Question for the men and successful women!

124»

Replies

• Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Ah......so this is him/her. Totally outed now. Yikes.
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    lUWhu.gif

In all seriousness though, my husband and i came to the agreement a long time ago that we can both be successful at careers. Right now he is successful in his, and eventually i will get there. :bigsmile:

Someone posted about family things. I came from a family where the females were the "breadwinners", my husband came from a family where the men were, so we compromised. Everything is equal in the relationship and isn't just one or the other. we both have equal say, and eventually we come to a decision.

Ok, please continue!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    If you can be successful and ambitious without needing to be constantly recognized for it, it's sexy.

If you need people to be constantly aware of your success and shower you in praise, it's annoying.
    As above.
  • MrsPong
    MrsPong Posts: 580 Member
    I have heard my husband say alot of his friends/marine pals like that they bring home the money so they can "control" most of it.
    Yet they complain about their wives not making money. :noway:
    My husband loved when he met me I was going to college (he didn't know many woman with drive) also I still went to finish my AA degree while pregnant him overseas and with an infant. I also went on to finish my BA. I now make close to what he does.
    He loves it. He likes the fact that I work and work hard and he says I can take care of him when he gets out of the military.

It's not all men...but I do believe it happens.
  • drgmac
    drgmac Posts: 716 Member
    There are plenty of men out there who value intellect, wit, humor, and success. I don't think confident people, regardless of gender, are intimidated by any of the qualities I have just mentioned. It's all in presentation of the whole package that draws us to others. Enough said.
  • drgmac
    drgmac Posts: 716 Member
    Right on.
  • estrobabe
    estrobabe Posts: 337 Member
    I think women who talk about how "successful", ambitious, independent and driven they are IS the turn off. You don't have to prove anything. When YOU are the one making that an issue, it can be a turnoff. And it's not because of those things as much as it is the attitude of some of these women.

I simply agree. Some women are successful but can be too prideful, sometime even arrogant. No matter the gender, be successful and humble.

Although I'm a woman, a success and humble man is way more attractive than one who is too arrogant about his success. I would hope a man finds me attractive and will not be intimated by my success because he sees that I'm humble about my success. Simple as that.
  • amtru2015
    amtru2015 Posts: 179 Member
    Probably because they want someone who needs them and are worried that we wont
  • Dan112358
    Dan112358 Posts: 525 Member
    Oops, I just stumbled in here ... I heard there'd be sandwiches ...
  • mavrick7
    mavrick7 Posts: 1,607 Member
    I just have a quick question for all the men out there. Why is it so intimidating when you have a successful, driven and ambitious women? It seems that a lot of men just seem to Run and run FAST! lol Is it so bad that a woman is driven, successful, driven and independent? Maybe I'm modern, but I would think it would be a turn on to most! And on top of that it seems that if a man is into his career, it is okay. But as soon as a woman as into her career she is "egotistical" and is in "her small world". Seems to be a double standard. Do any other women feel this way?

Realizing that this post has stirred up several issues, as well as the expected sacrasm that you will always find on these threads...

Your statement is a generalization of the people that you have come across. Unfortunately, our first instinct is strictly based on physical attributes. Have you considered the fact that the men that you are attracted, tend to exhibit those types of behaviors?
    Another observation is that most people think that I date female personal trainers. I have never dated anyone from the gym, and actually date professional, career women.
  • Because it's too difficult to turn her into a housewife
  • This thread isn't locked yet?