boxes while on the elliptical. :D Another good thing about him exercising. ;) I'm just glad that we are getting rid of things that we have not looked at in years. He found things that he didn't remember even having, so this has been good.

Thelma, Very nice workouts! Glad that you where able to adapt to the dead bug routine for abs. Hopefully the rain will let up for you, sure is a lot. I'm sure that your Indian recipe will be a good one. We had one of the Skinny Taste recipes yesterday, and DH really loved it. It was the One-Pot Orzo with Sausage, Spinach and Corn. It called for chicken Italian sausage, but I used turkey. It I where you I wouldn't feel any guilt about going to the Mexican restaurant.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Cathe’s Step Boss PHA3 and Abs Stacked followed by Shock Cardio Athletic Step. None of these workouts are ones I have ever warmed up to, but it made for a good workout today. I don’t think I have done Athletic Step in 5+ years, and while I had to stop and watch a couple of moves, it was surprising how much of it came back to me. We have blue skies and sunshine so I finished it with a nice walk. B)

Thelma, great job with the workouts! I am glad you are feeling better. What a great way to improvise on the abs as well. I have no idea how much rain we got here, but there were still some huge puddles around when I was walking. It was so nice to see clear skies this morning. It has been a gloomy week. Enjoy the Mexican restaurant and don’t feel a second of guilt.

Laurie, I really like the sound of that workout. I am glad you are going to warm up this weekend. We are supposed to be up to 60 on Sunday. :o That will feel really warm after these cold, wet days. I am glad your DH is using the elliptical. My DH actually got on the spin bike twice this week! He is really good about walking, but I think the variety of movement would benefit him. But I am not going to complain. He has lost 15lbs since Christmas and is doing some activity every day, so it is all good.

Enjoy the weekend.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a great weekend. We had a gorgeous sunny and warm weekend.
    I did a lot of walking and also a Tracy Steen Arms and Cardio workout. I had a really great day on Saturday. The hematoma didn't bother me at all.

We are going to have daytime temps in the low 60's early this week.

The Mexican food was great, and I didn't feel guilty about it once at the restaurant.

I made the Turkish dish called Grilled Chicken Shawarma. It was actually pretty good. It was a little too garlicky for my taste but that was my fault. I added too much garlic. It's served with a yogurt, lemon and garlic sauce, brown rice and cucumbers. I think DH liked it more than I did. I also managed to get him to try the chicken with the sauce. I think it tasted much better with the yogurt sauce. I tasted the curry and turmeric spices, and they were both bitter, so I really worried about the recipe being a total failure. Once I mixed all the spices with olive oil, garlic and lemon juice, it was actually pretty good.

I also made a quinoa recipe with sweet potatoes, raisins, red onions, sunflower seeds and black beans. It is pretty good! I'm going to be making roasted vegetable tacos on Monday for me and a meatloaf for DH.

Laurie, great workout! I love the sounds of it!
    I am glad your temps finally warmed up!
    I've been looking at that One-Pot Orzo with Sausage recipe! I am so glad your DH liked it so much! I always use turkey sausage. I think it tastes better than chicken sausage. I love the Skinny Taste recipes. They are usually pretty tasty.

Laurel, another fantastic workout combo! Good job!

I got over my Mexican food guilt the moment we got to the restaurant! LOL
    I hope you also had the glorious weather we had this weekend!

Have a wonderful week!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Very nice weekend, spent a lot of time in the basement sewing. Our weather was sunny but cold on Saturday, and Sunday it was sunny and warmer. We didn't get into the 40's like they said, but where into the 30's so that wasn't to bad. This week is getting ready for our vacation next week. :D

My workouts this weekend was Saturday walk outdoors, Sunday was RAW Athletic Stretch #2 and this morning was RAW Box & Pump 4. Really enjoyed this morning's workout. She did upper, lower and then boxing move on one side, repeated the body parts and then did the boxing on the other side.

Laurel, Great job with the workouts! I never purchased the Athletic Step workout, just knew that I wouldn't enjoy it. Kelly is the only instructor that I enjoy the step routine, because she really does basic step work. :D For the most part my DH is walking and working on the elliptical. I don't say anything either. Like you, I'm just glad that he is getting his heart pumping.

Thelma, Awesome job with the workout, and of course having no troubles with the hematoma. All the recipes sound great! I'm checking out more and more of them. Sure want to try out the Greek turkey meatballs. I know that I will like them, and I'm sure that DH would be fine. He is getting better and better at trying different things.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I hope you enjoyed the weekend. Ours was good. Saturday was spent running errands and yesterday was spent on the golf course. We also got nice walks in both days. Our weather wasn’t quite as warm as they were predicting with a high of 50 on Saturday (and clouds) and mid-50s yesterday (with wind), but today is mid-60s and sunny. I have all of the windows open in the house. So nice.

