Anderson Cooper's gay: Am I the only how doesn't give a damn

Replies

• suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    You cared enough to post about it.

It is important because there is still a lot of hatred, discrimination, and violence against gay people. When that's a thing of the past, celebrities won't need to come out.

I posted it to get other people's input. I don't care who's gay and who's not. I find it sad that people make such a big deal out of someone's sexual orientation or preference. Who Anderson Cooper sleeps or has sex with is his business, not mine. I also find it sad that anyone would try to physically hurt someone who is gay.

Totally agree. I always say "what difference does it make" People who feel threatened by someone's sexual choices are very sad, and very insecure. Why else
  • thebaconbeast
    thebaconbeast Posts: 560 Member
    Who is this person?
  • TadaGanIarracht
    TadaGanIarracht Posts: 2,615 Member
    I think that's more news story worthy than Tom Cruise and whatsherface getting a divorce.
  • PANZERIA
    PANZERIA Posts: 471 Member
    honestly, I was a little sad. He is so hot to me!! Well another one bites the dust.

THIS! Lol. Well done. That made me giggle. :drinker:
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,810 Member
    561125_10102159872684700_1767777374_n.jpg
  • yelpat
    yelpat Posts: 414 Member
    I knew it too, but I still think he's sexay for an older guy.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    honestly, I was a little sad. He is so hot to me!! Well another one bites the dust.

THIS! Lol. Well done. That made me giggle. :drinker:

Nah... the one that I was most sad about was Matt Bomar... But in any respect, it matters not to me.
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    I'm happy that he's happy. I also kind of get why he did it. The suicide rate among gay teens is nearly twice the national average. (Quoting from memory, may be a bit lower).
  • rx8191
    rx8191 Posts: 1
    You are absolutely right that we should not compare this to cancer, there is no comparison. In reality, I don't give a crap it this dude is gay or not as there are much more important issues in the world we need to deal with than if somebody is gay or not. Who freaking cares. If you wanna be gay then go be gay, its your choice! At the end of the day it is your actions as a person that define you not if your gay or not, this is so freaking stupid. Oh and who is Anderson Cooper again? OK I am done.
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Not all churches preach hatred towards gay people. There are a lot of churches that welcome people of any sexual orientation. On the GLAAD page http://www.glaad.org/issues/religion-faith
  • cmdwyer00
    cmdwyer00 Posts: 40 Member
    You are absolutely right that we should not compare this to cancer, there is no comparison. In reality, I don't give a crap it this dude is gay or not as there are much more important issues in the world we need to deal with than if somebody is gay or not. Who freaking cares. If you wanna be gay then go be gay, its your choice! At the end of the day it is your actions as a person that define you not if your gay or not, this is so freaking stupid. Oh and who is Anderson Cooper again? OK I am done.

Being gay is not a "choice," FYI.
  • Rhea30
    Rhea30 Posts: 625 Member

Because bigotry has never taken a life?
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    With Anderson Cooper, it seems similar to when Clay Aiken and Rosie O'Donnell came out. It was already assumed.

There are some other famous people that haven't come out but suspicion is strong that they are gay.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    So Anderson Cooper is gay. Whoop-dee-doo! What, does he want a medal now?
  • airlily
    airlily Posts: 212 Member
    I don't care about straight or gay. Ugly, on the other hand... XD

Okay, that's not nice. You have to admit he's really easy on the eyes, though! :D
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522 Member
    Anderson Cooper is gay & I'm fat.
    Now everyone can sleep comfortably at night.
  • kaotik26
    kaotik26 Posts: 590 Member
    Why is everyone making such a big deal about Anderson Cooper 'coming out' about being gay? I could care less. He's gay, good for him. Why is this even in the news? People in this country are too concerned about sexual orientation and sexual preference. Live and let live.

Totally agree!
  • steinbok
    steinbok Posts: 82
    Anything that is "newsworthy" that is of "shock" value, always makes the rounds amongst the talking heads, both left and right. It's been rumored for years that he is. He's gay, AND nice to look at, and I'm at my lowest weight since I was a teenager.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    So Anderson Cooper is gay. Whoop-dee-doo! What, does he want a medal now?

my guess is no he probably doesnt want a medal now.

its weird that you would think that.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Ironically, I LITERALLY just finished reading an article in Entertainment Weekly, that talked about how much he was criticized for not talking at all about his love life on his daytime talk show, and how he should publicly come out. Like, I mean, I literally, finished reading that article, and then came online here now......

I am glad he came out, the most people that do it, the less intolerance there will be......