Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,807 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Low Max followed by Core Max 2 and Stretch Max with the resistance band. That latter workout felt really good. It seems all this change up in strength training styles is leaving me a bit more sore than usual, which I guess is a good thing. :)

Thelma, great workouts. I am glad you were able to spend some time with friends enjoying the nice weather. Today I was tending to our tomato plants and noticed a little tomato on another plant! It seems so early. I was also able to pick a handful of fresh raspberries from our plant for the first time, and it is a few years old. But, unfortunately, no signs of buds on the hydrangeas yet. We fed them again this weekend, so I still live with hope we may get some blooms. I’m with you on the AC. While I don’t need it during the day, I certainly do at night.

Laurie, great workouts. I hope you can find a program that works for both you and your DH after you finish this rotation. But I hear you on needing change. I think after all of my months on STS workouts, this changing every week is adding new life to my workouts for sure. Sometimes change is good. And, yes, I got Kick Max out of the way first because it’s Kick Max. I think the real question is if I am going to attempt IMAX 3 on Thursday. If I do, it will be on a 4” step and modified. I still think that is one of Cathe’s toughest cardio workouts, if not the toughest. Our neighbors peony is red and so beautiful. I think I would prefer a yellow or something brighter than red. But as you say, I have some time to decide.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,551 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, my workouts on Tuesday were XTrain Hard Strikes with boxing gloves, Yin Yoga and Walking. It felt great to Hard Strikes with the boxing gloves on. My arm felt normal and by that, I mean as if I'd not had my shoulder and bicep repaired.

Laurie, great workouts!

I think you might be stuck with Caroline. Heather Robertson offers previews too, but I don't know if she has rotations. I'm sure you'll find something your DH will enjoy. I think that if you want to do Cathe workouts, you'll have to preview them to decide.
    I'm glad the warm house is tolerable. The sun hits the glass walls side of the house in the late afternoon, and it gets very hot in the house.

Laurel, great workouts! Sounds like the workouts you're doing are shocking your muscles, which is a good thing!

It seems early for tomatoes, but we're in the south and it's the second half of May. How exciting about the raspberries, those seem early. Not all hydrangeas bloom early. Maybe yours are summer bloomers? I am really excited about my hydrangea topiary. I can't wait to see those flowers. I haven't had luck with colored hydrangeas here. The white ones I have, I've not been able to change their color, with the proper food. The colored ones we bought have died.
    The AC is definitely a must have at night.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

We had some crazy thunderstorms and wind last night, at least that is what DH said. I slept through all of it. :o Woke up to a blinking clock. We got in Iron Day 16 Hamstrings, lots of hip thrusts and RDL's in this one. But of course she really worked the hamstrings good. This morning was a new instructor for me, Olivia Larson and I did a Walking Metabolic Workout. It was a fairly good workout, and I got in about half my needed step count in this morning.

Laurel, Awesome workouts! I really enjoy Low Max, but it is a long one. I did forget the Imax 3 is in that series. I'm impressed that you are attempting it even with modifications. I can tell that you are enjoying your venture into the picking these series for you week of workouts. I of course vote for the yellow peony, it really is so pretty. Of course all of them are so pretty, that I want them all. :D

Thelma, Great workouts! I love that your shoulder/bicep felt normal. Love that you used your boxing gloves for the HardStrikes workout. You both are making me want to revisit some workouts, with modifications of course. DH likes Caroline, so that makes me want to stick with one of her rotations. With what he said yesterday, he is interested in trying one of her other rotations. I'm sure that when we get to the cardio parts we just modify. I just tell him to do what he can, and then modify. He was having problems with the one leg hip thrust. Just told him to try doing one leg, and if you can't go to using two.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a 20 minute spin into Gym Style Legs. I like this lower body workout, but it really is an example of Cathe doing way too many reps at times. B) They are like the sets that never end. But, thankfully, the weight is light so still doable-(ish). :D

Thelma, great workout! I am amazed that you were able to use gloves for that Hard Strikes workout. That is wonderful. I know this sounds crazy, but since it has been two years since one of our hydrangeas bloomed, I don’t remember its blooming season. And our other hydrangea—which is supposed to be blue—has never bloomed. So I am a bit at a loss on our hydrangeas. But, again, at least the plants are healthy.