For workouts, on Saturday I did a Jessica Smith 3 mile walk and 45 minutes of yoga. Yesterday was a fun 45 minute spin into Cathe Live Leg Day. Today was STS Disc 22/Chest, Shoulders and Triceps followed by Cathe Live Fitness Fusion.

Thelma, great workouts! I am so glad you were feeling better this weekend. I hope the hematoma continues to improve. I am very glad you enjoyed your meal at the Mexican restaurant. All of the meals you are making sound so good. I am going through one of my ‘I really don’t feel like cooking’ phases right now, so I should probably pay a visit to the Skinny Taste site for some inspiration. Finding new recipes usually helps knock me out of my rut.

Laurie, great workouts. The one you did this morning sounds pretty unique in its format. I am sorry it didn’t get as warm there as predicted there, but it sounds like you spent the weekend in a nice way. I bet you are looking forward to next week!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Monday were Gina B Latin Party, walking and a Tracy Steen no equipment leg workout. The hematoma was acting up today. Not bad but it felt tender.

We had another beautiful day here today.

The roasted veggie tacos dish turned out to be delicious! I could totally eat that very often. I'm already planning the meals for next week! I'll be making a new recipe called Garlic Shrimp in Coconut Milk, Tomatoes and Cilantro next week.

I have a routine rheumatology appointment tomorrow, so it will be a long day and a lite workout day. We will hit Publix while were there too.

I don't know if you read Cathe's email update on STS 2.0. It sounds like they've made a lot of progress I like that she's telling us everything that is involved in making these videos. It's a lot of work! I also watched the mini ball workout video clip she posted. Great stuff!

Laurie, I'm glad you had a nice weekend. I can't believe your vacation is just around the corner! How exciting!

Great workout! I love the sound of that RAW workout!
    I love Gina's Skinny Taste recipes. They are usually tasty. I always taste the food before adding more salt. She always uses kosher salt in her recipes, and I read today that she uses the Diamond Crystal brand. Apparently, it has less sodium than other kosher salt brands. I believe that because I always find that if I add more salt at the end as she suggests at times, it would be way too salty.
    I'm glad your DH is getting better at trying new things. I told DH yesterday that I was making something we were not used and that we needed a plan B just in case it was total failure. LOL. I still can't believe he ate the yogurt sauce!
    Those Greek turkey meatballs sound great.

Laurel, I am glad you had a nice weekend. I am glad your temps finally warmed up into the 60's!

Great workouts!

The hematoma was acting up today. Hopefully it will be better tomorrow.
    I hope you take a look at the skinny taste recipes. I highly recommend the Pollo Sabroso (delicious chicken). It's a very simple recipe and it was well with a nice salad. I don't know if you've ever used Sazon. It's a Spanish spice made by Goya. As far as I know it's used in Puerto Rican and Dominican cuisine.
    If you like Mediterranean food The Mediterranean Dish website is pretty good.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma

• lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Getting some warmer temps, and the snow is melting. While on our walk this morning we smelled skunk. Didn't think that they where out yet, but with the warmer weather I'm sure they are going to venture out. My workout this morning was RAW Heavy Bag 1. I used my 1# egg weights, because she was moving fast with the punches.

Laurel, Sounds like a very nice weekend when you can get outdoors. Awesome workouts! I go through that phase with cooking. Probably because I'm the one that has to think of something everyday. I'm very much looking forward to getting out of the cold. Need some sunshine on my skin. We will be visiting with our friends that moved down there, and of course doing some touristy things. We will be going to the Daytona 500 again. Can't believe that it has been 10 years since the last time we went to that race.

Thelma, Nice workouts! Glad that the taco recipe worked out. Interesting about the salt, who would think that salt isn't the same no matter what the process. I have not looked at the latest video, but will be taking a peak at some point today. I have always loved Puerto Rican rice. I had a friend that would make it for parties. It was hard to not have many many servings. :D

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was STS Disc 23/Legs, a Tabata spin, STS Stability Ball Abs and 20 minutes of lower body yoga. It is a beautiful day with temperatures near 70, so I finished it off with a nice walk. The sunshine and warmth felt SO good.

