Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Replies

• raindogmaa
    raindogmaa Posts: 205 Member
    canyonGeek wrote: »
    Accidentally left my fitbit on the charger at work today. When I first realized, right away my immediate thoughts were:
    • Maybe I shouldn't work out tonight, since it won't count.
    • Maybe I should eat less, because calorie expenditure will be less accurate without the heart rate monitor.
    Pretty crazy, huh? It's amazing how attached we get to these devices. (I am laughing at myself pretty hard right now.) And don't worry, about to get on the treadmill - just thought I would share this brief moment of insanity. Any other similarly crazy fitbit-ers out there?

I am with you @canyongeek !!! If I don't have my fitbit, I am bummed that my walking won't count. But in reality it really does. LOL!
  • happygirlxxx
    happygirlxxx Posts: 301 Member
    Hi all - sorry I have been MIA. Hope everyone is doing well and super ready to start the spring challenge!
    Unfortunately this time I will have to skip it ... long story short as of June I will be back permanently in NY but for the next 3 months I will be traveling back and forth ... 2 weeks in each place ... so doubt I will be able to focus much. I will continue reading your post and cheering you though! :) Take care!
  • raindogmaa
    raindogmaa Posts: 205 Member
    Think Spring! Challenge
    Name: Cyndy Payo
    Height: 5'3
    Highest Weight: 252
    Start Weight (Mar 01, 2018): 207
    Goal Weight (Apr 27, 2018): 190

Weigh-ins, week of
    Mar 09:
    Mar 16:
    Mar 23:
    Mar 30:
    Apr 06:
    Apr 13:
    Apr 20:
    Apr 27:

Weight -/+ this week:
    Weight -/+ this challenge:
    Total weight lost: 45
  • moodybear2003
    moodybear2003 Posts: 225 Member
    Think Spring! Challenge
    Name: Heather
    Height: 5' 5"
    Highest Weight: 308
    Start Weight (Mar 01, 2018): 306
    Goal Weight (Apr 27, 2018): 290

Weigh-ins, week of
    Mar 09:
    Mar 16:
    Mar 23:
    Mar 30:
    Apr 06:
    Apr 13:
    Apr 20:
    Apr 27:

Weight -/+ this week:
    Total weight lost:
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Thursday Truth ... I've been looking at all the entrants into the new weight loss challenge and am feeling like perhaps I'm not challenging myself very much ... with just aiming to lose 1/2 pound a week ... however the way my weight has yo-yo'd I am trying really hard to become better at consistency.

@happygirlxxx ... wow ...coming back to the USA .... and to my state! Do you know where in NY? Good luck with all the traveling bac-n-4th you will be doing. Safe travels.

@tdunnegan ... oh-ho, you found me out! :D Glad something in that book resonated for you. I'm reading it at odd moments and haven't gotten to anything about this yet ... but I wonder if I will. I realized today that I don't call mealtime 'meals' or by the typical names, or even 'eating'. Somehow it has morphed in 'feeding' ... like when it's time to 'feed the (name your favorite animal)', or 'feed the baby'. Kind of takes the emotion out of the task.
  • DebCountsAll
    DebCountsAll Posts: 471 Member
    Nikion901 wrote: »
    Thursday Truth ... I've been looking at all the entrants into the new weight loss challenge and am feeling like perhaps I'm not challenging myself very much ... with just aiming to lose 1/2 pound a week ... however the way my weight has yo-yo'd I am trying really hard to become better at consistency.

Hold on! Consistency is a fantastic goal! That is definitely a goal that leads to life changing habits. I picked my goal just based on two pounds a week. I think that's at the top end of realistic. Let's be real: weighing less is a win. Everything more than that is fuel for the fire :)
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    BarneyRubbleMD Posts: 1,092 Member
    Think Spring! Challenge

Name: BarneyRubbleMD
    Height: 5' 3"
    Highest Weight: 317 lbs (1/3/2017)
    Start Weight (Mar 01, 2018): 211.8
    Goal Weight (Apr 27, 2018): 203.8 (i.e. lose 1 lb/week)

Weigh-ins, week of
    Mar 07:
    Mar 14:
    Mar 21:
    Mar 28:
    Apr 04:
    Apr 11:
    Apr 18:
    Apr 25:

Weight -/+ this week:
    Total weight lost (since 1/3/2017):
  • Nikion901
    Friday Fitness ... I am going out to snow plow and snow shovel ... so that will be my exercise for today. Although I do need to dance to some songs today for one of the challenges I am in. :p my dancing is not anything anyone from my generation would recognize as dancing, but i do get to move around and make certain every part of me gets moved good.

