What is your HONEST reason for losing weight??????

Options
1484950515254»

Replies

• Mowen0606
    Options
    I would like to not feel old when I am old! That and the fact that almost none of my clothes fit. :-(
  • xRedRockerx
    xRedRockerx Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to wear the kind of clothes that I feel most comfortable in without receiving stares from others for showing too much fat.
  • TheKeithEllis
    TheKeithEllis Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    My kids... I don't want to be a fat dad.
    My Health... I want to live as long as possible, losing weight gives you a better chance of that
    For me... I've never been slim, I am getting there.
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Maybe my husband will want to have sex more.... I seem to want it a lot more than he does and even when we do have it, it has to be bedtime, in bed, lights off, maybe the shower every now and then lol Not a very adventurous lover I'm afraid
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    i didnt really want to when i started. i mean... i had become accepting of my fate as a fat person and was tolerant of my bad habits and limitations... after 25 years or so of fighting it.

but then i moved up to this neighborhood where there is a gym on literally every corner. there are 8 in one 4 block radius. and there isnt much else because we are on the outskirts of town. also you cant walk down the street without getting run over by a jogger. so on a whim i thought if i joined the gym that would give me something to do while my kid is at school. and no time like a move to make a change like that. so i did. and then i learned to love it. so i dieted too. (joined weight watchers again)... then they annoyed me so i stopped paying them and came here.

over time my motivation has changed from boredom to health and vanity, but only as i saw results and realized how much better i felt and looked when i lost. some other things changed too, like i started spending time on my appearance in the morning. keeping the house cleaner (sometimes), and wanting to see doctors and work on some health problems i have ignored for years. and the more i took care of myself, the more stress was lifted off my shoulders... things i didnt know were weighing me down. weight that goes WITH the weight.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I want to be confident in clothing, and not in clothing for that matter.

I want to be comfortable in my own skin.

More than I want to "lose weight", I want to be fit.
  • Lane1012
    Lane1012 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    To be able to run shirtless.
  • ravenclawseekergirl
    ravenclawseekergirl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    To not be in so much pain...maybe even to get rid of it. I have chronic pain from a muscular condition and I don't remember what it feels like to not be in pain.
  • missnville
    Options
    Hi - I am new here. My honest reason is that I want to look good and feel good for ME. I have been out of high school 25 years and I ran into a few of my old friends and I swear, I did not know them... they were... large and just had really let themselves go. I do NOT want that for myself.
  • CountryBabe75
    CountryBabe75 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    My mom died suddenly in 2010 of several heart related issues and obesity. Although I gained weight with each of my three preganancies, I didn't really see that as an issue. I knew I stayed tired all the time, but I thought it was because I worked, had three young children who didn't sleep at night and I had no help taking care of them and the house.

On a routine doctor visit in the spring of 2012, I find out I had a blood pressure of 158/102. That scared me to death. I could not end up like my mom. We had always talked about how my kids were going to grow up and what they would do with their lives. She could see their potential and how bright their future would be. She would kind of jokingly say that my dad probably wouldn't live long enough to see what they became, but none of us ever dreamed she wouldn't be here. She was right and my dad died in the spring of 2013.

I have to live long enough to see my grandchildren. I have to be here to provide whatever it takes for my kids to reach their full potential. I have lost 30 pounds in the last year and a half, but still have a long way to go. The most important part though is how much better I feel and how much stronger I am. The best part is my blood pressure is consistently 112/70. Mission accomplished!
  • sjeannot
    sjeannot Posts: 143
    Options
    I got tired of getting off the train in NYC and walking up just one single flight of steps and my heart beating as if I had just run a marathon. It was unhealthy weight and so glad I made the choice to do better for me.
  • jillymarie101379
    Options
    I don't want to be diabetic anymore. I want to lessen my chances of Cancer re-occurring. I don't want to feel fat and embarrassed anymore.
  • celesteflenory
    celesteflenory Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My is vain. Sue me. I want to look good naked. :-)
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I want to feel better instead of tired all the time. Get my health back on track and not feel depressed.
  • iiprincesaii
    Options
    -wearing whatever i want
    -to look good naked
    -to stay healthy
  • starmickey03
    starmickey03 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I just want my pre-kids body back!
  • titianwasp
    titianwasp Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I cannot get any younger...what I can do is get fitter. If you are fit in your 40's, 50's, 60's etc... you can still look GOOD. I want to be the woman who still turns heads at 60, but that's not happening unless I am fit.
  • Chuck_Finley
    Options
    2 reasons:
    Get laid more (about 80% of my motivation)
    Go to the gym. I'm too self conscious about my body in the gym. I'm a skinnyfat male. My friend begs me to go all the time. He knows theres a reason why I won't go. I tell him I'm happy with my lifestyle. I'm not. I think for me, step 1 lies with just shedding my excess baggage, step 2 is working out more.