Thelma, great workouts. I hope all goes well with your appointment today. I am sorry the hematoma was acting up again, though. Hopefully you start getting more good days than not so good days. Thank you for the recipe recommendations. I don’t think I have ever cooked Saxon rice. I will have to look into that. I think my rut is due to the fact DH went on Nutrisystems again about a month ago, so I am cooking for myself. I find it easy to pair a simple protein and carb with a big fresh garden salad and call it dinner. :) No doubt I could stand to add a little more variety to my meals so that I actually enjoy them. :) I saw the update a new video from Cathe as well. I am looking forward to these workouts more each day for sure.

Laurie, great workout. Your workout made me think about a heavy bag. Have you looked into one yet? I looked and I think I am not going to do it. The footprint is just a little bigger than I expected it to be, and I am kind of in the mindset that I have lasted this long without, so why change? But let me know if you get one, because I would love to hear your thoughts on it. I was wondering if you might be going to Florida for Daytona. That should be so much fun. Like I told Thelma, DH is on Nutrisystems again, so I am cooking for one. Since cooking has never been a hobby I have enjoyed, I am incredibly lazy when it comes to cooking just for me. B)

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, Tuesday was a very long and exhausting day, but my appointment went well, and the rheumatologist was happy with my labs. I may even be able to take medication 'vacation' in the summertime.

I managed to get three 1/2-hour walking sessions in, but it was a struggle. I can't believe how exhausted I was.

We hit Publix after my appointment. I had a long list and DH wanted to go to the supermarket while I went to my appointment. I told him we needed to do it together and once we finished with our food shopping, he agreed that I needed to do the shopping myself. LOL
    I found an item I needed for a recipe and now I can't find the recipe to save my life!

Laurie, great workout! I'm glad you're getting warmer temps. Do skunks hibernate in the winter?
    I'm so glad you'll be visiting your friends that moved to FL and that you'll be going to the Daytona 500 again!

I had no idea about different kosher salts could have less salty than others either.
    Are you talking about the yellow Puerto Rican rice with some kind of bean? I used to have a friend many moons ago who made that rice, and it was delicious. I've never made it myself though. It's called arroz with gandules, which are called pigeon peas in English. I just googled it! LOL
    Rice is such a big part of Latin American cuisine. I love rice but can't make the fun stuff because DH thinks he'll get fat if he eats rice! So now we only eat brown rice.

Laurel, what a great workout combo! Good job!

I hope I start getting more good days with this hematoma. I can't wait to find out the results of the CT scan next week. I'm still afraid to try yoga again.

I can understand now why you're in a cooking rut.
    I don't know if the Puerto Rican rice Laurie is talking about uses Sazon. I highly recommend taking a look at the skinny taste recipes for yourself and they will be good for your DH once he decides to stop the Nytrisystem foods.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was a workout that is newer to the RAW channel. The workout was Hi/Lo Sculpt. I opted for doing some of the hi impact, and some lo. Kelly was doing the workout low impact, and her friend Kat was doing the high. It was a good workout, but I think that the next time I try it, the weighted vest will be put on and I will do all low impact. ;)

Laurel, Nice workouts! Oh those stability ball abs. :s I have always been curious about what I would eat if I didn't have to factor in what DH likes to eat. I know for sure it would be a lot of chicken/turkey, eggs and fish. It has only been recent that DH was okay with eating salmon, so now I try different items on him once in a while. He doesn't like legumes, but I love them. If I make anything with beans, he will try to pick them out. The Goya brand has a lot of different seasonings, and they have some good recipes on their site. I have not purchased the bag/stand yet. Planning on getting it after our vacation. I like this one, and it has good reviews. https://target.com/p/everlast-platinum-nevatear-heavy-bag-kit-with-hanger-off-white-60lbs/-/A-83663524?ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=google_pla_df_free_local&CPNG=Sports&adgroup=82-2
    I don't need anything special, so this one fits my needs.

Thelma, Sorry to hear that you have been so tired. Glad to hear that all went so well with the rheumatologist, that had to lift your spirits quite a bit. Great job with doing those walks! I did think that skunks hibernated, but apparently they only go into a deep sleep when it is very cold out. Since we had temps in the 40's during the daytime, I'm sure that skunk was really happy to get out and find some food. Yes the pigeon peas, never knew what they where called. I don't know the Asian culture eats a lot of rice, and for the most part they are very slim. :D I love rice!

Have a great day!
    Laurie

• StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was STS Disc 24/Back and Biceps, Cardio Kicks and 20 minutes of Pilates. I haven’t done Cardio Kicks in years, and I had so much fun with it today. I also got in a nice walk since it is still warm, though cloudy today.

