Moms that lost belly hang, extra flab, stretch marks..

Options
1363738394042»

Replies

• zennstarr
    zennstarr Posts: 1
    Options
    Mamma mia!!! You are all inspiring to me :)
  • WJS_jeepster
    WJS_jeepster Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    bump to get in my feed
  • toyanc
    toyanc Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What Amazing Progress, You all Should be very Proud. I have a long way to go, but This is sooo motivational!
  • p444cod41
    p444cod41 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Amazing..one word wow!!!
  • CeltMom
    CeltMom Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This thread is incredibly encouraging. I've been struggling to take off weight after being diagnosed with PCOS and Adenomyosis -- my husband and I have been following a diabetic diet for the last 3 weeks (he was recently diagnosed with type 2) and are beginning to see progress, but both of us are trying to lose that extra flab for our health. I don't care if I never see six-pack abs, I just want to trim down that flab. I'd put on 63 lbs when I was pregnant with my son 19 years ago, and although I had been steadily taking it off while I was nursing, the moment I stopped that hormone backlash freaked out my system and exacerbated the PCOS, which was something I'd never heard of until just a few months ago.

I just had a D&C & hysteroscopy today (as well as a biopsy to rule out uterine cancer) and there is a strong possibility I'll end up having a hysterectomy down the line. I know that the kind of procedure they'll be able to do (whether vaginal hysterectomy or Laproscopy) will be greatly impacted by how much weight I've lost in the meantime. I prefer the Laproscopic option, particularly for the faster recovery time. So that's my biggest motivation in trying to get rid of this extra fat.

Thank you so much for sharing your inspiring pictures - it really gives me hope that this can happen. I would love to hear more from folks about how you did it (specific exercise routines and diet changes).
  • bkprettygirl
    bkprettygirl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This post has been a huge inspiration!
  • tightandright2014
    tightandright2014 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • CanGirl40
    CanGirl40 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    First pic is my first pregnancy at due date: 210 lbs.

Four years later, second pregnancy at due date: 187lbs

Final two pics are about 2 years later after finally "getting it" - strength training and eating "more" to weigh less. 130 lbs.

Whoops, pics aren't showing up...back in a flash
  • C_LO211
    C_LO211 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    thank you no surgery at all just hard work and counting calories I was a single mom for the first 9 months so I did Jillian Michaels after I put my baby in bed It was hard and I was tired but it is soooo worth it
  • C_LO211
    C_LO211 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I was 26 when I had my daughter I did have to have a C-Section I was 220lbs when I was pregnant and am now down to 130lbs

photo2.jpg

2ccc0d6d-1291-4b9e-826b-ed7bbb050a86.jpg

80dc9516-c3e7-404e-9e8d-aed70534ff39.jpg

Wow that is amazing you look fab, how did you do it??

Thank you it was a lot of Jillian Michaels and counting calories I was a single mom for the 1st 9 months so I would put my baby in bed and then do a DVD workout. It's not easy and I was tired but it was soooo worth it!
  • michellewoodward2015
    Options
    OnMyWay4 wrote: »

Thank u so much for sharing!!! This is inspriring!! I have had 2 csections and your top pics r what my stomach looks like. even after all the working out and 40 lbs down. i hope to ome day have a tumy that looks like yours now!

Congrats on your loss! It's definitely acheivable. Here is a more "recent" picture that I took in August.
    IMG_20120730_171835-1.jpg

I need to get another one up as soon as I finish Month One of ChaLean Extreme.

You look amazing & are SO inspirational! Did you/do you have any stretchmarks? (Sorry - I hope you don't mind me asking!
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Amazing work everyone!!! Thanks for sharing-very inspirational!!!
  • jshute71
    jshute71 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    bump!!!!!!!!
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Heres mine - slightly different angle on the second one, but 'm so proud of how far I've come.
    -
    Pic #1 is around 10 months after having baby
    Pic #2 was taken this week. Around 18 months between pics

kqv82fz4ykz4.jpg
  • laurahickman14
    laurahickman14 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hey, im looking for friends to help keep me motivated with positive encouragement- all friend requests accepted! And motivation shared back too ☺️
  • kmlong2015
    kmlong2015 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    This gives me so much hope! Ive got a belly flab/hanging thing! Yikes.
  • kspenglermoore
    kspenglermoore Posts: 58 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I am probably not the typical mom to respond here. I am turning 50 in June. My one and only son is turning 22 on April fool day. I did have a 10 1/2 lb (9.5 european pounds) baby that was 21.5" (55 cm) long and due to my narrow hips I ended up with a c-section where the had to recut to get my big bundle of joy out. I have to include that I was 208 lbs (90kg) on a 5'6" (168 cm) frame. I gained a whopping 64 lbs (29kg) during my pregnancy. I never lost all of it, and gained more over the years and ended up weighing in at 275lbs (125kg) last February. I have never been skinny: I remember being a size 14 at age 15. I have been obese since I was about 20. I started my weight loss journey after our first grandchild was born on 2/17/14 and have now lost 105 lbs (47.5kg) by Christmas. Since then I have been maintaining. According to my doc I am good at 170lbs (77.5kg) due to my heavy bone structure (I am still baffled by the fact: narrow hips and big boned). The only thing I did not loose was some of my belly. It seems to be caving in on itself. I talked to dermatologist and she said that only 10% of the skin should naturally adjust. I am left with the other 90% :-(. I did loose the weight by exercising and healthier eating. My doc has refered my to a plastic surgeon and he suggested to remove it surgically, but he also said that most insurances including mine (tricare) only pays for the removal of the roll that stretches from hip to hip (and that only if the patient has lost more then 100lbs(~45kg) and was obese), but not the upper part. He also said I would loose an only additional 5lbs (~2.3kg) with the surgery and I needed to be at my goal weight before the surgery. So for now I will try some ab exercises and see what change they bring. If I go for the surgery, I plan on doing so in the middle of summer since I live in hot Central Texas and outside exercise is almost impossible here in the summer when every day is an average 97F/41C and our balmy nights are around 86F/30C...
  • rjlaw54
    rjlaw54 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    this is great motivation!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!