I'm getting a little tired of this to be honest

1171819202123»

Replies

• mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    I think people get snarky about it because there are a million damn threads about these things. You don't even have to use the search function, they are always somewhere on the first page of one of the message boards. It's annoying when people can't even put in two seconds of effort to glance at the forum before posting.

Exactly this.
  • When I first joined this site, I was overwhelmed with how incredibly open, honest, encouraging, and kind people were. As I entered the world of the "message boards" I quickly discovered that there were several "trolls" and that was disheartening. I suppose it should be expected, but the truth is that this site seems professional in a sense, and has a sense of well-being. It's sad that there are rude people who try to ruin it for everyone by being rude and sarcastic. I guess it's just disgusting, but all you can do is back out and just contribute as positively as you can. I suppose the people who do this take part in negativity because it's all they know and it's the only way they know to communicate.
  • crazytreelady
    crazytreelady Posts: 752 Member
    I don't think this is what the OP was about... But...

I'm getting tired of the snow and supra cold temperatures.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    I think people get snarky about it because there are a million damn threads about these things. You don't even have to use the search function, they are always somewhere on the first page of one of the message boards. It's annoying when people can't even put in two seconds of effort to glance at the forum before posting.

Exactly this.

And I wish people would look up what trolling is: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=trolling

Disagreeing, being blunt, straightforward, snarky, etc =/= troll *sigh*
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    I wish I had the information that is available today, 5 years ago. There have been countless threads about:

*Starvation Mode
    *Eating your calories back
    *6 meals a day
    *Weight lifting for women

At this point I don't even bother any more. I have learned that people who post questions on here are not looking for answers, they are looking for validation. Their minds are already set.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    I wish I had the information that is available today, 5 years ago. There have been countless threads about:

*Starvation Mode
    *6 meals a day

At this point I don't even bother any more. I have learned that people who post questions on here are not looking for answers, they are looking for validation. Their minds are already set.

Yeah..and it gets disheartening when you honestly try to help them and they just whine, complain,as well as make excuse after excuse as to why they "can't" do something or how hard this is and that is and basically ignore or get angry at good advice. Because of this attitude, this might be why people who have been around longer are prone to giving a bit of a "snarky" or "blunt" answer rather then sugar coating it. Because if you can't handle it straight, then you probably weren't looking for advice..you were probably looking for coddling and ways to get out of holding yourself really accountable or/and compliment fishing.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member

*Starvation Mode
    *6 meals a day

Yeah..and it gets disheartening when you honestly try to help them and they just whine and ignore the advice...which might be why now...people who have been around longer are prone to giving a bit of a "snarky" or "blunt" answer rather then sugar coating it. Because if you can't handle it straight, then you probably weren't looking for advice..you were probably looking for coddling and ways to get out of holding yourself really accountable or/and compliment fishing.
    Well said.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    When I first joined this site, I was overwhelmed with how incredibly open, honest, encouraging, and kind people were. As I entered the world of the "message boards" I quickly discovered that there were several "trolls" and that was disheartening. I suppose it should be expected, but the truth is that this site seems professional in a sense, and has a sense of well-being. It's sad that there are rude people who try to ruin it for everyone by being rude and sarcastic. I guess it's just disgusting, but all you can do is back out and just contribute as positively as you can. I suppose the people who do this take part in negativity because it's all they know and it's the only way they know to communicate.

No.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    When I first joined this site, I was overwhelmed with how incredibly open, honest, encouraging, and kind people were. As I entered the world of the "message boards" I quickly discovered that there were several "trolls" and that was disheartening. I suppose it should be expected, but the truth is that this site seems professional in a sense, and has a sense of well-being. It's sad that there are rude people who try to ruin it for everyone by being rude and sarcastic. I guess it's just disgusting, but all you can do is back out and just contribute as positively as you can. I suppose the people who do this take part in negativity because it's all they know and it's the only way they know to communicate.

No.

Still no.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    I've run and outdoor forum for Arizona since 1997. What happens is, people who are around for any length of time start getting bored and try to change things up but being sarcastic or whatever. Sometimes it is just being plain rude. Then again, some people sign up to be a-holes right off the bat too.

It's an open forum filled with comments, sarcasm, jokes, and somewhere between there are little gems of information we all can use. Just dig around, don't get butthurt, ignore the trolls.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    I've run and outdoor forum for Arizona since 1997. What happens is, people who are around for any length of time start getting bored and try to change things up but being sarcastic or whatever. Sometimes it is just being plain rude. Then again, some people sign up to be a-holes right off the bat too.

It's an open forum filled with comments, sarcasm, jokes, and somewhere between there are little gems of information we all can use. Just dig around, don't get butthurt, ignore the trolls.

Do i have to stop squats if i get to butthurt?