Thelma, I am sorry the day was so exhausting but I am glad your appointment went well. You make a good point that I should be trying out healthy recipes right now so when DH transitions out of Nutrisystems, I have some more lined up. He is going to be gone quite a bit coming up, so maybe I will use that time to try some recipes. I think I am avoiding cooking in part because he is eating these tiny little meals and I don’t want the whole house smelling good and giving him cravings. :)

Laurie, sounds like a good workout. Thank you SO much for the link to that bag. The stand available to buy with it is much smaller (by 18” :o ) than one is was looking at from Dick’s Sporting Goods. This one I could handle in my room much better. So now I am thinking about it again!! I eat pretty differently when I am not cooking for DH. We aren’t huge meat eaters, but I eat even less when I am cooking for myself. But I also have a tendency to come up with weird combinations of foods that I would never serve anybody but myself. I call them my ‘whatever I grab from the freezer is dinner’ meals. :D

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I woke up full of energy today. What a difference a day makes!
    My workouts on Wednesday were Walking Outdoors, Gina B's 3000 Steps and Tracy Steen No Repeat Legs and Abs. I had to modify the ab portion of Tracy's workout. She did a thread the needle stretch at the end and that is not good for the hematoma. It bothered me when I went to the yoga class too. Bummer!

Wednesday started a little rainy but it warmed up into the low 60's.

Laurie, great workout! That bag stand is nice!!
    Too bad your DH doesn't like legumes! It's kind of weird to be eating a different meal than DH at dinner time these days, but I definitely want to incorporate more vegetarian dishes into my diet.

My rheumatology visit really lifted my spirits. I love that woman. She is so kind and caring.
    Interesting that skunks go into a deep sleep when it's cold. I am sure they must be very hungry when they wake up.
    I had no idea gandules were called pigeon peas in English either. It's been decades since I last ate that rice, so I can't remember what the beans taste or look like. I love rice too. Asians eat a lot of rice, but they also eat a lot of vegetables. I doubt they eat a lot of fried stuff.

Laurel, great workouts! I'm glad you enjoyed the cardio kicks workout so much!

Good idea to try the new recipes while your DH is out of town. It occurred to me that maybe you should try finding the equivalent of your DH's Nutrisystem meals in the skinny taste website and make those. People use Gina's recipes to lose weight. The website is connected to Weight Watchers. I know that people always ask what the WW points are, but I had never looked for the points until last night. There is a button on the recipes that takes you to the WW website, but you must be a member. She does give you nutritional values. Clearly Nutrisystem is about portion control, so he will need to stick to smaller portions of whatever he eats after that diet. Maybe you'll have to measure his portions. Whenever I was dieting DH would always weigh my raw meat portions before cooking or freezing to make sure I was eating the right amount of meat. DH is in charge of cutting raw meats. I can't stand handling raw meat with my hands. It's weird because I used to do it.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma

• lvnascar
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was RAW Box & Barre. I'm not a big fan of barre work, so this one is always fun to do when I know that I should get something in. I like the fact that the punching works the core. I used my 2# egg weights, and had ankle weights on for the barre work.

Laurel, Great job on the workouts! I also have not done Cardio Kicks in a long time. If I would try it again, I probably would have to take it down to low impact. :D I'm glad that I could help you with the bag, and possibly spending your money. :D I know that I couldn't do anything with a really wide base either. I was happy to see that it had good reviews, and wasn't very expensive. I know that I won't be using it for kicking so didn't need the super heavy bag. Probably will have to put a weight on the bottom, because the bag will move when it's punched. Kelly has one that is similar, and hers moves if she doesn't have a weight tied to the bottom of the bag.

Thelma, Love the workouts! It has to be a bit frustrating not being able to do everything in the workouts. It is all about the portion control for sure. I did see that she always includes the WW points. I have never used their system, but I know someone who goes to the meetings. She has lost a lot of weight since she started. No sweets for her, so I know that I would have a hard time with that. :D Sometimes I just need to have something. ;)

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a tough but doable HiiT and Hills spin followed by Cathe’s live class from last week which was Core Flow Express. What a great workout that was. It was kind of a yoga/Pilates/core fusion. At 27 minutes, it’s a great add-on to my spin days for sure.

