Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Replies

• Navallez
    Navallez Posts: 436 Member
    kbeyer23 wrote: »
    Hi everyone! Hope you all had a nice weekend. Here are the numbers I have going so far-
    vq650dbx6kxm.jpg
    I have two lists of people- the first is people who are participating in the challenge:
    @kbeyer23 @arschrock @DebCountsAll @happygirlxxx @SammyKlingler @moodybear2003 @skinnyjeanzbound @EmergencyGraphics @thelifeilove1 @sweeetypie1 @natshaw19 @_Shelly_Belly_ @jogetsgains @MommaBear712 @jkaczke5811
    If I missed you (sorry!) or if you changed your mind, let me know!

The second is check-ins I have so far for the week ending in the 6/23 weigh in. Those who HAVE checked in are: myself, @DebCountsAll @moodybear2003 @skinnyjeanzbound @_Shelly_Belly_ @MommaBear712

Ok, so obviously summer is a busy time and not everyone is able to check weekly, so that definitely affects our overall percentage- BUT no worries- everyone should just keep on doing their best and checking in when/where possible. I'm hoping after all is said and done we are going to be BLOWN AWAY by what we have cumulatively accomplished! We have currently lost 10% of our goal. 30lbs is not too shabby!

Again, for the week of 6/24, we are working on Steps/Moving More.

How can I join?
  • rosileem
    rosileem Posts: 31 Member
    Tuesday: goals.

I would like to make meals that incorporate A LOT more vegetables (variety, amount, cooking style)
  • AmberGlitterSparkles
    AmberGlitterSparkles Posts: 699 Member
    Hello all,

I am new, my name is Amber. I have 150lbs to lose. I’m looking forward to being on this journey will all of you!
  • kbeyer23
    kbeyer23 Posts: 88 Member
    @jogetsgains Weigh when you want to, it's totally fine!!! I just mentioned how it affects the numbers in case anyone got discouraged by them! This is your journey- you do you! Please keep checking in just to say how you're doing, though (and if you want to go for the weekly mini-challenges!). The bigger the support system, the better!

@deputyderp Hi, Dallas- glad you're joining us! You are rocking!

@Navallez Welcome! To join the summer challenge, just copy and paste someone's stat list and input your info. We're going all summer, with weigh-ins on Friday/Saturday (although as mentioned previously- tweak this to fit whatever you need!) and we've been doing a mini-focus each week that's not weight related (such as drink more water, move more. This week it's increase your steps). Keep coming back to this thread and chat, too! :smile:

@AmberGlitterSparkles Hi! Welcome!

• deputyderp
    deputyderp Posts: 10 Member
    @kbeyer23 Thank you very much!

I need to correct my last post: my goal for this week is the mini-focus: to hit my 10k step goal every day.
    My Fitbit is my best friend right now!
  • moodybear2003
    moodybear2003 Posts: 225 Member
    I lost my sheet that had all the machines i use and what weights. I lost all my tracked progress...I can start over, but I really liked seeing every step up in weight...
  • SammyKlingler
    SammyKlingler Posts: 51 Member
    Super Summer Slimdown :sunglasses:
    Name: Sam
    Height: 5’10”
    Highest Weight: 341.2
    Start Weight (June 1, 2018): 269.2
    Goal Weight (August 31, 2018): 239.2

June 8- 262.6
    June 15- 258.0
    June 23- 258.0
    June 30-

Weight -/+ this week: 0
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -11.2
    Total weight lost: 83.2

I really needed a challenge like this to keep me going towards my goal of 100 pounds gone by the end of summer!
  • trinati2001
    trinati2001 Posts: 262 Member
    I lost my sheet that had all the machines i use and what weights. I lost all my tracked progress...I can start over, but I really liked seeing every step up in weight...

What a bummer!! I totally understand! Is it on your phone or computer? Or was it a paper sheet?
  • moodybear2003

What a bummer!! I totally understand! Is it on your phone or computer? Or was it a paper sheet?

It was a paper sheet, sadly. I kept telling myself i needed to digitize it, but never got around to it
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    @SammyKlingler --Looks like you are right on target to meet your 100 lb goal!! Go you!

@moodybear2003 --Oh, that stinks! Sorry you lost your sheet.

@deputyderp -- Welcome to the challenge! My fitbit is currently kind of my frenemy. LOL! I get so many steps in each day as a teacher, that once I'm on summer break, it's discouraging to see how much lower my daily count drops. Grrr.

