Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Replies

• skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Hi guys!! I'm still here, just super busy as we head into Winter Break. I'm trying so hard to get the majority of my grading done by Friday, so I can actually enjoy some of my time off. I'm planning a baby shower for a colleague on the 29th, so I will be busy with that after Christmas. Long story short, if I don't get grading done now, I will be swamped after that.

I will check in again over the weekend, if not sooner. I am still logging most days and doing okay with food. No real movement downward on the scale, but my efforts are keeping the holiday treats from adding to my weight.
  • b_lisieux
    b_lisieux Posts: 187 Member
    @Nikion901 This time around with trying to lose weight, I seem to have developed a whole new attitude/approach. Even I don't understand where it came from. I guess my 'take it as it comes' attitude and more easy going manner this go round has made sticking to the plan much easier. It somehow takes the stress off and when I do have a day like I had on Sunday, or even after a trip or whatever, I am right back on it, something I never did in the past. In years gone by, after a day during the holidays like I had on Sunday, I'd just say forget it, I might as well just eat what I want because I'm going to gain weight anyhow. Not this time. No stress or putting that stress on myself. I used to be like you, logging every morsel that I ate that day, stressing out over getting it perfect, so I totally understand that approach too. I can't even explain why this time is different for me. I sometimes wonder that myself. Another new thing for me is that if I won't enjoy something, it doesn't go in my mouth. Now when I eat a calorie, it's because I like it and I'm not afraid to leave something on a plate when out somewhere if I won't enjoy it. By the same token, if I really like something or want it, I'll eat it, enjoy it, log it and no stress. I'm not sure I recognize this person inside of me anymore but I hope she doesn't leave. :smile:
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Holiday Exercise Challenge/Goal/Plan

Name: Nikion901 (Niki)
    Goal: 30 minutes workouts 3 times a week

November 22 - 110 minutes, but in 2 sessions
    November 29 - 180 minutes, in 2 sessions again
    December 6 - 225 minutes, in 3 sessions
    December 13 - 120 minutes, in 3 sessions
    December 20 - 60 minutes, in 2 sessions
    December 27
    January 3
    January 10

Continuing with Weight reporting Wednesday ...
    11/22/17 = 227.4
    11/29/17 = 226.8
    12/6/17 = 227.4
    12/13/17 = 227.6
    12/20/17 = 225.8

b_lisieux wrote: »
    @Nikion901 .... I used to be like you, logging every morsel that I ate that day, stressing out over getting it perfect, so I totally understand that approach too. ..... I'm not sure I recognize this person inside of me anymore but I hope she doesn't leave. :smile:

@b_lisieux ... I hope the new you sticks around as well. But you got it wrong about me ... yes I do log every morsel that I ate as best as I can but I don't stress over getting it perfect. For me, it's a matter of accurate data input to get the stats that I am interested in. If I were to just wing it on what I ate, then I wouldn't bother to record it at all because the information provided would be false.

There ARE other ways to measure what we eat besides the labor intensive calorie count method. And they work too. It's all a matter of eating less than you need to maintain your current needs. I think if I decided to stop counting calories that any other method would still have me looking at the portions and their sizes because I've learned that hunger and feelings of fullness don't always either prompt me to eat or to stop eating, heh, heh, heh ... :)
  • raindogmaa
    raindogmaa Posts: 205 Member
    Greetings All! It was a good food aware week for me. I have been logging everyday and really paying attention to it. That is a big NSV for me. AND I had a scale victory as well. I dropped 2.9 lbs this week. The exercise challenge is where I have failed in my goals. This month just be came so busy! I did flowers for a wedding this weekend and it took so much of my time and energy. The Flowers looked stunning and I was so please with that. So I guess I am out of the exercise challenge because I have NOT been focused on that.

Have a great day everyone... and a wonderful holiday weekend!

Name: Cyndy aka @raindogmaa
    Weight: 208.8
    Initial Goal: 199
    Ultimate goal: 150

• happygirlxxx
    happygirlxxx Posts: 301 Member
    Holiday Exercise Plan!

Name: Ana
    Goal: Exercise 3 x week for 45 minutes.

Nov 22: 3x10+K steps + 1x45’ spinning :)
    Nov 29: 1x60’ + 1x30’ spinning + 1x45’ Pilates
    Dec 06: none! Back was hurting :(
    Dec 13: 1x30’ dancing + 1x30’ spinning + 3x10K steps
    Dec 20: 540 min (1x45’ + 3x60’ + 1x15’ pilates + 2x45 yoga + 2x45 + 1x60’ + 1x30’ + 1x15’ spinning + 1x15’ rowing) :)
    Dec 27:
    Jan 03:
    Jan 10:

I didn't realize I had exercised that much this week!! Great!! The last couple days I had not done much though because been with a horrible migraine, but tomorrow 9am I have Pilates so back on track.

