Little trick for eating greek yogurt

1234568»

Replies

• I love to put in Honey and a generous amount of cinnamon/have also mashed up banana before
  • whovian67
    whovian67 Posts: 608 Member
    Will try it..thanks..trying to control sugar intake
  • amandzor
    amandzor Posts: 386 Member
    I eat Greek yogurt mixed with a packet of Stevia every morning for breakfast.
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    I eat Greek yogurt mixed with a packet of Stevia every morning for breakfast.

Eww :sick:
  • Nikkisfitblog
    Nikkisfitblog Posts: 149 Member
    I add protein.
  • yvie63
    yvie63 Posts: 193 Member
    I add just a teaspoon of runny honey in mine and have it with strawberries and raspberries - it's my new favourite thing. It's true to say you do start tasting real sweetness on e you wean yourself off the scrap.
  • AshleyAnn9
    AshleyAnn9 Posts: 56
    What I do with plain greek yogurt is add a little bit of protein powder, fruit, and oatmeal. I stick it in the fridge overnight, it's delicious.
  • Stopin_da_yoyo
    Stopin_da_yoyo Posts: 138 Member
    Wow u guys are tough! I just buy the flavored chobani greek yogurt. I look at them as my treat to myself and I dont eat alot of sweets anyways. I didnt read the whole thread but what I did read was great!
  • GreatDepression
    GreatDepression Posts: 347 Member
    The flavoured Chobani have a bit too much sugar carbs IMO. I know they use real sugar instead of aspartame but I would have preferred the latter actually. Crystal Lite powder in non-fat greek yogurt tastes too artificial to me. I just add artificial sweetener or stevia to nonfat plain greek yogurt to make it more palatable. Fresh fruit added is nice, too.
  • midas1022
    midas1022 Posts: 151
    Great idea! Thanks..:glasses:
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    love the jello and the pudding idea ..will have to try it out one of these days
  • I put in fresh blue berries and mash them around(heat them up a little to release the natural juices more), doesn't need anything else really. We also add a little Stevia (you can add honey or whatever, if that is what you prefer but being diet controlled diabetic type 2, I don't add the sugar/fructose/whatever) and some lemon juice and lavender (we grind the type from the bulk spice isle at "Sprout's" grocery and then strain it. We really like it but different strokes for different folks... My husband doesn't really like most of the Greek Yogurts and he can eat it that way (lemon/lavender).
  • GreatDepression
    GreatDepression Posts: 347 Member
    I just tried cherry pomegranate crystal lite mixed with greek yogurt and it was nasty. The yogurt really brings out the artificial of the powder in a way that water doesn't as much.
  • KatrineJensen
    KatrineJensen Posts: 75 Member
    I love plain greek yogurt, but it's even better if you thaw a handful of frozen berries and mash them up a little bit, and them mix it with the yogurt. It's deliscious! Raspberries and blackberries are particularly good because they have a lot of juice and turn very mushy when you thaw them, and all the juice flavors and colors the yogurt :)

Add a couple of fresh berries and some chopped nuts to garnish, yum!
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    I usually mix peanut butter and honey into mine, this sounds much lower cal! I'm getting pretty bored with the same thing over and over. Can't wait to switch things up and try it out. Thanks a bunch!!
  • QueenOSpades
    QueenOSpades Posts: 171 Member
    PB2 + Stevia :)
  • I can't wait to try the pudding mixed in. Sugar free of course. We're trying to cut down on our added sugar, we dont eat gelatin. Can't stand the taste of it plain, you guys have some great ideas!