Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Motivation and Support
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Replies

• AmberlyMarleneAmberlyMarlene Member Posts: 71 Member Member Posts: 71 Member
    Dang I just realized the end of July is one week. I don't think I'll be reaching that July goal after all :#
    edited July 25
  • JNettie73JNettie73 Member Posts: 1,056 Member Member Posts: 1,056 Member
    I got the scale moving again!!! Wahoo. I usually weigh in on Sundays but since the month ends Saturday I will weigh in then.

@skinnyjeanzbound- I am making the plank challenge my goal for August.
    I am sure you will fit into those bras soon!!!

@AmberlyMarlene Welcome. I sent you a friend request.

Does anyone use Fitbit? If so I can use some more friends on there. Feel free to add me. My username is JeanetteF. I have the same profile picture as on here.
  • skinnyjeanzboundskinnyjeanzbound Member Posts: 3,964 Member Member Posts: 3,964 Member
    @JNettie73 -- I tried to add you on Fitbit, but I'm not sure if it worked. You can try to add me. My username is Karen M.
  • mnwalkingqueenmnwalkingqueen Member Posts: 1,216 Member Member Posts: 1,216 Member
    Happy Friday everyone!
    I got a little sidetracked with eating out this week being it was so hot and humid. I got tired of eating grilled cheese sandwiches and salad. Me and Riley just came back from an hour and 15 minute walk. OK so I am not very good with at home exercises. I want to do the plank challenge with you guys and I will attach a photo of a wall plank that would be pretty easy I think for me to do. However I am wondering are you supposed to hold in your stomach or tighten your butt is there other things I need to do other than just this pose.
    @karen - OK that thing that you showed that you use on your stove can it be used on a gas stove?
    I agree probably once winter hits I’ll go back to the gym I was using planet fitness also. Part of the issue is my new job I get off work way much later and I just feel like I don’t have time to go to the gym and eat dinner all by 7 PM. I have this thing where I don’t eat after 7 PM or at least I try not to.
    @JNettie73 - As a big girl in the breast area I have found my favorite bra so far is ruby ribbon it is a little bit more expensive for most places. However I tend to buy them when they’re on clearance which makes them the same price as Lane Bryant where I used to buy my bras.

As for me it was a long week. I am going to see the comedian fluffy tomorrow night so hopefully that will be enjoyable and I’ll laugh my butt off. I think I will do a little gambling in before the show and maybe I’ll win some money too. it is supposed to be only 80° here on Sunday with no wind so I think I will be working in my flowerbeds most of the day they need weeding really bad.
  • mnwalkingqueenmnwalkingqueen Member Posts: 1,216 Member Member Posts: 1,216 Member
    @JNettie73 - I have a fitbit it didn’t fit anymore at 280lb but now that I lost some weight I will try again. I pretty much used it just to track my steps have no friends on there.

Starting weight: 270 March 2021

July Start Weight: 232.8
    July Goal Weight: 228
    Ultimate Goal Weight: TBD

I weigh in on Sundays.

July 4: 232.8
    July 11: 229
    July 18: 229
    July 25: 229
    July 31: 226.8

I did a weigh in today because tomorrow starts a new month. I finally got the scale moving again! Tomorrow I will take measurements and progress pictures. I am on a 12 day streak of 10K steps. I am so proud of myself. Last night I was 500 steps shy of 15K. I was too tired to do a quick walk around the house to get in that last 500. I skipped going to my daughter's gymnastics class to get my workout in before we go to the beach. I didn't trust I would have the energy or motivation to get my workout in after the day. Today was cardio, abs and upper body exercises/ weights. I really feel it today in my arms. Tomorrow I am starting the plank challenge! I am excited to try something new.

Does anyone have any fun plans for the weekend?

@skinnyjeanzbound I tried adding you on Fitbit. I hope I sent the request to the correct person.
    @mnwalkingqueen thanks for the recommendation for the bras. I will look into those. If you decide to try Fitbit again and want to add friends feel free to add me
  • skinnyjeanzboundskinnyjeanzbound Member Posts: 3,964 Member Member Posts: 3,964 Member
    @AmberlyMarlene -- Welcome to the thread! I find posting here regularly makes me more accountable. I hope it helps you too.

@mnwalkingqueen -- Yes, the grill works well on a gas or electric stovetop. I would say tighten your core muscles while doing the wall plank. Yeah, it's always hard to adjust eating and workouts to a new schedule--I go back to work on the 12th, so I'm bracing myself for that shift.

@JNettie73 -- I didn't get a friend request, so I will message you my email address, and maybe you can search using that. Congrats on getting the scale moving--that's always a relief after a plateau.