Laurie, great workouts. I love the advice you are giving your DH. I struggle with some single legs exercises some days, and have found that using two legs works well for those days for sure. As I always think about it—doing something is better than doing nothing. I really am enjoying this weekly surprise rotation I have going on. I pulled the Ripped With HiiT series out for next week and am looking forward to a series with fewer reps, shorter workouts and more low impact options than I have had this week. :) I am glad you stayed safe in that storm. There are just an unbelievably scary number of violent and destructive storms going on this spring.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi ladies, my workouts on Wednesday were Hatha Yoga and walking.

I made the SD banana bread again; this time I added frozen blueberries and sugar free white chocolate chips. DH loved it! He had two servings and kept saying how good it was.

Our forecast is calling for thunderstorms for the next three days. Hopefully, we'll get some rain.

Laurie, great workouts! Hopefully the power outage just a short one. Great job telling your DH how to modify.

I kept waiting for my shoulder to speak to me during the Hard Strikes workout, but it didn't.
    I think it would be easier to stick with Caroline for the next rotation. At least you know he likes Caroline. Didn't you start him with some of Cathe's workouts and he didn't like them?

Laurel, great workouts! Those high rep workouts can be hard.

With all the cold weather in MA our hydrangeas always bloomed. I don't understand why they're being so delicate here.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

These heavy weight workouts are tough on the body, so by Thursday/Friday I'm ready for some stretching. Yesterday was Iron Day 17 Upper Body. I totally enjoyed this style. She didn't do any specific exercise for triceps and biceps. The format was two sets of a heavy weight exercise and then tricep dips. DH does have wrist issues, so I had him do lying tricep extensions. We have been doing those in these workouts, so he is familiar with them. This morning I did a stretching workout with Heather Robertson.

I'm off tomorrow, so don't know if I will be online or not. DH indicated that Friday he was doing what he wants to do. I told him that's why I took the day off also. :D

Laurel, I did get a giggle about the sets that never end. :D Great job with the workouts! One thing that we are still struggling with for DH are the hip thrusts. He didn't like laying on the floor doing them, and the bench wasn't comfortable. We will keep trying different things, and maybe some of the issues with lying on the floor was because he wasn't familiar with the move. Maybe he should try it again now that he knows what he should be feeling during the exercise. I'm super thankful for having Cathe and Kelly as my instructors. I find myself giving information just like they do. :D I have a blue hydrangea and in our area it blooms in September. Crossing my fingers that yours decided to bloom this year.

Thelma, Love the workouts! You are really rocking the baking also! Glad to hear that your DH is enjoying it too. I'm for sure getting in some baking over the next four days. I agree with you on the Caroline workouts. I think that Fuel might be our next venture. From what I'm reading it appears to be higher rep, and she uses lower weights. It will be a nice change of pace from lifting heavy. I'm sure that when it gets to the HiiT workouts, we both can modify.

Have a great weekend!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was IMAX 3, Core Max 1 and Stretch Max No Equipment. I am very happy that I made it through IMAX 3. It was tough even on the 4” platform, and I modified a couple of moves because of the impact, but all in all, it went better than I expected. But I also know that when I start weaning my DVDs because I can no longer do them, this will be the first on the list. But today wasn’t that day, thankfully.

Thelma, great workouts. Your bread sounds so good. You can’t go wrong with that blend of flavors. We have storms in our forecast as well, and I hope we get the rain. It is amazing how dry things become when there are these warm temperatures and just a few days without moisture. I am getting concerned we are in for another dry summer like last year, but this year is predicted to be warmer. Not a good combo for somebody who fears fires like me.

Laurie, great workout. I bet that stretch felt good. You have really been doing great with the twice a day workouts ever since you started with your DH. I wish I had a good recommendation for hip thrusts. I suppose he could stand, use a band, and do a rear leg lift—you know, the kind where you hold on to a chair and have a band around your ankle and lift the leg back straight or with the band around the foot at a 90 degree angle and pushing back. Or maybe even pizza presses if his wrists can handle that. But that’s all I can think of at the moment. Hope you enjoy your day off!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi ladies, my workouts on Thursday were walking and STS 2.0 Body Parts Shoulders. I think I need to do this workout at least twice a week. It showed me a few weaknesses with my surgery arm.

We had a short thunderstorm, but no rain. Maybe on Friday. I did hear that our best chances of rain will be Monday.

I am so excited! I made Ciabatta rolls and they came out pretty good. This is DH's favorite bread for dinner. I found a super easy discard recipe. DH was really excited about the rolls. He's thrilled that I am making all these tasty things with sourdough. My next goody will be making burger rolls.