@AmberGlitterSparkles & @Navallez --Welcome to you as well!

@rosileem --that's such a great goal! I LOVE fresh veggies, but I hate cooking. I especially dislike all of the prep work to cook with veggies, so I tend to just eat a lot of salads and raw veggies. I'm lazy that way. LOL!

@trinati2001 --I also had a bad day today--I wouldn't call it a binge, but I'm way over my calorie allowance due to food choices and a lack of exercise. I was very cognizant of everything I was eating, but I was just hungry. I find that if I am at or below my net calorie goal for several days in a row, I tend to have a "hungry day." I used to try to fight it, but then I usually have a string of really mediocre days vs. one bad day. So now I just accept it, log it, and move on. I've found that it has very little impact on my overall progress if I just keep it to a day and it's not too crazy (e.g. today I'm 690 over goal, so really just a couple hundred over maintenance).

@DebCountsAll --I have the same experience with carbs--if I'm having a craving, carbs just mean I'm going off the rails. Having said that, I ate a whole avocado for lunch today, and I still went over goal. However, I know if I had eaten a donut or chips, it would've been way worse.

@katrina-- have fun camping!

Tuesday Goal:
    I use a fitbit and am in several challenges, but I've been pretty lax this week TBH. A combination of rainy weather and work (yes, I still have to work some in the summer) have been a factor, but I know I can do better. Therefore, my goal is to step it up (pun intended!) for the next few days.

On a completely unrelated note, I had my dates wrong--the first two weeks we were weighing in on Fridays, but the dates for last week and this week were Saturdays. I switched them to the Friday dates to stay consistent.

Name: Karen
    Height: 5’7"
    Highest Weight: 247
    Start Weight (June 1, 2018): 201.6
    Goal Weight (August 31, 2018): 180

6/23- 6/29 challenge focus
    Up my steps--how I did:
    6/23=13,703; 6/24=14,420; 6/25=8991; 6/26=

June 8- 197.8
    June 15-200.2
    June 22- 198.2
    June 39-

Weight -/+ this week: -2
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -3.4
    Total weight lost: 48.8

• JayRaeUK
    JayRaeUK Posts: 11 Member
    I have no idea what happened yesterday...but I got home in the afternoon noon (to work from home because I needed to drop my sister off at BART) and the flood gates opened. We had an OLD bag of Doritos in the pantry which I weighed out and was going to track. They just didn't seem to stop the craving which led to an hour of non stop eating.

So here is my goal! Track the cr@p that goes into my mouth. If I was tracking I would have stopped way earlier and would have eating that .7 lbs that I gained this morning!

Anyone else have bindges that seem to be caused by nothing? What do you do to pull yourself out of it before you do too much damage?

Hey, you live in my area!

My go-to is something with a lot of fat. Think avocado, or cream cheese. The reason I went this way was another thread where weigh ins are daily, and a lot of the participants are doing keto. One of them suggested something called a "fat bomb." What the heck is that?? I googled and found a couple recipes, one for salmon/cream cheese and everything bagel topping, and another sweet one. That got me thinking that if I start in on things that are carbs, I'll eat way more than I should. The fat is satisfying.

Also, if I am hungry, I eat my next scheduled meal, and drink four cups of water. That helps tremendously.

I finally got my husband to quit buying things he knows I like. Though lately he's been bringing home doughnuts and to be honest the thought of all that sugar makes me sick. They don't tempt me. That's life with a skinny man. :joy:

That is so helpful! Thanks for sharing!
  • rosileem
    @skinnyjeanzbound ugh SAME! I’m just unaware of the many dishes I can make with veggies so my go-to is eating them raw or eating salads. I want some recipes that incorporate vegetables that aren’t my default..I know it’s summer but sometimes you want a warm cooked meal!

Wednesday wish: I wish I keep my momentum going. And I wish I have this momentum for life- I know it might seem unrealistic, and I expect there to be days of imperfection or where I go off (sometimes way off!) track. But I wish I keep coming back to a healthier way and remember to harness that drive in me
  • JayRaeUK
    JayRaeUK Posts: 11 Member
    I'm struggling a little bit at the moment with non movement! I tore a tendon in my foot and I can't move properly, and the walking cast has set off the arthritis in my lower back, I sound like my grandmother;) I'm usually such an active person and this stinks! Going from 50 hours a week to on my *kitten* is tough. Have an appointment at the fracture clinic tomorrow and hoping it means I can get back on my feet;) I'm not doing to bad staying within my calories but it's not easy when there is nothing else to do....
  • DebCountsAll
    DebCountsAll Posts: 471 Member

On a completely unrelated note, I had my dates wrong--the first two weeks we were weighing in on Fridays, but the dates for last week and this week were Saturdays. I switched them to the Friday dates to stay consistent.