My problem is still the food ... I am so disorganized lately and these couple next week wont be better; but I have promised myself next year I will create weekly menus as well as weekly routines of exercises that I need to follow .. if not I will never get to my goal.

I made a Baileys Chocolate Triple Layer Cheesecake for a friend ... didnt look too professional, but it did taste good (so I guess that is more important, right? ;) )

1k60zmbpddeu.jpeg

MIL is arriving tomorrow!!! Her flight from Buenos Aires is already delayed, so I hope she doesn't lose her connecting flight in Amsterdam because she doesn't have a cell and doesn't speak English either, so not sure how would I know in which flight she is in if she doesn't make it ... but part of the adventure!

Hope you are having a good week!!
  • pneschich
    pneschich Posts: 325 Member
    Wednesday and struggling with everything. Me weight is bouncing and I’m freaking out. My 2 pound swings are now closer to 5. I’m pretty sure that the increased energy output and bad water management are the culprits but dang 5(!!!!)lbs heavy! Monday rest day Tuesday jogged and it was hard. Today walked 3.5 miles. Anger walked today. Just mad, unfocused mad. Angry at work, kids just frustrated angry. I don’t know how to fix that. I’m not sure how to get to 5k jogging. I’ve looked at plans but the wall at about a quarter of a mile is daunting. I know it’s only a week but I really want something to work, be easy and not feel like I’m crashing into a brick wall at 100 mph
  • b_lisieux
    @pneschich I hope each day gets better! Don't freak out. You've got this. Stay focused. One day at a time, one bite at a time, one step at a time. You are not crashing into a brick wall....look at how far you've come already!

@happygirlxxx Enjoy your visit with your MIL. I hope the rest of her trip went uneventful after the delay. Your cake looks delicious. :wink:

@raindogmaa Congrats on the great weight loss and the NSV!!! You're doing great!
  • birgitkwood
    birgitkwood Posts: 486 Member
    edited December 2017
    @pneschich - feeling the same way, Bro! My weight is up about 5#s and nearly every day something happens to derail my efforts to get "back to normal." It's the holidays! And in your case you have a bunch of emotional stuff going on as well. Difficult stuff.

So, in only 10 days the holiday season will officially be over. It'll be a new year, a new week, a new month. A time to regroup and focus! I plan to fully get back in the groove on Jan 1st. Join me, please! It'll be good to have your company. (In the meantime it is my goal not to do TOO much more damage, but looking at upcoming celebrations, frankly - it's not looking good)
  • jam5660
    jam5660 Posts: 126 Member
    Hey all, I dropped off the MFP plant back at Thanksgiving. The stresses of family life, holidays and prego brain that won't let me think straight as well as some ongoing pregnancy complications just got to me and something had to go. I haven't been logging or anything since then but have been doing fairly well though I am feeling the aches of not being able to exercise. But i'm Only up 2 lb, and i'm not even sure about that because I have to drink about 30oz of water before even getting out of bed(fighting dehydration and dizziness and its the only thing that helps) and of course drinking tons more throughout the day makes it hard to get a good weight. Anyway just wanted everyone know i'm still around and the plan is to come back around in January, once a lot of this craziness I call my life right know calms a bit. Looking forward to catching up with everyone!
  • Nikion901
    Hi @jam5660 ... My grandniece just had her second child this week ... he was determined to be a Christmas Baby but mom and dad had alternate plans and they won out! ... Hope you are feeling better soon, pregnancies take a lot out of a woman. Keep well.

Hi @birgitkwood ... Me too ... along with your and @pneschich ... like, where did that 5 pounds come from in the past 2 days? Must be something wrong with my scale.

Hi @b_lisieux ... you cheer everyone on ... but how are YOU doing? Great, I hope!

Ana @happygirlxxx ... good looking cake, makes me want to bake something for my family Christmas Eve party. Maybe some of those savory and sweet filled buns my mom used to make for us. They need a yeast dough and are time consuming to make, but if I were to actually bake something, they would be it.

@raindogmaa ... You did really well this week with your weight loss! So what if you have fallen off the exercise challenge .. no need to consider yourself dropped off unless you want to quit reporting on it ... it's all a do as you wish thing, isn't it.

AFM on this snowy Friday here in Western New York (some call it Upstate, but not I :) ) ...
    I did my annual review this week and spent a lot of time getting my sheets and goals ready for 2018. One of my goals is to get out amongst people more than I have been ... getting to be a real recluse and need to fight that solitude in my life ...

I won't bore you with all the reasons why my social life has shrunken to the point where I think it is something that needs to be tweaked ... except to say that's one reason why I am so active on this thread, and on other social media ... I'm trying to stay connected.