• b_lisieux
    b_lisieux Posts: 187 Member
    @happygirlxxx Big move coming your way and lots of travel. Hopefully you are saving frequent flyer miles! :smile: What part of NY are you moving to? I am originally from NYC. Safe travels.

I have so many events in my life that seem to focus around food, but I make the best choices I can always. I lose weight slowly but slow and steady wins the race, right? So, I've set my goal fairly low, only 1/2 lb per week. Anything over that, will be a plus. The fewer meals out or parties or trips, the better I'll do. (My age doesn't help either LOL) But I also look at the upside of all the activities. I am Blessed to have so many in my life to celebrate and be with. :smile: Life is good.

Think Spring! Challenge
    Name: Margie
    Height: 5’1 ½”
    Highest Weight: 295.0
    Start Weight (Mar 01, 2018): 267.25
    Goal Weight (Apr 27, 2018): 263.25 (keeping it realistic @.5/wk for my life events)

Weigh-ins, week of
    Mar 09:
    Mar 16:
    Mar 23:
    Mar 30:
    Apr 06:
    Apr 13:
    Apr 20:
    Apr 27:

Weight -/+ this week:
    Total weight lost: 27.75
  • flgirl41
    flgirl41 Posts: 7 Member
    So, this is my first challenge ever !

Think Spring! Challenge.

Name: Eva
    Height: 5` 9"
    Highest Weight: 264.2 ( 2017. Apr. )
    Start weight ( Mar.01.2018 ) : 254.2 lbs
    Goal weight ( Ar.27.2018 ) : 238.2 lbs

Weight-ins,week of
    Mar 09:
    Mar 16:
    Mar 23:
    Mar 30:
    Apr 06:
    Apr 13:
    Apr 20:
    Apr 27:

Weight-/+ this week:
    Weight-/+ this challenge:

Total weight loss:

Good luck to everybody !

~ Eva ~
  • iWishMyNameWasRebel
    iWishMyNameWasRebel Posts: 174 Member
    My first challenge here, and I'm excited!

Think Spring! Challenge
    Name: Lydia
    Height: 5' 9"
    Highest Weight: 370
    Start Weight (Mar 01, 2018): 282
    Goal Weight (Apr 27, 2018): 270

Weigh-ins, week of
    Mar 09:
    Mar 16:
    Mar 23:
    Mar 30:
    Apr 06:
    Apr 13:
    Apr 20:
    Apr 27:

Weight -/+ this week:
    Total weight lost since highest weight: So far, 88lbs. I had gotten down to 225, but regained. Trying again!
  • ckozl81
    ckozl81 Posts: 59 Member
    Think Spring! Challenge
    Name: Carol
    Height: 5'8.5"
    Highest Weight: 364
    Start Weight (Mar 01, 2018): 340
    Goal Weight (Apr 27, 2018):334

Weigh-ins, week of
    Mar 09:
    Mar 16:
    Mar 23:
    Mar 30:
    Apr 06:
    Apr 13:
    Apr 20:
    Apr 27:

Weight -/+ this week:
    Total weight lost:

On a side note my week of no processed carbs challenge is over. Per the gym scale I'm down 4 pounds at home it's 5.8 pounds I chalk that up to how I'm dressed to weigh in :blush: at home vs the gym. A loss is a loss though and a good one. I will definitely be eating less carbs most meals but I won't fret over a bowl of pasta either if I really want it just not weekly like I did in the past.
  • Nikion901
    ckozl81 wrote: »
    I will definitely be eating less carbs most meals but I won't fret over a bowl of pasta either if I really want it just not weekly like I did in the past.