June 22- 198.2
    June 39-

This is too funny. I can't wait to see what you weigh on June 39!
  • DebCountsAll
    DebCountsAll Posts: 471 Member
    JayRaeUK wrote: »
    I'm struggling a little bit at the moment with non movement! I tore a tendon in my foot and I can't move properly, and the walking cast has set off the arthritis in my lower back, I sound like my grandmother;) I'm usually such an active person and this stinks! Going from 50 hours a week to on my *kitten* is tough. Have an appointment at the fracture clinic tomorrow and hoping it means I can get back on my feet;) I'm not doing to bad staying within my calories but it's not easy when there is nothing else to do....

Ugh. Yes, being busy helps a lot with staying within calories. Knitting or crochet? It goes along with your theme of living like Grandmother :wink:
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member

June 22- 198.2
    June 39-

This is too funny. I can't wait to see what you weigh on June 39!

LOL! Thanks for catching my "new" mistake. Serves me right for typing in the dark.

Name: Karen
    Height: 5’7"
    Highest Weight: 247
    Start Weight (June 1, 2018): 201.6
    Goal Weight (August 31, 2018): 180

6/23- 6/29 challenge focus
    Up my steps--how I did:
    6/23=13,703; 6/24=14,420; 6/25=8991; 6/26=

June 8- 197.8
    June 15-200.2
    June 22- 198.2
    June 29-

Weight -/+ this week: -2
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -3.4
    Total weight lost: 48.8
  • jogetsgains
    jogetsgains Posts: 341 Member
    @JaeRaeUK do you have some free weights? Or anything heavy that you can hold? You can use this time to get some sweet cuts on your arms 😁
    Yoga belly breathing works for me when my back or knees are out. Lay on your back, breathe in as much as you possibly can and hold a sec, breathe out as much as you possibly can and hold a sec, repeat. Its good for your abs and gets your interstitial fluid moving (so they say).
  • moodybear2003
    Wednesday - Wishes: I wish this was going a little faster for me. I am not quite sure what to tweak. Every calorie calculator, MFP included, gives me like waaaay over 2000 calories per day. I try to stick at 1500 to 1800. I don't eat back any exercise calories. I'm doing 20 minutes of weights and 30 minutes of cardio 3 to 4 days a week.

I'd like to think I'm tracking accurately, I log everything I eat, and if I can't find the exact item, I try to pick what I think is accurate (I never pick the lowest or highest one, I aim for the middle) I've cut any pop drinking or fast food to the weekends, and even then, I make it fit in my calories (sometimes I let myself go up to 2000). I've trying to drink more water, but I don't really log it. I get from 7 to 8+ hours of sleep each night.

I feel like my fitbit overestimates, so I don't really look at my deficit each day.

Each week is like a half pound loss, and twice I've gotten a multiple pound "whoosh." I know this week is probably maintain, or a small loss due to all the stress.
  • trinati2001
    trinati2001 Posts: 262 Member

@trinati2001 --I also had a bad day today--I wouldn't call it a binge, but I'm way over my calorie allowance due to food choices and a lack of exercise. I was very cognizant of everything I was eating, but I was just hungry. I find that if I am at or below my net calorie goal for several days in a row, I tend to have a "hungry day." I used to try to fight it, but then I usually have a string of really mediocre days vs. one bad day. So now I just accept it, log it, and move on. I've found that it has very little impact on my overall progress if I just keep it to a day and it's not too crazy (e.g. today I'm 690 over goal, so really just a couple hundred over maintenance).

I've started to see on MFP net calories...what are net calories???
  • rosileem
    Thursday truth: I don’t have a scale and haven’t weighed myself in a while. I can tell there’s physical changes (slight, not obvious) but I’m eager to see how the numbers have changed and also worried- if the numbers haven’t made a significant change might I get resentful or upset? I want to keep my drive and my momentum. Because I feel great and I think that’s most important over the number on a scale