Non-scale FAIL.

2»

Replies

• tansygreen
    tansygreen Posts: 85 Member
    Your neighbour sounds like he has no idea of the usual social boundaries of politeness. He also probably won't recognise polite hints from you such as 'my Dad is almost 55', so I wouldn't waste too much time getting into convo with him.

Just find an excuse and be busy each time you bump into him. Seriously, I'm sure it happens to him a lot and he is probably incredibly thick skinned, if you talk to him too much he'll start to imagine you're friends or something, and then be figuring out when to make the next 'logical' move, and ask you on a date!

It's not really funny when people make you feel creeped out in your own building, because you might come across them almost daily. I would say you need to be blunt and assertive so he can get the picture straight away before he does/says something even more awkward.
  • LinaBo
    LinaBo Posts: 342 Member
    You don't look pregnant, hon'. There are a lot of guys out there that still haven't been clued into the rule to never, EVER assume that a woman is pregnant, if there is ANY doubt. In fact, guys: just wait for confirmation from the woman, or for it to be common knowledge, before you even open your mouth about it. It will save you a lot of grief.
  • Aviendha_RJ
    Aviendha_RJ Posts: 600 Member
    Well, I say an @sshole comment deserves another.

My response would be something asinine that would purposefully make him feel awkward & uncomfortable too:

1) "Yeah... but what's your excuse?"
    2) "Not anymore, I just miscarried last week"

or my personal favourite pregnant-chick rant (courtesy of the WB series "Gilmore Girls":

3) "No. I'm not. Is it not acceptable in today's society to be a plus-sized woman who just so happens to carry her weight in her stomach?" (this line is delivered by a woman in her 9th month of carrying twins)

But then again, I am this woman's sister....

http://www.themrs.ca/2011/07/lannis-solicitors.html
  • You look amazing!

I actually hate how dumb people can be.

Even if I was 99.99999999% sure they were, I would NEVER just ask someone! I would always wait until they said it!

Keep going girl, Keep your head up, You look FABULOUS.
  • KharismaticKayteh
    KharismaticKayteh Posts: 322 Member
    You have a very creepy neighbour. I think you need to tell him that you do not want to talk to him in no uncertain terms. If he wont take it from you, then your boyfriend and or your dad should tell him. He quite clearly finds you attractive and is at least a little disturbed. Do not encourage him by engaging in conversations with him. Just avoid him and say "whatever"... or something less pleasant.
    Funny story, when I started telling this story to my boyfriend and mentioned "my Cherokee neighbor", he says, "Oh, that guy on the balcony? He's cool! I like him." I just told him, "You're about to like him a *lot* less." After telling him what happened, he says, "Okay, tomorrow, I'm coming over, I'm knocking on his door, I'll chat with him politely about how he should watch what he says to you, or to any other woman, and then I'm leaving you the .22 just in case."
    Your neighbour sounds like he has no idea of the usual social boundaries of politeness. He also probably won't recognise polite hints from you such as 'my Dad is almost 55', so I wouldn't waste too much time getting into convo with him.

Just find an excuse and be busy each time you bump into him. Seriously, I'm sure it happens to him a lot and he is probably incredibly thick skinned, if you talk to him too much he'll start to imagine you're friends or something, and then be figuring out when to make the next 'logical' move, and ask you on a date!

It's not really funny when people make you feel creeped out in your own building, because you might come across them almost daily. I would say you need to be blunt and assertive so he can get the picture straight away before he does/says something even more awkward.
    For. real. Like I said, I'm normally way fierce, but he caught me way off-guard, I was nervous, and he did all this *right in front of my niece*. I really didn't want to start cussing him out in front of her. Honestly, I really wish I had been more fierce just to set an example to her of "Don't ever let anyone get away with treating you this way." Le sigh.
    Well, I say an @sshole comment deserves another.

My response would be something asinine that would purposefully make him feel awkward & uncomfortable too:

1) "Yeah... but what's your excuse?"
    2) "Not anymore, I just miscarried last week"
    Whale... he did have a beer gut. And oh, gosh, the second one is awful! I'll remember that if this situation ever arises again (though I highly doubt it will).