Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• jogetsgains
    jogetsgains Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    My nutrition challenge this week is a major fail. One of my vitamins make me sick and I haven't been able to isolate which one. I thought it was the fish oil but nah. I got sick at work, so yeah, no more vitamins for a while.
  • missytrishy
    missytrishy Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Super Summer Slimdown B)
    Name: Trisha
    Height: 5’4"
    Highest Weight: 235
    Start Weight (July 6, 2018): 232
    Goal Weight (August 1, 2018): 225

July 6: 232
    July 13:
    July 20:
    July 27: Holidays
    Aug 1:

Weight -/+ this week: =0
    Weight -/+ this challenge: 0
    Total weight lost: -3
  • allycat0715
    allycat0715 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Super Summer Slimdown
    Name: Allison
    Height: 5’11"
    Highest Weight: 270
    Start Weight (July 10, 2018): 261
    Goal Weight (August 31, 2018): 245

July 13:
    July 20:
    July 27:
    Aug 3:
    Aug 10:
    Aug 17:
    Aug 24:
    Aug 31:

Weight -/+ this week: =0
    Weight -/+ this challenge: 0
    Total weight lost:
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @allison-- welcome!!

@jo-- are you taking your vitamins on a full stomach? I get very ill from almost all vitamins if I don't take them immediately after a meal.

@katrina-- welcome back!! Doesn't it seem unfair that we don't burn more calories when we are active in the heat?? I dislike that running in the heat isn't "worth more" than running in cool weather. LOL

@HufflePuffleShuffle -- glad to have you back here and motivated. I know how you feel-- for 2 years now I have been hovering about 10-15 lbs above the 185 that I maintained for a couple of years. I want so badly to get back to that point and perhaps a bit below, but it's been really difficult. I was feeling good that I finally dropped back below 195 for several days in a row last week, but this week I've bounced back up to 196. We can get past this--we just need to keep focused on our goal. :)

AFM-- Yesterday was a really good day for me food-wise. I managed to get 29% of my calories from protein while staying under my calorie allowance for the day. Today was opposite day. :( Only 15% of my intake was protein, and I'm ending the day about 500 calories over for the day. Part of the issue was that I was out with a friend all day and ended up eating lunch and dinner at restaurants, but I could have made better choices. Tomorrow I will try again.

Super Summer Slimdown :sunglasses:
    Name: Karen
    Height: 5’7"
    Highest Weight: 247
    Start Weight (June 1, 2018): 201.6
    Goal Weight (August 31, 2018): 180

6/30- 7/6 challenge focus
    Nutrition = 5/7 days > 23% of calories from protein--how I did:

June 8- 197.8
    June 15-200.2
    June 22- 198.2
    June 29- 196.4
    July 6- 194.4
    July 13-
    July 20-
    July 27-

Weight -/+ this week: -2
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -7.2
    Total weight lost: 52.6
  • jogetsgains
    jogetsgains Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I did just eat before I took my vitamins, but it was a light meal. It seems to have a cumulative effect -- I can take them for three or four days and just maybe get queasy but once I reach that breaking point I am sick for sure!
    I hope it is not the B complex making me sick. They improve my mood so much.
    I will be willing to try again in a few days but right now I can't stand to even smell them! 🤢
  • JayRaeUK
    JayRaeUK Posts: 11 Member
    Options

I’ve been struggling with hunger. When it goes on for days, I don’t cope well. I can handle a few hours. I also have not been pre prepping my lunches and dinners, but I got the items I need from the grocery store and will get back on the wagon.

I totally understand and can relate. I know I have only been with this group since June, but I have been struggling for much longer. I weighed 215.6 lbs (my lowest in years) on 4/27/2018, but ever since then, I have struggled. Before that, I was consistently loosing weight for almost a year. I don't know exactly what flipped the switch for me, but I think mine is more mental than anything. However, I'm glad to hear you are working on getting back on track. The key is when you fall off to get back on! :)

The key is when you fall off to get back on! This. So much. I don't allow my transient feelings to derail me. If I am discouraged, I voice it and move on. I do the same when I'm excited over a nice loss.