DH and I had planned to go out to dinner to a county south of BR on Friday, but he remembered it's a holiday weekend and the unofficial start of Summer. Traffic coming to BR will be insane.

Laurie, great workouts! I agree that those heavy weight workouts are tough on the body. Good idea to do a stretch workout. How was Heather's workout?

Great idea to take Friday off for the long weekend.

I never imagined that I would enjoy baking so much. I have a half a boule cold fermenting so we can have SD grilled sandwiches for dinner. I fed my starter on Wednesday, and I read that feeding it a couple of dry feedings would make it take off, so I did, and it did! Wow! it had more than doubled in two hours.
    I think Fuel will be a great choice for you guys. I would highly recommend doing someone else's Hiit workouts if Caroline's are too hard. I did that because she does some crazy things in those workouts. Tracy Steen has some nice low impact Hiit workouts.

Laurel, great workouts! Great job with that step workout!
    I am also getting concerned about the lack of rain. I keep checking the drought monitor map and so far, we're OK. I hope we'll get some rain this weekend. At least today it wasn't hot here. Fires are one of my biggest fears. I pray for rain every day.

Have a wonderful long weekend!
    Thelma

• StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout ended my Hardcore series week. It was Gym Style Back, Shoulders and Biceps, the core work from High Step Challenge and a super fun 30 minute spin. I really enjoyed the workouts this week, but I am also happy I only did them for a week. :)

Thelma, great workouts. That 2.0 shoulder workout is so good. Once again, your baking sounds amazing. Ciabatta rolls are some of our favorites as well. I am still resisting a starter because I love bread so much, I think I would be 200lbs in no time with one. B) We had no rain here yesterday, but some chance today. And then nothing until Monday. I would love more rain that this since everything is still in its growing stage. But, alas, I don’t control the weather. ;) I hope you aren’t too inundated with tourists this weekend.

Enjoy the long weekend!

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi ladies, I hope you had a great weekend. Ours was good and as always busy. I decided to do some deep cleaning even though I knew that both biceps were irritated from the Body Parts shoulder workout. I was vacuuming with our heavy Dyson and decided to vacuum walls with the long hose. Pet hair sticks to logs! That hose it's like wrestling a python! My shoulders were not happy, and I spent the weekend freaking out over them. I finally had DH hook me up to the ice therapy machine and that helped. My shoulders are back to normal, thankfully. I learned that just because I'm supposed to be able to increase my weights by a pound a week, my shoulders can't handle it yet. Before my surgery I felt that both shoulders needed surgery. My left bicep is the area of concern. It has started to act up again, but ice is helping. I've gone down in weight on my shoulder work because I can't even handle 5# in some shoulder exercises. I'm Ok with that. I'm OK if I can never lift more than 4# for shoulders as long as they are healthy.
    Like I said last week the Body Parts Shoulder exercise revealed some weaknesses and I'm working on correcting them.

We surprisingly got 2.6 inches of rain! 1 inch on Saturday morning and 1.6 on Monday morning. Thank God because our chances of rain for the next 10 days are looking pretty slim.

My workouts on Friday were walking, Gentle Flow Yoga and Tracy Steen Standing Abs.
    Saturday - walking and housework!
    Sunday - walking and mobility
    Monday - walking, Hot YinYasa Yoga and STS 2.0 Body Parts Shoulders.

We decided to make pulled pork sandwiches on Sunday and discovered that we didn't have burger buns. Locals just don't go out on holiday weekends. It's a zoo, so I made us sourdough discard buns. They came out pretty good.
    I'm all baked out!

Laurel, great workouts! I'm glad you enjoyed your workouts last week!

I hear you on having bread around the house. I usually buy a sourdough loaf and have DH vacuum pack it and we freeze it in separate bags. Thankfully the things I've baked have been mostly for DH, who is very disciplined about his portions.
    I did go crazy with the first boule I made though, which scared the heck out of me. I made 1/2 boule recipe on Thursday, and we still have half of it. Today I discovered that I could cut very thin slices of it with my bow knife. I can freeze the rest of it. I don't understand how all those SD influencers are not fat. They obviously don't eat the bread! Some of the women in the SD groups do eat the bread and they keep on baking all kinds of goodies. They're starting to talk about their weight gain!