Today, I was reading an article from the SilverSneakers organization and got an idea for something that just might be the ticket. ... TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) ... there is a local chapter about 4 miles away at a local church. They do have small annual club fee, plus a monthly meeting center fee ... so I need to take another look at my January budget to see if this is something I can plan on for anytime soon ... Still, it's an idea worth thinking about ... at least for 2018.

Well ... hope I didn't miss saying 'hi' to anyone who posted since the last time I did. Have a wonderful weekend, and if you celebrate Christmas ... then may it be Merry and Bright, and may all your wishes come true.
    Niki
  • happygirlxxx
    Hi all!! Just wanted to stop by to read the posts and see how everyone is doing ... busy with MIL, but glad she is here ... seeing my husband so happy is best gift!
    Take care all, move a bit this weekend to get ready for all the xmas treats ;)
  • b_lisieux
    @Nikion901 Ahhh, thanks for asking. I try to stay positive, probably more so in print than I am in real life. I know how hard it is to lose weight, it's a daily struggle, and I know life can throw us curves that can de-rail us for one reason or another. I am fine, taking it one day at a time just like everyone else. Weight-wise I'm doing ok considering all the events that I've done since Thanksgiving. My goal was to be at or near what I weighed right before Thanksgiving and I'm just 1/4 lb over that at this point, so I'll take it as a win so far. But, starting tomorrow night, for over a week, it will not be so good. Christmas Eve and Day will be followed by a 1 day lull, another party the day after that and a 5 day trip after that, so on Jan. 3rd, life will be back to normal, as will my food intake. Still, it's better than in other years when I'd just eat from TG on through New Years. It's far easier for me to cheer others on than it is for me to cheer my own self on but that's just me. I can be your biggest cheerleader, and my own worst critic. :smile:

I had a friend who lost weight with TOPS. She lived in Clifton Park (a suburb of Albany and did it there) but now lives in the Buffalo area. Maybe TOPS will give you a reason to get out and meet some new people. LOL about your calling where you live western NY, not upstate. I'm originally from NYC and we always called it upstate and I still do actually, when talking about places in NY, even though I no longer live in NYC.

@happygirlxxx Enjoy the time with your MIL and knowing how happy your husband is with her there. You are a great DIL and wife!

Not sure how much I will be on here between now and Jan. 3rd. I will try to check in, at least to read, as I can. I wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and Happy any other holiday you may celebrate.
  • birgitkwood
    birgitkwood Posts: 486 Member
    Where do you live, @b_lisieux? Near me, maybe? I'm in Amsterdam, NY.
  • b_lisieux
    @birgitkwood It's @Nikion901 that lives in western NY. I live in southwest Ohio now. I am originally from New York City though.
  • Nikion901
    edited December 2017
    Oh @birgitkwood and @b_lisieux ... I know Amsterdam and Clifton Park ... Central NY ... and yes, some people say that is Upstate ... beautiful area, about 6 hours east (by car on the expressway) of where I live. ... And of course, the 'Big Apple' NYC ... I never lived there, but did live just on the other side in New Jersey when I was a little girl.
  • bapcarrier
    bapcarrier Posts: 209 Member
    Hi everyone, I've been pretty quiet these last few weeks, not for any reason except that the holidays kind of get me down. So of course, what do I do when I'm down? EAT... I put on about 6 pounds since my low of 199! Onederland came and went. :( I have decided to just try to keep things at the 6 pound gain thru the rest of the holidays and then start fresh in beginning of the year. I actually restarted this journey on January 14 (or so) 2017. Even with the gain, I'm still down 52 pounds for the year so I'll take that as a success. I'm half way there!

@jam5660 good to hear form you. Keep us posted on your health and congrats again! <3
    @b_lisieux you have a great attitude. I know you can make it through the holidays and your trip. You did really good on your trip to the Amish country.
    @Nikion901 TOPS doesn't seem to get much publicity but it has remained a weight loss plan for many years so it must do something right. My mother became a TOPS member back in the 1960's in yup you guessed it, northern New York State where I grew up. :) She did very well on it. As I remember she followed the plan and she took a walk several times a week. I don't know about the fees, but I agree adding extras is always something to think about. I have so many things I have planned or still want to do that with my limited income I am trying it this way again this year. Good luck with whatever you do and even if you do join TOPS I assume (hope) you still plan to post on MFP.
    Have to get going. Hello to those I didn't mention. Merry Christmas to those that celebrate and Happy New Year to all!
  • happygirlxxx
    9k56ra19lewo.jpeg

Buon Natale!!
  • pneschich
    pneschich Posts: 325 Member
    Merry Christmas! Hristos si rodi. Christ is born
  • Nikion901
    S Rozhdestvom! Merry Christmas
  • b_lisieux
    I hope everyone had a good Christmas. :) Of course I went over on calories yesterday but it was all worth every bite. Today will be busy putting things away, and packing for our trip. I feel like it's a whirlwind of activity around here. Just wanted to say hi and hope everyone had a good holiday and a good day today. :smile: