Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Motivation and Support
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

1154815491550155115521554»

Replies

• JNettie73JNettie73 Member Posts: 959 Member Member Posts: 959 Member
    I am hoping more people join this thread and post regularly. I was a part of it years ago when Robin started it. It was filled with some amazing people and great advice!
  • trinati2001trinati2001 Member, Premium Posts: 244 Member Member, Premium Posts: 244 Member
    Sunday share: triggers are a b!tch!!! I ended April in a slump because...well...not sure but I think it was two things. 1- my goal for April was unrealistic and I don't do well with goals that are unachievable and 2- I was watching a video that was talking about kitkats and I couldn't stop thinking of them for half an hour.

I have a problem with binge eating. I want to eat until I am STUFFED. I realized it last week that I was eating food that I didn't really enjoy just because I couldn't figure out WHAT I wanted but I wanted to eat. I even made a burrito that kind of sucked, to the point I didn't actually like the taste at all. I had the thought that I should throw it away and yet I just ate it. It really didn't have a good flavor or texture.

My friend and I had a heart to heart on Friday during our walk at lunch and set mini goals for ourselves for the weekend. It really helped us both reset and start again.

I love this thred and just like @JNettie73 I hope more people join in the discussion again.
  • Sandytoes71Sandytoes71 Member Posts: 463 Member Member Posts: 463 Member
    Ah triggers. They do suck. It sucks when I cant get food out of my mind. Food addiction for me :( I haven't done as well with my eating this last week or so and it's bugging me. I haven't gained but haven't lost this week. Well, tom is a new day. I need more friends preferably with open diaries. Someone hit me up??
  • trinati2001trinati2001 Member, Premium Posts: 244 Member Member, Premium Posts: 244 Member
    Monday checkin - last week was a struggle. I've been doing great until that trigger (well to be honest triggers). But I started great again midday Friday which to be honest is a huge win in itsself. I'm not sure about others, but once the day goes south I tend to keep it going that way and actually think about ways to make it worse. Does anyone else do that?

Years ago my weight watchers coach said "it's like going up stairs and you miss a step. But instead of catching yourself and letting out a sigh of relief and continue walking upstairs you get up, turn around and throw yourself the down the stairs."

I hear her, it's ridiculous I know, but somehow I enjoy falling down the stairs, at least when it is happening. Sigh. I need to work on that. BUT on Friday I did!! So I guess it was my first step in changing the habit.
  • escobarkarla33escobarkarla33 Member Posts: 2 Member Member Posts: 2 Member
    Went to rosarito mex! It was weirdly chilly though 🤦‍♀️
    Having a hungry day today. I've logged everything thru dinner and I'm over my daily goal but not by much. So, I'm ok. But dang I want to eat. And I have, so it's like those "I wanna nosh all day, days"
    What's Rosita Mex?
    Having a hungry day today. I've logged everything thru dinner and I'm over my daily goal but not by much. So, I'm ok. But dang I want to eat. And I have, so it's like those "I wanna nosh all day, days"

@Sandytoes71 I had one of those days yesterday as well. I ended up tracking it after the fact...not the best.... But since I was over calories for the day I skipped dinner.
    Tuesday goal - I'm going to make a daily goal to track before I eat. I can do that for today!
    Yesterday tracking before eating was my goal. I made it but it was surprisingly hard. Why is that? But the good news is that it kept me from way over eating during afternoon snack. Today I'm going to take my snack back to the office and eat there instead of in the kitchen.

Wednesday - Wishes
    I wish for a week of strength and focus.
  • skinnyjeanzboundskinnyjeanzbound Member Posts: 3,937 Member Member Posts: 3,937 Member
    @trinati2001 -- I am doing 14:10 IF--usually eat between noon and 10 PM. I just have coffee in the morning (it's a bit of a cheat because I use sugar free creamer in it), and my lunch break at work is noon. It's just me and the hubs, and he works a weird schedule, so it's usually not an issue. He goes to bed about 7 pm, so we usually eat dinner around 5 pm. Then, if I'm still hungry and have available calories I snack, cutting myself off about 9 or 10 PM.

@JNettie73 -- I have been active in this thread and the previous iteration since 2011. I remember you!! Love your list of NSVs!! I need to start focusing on some of those goals, and you've inspired me to make a list. Susan and I are friends on Facebook, and she's doing well. I think the other person you are remembering is Laurie. We are also friends on Facebook, and she's also doing great. The 3 of us met up in NYC several years ago for the Tunnel to Towers 5k, and both of them have come to Chicago where we've met up. Susan came for a work conference once, and we spent some time together sightseeing. Laurie came one spring so we could run the Shamrock Shuffle.

@aimeemarie150 -- you hit the nail on the head! The main reason I don't post in the thread is that I tend to log on my phone. Since covid, I've had to spend so much time on my laptop that I try to limit it in the evenings. I can't wait until I no longer have to Zoom with students all day!!!

@bapcarrier -- Hi! So good to see you back as well! I will post a picture of Gunner's DNA results--totally forgot to do that.

Hi everyone! I tried to start posting again in March, and then I kept checking and there were no new posts for a while, so I kind of gave up. Tonight, I decided to check and was so excited to see all of the activity from old and new members. I am guilty of forgetting to check in, but I'm going to try to do better.

This week has been pretty crappy food-wise and sticking with my 14:10 intermittent fasting goal. My school really dropped the ball doing anything for Teacher Appreciation Week, so my colleagues have tried to compensate by bringing in a bunch of not so healthy treats. I've had so much sugar this week--ugh! I feel sluggish and bloated as a result which I guess is a good sign that my body isn't used to so many sweets.

We just have a few more weeks of school (last day is June 1st), so I'm really looking forward to an end to this nightmare of a year. I know it's been tough on everyone--teachers, students, and parents alike--and I feel like we are all just so ready for it to be over.

My immediate goal is to get back to consistent 14:10 IF. All of the donuts and scones and cookies were so tempting to enjoy with my morning coffee. This next week, I will be more disciplined about avoiding that trap.

Longer term, I really need to get back into an exercise routine. I walk Gunner everyday, but I haven't been running at all since the gym shut down last March--I've gotten in a few sporadic runs here and there, but not on any regular basis. I'm going to try to get back into a regular running schedule outside now that the weather will allow it. If that doesn't stick, I may rejoin the gym since I'm fully vaccinated.

My weight has continued to fluctuate between 197-199--I will start tracking here weekly again.

Some goals for this week:
    1. No morning snacking--wait until noon to eat!!
    2. Drink more water!!! I've been really bad about this lately.
    3. Go for a run this weekend.

Karen
    SW = 247 (March 2011)
    Weight on 1/1/2021 = 207.4
    GW: 185 (my previous low)

5/7/21 = 198.4
  • skinnyjeanzboundskinnyjeanzbound Member Posts: 3,937 Member Member Posts: 3,937 Member
    As promised--here are Gunner's DNA results. We laughed so hard at the Yorkie and MinPin! :D

t92br0cjkxd2.jpg
  • JNettie73JNettie73 Member Posts: 959 Member Member Posts: 959 Member
    @trinati2001 - Triggers are the worst for me. One of my triggers is stress which leads to comfort eating and over indulging. It has been a pretty stressful week. I am proud of myself that I didn't fall into my old habits. Though I have to admit I may have sampled some of my daughter's candy from the Easter bunny. I only took 2 robin eggs and that was enough to hit the spot. I didn't log them because I don't know what the caloric value of them would be.

@Sandytoes71 I have an open diary but I don't bother completing my food log each night. Feel free to add me.
    I was having a hungry day the other day too. No matter how much I ate I was not satisfied.

@skinnyjeanzbound Yes, Laurie!!! I am so glad to hear you still keep in contact with them and that they are doing well. I saw earlier in the week that Susan came back on MFP. I remember when you ladies were going to the Tunnels to Towers race. I was going to meet up too but, if I am not mistaken, that was right around the time I found out I was pregnant and backed out. Please say hi to them for me. I commented on Susan's stuff but didn't hear back.

Friday Fitness: I didn't get a chance to get my bike in today. My mom and brother came over tonight for a birthday/ Mother's Day celebration. I did a lot of cleaning and cooking today. Tomorrow is my husband's birthday. We are meeting up with his mom, her boyfriend and his aunt in the evening for dinner and to celebrate. I am not sure what my husband has planned for Sunday. I think we may go hiking. I've hit 10K steps today and the past 2 days on Fitbit. It feels really good on days that I keep moving.