The town was inundated with tourists as expected, and from now on all weekends will be like that.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    edited May 28
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

We had a productive, rainy, cold with some sunshine weekend. :D The productive part was getting the plants I purchased in the dirt. Friday was the only day that it didn't rain, so that was the productive day. Every day after that was dogging the rain. Saturday we took the 442 out on it's maiden drive (rebuilt engine). We went to a drive in, and that was so busys. The drive home was a bit cold, so glad that we went early. On Sunday we went to visit the oldest, so got some Grandma time in. I spent a lot of time sewing, since the weather seemed to work well for that. :D

Workouts where nothing on Friday, that was our planting/weeding day. Saturday was Iron Day 19 Full Body, Sunday was an off day and Monday Iron Day 20 Arms, Abs & Core. This morning I tried the workouts that Caroline puts into her descriptions of add-ons. I did a 20 Min. Bulgarian Split Squat Workout (bodyweight), and Unwind Full Body Stretch.

Laurel, Awesome job with the workouts and getting through Imax 3. Sure can understand the feeling of one week and done. Thanks for the recommendations for the hip thrusts. Our workout tonight is glutes, so I'm sure that there will be some of the hip thrusts in this one. I think that it is just a matter of him practicing the move. I will have to investigate where he is having the major problem with this move tonight. Since I got in the Bulgarian lunges this morning, it won't hurt me to miss a few hip thrusts. ;)

Thelma, Great job with your workouts. Dang on the vacuum and your shoulder. Glad to hear that you are adapting to make sure that your shoulders are not injured. You really have been doing a great job with your baking. I made a cake and bread this weekend also. The weather was perfect for it, and now I get to enjoy the bread for the rest of this week. We have had so much rain. When I was pulling weeds, I was having to deal with mud. This is something that doesn't happen around here all that much. We even had tornado warnings on Sunday. Thanks for the Tracy Steen recommendation for HiiT.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I hope you enjoyed the long weekend. We did. On Saturday, we decided to rebuild our platform under our bird feeders by replacing paver stones and making a bigger base since we keep adding feeders. :) I also planted a couple flowering plants, which makes the backyard look a little more complete. Sunday was yard work for DH while I, like Thelma this weekend, decided to deep clean the house. And yesterday was errands and me planting more flowers in the front garden. :D We spent a lot of yesterday relaxing on the deck, though, because we were awakened at 3:00am by screaming phones followed the neighborhood tornado siren going off. Not fun. We had no damage, but I think we had the longest (about 2 hours) and most unbelievable lightening storm I have ever seen. But, again, no damage for us thankfully.

For workouts, on Saturday I did Cathe Live Box and Burn followed by Peloton yoga. Sunday was a 30 minute spin into RWH HiiT Circuit Lower Body. Monday was RWH Chest, Shoulders and Triceps and Core One followed by RWH Low Impact HiiT 2. And today was a 60 minute spin followed by the Perfect 30 Extended Stretch.

Thelma, great workouts. I am sorry your shoulders didn’t like the cleaning, though. I am glad the ice machine helped. I think you have a wonderful attitude with less weight is good as long as the shoulders are healthy. That really is the key at this time of life for sure. I’m sorry about the tourists. That has to be so frustrating at times.

Laurie, great workouts. And, yes, I think you will be fine if you miss a few hip thrusts tonight after doing Bulgarian squats. I am glad you got a chance to see your grandson. It sounds like you had quite the storms as well. Hopefully things dry up and bit soon.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi ladies, I'm glad you both had good weekends! My workouts on Tuesday were walking, Yin Yoga and STS 2.0 Body Parts Legs.

Laurie, I'm glad you got some Grandma time! Good job getting those plants in the ground before the rain.
    I hope your DH was happy with his new and improved 442 performance on the road.

Good job with those workouts! Are you guys going to take a deloading week after you finish Iron?

I have to make sure I keep these shoulders healthy. I'm sure I will eventually gain more strength. I just have to be patient about it.
    Good job getting some baking done too! I have no intentions of baking this week at all. Maybe I'll make something next week.
    You really have been getting a lot of rain lately.

Laurel, great workouts and good job doing all that yard work. I'm sure your yard looks fabulous. I love that you took some time to relax too.
    OMG, what a scary lightning storm! I am glad you didn't have any damages.