Thelma, I am glad you got your energy back! I am sorry about the hematoma is still bothering you, though. DH has a serious problem with portion control and he knows it. That is why he opts for Nutrisystems when he diets. I cook pretty healthy and don’t give him huge portions for dinner, so there is really very little I can do to help him because I am not there when he is eating lunch or snacking during the day at work. Thankfully he is aware this is all on him to figure out, but I try to be as supportive as I can. He seems very committed right now, and that makes me happy. But I am definitely going to look up some new recipes, and I like the idea of trying to duplicate some of the meals he is eating right now. There are times when I think I would prefer his dinner to mine because some of their meals do look good. :)

Laurie, sounds like a great workout. I think I might start liking barre if it included more boxing. :D Thank you for the suggestion of putting a weight on the bottom of the bag to keep it from moving. I was wondering about that. I will only be using it for punching as well, so I am not too worried about it moving around a whole lot. I was surprised I got through all of the impact on Cardio Kicks! I think I shy away from it because it always seemed so high impact, but it really is pretty modifiable. It is so dated, but also so much fun.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Thursday were Tracy Steen No Jumping, All Standing Cardio HIIT, Walking Outdoors and Tracy Steen Sexy Arms Fast Blast. The cardio workout was a sweatfest and it is the most strenuous workout I've done since my surgery. The hematoma didn't bother me during the workout, but it started throbbing a couple of hours later. It wasn't bad at all though. It seems that what really bothers me are twisting motions like tread the needle. I do feel like I had a bit of a breakthrough moment by being able to do Tracy's cardio workout.

It's been four weeks since I had my surgery. I can't believe it's only been four weeks! It sure feels longer than that. I go for a CT Scan on Monday.

Laurie, sounds like a great workout! Good job!

It really is frustrating not being able to do everything in a workout.
    WW is a good diet. I did it years ago and it did help. I do like sweets too and I am not going to give them up completely.

I don't know when you're leaving for FL, but just in case let me wish you a wonderful vacation!

Laurel, great workouts! Good job! I read that Cathe will be back doing the live workouts either next week or the week after.

Portion control is key to any diet. Your DH would have to pack all the food he eats at work to be able to stick to the right portions and foods.
    I am sure he appreciates how supportive you are of him and his diets. Every time I find a recipe that I think we would like I save the link in a draft email. The list list is pretty long now! LOL

I really think you'll be able to find some pretty tasty recipes that both and your DH will love. Another website i like is Laughing Spatula
    https://laughingspatula.com/

Have a wonderful weekend ladies!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Fit Tower Total Body, Step Moves, STS Yoga-based Abs and 10 minutes of yoga focused on the lower body. I think I have only done that Fit Tower workout 2 or 3 times because I find all of the equipment changes and bar changes and such a little irritating, but it felt like a really good workout today. I think if I did it more often and was more familiar with what is coming up, I might actually learn to enjoy the workout.

Thelma, great workouts! I bet it felt good to push yourself a bit more. I am sorry the hematoma let you know about that later on, but I am glad it wasn’t too bad. I hope your CT scan on Monday gives you some answers. Thank you for the Laughing Spatula link. That looks like a great site. I will be honest….I am not quite sure my DH will ever be able to master portion sizes. I know that sounds bad, but he seems to think he is still a teenager playing football and not a 57 yo man with a sedentary job. B) But at least he has been consistently active for a few years now, which helps. And maybe I can help him maintain his weight better this time than I did the last time he was on Nutrisystems, which was right before we moved to Alaska. There was just too much going on then. :)

Laurie, I hope you have a wonderful vacation.

Enjoy the weekend!!

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a good weekend. Ours was busy with house chores and spa weekend for the dogs and cats.

We got a lot of rain from Saturday night into Sunday afternoon. It was also a pretty windy and cold Sunday.

I think the hematoma has finally started to go down in size! Early last week I felt that it was the same size but on Friday all of a sudden it felt smaller. I can't wait to hear what the CT scan says about its size.

My workouts on Friday were two walking sessions.
    Saturday - Walking and Jessica Smith Power Walking workout.
    Sunday - walking and Tracy Steen Full Body Strength. I've graduated to 3 lb dumbbells and I hope to go up to 5 lb dumbbells next week.

Laurel, great workouts! I also find the Fit Tower workouts irritating because of the bar changes. I don't think I could ever learn to like those workouts.

The only way your DH would learn about portion control is by cooking and plating his own measured meals. Thank goodness he is staying active!
    I think it would be very helpful for you to find out what his allowed caloric daily intake is and the portion allocation for the different food groups.
    When I diet, I make sure that what goes on plate is portioned per the diet. If I have rice, I make sure I use a measuring cup for my serving. I'm pretty sure you'll be able to support him better this time around.

Have a great week!
    Thelma