That's me Carol ... right with you. I've got myself to pasta once or twice a month now instead of once a week ... it's taken a long time. I used to use pasta as a frugal meal alternative ... but ate too much of it. Now, when I do have it, I'm learning to have 1 serving, or maybe 1.5 instead of the 2-4 that were the norm! ... It's ok to have carbs, even high starch carbs such as pasta, bread, sugar, and dense carb foods such as potatoes, yams, beans, etc ... we just need to do it in moderation. I keep telling myself ... "Niki, don't look at the size of it in your feed bowl, look at the number of carb grams you are taking in ... because 15 grams of carb is a serving." :)

• Birder165
    Birder165 Posts: 484 Member
    Think Spring! Challenge
    Name: Karen
    Height: 5'7"
    Highest Weight: 280ish was my highest weight ever but my starting weight on Jan. 18/18 was 274.2
    Start Weight (Mar 01, 2018): 257. 8
    Goal Weight (Apr 27, 2018): 237.8

Weigh-ins, week of
    Mar 09:
    Mar 16:
    Mar 23:
    Mar 30:
    Apr 06:
    Apr 13:
    Apr 20:
    Apr 27:

Weight -/+ this week:
    Total weight lost:

Hi Everyone! Thank you for having an open challenge and welcoming newcomers!

After having yet another blowout eating session today, I found this thread and hope to come along for the ride.
    I've had 12 days of eating over maintenance calories since beginning back in January and despite that, I've lost 16.4 pounds so far. I'm trying to be patient with myself and I'm getting right back on plan the day after and not giving in to feelings of failure or guilt. I used to avoid recording the foods I eat when I binged but not this time. I record everything. This is a huge step for me. I also avoid the scale for several days after.

Binges, weighing daily and not seeing numbers I wanted to see and not having patience used to all contribute to derailment in the past 1000 attempts at weight loss so I'm working on dealing with all of these this time around.
    I AM succeeding this time!!!

Best to Everyone!
    - Karen

• mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    @Nikion901 - It doesn’t matter the amount you want to lose the consistency goal is almost better for that will lead to lower numbers.
    @b-lisieux- slow and steady is my motto too.
    Good luck to everyone with the challenge
  • happygirlxxx
    happygirlxxx Posts: 301 Member
    @b_lisieux @Nikion901 we are debating where to go actually ... the worst timing for us to have sold our house ... now we need to find where we live so we were thinking NYC ... I need to find a job and being in the city might make it easier ... don’t know .... uncertain times for sure!
  • Birder165
    Birder165 Posts: 484 Member
    Thank you for the welcome, canyonGeek! I'm excited to see how well we all do.
  • cjbrummet
    cjbrummet Posts: 66 Member
    Think Spring! Challenge
    Name: Catherine
    Height: 5’ 3”
    Highest Weight: 256
    Start Weight (Mar 01, 2018): 204.4
    Goal Weight (Apr 27, 2018): 192

Weigh-ins, week of
    Mar 09:
    Mar 16:
    Mar 23:
    Mar 30:
    Apr 06:
    Apr 13:
    Apr 20:
    Apr 27:

Weight -/+ this week:
    Total weight lost:

I hope it is not too late to join in. Sorry I have been away from the computer.

I just celebrated my birthday this week and I splurged off my diet with California Pizza Kitchen. I love the food. I used to work there when I was in college. I actually think that is how I started gaining my weight. Before I worked there I worked at Red Lobster and I don't eat seafood. So for my lunch between shifts I would eat the grilled chicken salad that they used to have. I wore a size 8 back then. I started working CPK and got up to a size 14 when I graduated. Of course my bad eating continued and I got as big as a size 22.

My old hospital that I worked at for 17 years closed on Feb 28 this year. A group of employees planned a party on March 1. I went with my sister and I felt like I was at a high school reunion where none of my best friends showed up. Mostly a bunch of acquaintances. My sister and I left early and the next day on Facebook I see that all my friends showed up after I had left. Wouldn't you know it I missed it.

• Hello im new to the group.