AFM-- I was glad to see my weight drop back to my pre-vacation number, especially since it was showing 197 earlier in the week. On Monday my 9 year old niece came over for a pool day and sleepover. We had fun, but it reaffirmed my life choice not to have children of my own. LOL! It was pretty hot here Mon-Wed, but I still managed to get in one longer walk. Yesterday was much cooler, so I spent a lot of the day doing yard work. Today, I was pretty lazy--just ran some errands and stopped by a friend's house for lunch. Tomorrow, we are going to my husband's mother's for a visit. She has Borderline Personality Disorder, which she won't treat, so she's difficult to deal with. Fortunately, my husband is good as setting boundaries, so we will only be there a couple of hours. My hope is to finish trimming the bushes when we get home, and maybe have time for a walk as well.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Karen
    51 years old
    5'7"
    SW = 247 (March 2011)
    Weight on 1/1/2021 = 207.4
    GW: 185 (my previous low)

5/7/21 = 198.4
    5/14/21 = 197.4
    5/21/21 = 197.4
    5/28/21 = 197
    6/4/21 = 196.7
    6/11/21 = 196.4
    6/18/21 = 196.4
    6/25/21 = 196.4
    7/2/21 = 195.2
    7/9/21 = 195.2
    7/16/21 = (vacation)
    7/23/21 = 195.8
    7/31/21 = 195.2
    Hey Everyone!
    Staring weight again 280lb
    Mini goal 265lb
    Big goal 200lb
    Currently 267.3lb

I have worked on loving myself a lot the last year and actually took a picture at the comdey show lastnight.
    0sptyplngcyk.jpeg
    Starting weight: 270 March 2021

August Start Weight: 225.8
    August Goal Weight: 220
    Ultimate Goal Weight: TBD

I weigh in on Sundays.

August 1: 225.8
    August 8:
    August 15:
    August 22
    August 29:

My measurements went down approximately 1-2 inches with the exception for neck and arms. They remained the same. Both my thighs increased by 1.5 inches. I did add in leg exercises in July so it is possible muscle gain is causing the increase. The other possibilities are everything is shifting and awkward OR I didn't measure at the widest part of my thigh last time. I am not going to get too hung up on it. I know I am working hard nad doing everything I can right now.

My goals for August are:
    • The 30 day plank challenge
    • Continue to hit 10K steps daily
    • Try 4 new recipes - one new recipe per week
    • Shed 4-5 lbs
    • Continue with my regular exercise routine
    • Continue to drink my water daily
    • Continue to lower my glucose levels
    I did my progress pictures this morning. I am amazed at the difference so far. This was the first time that my pictures have blown me away! I cannot figure out how to share my pictures in my feed so I am sharing them here. If anyone knows how to do that please help!

6umndiqmniy0.jpg
    c7aoia5nst22.jpg
    99oqks2i6xec.jpg
    3lhfmggeftbx.jpg

@mnwalkingqueen I love the photo you took of yourself! I hope you had a great time at the comedy show!
  • bapcarrierbapcarrier Member, Premium Posts: 207 Member Member, Premium Posts: 207 Member
    OK, time to be accountable. But first @skinnyjeanzbound I meant to answer last week yes, I'm Barb.

Starting weight (this time) 255.6 on 6/21
    Long term Goal: 150
    Short(er) term goal: 200

6/21 255.6
    6/28 252
    7/05 249.8
    7/12 248.4
    7/19 246.4
    7/26 243.2

8/02 242.2

I'm hoping to do a little walking and riding my 3 wheel bike this month. (Had to give up my regular bike temporarily I hope.) I live in SW Florida and it's 92 and almost 60% humidity right now at 7PM. It's the humidity that gets to me.

@JNettie73 great pictures, they really show your loss and are an inspiration!

Wishing everyone a great August.
    Barb
  • sisijamisonsisijamison Member Posts: 7 Member Member Posts: 7 Member
    Hi everyone. Getting back active on mfp for this last 100 lbs
    Sw:350
    Cw:226
    Add me share ur tips ;)
  • selaine225selaine225 Member Posts: 2 Member Member Posts: 2 Member
    Hi all! I am happy to see this group on here. I have tried MFP before but never really got into the groups. I know now, I need the support to help me achieve my goals. I am 100% in this for my health. I want to feel better and get rid of some weight related medical issues. Im too young to feel the way I do. I am also trying to set an example for my 13 y.o. son. I have LOTS to work on but I am taking it one day at a time with the mindset of one step at a time = long term sustainable changes. I look forward to catching your inspirations, ideas, and motivations along the way & I hope at some point I might help someone too! Nice to meet you all! Have a great day!
    @sisijamison -- welcome to the thread!

