Am I REALLY the only 5'2 one here??

Options

Replies

• QuestToLose
    QuestToLose Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 too. currently, i I'm 179 and want to get down to 120. I do not want to be skinny. I just want to be healthy and 120 was the perfect healthy weight for my height.
  • charity_c
    charity_c Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2". I weigh 153 pounds. I am in need of inspiration and motivation to lose 30-40 pounds. Please help me.....:smile:
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Speaking of diet..I have honestly never heard that short people need to consume less calories daily

Really? The shorter you are the fewer calories you tend to need to maintain or lose weight.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    5' 2 here!!!! i was 170, i am 118 now!! my goal is 110
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2". I weigh 153 pounds. I am in need of inspiration and motivation to lose 30-40 pounds. Please help me.....:smile:
    you can totally do it!!! i did , and i f i can , anyone can!!! I was 170 , now 118 ....lots of discipline and hard work :)...I went on the diabetic diet, no sugar and more exercise, worked wonders!!
  • Carky47
    Carky47 Posts: 2
    Options
    I am 5' 2" also. I started MFP in February at 190lbs. I am now stuck at 166 and have been for a month. I would love to. be at 130. Any suggestions to beat this plateau?
  • sandhillsmom
    sandhillsmom Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Will you take a 5'1" lady?? I'm at 175 and heading my way to 135 again.
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and wanting to be around 110-120 at least. I weigh 150 right now - quite a ways to go, you're not the only 5'2"er on here.
  • Mama_Mila
    Mama_Mila Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    WOW...so many short people replies lol it's great to know there are so many with my same goal! I had no idea this would get so many responses and I'm sorry but I just can't go through 10 pages and add everyone that asked me to lol but like I said, feel free to add me! I promise I can be very supportive :)) Keep up the good work ladies!
  • zbmb30
    zbmb30 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 2". I am currently 150 lbs and want to get to be around 125-130. I think I am comfortable at about that weight, just want to tone up at that weight.
  • tigerlinly
    tigerlinly Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    u arent the shortest person here im 5 even and have 150 lbs to lose
  • Monnietron
    Monnietron Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    5'1 3/4" lol... almost 5'2"!! 135 pounds, trying to get back to 112.
  • Melinda91
    Melinda91 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    5'2 1/2 here!
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    5"3 with shoes on
    47yrs
  • Mama_Mila
    Mama_Mila Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I'm sorry for thinking I was the shortest one lol I see there are many of you that are as short as 4'10!! That makes me feel better and I am sorry for that ;)
  • lh0118
    lh0118 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there..I'm 4-09 and wish I could weigh as much as you lol. I now i am definitely over weight...was 232 in may and i now weigh 209. Just sticking to daily walking and a 1200 diet amenities hope I can reach my goal to 140. Good luck with your efforts! ★lh0118
  • Rach_Gem_n_Disguise
    Rach_Gem_n_Disguise Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Right there with ya! I'm 5'2".....peolple think I"m nuts all the time with wanting to lose "just a few more pounds"...but I agree with many of the other people posting, it does show up quicker on shorter people.
  • Debtastic12
    Options
    Hi hun, im 5ft 1 1/2 ( always put the 1/2 as it makes a difference) lol. im currently 125 and want to lose around 10 - 15lb. i get people saying theres nothing on you blah blah blah but they see me dressed not naked and even a few pounds just swells up my waistline and makes my closthes so uncomfortable. if i was 5 ft 10 i wouldnt have a problem hahahahaha. good luck on your journey :)
  • Shaylyn1986
    Shaylyn1986 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and used to be 120 in cheerleading/gymnastics in highschool but then got wayyy to big when I quit at ~180. I'm down to 138 now thanks to weight watchers and trying to make my way down to the 120 mark again.
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2
    My goal weight was 127,
    but I am 115 now and this suits me best
    8 pounds to loose is very do-able
    If that is what you want THEN do it
    Do not let the nay-sayers stop you.
    You have to feel right for yourself.
    Good luck