Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Replies

• JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Wednesday Wish - I have many wishes. My top three are
    I wish I can get my health condition under control.
    I wish I can be a good example for my daughter.
    I wish my husband would get on board and get healthy with me.
  • JNettie73
    @trinati2001 Yes. I have the same issue. I find coming back from a holiday or vacation is extremely hard. I always have difficulty trying to get back on track with eating and exercise. Then I become filled with guilt for poor choices I made during the holiday or vacation which sends me into an eating my feelings away.

A random share for today. I was contacted this morning inquiring if I could interview for a job (my job, I have to reinterview every year for it even though I have had my position several years). Due to covid I have been working completely virtual, the interview was also virtual. My administrator saw me and commented that she has not seen me in so long and how I look wonderful! I have to say that made my day!
  • trinati2001
    trinati2001 Posts: 262 Member
    @JNettie73 it is always wonderful to get random comments like that!! That is crazy that you have to interview for your job each year. Where do you work (what type of job if you don't want to share the company name). I haven't run into that before but I've only worked in retail before collage and in Biotech afterwards.
  • trinati2001
    Thursday truth - I have a harder time controlling my eating impluses when I'm alone.
  • JNettie73
    @trinati2001 - I work part time for a local school district but I am employed in the extended school day program. I've been teaching in my program for about 8 years. The interview is more of a formality with administration.

Thursday Truth: The temperatures went from mid to upper 60s to mid 30s, it got so cold and super windy which made it worse! We live at the end of a dead end street. Every morning I have to bring my daughter to the end of the block to get the bus. In inclement weather we take the car, when it is nice we walk. My daughter and I walked out of the house that morning all bundled up. My daughter saw me walking to the car and said "Uhm, I would rather walk and get exercise." When I told her it was cold and I was planning to take the car she responded with "I would rather get exercise. Exercise makes you healthy." How could I argue with that? We walked to the end of the block and stood in the cold waiting for the bus. While I waited I jumped up and down and kept moving to keep warm. After she got on the bus I walked briskly down the block to my house, went inside and made peppermint tea (no sugar) to warm up. While in the moment I didn't like my daughter's choice I came home and thought about it. I am glad she suggested we walk that day. I am also very proud of her for making that choice too! My husband and I also walked down to get her off the bus later that afternoon.

Friday Fitness: I had to take a few days rest from my workout. The back of my calves were on fire from my bike and step aerobics. On my rest days, I focused on working outside in the gardens preparing everything for the season. (I'm a gardener and vegetarian - I grow my own food in the warmer months.) I started up again yesterday with my bike and will continue to do so. I really enjoy it. I have also added in some core exercises and light weights for upper body. I am not doing anything special to prepare for weekend eating, I treat every day the same.
  • trinati2001
    Saturday success - this week my goal was to track before eating. This has always been a hard one for me. A couple of times I've remembered while taking my first bite so I went and tracked at that moment. Otherwise I've tracked before eating!! A huge victory for me. As a reward I'm going to try a new Japanese restaurant where they have grilled squid (a friend said it's really tender).

@JNettie73 great job walking to the bus stop. My kids will do this to me as well. My oldest 10 years old just started to ride her bike on the streets. She loves it and always wants me to go with her. I say yes because it is good exercise and I enjoy it while we are riding but...ugh I never actually want to go.
  • JNettie73
    Thursday Truth: It's challenging staying on track and not falling into old habits. Last night my husband cooked dinner because I was working outside of the home. I didn't get home until 6;30 and was ravenous by the time I got home. We usually eat between 5:30-6. My husband made tacos. Meat for himself and beans for my daughter and I. Plus chips and guac. We didn't sit down to eat until 6:45. I was so hungry I shoveled the food in my mouth then ate chips and extra guac. I don't know how much I ate. My fasting glucose number was high this morning as a result. :'( That number was a quick reminder that I cannot do things like that anymore and I have to stay on track.
  • escobarkarla33
    escobarkarla33 Posts: 2 Member
    New to the chat! I’m Karla and I just got from vacation and proud to report that I made good choices, first time I’ve had to really think about on vacay about what went into my mouth. I found myself thinking about it instead of instantly saying yes to anything offered to me and putting it in my mouth! 🙏
  • JNettie73
    Sunday Share:
    Hi I’m Jeanette. I am 48, 5'1". I am newly diagnosed with diabetes. (March) I have been vegetarian since my early 20s. I am in the process of transitioning from a vegetarian lifestyle to a plant based one. I have used MFP before and had a lot of success with it. This time around I am using it to focus and control my blood glucose levels rather than focus on caloric intake. I have a lot to learn and far to go. I am very pleased with my progress so far.

