Don't bite my head off here.....

1235»

Replies

• neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    I'm not sure what you are asking.
  • Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    The recommendation that you stay over 1200 calories a day is not net is gross. The reason for the 1200 is that it's difficult to get the nutrients you need daily if you consume less than that. I'm a big proponent of trusting your body and whats working for you. If you aren't hungry then you're probably fine (unless you've previously had an eating disorder because that can throw off you cues).

Obviously this is an extreme example, but on The Biggest Loser I bet most days they net negative calories. Now that's under close supervision (do not try this at home kids), but none of them keel over from lack of fuel, because our bodies can use fat as fuel. That's what it's there for.
  • wildcata77
    wildcata77 Posts: 660
    Le sigh...

That's my big take away.
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    I've had people "worrying" about my low nets. The way I see it is if I listen to my body I shouldn't worry too much about the final numbers. If i'm hungry (and have spare calories) I eat. If I'm not, I don't!

Also I don't know how you calculate your calories burned but the ones on the MFP database already are exagerated a tad, so I also don't want to force myself to eat all the cals back and end up being over my daily target!

Where does ghrelin, neuropeptide-Y and galanin come into play?

Listen folks, most humans 5'1" and up can maintain weight in the 2000 range.
    If you are eating 1000-1200 daily and you arent hungry and are above 5'1" then you probably have hormonal issues that later down the road will result in bigger health issues.
    Overcome your fora of food and for the love of GOD understand how food interacts with your body.
    Food isnt the enemy.
    YOUR knowledge of how it interacts with your body is.

Just because you arent hungry doesnt mean you are getting the proper nutrition to lose weight and have a healthy body.
    Also think on this:

If you give your bodies a reason NOT to have excess fat then it will go away.

The reasons are this:

Ample food
    Proper hormones
    An active lifestyle

I have people losing pounds a week eating 1600-3k a day due to the above 3 reasons.
    They lose fat and maintain lean mass.

No brainer right?

He has absolutely great advice, OP you should listen to him. Good luck!
    I totally agree that he gives great advice! Hullo Dan, u don't know me, but I love your road map and may occasionally stalk you when I want to see stuff that makes sense : )
  • Tex_Zen
    Tex_Zen Posts: 10
    I don't believe that there are any bad times to eat.....HOWEVER.....what you eat is more important.

Maybe high protein something. Drink water after work-out hydrate.....might curb hunger, if it does
    forgo the evening snack.

Just thoughts on the subject.

Lisa
  • LOL at people who still think one should eat MORE to lose weight. That just doesn't make any sense. The whole "crashing your metabolism" myth has been debunked many times. This myth is why I tried for years to lose weight and I never could.
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    LOL at people who still think one should eat MORE to lose weight. That just doesn't make any sense. The whole "crashing your metabolism" myth has been debunked many times. This myth is why I tried for years to lose weight and I never could.

LOL at people who think that random diet pills from target "couldn't hurt"....(regarding comment in another thread by above poster)
  • LOL at people who still think one should eat MORE to lose weight. That just doesn't make any sense. The whole "crashing your metabolism" myth has been debunked many times. This myth is why I tried for years to lose weight and I never could.

LOL at people who think that random diet pills from target "couldn't hurt"....(regarding comment in another thread by above poster)

And OTC pill from target made of green tea and caffeine? Yeah sounds pretty dangerous to me.
  • elijhasmomma
    elijhasmomma Posts: 270 Member
    annnnnnnnnd the claws come out :laugh:

i mean it was simple question. so you have older women eating more burning more then me? okkk, well seeing as I have only been on MFP **two weeks (edit) and haven't entered a weigh-in yet how would you know? but yes, i tend to think you have good advice as I have read many of your posts on the thread Dan.

I have never had an eating disordr, I do not binge. My main problem was A.)getting pregnant and letting all caution go with the wind and B.) not being active enough after I had my son and just eating whatever not thinking about the nutrition of it all.

I use zumbacalories.com as it came highly recommended by users of this site, that it turned out to be pretty accurate compared to their HRM. Once I get my HRM (yes, a good one, not a cheap one as someone stated-Garmin 740-750 i beleve) I will be able to compare and if it was wrong all I can do is adjust and then hoorah for me, maybe i WASN't so under on my net. My c25K was configured using the headquarter sites for running and walking (not selling a product). I calculated my running at the lowest speed they had (12mins per mile) I'd rather be under then over anyday. I DO eat some exercise cals back sometimes I just dnt like it.

I guess I'll know if it's working or not when I go weigh in on the 20th and take measurements. I'll be sure to post back results.