You CAN Spot Reduce

Options

Replies

• hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Since apparently spot reduction is possible, please tell me how to do it. I would love to spot increase and put on some extra fat in my boob and butt spots. Thanks OP!
  • kaotik26
    kaotik26 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce.

What your referring to is the building of muscle and changes to muscle fibers in those areas. You aren't actually necessarily reducing your fat content in those areas.

Yup
  • DeMayr
    DeMayr Posts: 67
    Options
    sure, your 30 days of doing whatever debunks all the scientific research out there. you may have spot reduced your brain.
  • kaotik26
    kaotik26 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce.

What your referring to is the building of muscle and changes to muscle fibers in those areas. You aren't actually necessarily reducing your fat content in those areas.

Yup, I honestly thought this was another person trying to sell a workout video or protein shake.
  • 2_young_2B_old
    2_young_2B_old Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    You CAN spot reduce with my miracle Unicorn Cream. It's $150 for a bottle of it. PM me if you are interested.

This statement has not been verified by the FDA. :wink:

Haha awesome.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    If we can spot reduce, why did I lose the fat off my face first by jogging, while my legs didn't change at all?

You'd think, if spot reduction worked, we'd all have started with thin faces from all the eating we did. :wink:
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I did 30 Day Shred and Ripped. Sure, I reduced in spots.

ALL of them.

So yes, you can spot reduce. But you're likely reducing ALL of your spots.

The only thing that didn't reduce was my arms.... because they grew muscles.
  • bonniecarbs
    bonniecarbs Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    How do people know what a person can't do with their body? My friend and I spot reduced, we used certain exercises for certain areas, worked out in the storage room at work, and the tape measurer was the proof. Call it what you want, all you nay sayers. You say its not being reduced, its building muscle. What does the tape measurer say? What do those loose clothes say? That the area is smaller, right. Its only a play of words. I agree with the post writer, you can spot reduce. Regardless how you do it or what you call it, people don't listen to "you can't".
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    If we can spot reduce, why did I lose the fat off my face first by jogging, while my legs didn't change at all? I think fat distribution is genetically programmed and it goes on and comes off accordingly. I put weight on from the bottom up and take it off from the top down, no matter how much I run on the treadmill or how many squats I do. I'm just now seeing a reduction in my legs after losing more than 30 pounds, most of it off my tummy (without doing any ab work until recently) and my upper body.

Face reduction - fat not replaced by muscle.

Leg staying the same - fat reduction replaced by muscle.

Not a spot reduction. Just no muscle increase on your face.
  • subcult
    subcult Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I'm one of the skinny finger/wrist computer nerds no matter how much weight I put on. Runs in my family I just hope I don't have over tiny bones or I'm never gonna be able to lift heavy enough to get the muscle I want.
  • bonniecarbs
    bonniecarbs Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    There was a challenge on here about 6 months ago, to do 200 crunches a day. I started the challenge and I'm still doing it. My belly is down - from two different tape measurers, and from the pinch test. I'm down 1.4 inch in my belly and waist ONLY. Call it what you want, 1.4 inches is 1.4 inches. If I ever decide to do something besides slow walking I'm sure I will get great results. I used a body blade ONLY for four months 2 years ago and got my arms down 1/2 inch in four months. My daughter did the same thing, using the blade only, and because she is young I guess, she got a whole inch down in the arms.
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    If we can spot reduce, why did I lose the fat off my face first by jogging, while my legs didn't change at all? I think fat distribution is genetically programmed and it goes on and comes off accordingly. I put weight on from the bottom up and take it off from the top down, no matter how much I run on the treadmill or how many squats I do. I'm just now seeing a reduction in my legs after losing more than 30 pounds, most of it off my tummy (without doing any ab work until recently) and my upper body.

LOL obviously you didn't read the post- running doesn't work! You have to do JM 30 Day Shred to spot reduce! Duh! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Almost finished a month of that and barely lost anything of my legs still ... but my face doesn't have an ounce of fat left and my waist is down almost two inches.

The only sure fire way to spot reduce is liposuction!
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    21033137.jpg

Guys, anecdotes =/= evidence. Please read some of the scientific work done on this concept.
    It baffles me that this thread is still going but as a "nay-sayer" I guess I'll bump :tongue:
  • ZeroWoIf
    ZeroWoIf Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    If spot reduction was possible then someone would have fat in their thighs, arms, penis, and have razor sharp abs. Just think about it lol.
  • Aritiger
    Aritiger Posts: 14
    Options
    I ride my bike 5 miles a couple times a week. I dont lose weight but my calves are awesome!!!!

One would think Id lose fat on my 50yr old thighs. I wish.

No spot reduction there.

Anyone know where I can get some sexy knee high boots that will fit around my calves?
  • Aritiger
    Aritiger Posts: 14
    Options
    Since apparently spot reduction is possible, please tell me how to do it. I would love to spot increase and put on some extra fat in my boob and butt spots. Thanks OP!

Me too!!!!
  • echosentwo
    Options
    I was excited to hear you can spot reduce. maybe because i wish you could so badly that i want to belive you can. More people say you can't then you can.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    I was excited to hear you can spot reduce. maybe because i wish you could so badly that i want to belive you can. More people say you can't then you can.

Damn, it's been 15 hours since somebody tried to say you CAN spot reduce. LOL, bump it up bump bump it up!!!
  • crystalslight
    crystalslight Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    If you could spot reduce.. I wouldn't have love handles or a second butt!
  • sarah2954
    sarah2954 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    beat_dead_horse2.jpg