Starting weight: 270 March 2021

May Start Weight: 248.6
    May Goal Weight: 239/240
    Ultimate Goal Weight: TBD

Sunday weigh ins:

May 2: 248.6
    May 9:
    May 16:
    May 23:
    May 29:
    May 30:

Goals for May:
    -To get my fasting blood sugars down into a good range
    - Have my blood work done
    - Schedule a follow up with my doctor.
    - Continue to work on determining my trigger foods.
    - Aim for at least 10k steps every day.
    - Strength training exercises at least 3 times a week.
    - Experiment with more plant based recipes. (It's so hard for me to give up cheese.)

• JNettie73
    @escobarkarla33 Welcome to the group! Congrats on the good vacation choices. Where did you go on your vacation?
  • JNettie73
    I am hoping more people join this thread and post regularly. I was a part of it years ago when Robin started it. It was filled with some amazing people and great advice!
  • trinati2001
    Sunday share: triggers are a b!tch!!! I ended April in a slump because...well...not sure but I think it was two things. 1- my goal for April was unrealistic and I don't do well with goals that are unachievable and 2- I was watching a video that was talking about kitkats and I couldn't stop thinking of them for half an hour.

I have a problem with binge eating. I want to eat until I am STUFFED. I realized it last week that I was eating food that I didn't really enjoy just because I couldn't figure out WHAT I wanted but I wanted to eat. I even made a burrito that kind of sucked, to the point I didn't actually like the taste at all. I had the thought that I should throw it away and yet I just ate it. It really didn't have a good flavor or texture.

My friend and I had a heart to heart on Friday during our walk at lunch and set mini goals for ourselves for the weekend. It really helped us both reset and start again.

I love this thred and just like @JNettie73 I hope more people join in the discussion again.
  • Sandytoes71
    Sandytoes71 Posts: 463 Member
    Ah triggers. They do suck. It sucks when I cant get food out of my mind. Food addiction for me :( I haven't done as well with my eating this last week or so and it's bugging me. I haven't gained but haven't lost this week. Well, tom is a new day. I need more friends preferably with open diaries. Someone hit me up??
  • trinati2001
    Monday checkin - last week was a struggle. I've been doing great until that trigger (well to be honest triggers). But I started great again midday Friday which to be honest is a huge win in itsself. I'm not sure about others, but once the day goes south I tend to keep it going that way and actually think about ways to make it worse. Does anyone else do that?

Years ago my weight watchers coach said "it's like going up stairs and you miss a step. But instead of catching yourself and letting out a sigh of relief and continue walking upstairs you get up, turn around and throw yourself the down the stairs."

I hear her, it's ridiculous I know, but somehow I enjoy falling down the stairs, at least when it is happening. Sigh. I need to work on that. BUT on Friday I did!! So I guess it was my first step in changing the habit.
  • escobarkarla33
    escobarkarla33 Posts: 2 Member
    Went to rosarito mex! It was weirdly chilly though 🤦‍♀️
  • Sandytoes71
    Having a hungry day today. I've logged everything thru dinner and I'm over my daily goal but not by much. So, I'm ok. But dang I want to eat. And I have, so it's like those "I wanna nosh all day, days"
  • Sandytoes71
    What's Rosita Mex?
  • trinati2001
    Having a hungry day today. I've logged everything thru dinner and I'm over my daily goal but not by much. So, I'm ok. But dang I want to eat. And I have, so it's like those "I wanna nosh all day, days"

@Sandytoes71 I had one of those days yesterday as well. I ended up tracking it after the fact...not the best.... But since I was over calories for the day I skipped dinner.
  • trinati2001
    Tuesday goal - I'm going to make a daily goal to track before I eat. I can do that for today!
  • trinati2001
    Yesterday tracking before eating was my goal. I made it but it was surprisingly hard. Why is that? But the good news is that it kept me from way over eating during afternoon snack. Today I'm going to take my snack back to the office and eat there instead of in the kitchen.

Wednesday - Wishes
    I wish for a week of strength and focus.