Kindle stolen from gym. I feel too angry to return

14567810»

Replies

• casi_ann
    casi_ann Posts: 423 Member
    Did you go to lost and found? Maybe someone saw it and turned it in thinking someone forgot it. Thats what I would have done if I saw it.
  • MelissaGraham7
    MelissaGraham7 Posts: 406 Member
    Never let someone have that much power over you to control your emotions like that.
    Is excellent advice!! Not just in this ugly situation but in all areas of your life. Only you can determine how you react to things!

Both of these jewels are valuable points to life. Anger is an entirely wasted emotion.
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    I would pray about it. Don't take valuables to the gym next time. Certainly, you can't let something like that sidetrack your health goals. It's annoying, but, at least, it's just "stuff" that can be replaced in time.
  • andersene
    andersene Posts: 3
    I know the feeling. When I first started going to my gym my purse was stolen. I didnt have a locker so I'd put my purse on the shelf in the locker room and throw a sweatshirt over it. everything was in it, my cell phone, wallet, SSC, care/ house keys, My pay check that I had just cashed. It is an awful feeling.

Luckily the owners of the gym were awesome about it, they called an officer down so I could report it. The owner gave me a ride home and waited to make sure I got in the house ok.

It is very frustrating and I was also angry. However, I didn't let it stop me from working out there. I just let it go. There was not much we could do about it after it was gone.
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 905 Member
    Hi guys,

My Kindle Fire was stolen from my apartment complex gym on Monday. While I've forced myself to go each time since, I feel so angry when I get in there. I push myself hard, but I feel like the whole experience ruins my day. I mean, just knowing the jerk who stole my property is using the same equipment as me, it just feels like a slap in the face. Has anyone every had anything stolen at the gym? How did you get over the anger and negative emotions? How did you rebuild a positive feeling about being in the gym?

Sorry to hear that happened. Definitely check with lost and found (just in case someone did turn it in). If it's not there, contact Amazon so you can have the account password changed and (if possible) the device deactivated.