So hungry! HELP!!!!!

124»

Replies

• niknokd
    niknokd Posts: 127 Member
    Fiber and protein are what make you feel full. Try Kashi Go Lean Protein and Fiber bars - they're peanut butter and chocolate flavor so it satisfies the sweet tooth too. They're about 200 calories, a decent snack for the long stretch between lunch and dinner when I get hungry!
  • Thanks for all the advice =)
  • I would eat whatever I want when I'm hungry and have put on 10 lbs to prove it. But wifey says yougart, fruit,fat free turkey in whole wheat.Salad.She does this and weight watchers and is doing very good. I plan on learning from this site and hopefully make some friends to go thru it with.Right now I'm so hungry I feel yucky it's 10:30AM. So I will make a protein shake.For breakfast. For lunch I'll want some KFC and frys, but wifey wont let me go there, she has discipline which I respect so I'll go home and eat some soup.
    Wow this gonna be a rough road to roll on.
  • hosegirl
    hosegirl Posts: 157
    Are you eating every 2-3 hours. If not you should be. If you are eating breakfast, lunch and dinner then you body is calling for fuel in between those times. Areyou looking at your reports. You would be surprised at how many calories you are nto eating. You need to hit the target of those calories and you should eat back at least half of the exercise calories. If you wait until your body starts telling you are hungry than you ahve gone beyond what some trainers call the fuel load. You are already in the starvation mode. So your body will start to store fat to keep you going. Do you excercise? If so what are you doing for excercise. :smile:
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    I went through the same thing, and you won't like hearing this.
    You need to just punch through, buck up and gut it out.
    People will give the usual worthless advice here: drink more water, eat celery, time your meals...blah...blah...blah
    NOTHING will stop those hunger pains but time and your willingness to push through.
    In a week or so, they will cease.
    Just decide now to SUCK IT UP!
    You will be glad you did.

I went thru the exact same thing. It took about three weeks for me and the pains went away.
    I can't think of better advice then the post above.
    You just have to gut it out and when your through it you'll be amazed how much less you will eat.
    This very wall is what kept me from losing weight for 2 months. I just could not get it going until I punched through.
    SUCK IT UP!
  • EmiVReyes
    EmiVReyes Posts: 118 Member
    Snacking definitely helps. I bring celery sticks, carrots, and some peanut butter with me to work now so just in case i get those in between meal munchies i can snack and get some protein from the peanut butter.

Now i've been on a kick of one slice of wheat toast with about a tablespoon of crunchy reduced fat peanut butter and either some sliced bananas or semi sweet chocolate chips sprinkled on top. good way to kill any sweet cravings and still healthy. :)
  • EmiVReyes
    EmiVReyes Posts: 118 Member
    Snacking definitely helps. I bring celery sticks, carrots, and some peanut butter with me to work now so just in case i get those in between meal munchies i can snack and get some protein from the peanut butter.

Now i've been on a kick of one slice of wheat toast with about a tablespoon of crunchy reduced fat peanut butter and either some sliced bananas or semi sweet chocolate chips sprinkled on top. good way to kill any sweet cravings and still healthy. :)

another thing...i had hunger pains when i started they went away and now that i'm closer to my goal they have started back up again.

I don't get them all the time..but when i do it's good to have a little snack just in case.
  • thelaurameister
    thelaurameister Posts: 689 Member
    I watched an interesting BBC documentary. They took three men of all the same height/weight/metabolic rate/etc, and basically locked them in jail cells (best way I can think to describe it...all that was in the room was a bed) and they fed them meals. One person had a high carb meal, another had a high fat, and the last had a high protein meal. About 2 hours after their meal, they asked how hungry they were feeling, and they found that the guy who ate the protein-packed meal was not as hungry. High fat foods make you hungrier. Now, I have no idea how accurate that "study" was, especially since they only did the experiment with one test group, but I could see how that would be true. Maybe try upping your protein? Just something interesting that I thought I'd share. Not sure if it will help, but it's worth a shot, right?
  • linehaul54
    linehaul54 Posts: 9
    Well I can relate to that. For the last 4 or 5 months I've really blown it. .I'm on the road 6 times a week and it's real easy to eat pizza and hamburgers VS hunting for something healthy. So 10 lbs. later I figured I better stop and get it together. When I get hungry I found Yoplait and or ruby read grapefruit from Publix precut in a jar fill those hungry spells. But point is when HUNGRY hits do small portions it helps. I quit cigarettes 4 yrs. ago and I still want to smoke. So I guess my desire for a good pizza will not ever be satisfied. Prior to joining this site I didn't pay much attention calories or what's in the food I eat. But gaining 10 pounds can easily turn into 100 pounds and I don't think I want to battle that. Time for me to wake up. Thank all you guys who do try it encourages me. God Bless