Oh ladies I can totally get this as well! Been starving the last few days. Think mine is hormonal but I know I need to dig deep at the moment, and drink a whole lot more water.
    your doing great though! keep it up!
  • trecey2
    trecey2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm returning to MFP after some time away and some pounds gained. I'm open to any new accountability partners(friends) along the way. Please feel free to request me as a friend and I will do the same. Good Luck to all and we can do this!
  • moodybear2003
    moodybear2003 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    This is has been a tough week for me. So The scale went way up after the 2 parties I went to, and I didn't go crazy with calories. I know it was some dehydration and high sodium issues. it's taken all week to fall back down to where I was last Thursday. It's also my TOM, so that isn't helping and this week is a wash. I left the gym early yesterday and skipped today because of pain, but I'll go tomorrow and put in some good work.
  • allycat0715
    allycat0715 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    This is has been a tough week for me. So The scale went way up after the 2 parties I went to, and I didn't go crazy with calories. I know it was some dehydration and high sodium issues. it's taken all week to fall back down to where I was last Thursday. It's also my TOM, so that isn't helping and this week is a wash. I left the gym early yesterday and skipped today because of pain, but I'll go tomorrow and put in some good work.

@moodybear2003 I feel your pain about the gym. I had to skip a couple of exercises from my normal routine because of back pain. You got this!
  • SammyKlingler
    SammyKlingler Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    So this isn’t an excuse for not going to the gym I’m just curious if anyone experiences close to what I do.
    Does anyone have a job where they can’t seem to find the time to go to the gym or make it worth a membership? I work 6 days a week and generally from 4am-5:30pm with normally an hour and a half lunch break but sometimes less and sometimes more (I work on a dairy farm so set breaks and hours aren’t really a thing lol). I’ve thought of joining a gym since I’ve lost 93 pounds and have a lot more energy but by the time I get home and make supper and relax for an hour it’s time for bed...
  • DebCountsAll
    DebCountsAll Posts: 471 Member
    Options

Ah, Salt. Salt salt salt. I seem to take 4 or 5 days to recover from salty stuff. Drinking a LOT more water for the next two days makes it go away faster, but I think I struggle more with this than I ever have with sweets.

I think looking at your moving average would help, since TOM is a spike every month. I know people who look at their 10 day moving average, here since we post weekly maybe a 7 day would work.
  • moodybear2003
    moodybear2003 Posts: 225 Member
    Options

Ah, Salt. Salt salt salt. I seem to take 4 or 5 days to recover from salty stuff. Drinking a LOT more water for the next two days makes it go away faster, but I think I struggle more with this than I ever have with sweets.

I think looking at your moving average would help, since TOM is a spike every month. I know people who look at their 10 day moving average, here since we post weekly maybe a 7 day would work.

Salt and some alcohol left me feeling like a desert at about 4 am Sunday morning, I couldn't even drink large amounts of water, i could only sip until I went back to bed. I drank all day and still felt thirsty Monday morning! It was like nothing was enough to offset it. But I woke up Tuesday feeling normal and my weight was back to normal.

I notice more of a stall during my TOM. I think I am more lax with calories to fit in some cravings, then go back to plan. It just coincided with the holiday.

What's a moving average??
  • _Shelly_Belly_
    _Shelly_Belly_ Posts: 16 Member
    Options

Salt and some alcohol left me feeling like a desert at about 4 am Sunday morning, I couldn't even drink large amounts of water, i could only sip until I went back to bed. I drank all day and still felt thirsty Monday morning! It was like nothing was enough to offset it. But I woke up Tuesday feeling normal and my weight was back to normal.

I notice more of a stall during my TOM. I think I am more lax with calories to fit in some cravings, then go back to plan. It just coincided with the holiday.

What's a moving average??

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who has no clue what a moving average is.
  • Teerai
    Teerai Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    So this isn’t an excuse for not going to the gym I’m just curious if anyone experiences close to what I do.
    Does anyone have a job where they can’t seem to find the time to go to the gym or make it worth a membership? I work 6 days a week and generally from 4am-5:30pm with normally an hour and a half lunch break but sometimes less and sometimes more (I work on a dairy farm so set breaks and hours aren’t really a thing lol). I’ve thought of joining a gym since I’ve lost 93 pounds and have a lot more energy but by the time I get home and make supper and relax for an hour it’s time for bed...

Lol, Sammy,
    Gyms are for people who are sedentary or don’t get daily activity at their jobs.
    Unless you just have a burn to run a marathon or be a body builder, I don’t see the advantage of spending money to add an extra hour of activity.

If your lunch break is so long you could do a set 30 min training circuit of walking/running. Lots of people do that.
    But if you have been lifting and moving since 5a, your body might need the downtime to finish your day.