I was looking forward to increasing my weights, but my body isn't ready. I will listen to my body to prevent further injuries. I am doing yoga, cardio and lifting baby weights, so it's not like I'm not getting any exercise. The tourist's invasion on the weekend can be frustrating. We just have to make sure to get what we need from stores no later than 5PM on Fridays.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

What a ride home from work! We had rain again yesterday. I was able to get to my car in between rain storms. The drive was a mix of torrential rain/hail followed by nothing. I got out to our area and it was dry. I stopped at Michael's for some batting, and then driving home torrential rain again. I'm just happy that I was able to dodge the rain when walking to and from my car. :D

Our workout last night didn't have any hip thrusts, just lots of lunges and the dreaded step ups. I didn't use a 20" step like Caroline, but she took it low and slow. Not going to label Iron Day 21 Legs as a favorite, just because of those step ups. :D This morning I did Caroline's 10 Min. Weighted Abs (loved this one), and then followed that up with Michelle Briehler's 15 min. Full Body Stretch. I enjoy Michelle's stretching vs. Caroline's. Stretching is just something that needs someone talking.

Laurel, Very scary storm that you went through. Getting woke up that early in the morning, makes the heart race. Love how your outdoor space is coming together. Now that both of you did deep cleaning, guess that I will have to get on that soon. :) Not a chore that I enjoy for sure, but something that needs to be done. Awesome job with all your workouts! I don't think that we are getting any rain today, but you never know. :D

Thelma, Nice workouts! The 442 runs like a dream, and sounded great. For years there was a vacuum leak that over the years got a bit noisy. It was so quiet. DH was very happy. I was thinking of doing something between these two rotations, it would really benefit DH to get some more flexibility/balance work. Maybe a week of learning yoga. ;) That will work our core also. For sure we have been very soggy this past month. I'm sure that we will have lots of mosquitos this summer because of it.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was RWH LIHI Legs into RWH HiiT Circuit Upper Body. I did the latter workout with the abs mixed into the main workout, and that made this combo very doable because the core work gave me a break from the full-on cardio it would have been otherwise. Good stuff.

Thelma, great workouts. Cathe has been doing more interaction with people on Instagram recently, and somebody recently asked how her shoulder was doing. She says she has full range of motion but is still working on getting the strength back…..and she has over a year head start on you in recovery. So I think you are doing amazing where you are at. You are getting plenty of activity AND being smart. That’s a win-win. :)

Laurie, yikes on the rain storm. I am glad you were able to stay dry, but that doesn’t sound like a good trip home. I particularly hate driving in hail, in large part because of the noise. I am always afraid a window is going to break. :# I used to be so disciplined when it came to deep cleaning the house, but now I only really do it when something starts driving me crazy…..and I was at that point this weekend. I am hoping to do more over the next few weeks because DH will be gone for the bulk of June. But I may spend my time on more fun hobbies instead. :D I’m excited because DHs work partner and his wife are expecting their first baby, so I have a reason to make a baby blanket, which will be my first in a few years. They may get two. ;)

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi ladies, my workouts on Wednesday were walking, Hatha Yoga and STS 2.0 Body Parts Biceps.

Laurie, great workouts! How did your DH feel about the step ups?
    I agree that with stretching you need to be talked through it.
    I can't believe how much rain you've had! I hated those torrential rain commutes. You just can't see much in front of you. The mosquito population will be bad for you.

I'm glad you're both happy with the improved 442!
    I think it's a great idea to find a good beginner's yoga program for that deloading week.
    I just searched for yoga for beginners' day 1 and quite a few programs came up. It's a matter of taking the time to watch some of them and chose a program.

Laurel, great workouts! I love those workouts where Cathe mixes abs throughout.

Thanks so much for letting me know Cathe has been interacting more with people on Instagram! If she is still working on her shoulder strength, then I shouldn't feel bad about where I'm at! I am going to be wise about my shoulders. At least I can do some lifting.
    Any signs of buds in your hydrangeas? My three-year-old hydrangea is full of flowers and my new one is getting there.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    edited May 30
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Our workout was Iron Day 22 Chest & Back, good workout. This morning I did Caroline's 20 Min. Glute Isolation workout. Really enjoyed this one. Doing floorwork like this for 20 min. is just perfect, and of course I went along with Caroline and added on the ankle weights. I think that she is on par with Cathe for leg torture. :D

