You're a woman, would you become involved..

Replies

• LizHowerton
    LizHowerton Posts: 329 Member
    60 and 45 no problem--go for it!
  • hollyk57
    hollyk57 Posts: 520 Member
    Age is just a number... my hubby is a bit older than me and we're a perfect fit. We get some dirty looks every now and then, but I don't care because we love each other with all our hearts and have never been happier. Just follow your heart
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    hmm.. I am 25 so hard to say because I currently only like older men, but I'm gonna go with yes, when I'm 60 I would happily date a guy 15 years younger.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    If he was closer to your age, would you have any other possible reasons for not going out with him? If it is just the age, why not try it out? It's just a date, not like you are committing to marriage....
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    My boyfriend and I are almost 12 years apart. He's 42 and I'll be 54 in October. We've been together for 4 years :love: We're both mature adults, hard working both fun loving...I don't notice the age difference (neither does he). And most people think we're about the same age. It is honestly the healthiest relationship I've ever been in!!!!
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Oh my gosh....go get him! It's one date. A serious relationship would be a lot more to consider (especially the age difference), but one date is nothing. You can always brag afterwards that you "robbed the cradle."
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    I've been involved with a man 19 years younger that me for about 10 years. When we started he was 30 and I was 49. Now he's 40 and I'm 59.
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    The question is "are you comfortable"? If it doesn't bother you and you guys have a nice connection my question is "why not"? Age is just a number, it doesn't define you as a person, show him what ya working with!
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Personally, age is only a number if you are both wanting the same things from your life.

I used to be with someone 19 years older than me, and even though we ended up having kids, really in the end as a young 20 year old I wanted more from my life than he did at that point. When we split I was 31 and he was 50. I am eager to marry, don't want anymore kids, etc. He has been divorced twice.

So again, i think if you are both ok with what you want from your life and relationship age doesn't matter.
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    HELL YEAH! I'm dating a guy 20 years younger than me. Go kill that *kitten*! Don't think twice about it. But do be aware that the younger guys sometimes think they are throwing older ladies a bone...like we're desperate or something. Don't let him treat you like dirt, no guy is worth that *kitten*....just saying. But if he is honest and sincere, hell yeah..go have a blast, I'm guessing based on my own experience, he won't be able to keep up with you anyway..lol.
  • I personally wouldn't because I'm attracted to older men, but nothing wrong with it!

The only time an age difference starts to creep me out is if the younger party is the same or similar age to the older party's children.

This. Exactly.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    I prefer older guys but do it if you waaaant. :D
  • JamesterCK
    JamesterCK Posts: 109 Member
    Go for it! Definitely don't pass up a chance with someone you might have a great connection with just because of age. In my case, my husband is 48, I'm 27. When I met him I just knew, and age didn't matter. My family didn't care either; he has a daughter older than me and a son only 3 years younger, but they were all cool with our relationship. We've been together 6 years, married for 5, and couldn't be happier! I realize the gender issue is reversed, but I don't think it's really any different being an older woman dating a younger guy; I would do it. Just make sure to do what will make you happy :)
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Oh you gals are great, and a some of you a total hoot!!

I guess a date will tell me more about him for sure and, his maturity. I think it seems logical that at some point "most" men do mature as much as they are going to in their minds :laugh: but wait, guys, I believe the same is true for women:wink: I mean I am going on 60 but I still think as young as I did when I was 30, honestly, I do.

It's too bad none of the guys wanted to chime in on this but there are so many young hotties here I can understand none of the guys being interested in an older gal;) That's ok because I know there is someone that will be attracted to me when the time comes. For now, I'm still deciding on whether or not to go on a date with this younger man;)

Thank you all for your feedback, it was really fun to read all the replies, and encouraging:) denise:drinker: :drinker:
  • To me 15 years doesn't seem like that big of a difference.... he must really be into you if he asked you out, so I would go for it!
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    So he's 45? Not a big deal. Go for it.

If you were like 30 and he was 15, then that would not be right. But you're older now so do it!
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Oh Gilda!! I didn't see your post til this a.m. You were like my first friend here 60 or so days ago!! We are the same age and you are dating a younger guy, yeeeeeeeeeeehaw!! This is fabulous!! denise:drinker: :drinker:
    I've been involved with a man 19 years younger that me for about 10 years. When we started he was 30 and I was 49. Now he's 40 and I'm 59.
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Age is just a number.

Go for it and see where it takes you!
  • cyclingben
    cyclingben Posts: 346 Member
    <---- Cougar Lover .... Iv had 3 gf that were between 11-15 yrs older than me and we had a blast together
  • Terree83
    Terree83 Posts: 93
    Absolutely!! Go for it and have a good time... what do you have to lose??