@barb-- I was just visiting a friend in Naples a few weeks ago, and we walked 4 miles around her condo complex every morning. I couldn't believe how hot and humid it was, even early in the morning. We have heat and humidity in Chicago, but usually you can avoid the worst of it by getting up early to "beat the heat" for any outdoor activities. That was NOT an option in Florida!

@mnwalkingqueen -- great picture, Holly! Looks like you had fun at the comedy show.

@JNettie73 -- wow, those pictures really show a major difference!! I regret not taking "before" pics when I first started. And because I hated the way I looked, its really hard to find ANY pictures of myself from that time period. I realized after I logged off MFP last time, that I forgot to send you my email, but I just saw your PM, so I will try to add you now.

AFM-- You guys, I'm so excited! This morning the scale said 194.8!!! It's been so long since I've seen a number below 195. For the past 5 years, I've tended to stay between 195 and 205. When the weight would start to creep up above that, I would make more of an effort and drop a few pounds, but I would plateau at 195 and then creep back up, and start the cycle again. I'm so glad I pushed past that barrier this time, and I want to make sure I continue this time and reach my current goal of 185. I know a big part of it is being account here, so thanks to all of you for the support!

Karen
    51 years old
    5'7"
    SW = 247 (March 2011)

7/2/21 = 195.2
    7/9/21 = 195.2
    7/16/21 = (vacation)
    7/23/21 = 195.8
    7/31/21 = 195.2
    @JNettie73 - Than you about pic and I laughed so hard my side hurt😊. Your pics definitely show the hard work.
    @Karen - Congratulations on the scale.
    @ New people- Welcome to the group.

Just saying I will do plank challenge with you JNettie. I just not sure my form is right. If doing wall plank wrong will I hurt myself? Sorry this is my personality issue I need to be perfect but working on just being me😉.
    Welcome to the new members of this group!

@bapcarrier Thank you!

@sisijamison My tips are give yourself reasonable goals. Log everything, even if it isn't the best foods choices you have eaten. Focus on your NSV (non-scale victories = these can be anything). Take body measurements and progress pictures. I find these help when your hit a rut and the scale isn't moving.

@skinnyjeanzbound Thanks! I hear your on the not having any pictures of yourself. I am/was the same way. Congrats on your newest low!!!

@mnwalkingqueen - I love when I laugh like that!
    So far we are 3 days into August. I have not planked at all yet. :s
    I keep forgetting to do them. I have to get on that. I'm sorry, I don't have any answers for you. I have never done planks before.
  • LewLoooLewLooo Member, Premium Posts: 6 Member Member, Premium Posts: 6 Member
    Hello,
    I have about 150 lbs to lose and know it's gonna be a long journey.
    48, female, 5'9
    SW 340
    CW 322
    GW 165
    @LewLooo -- Welcome to the thread. Looks like you are off to a great start!

@JNettie73 -- I also keep forgetting to plank.

@mnwalkingqueen -- I don't know that you could hurt yourself. My only advice would be to make sure you are using your core, rather than arms so you don't hurt your shoulders. Of course, that's because after rehabbing both of my shoulders, I'm a bit overprotective about that body part. LOL

AFM-- So I've made it through the week and the scale still reads 194.8. I had one day where it bounced back up to 196, but then it went back down the next few days. I have been active around the house and yard, but haven't gone out for a walk all week. Partially, that's due to being busy with appointments and meetings this last week before I start back to work next week. Partially, it has been due to weather. It's been either hot and humid or rainy quite a bit if this week.

I've been better about sticking to my intermittent fasting schedule--trying to get back on track for work. It's pretty easy to wait to until noon to eat when I'm teaching because I usually don't have time until my lunch break anyways. This year, I have a prep period about 10 am, and then my lunch break is around noon. I want to refrain from eating anything during that earlier prep, so I'm trying to get my stomach used to that now.

Yesterday, some friends and I went to lunch and then to Arlington Racetrack which is closing at the end of this season. It was sweltering early in the day, but by the time we got to the track, the humidity was gone and it was beautiful. It's a beautiful venue, but I can't help but feel a little bit sorry for the horses whenever we go there. Oh, and I know nothing about racing, so I lost $5. LOL

Anyone have anything fun planned for the weekend?

Karen
    51 years old
    5'7"
    SW = 247 (March 2011)

7/2/21 = 195.2
    7/9/21 = 195.2
    7/16/21 = (vacation)
    7/23/21 = 195.8
    7/31/21 = 195.2
    8/6/21 = 194.8