Laurel, Great job with those workouts! Mixing the abs into the workout is always a good option. That is the tough part about driving in hail, the noise. I couldn't hear the radio at all. Having a baby blanket to make is always a great way to occupy that time. I get so engrossed in project that I don't surface for most of the day. :D I'm finishing up a baby quilt for DH's niece. The party is on Saturday, and I'm cutting it pretty close. Just have to put the binding on. That is one part of a quilt that I don't really enjoy doing. So glad to hear that you are seeing budding/flowers on your hydrangeas. I did see some of Cathe's interactions on Instagram. One day she was putting her makeup on. ;)

Thelma, Love the workouts! DH did pretty good with the step ups, it was balance that got him. He only used an 8 inch step, but going slow really made the balance part important. We have leg work again tonight, and I will be glad to have a day off. Of course I have added on some other leg work this week, so that might be a factor. :D I'm seeing some improvement in the butt though, so this really needs to continue. ;) I will be looking for something yoga related next week. I also need to find out if DH is willing to try yoga.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was RWH Plyo HiiT One followed by an easy low impact spin to flush out my legs and a stretch. I had planned on doing only spin today and not doing the Plyo HiiT at all this week but changed my mind at the last minute. It ended up being a good combo.

Thelma, great workouts. I definitely think you should be really happy with where you are with your shoulder. You have been cautious but unafraid, which is a great balance because you have been progressing steadily without pushing too far. Like I have said, you amaze me. You have handled this surgery way better than I handled my shoulder dislocations, and I mean by a very wide margin. It took me over three years to get the strength back in my arm after my last dislocation, mostly because I was afraid of reinjury. So not good. Anyhow, yes, I have little buds on one of my hydrangeas! This is the younger, blue one. Our older, white one shows no sign of budding yet, but it almost died last year because of that deep freeze we had. So last summer, it had leaves but never even grew. This year it is back to growing, so I am hoping with a good healthy year (and some TLC from us) it will be back to blooming next season.

Laurie, great workouts. It sounds like a brutal lower body challenge though. I am really looking forward to having a creative task again. Hopefully it inspires me to keep going with a hobby other than reading. I saw that video of Cathe putting on her makeup as well. Not quite sure of the point but….whatever. I like her food recommendations though. You mention doing yoga with your DH. I will be curious how that goes. I have tried a few times with my DH and it is a no go. Do you still have anything from P90X? I remember the basic stretch routine in that series to be far more doable than the yoga. But I am sure there are also plenty of options available on YouTube.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi ladies, my workouts on Thursday were walking and Jessica Smith Low Impact Hiit.

Laurie, great workouts! I think Caroline's leg workouts are more of a torture than Cathe's. Good job with adding the ankle weights!
    I'm glad your DH did well with the step ups! I hope your DH is willing to give yoga a try!

Laurel, great workouts!

Thanks so much for those nice words about my shoulder recovery process. I think that the fact that I'm so afraid to reinjure myself is the reason why I'm being so cautious, which I'll take as a good thing! LOL
    I am so glad one of your hydrangeas has little buds. I hope your other one will bloom next year.

Have a wonderful weekend!
    Thelma

• lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

We got through Iron Day 23 Glutes & Hamstrings. Lots of bridges, and DH did much better this time around. I think that he is getting better by repetition. These lower body workouts are brutal, but dang are they making the legs strong. This morning I woke up around 2am with a terrible allergy headache, so I did wake up in time to do a workout. My headache if better now.

Laurel, Awesome job with the workouts! The main things I have on my Instagram is food prep and quilting. :D I don' know what I would do with myself if I didn't have my hobbies. I tend to go in cycles with everything besides the quilting. That is the one thing that remains constant, just love the sewing. I do still have P90X, for some reason I have not been able to give that series up. I have the Power 90, but that one doesn't have a stretch. I have the 10 min. Trainers that does have a Yoga Flex in it. I don't know how he would relate to Eion. :) But he might like Travis Eliot, and he has free yoga workouts on youtube. Thanks for steering me toward instructors that I think DH can relate to. I don't think that he would enjoy yoga with a female.

Thelma, Great job with the workouts! With all the hip thrusts that Caroline does, you probably are right in that her leg torture is more torture than Cathe. We only have a week left of Iron, and it has been fun working out with DH. I'm just glad that he is willing to go through all this. I looked at the HiiT workouts in Heat, and she gives low impact options for every exercise that has impact. I think that we will try one out, and see how it goes. I asked DH last night if he would be okay with trying a week of yoga. His answer is whatever you think we need to do I'm okay with it. :o

Have a great day!
    Laurie