I’m guessing you are in better shape than many gym rats :smiley:
  • mom2pnc1
    mom2pnc1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm new here and hoping to lose over 100 pounds. I have RA and some difficulty breathing and I'm on restrictions when it comes to exercising. I was intermittent fasting and fell off the wagon on that a few months back when I had the flu. I am struggling to get back to IF, but I thought in the meantime i will track calories and see how that works for me. I started tracking on Monday, but didn't get the healthier foods in the house until yesterday, now I'm full force into it. I look forward to getting to know you all :smiley:
  • Teerai
    Teerai Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    mom2pnc1 wrote: »
    Hi all! I'm new here and hoping to lose over 100 pounds. I have RA and some difficulty breathing and I'm on restrictions when it comes to exercising. I was intermittent fasting and fell off the wagon on that a few months back when I had the flu. I am struggling to get back to IF, but I thought in the meantime i will track calories and see how that works for me. I started tracking on Monday, but didn't get the healthier foods in the house until yesterday, now I'm full force into it. I look forward to getting to know you all :smiley:

Welcome!
    Tracking really works if you are accurate. :)

I found a food scale vital to get accurate calorie counts.
    Half a cup of anything can vary immensely in calories.

Becoming deliberate about logging all eating and exercise seems intense but retraining the brain is part of the process.
    Glad to have you join us!

• kbeyer23
    kbeyer23 Posts: 88 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    PHEW!!! I caught up! That was a lot of data to input- thanks a million everyone for your patience with me!
    I'm sitting here while my husband's golfing with the kids and you should hear me ooh and aah and "YEAH!" audibly over everyone's accomplishments! Very proud of this group.

These are the stats for our challenge through the 7/6(ish) weigh-in. Here are the participants whose data I am caught up with to this date. If your name isn't here and you weighed in this last week (or you'd like to update), PLEASE let me know! @kbeyer23 @DebCountsAll @SammyKlingler @moodybear2003 @skinnyjeanzbound @thelifeilove1 @_Shelly_Belly_ @jogetsgains (you weigh in monthly, so you're good) @deputyderp @missytrishy @allycat0715

ttsdghgawutf.jpg

25% of the way to our goal!!!!!! That is so fab!

Side note- this comes with absolutely NO JUDGEMENT WHATSOEVER (cause we've all been there a time or two or three or more for me!) but I moved a couple participants who haven't weighed in since the beginning week or two out of the calculated data. I still have your info in my spreadsheet!!! But, life happens and summer is busy and losing weight is a tough journey and so you won't find me trying to make anyone feel badly about jumping ship. I just thought the numbers should be more representative of the active participants until I hear otherwise from anyone. Okay?
  • kbeyer23
    Options
    Secondly- what should the mini-goal be for next week?

Here are some ideas (random, I know)
    -Burn a specific amount of calories (individually determined)
    -Prayer/meditation- set aside some quiet time every day
    -Meal plan (can be loosely done) but just to have a plan for all food and try to avoid surprises
    -Floss every morning/night
    -Make a gratitude/blessing list- add 3 things every day
    -Sleep more
    -Limit technology
    -Stretching
    -Try a new vegetable at least once!

I love the plank challenge! Wish I had been here for that cause goodness knows I need some core strength. :smiley:
  • kbeyer23
    Options
    @Teerai Congrats- you are doing so well! I also love that your data points follow the edges of the cloud. :smile:
    I second your advice on a food scale. I weigh just about everything! (can be tedious, but you can't argue with accuracy working!)

@mom2pnc1 Hi! Welcome! Glad you're here. Sorry to hear about your setbacks but sounds like you are forging ahead. I'm Katrina from Michigan.

@moodybear2003 Heather- you are doing great! Don't get discouraged! Sounds like you had a wonderful time, were mindful of what you ate/drank and tried hard not to overdo it. Sometimes my biggest battle is impatience with the weight loss. And I can get pretty ticked when the scale doesn't cooperate. But I'm trying really hard to remember that all my past failures happened when I gave up in frustration. I made it all or nothing. But, that's not the way I (eventually) want to live. I want to be able to enjoy friends, food, festivities once in awhile. According to my spreadsheet, your weights have been going down every week this challenge! They might not be big jumps, but the trend is downward! (I also have weight stalls/gains and cravings at my TOM. Then I watch for a loss 1-2 weeks later.) Hang in there girl!