Replies

• nosey_rosey
    nosey_rosey Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    It's lookin like dr seuss tonight :)
  • Xstitcher74
    Xstitcher74 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    The Valley of Horses (again) and then on to The Great Santini.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand.
  • kristen807
    kristen807 Posts: 361
    Options
    Hell House - Matheson :)
  • kimoRUN
    kimoRUN Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Not sure the name of it..but it's about a larger than life red dog by the name of Clifford. It's a tough read though.
  • kdawn130
    kdawn130 Posts: 18
    Options
    "Why People Believe Weird Things: Pseudoscience, Superstition, and Other Confusions of Our Time" by Michael Shermer
  • tammyj83
    tammyj83 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    The Adventures Of Sherlock Holmes
  • cherrybomb_77
    cherrybomb_77 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    LOVED the Adventures of Sherlock Holmes.

I just finished a memoir called Ravenous and picked up The Path of Daggers (8th in the Wheel of Time series).
  • cherrybomb_77
    cherrybomb_77 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    "Why People Believe Weird Things: Pseudoscience, Superstition, and Other Confusions of Our Time" by Michael Shermer

Must add this to my "to read" list!
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    "Tales of the City" by Armistead Maupin.

and haha :happy: ...
    Not sure the name of it..but it's about a larger than life red dog by the name of Clifford. It's a tough read though.
  • Titanuim
    Titanuim Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Just finished I am Legend by Richard Matheson. I was a bit dubious as I thught the movie was a rubbish version of 28 Days later. BUt it was totally awesome especially as it was written back in 1958. Scratching around now trying to find something decent to read on my kindle.
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Just finished I am Legend by Richard Matheson. I was a bit dubious as I thught the movie was a rubbish version of 28 Days later. BUt it was totally awesome especially as it was written back in 1958. Scratching around now trying to find something decent to read on my kindle.

I read I am Legend a few years ago. I was actually upset when the movie came out and wasn't at all like what Richard Matheson wrote!

Anyways I am currently reading Pacific Rims by Rafe Bartholomew. About the love of basketball(of all sports!) in the Philippines. Way better than any book I know to understand Filipinos. I wish I had read this before visiting my mother's family. I would have understood them ALOT better. A book on basketball but more than that... one of he best on the psyche of the island nation in the Pacific.
  • Shrinking_Xtina
    Shrinking_Xtina Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Strangers on a Train by Patricia Highsmith...way better than the Alfred Hitchcock film version!
  • shirayne
    shirayne Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Two on the go right now... Lord of the FLies (a classic I never read) and The Birth House by AMi McKay. I'm only on page 30 so I can't tell you if it's any good yet. It's an old historical type novel about Nova Scotia and midwifery in the 1900s.
  • AwesomePossum82
    Options
    Abeka School Books. Lol. I'm creating Lesson plans :)
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    MaitreyeeMAYHEM Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Mistress of the Storm by Terri Brisbin.

I really need to join a book club. lol
  • Artemis726
    Artemis726 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Clash of Kings (from Game of Thrones) and the 2nd book of the Inheritance Cycle (Eragon/Eldest). I have a book club with my 11 year old and she wants me to read it! :)
  • krystyleee
    krystyleee Posts: 219
    Options
    Just finished the 50 Shades of Grey trilogy, now looking for something new to read.
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    Options
    New book!! I'm reading Prelude to a Scandal by Delilah Marvelle.
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    Options
    I just finished Comanche Heart by Catherine Anderson. Is it bad to read the second book of a series before the first book? lol

I am currently reading Wolf Runner by O'Banyon. I started reading it yesterday and I'm more than half way done.