Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• packersfan0103
    packersfan0103 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Truth is I need stop being consistently inconsistent.
    😔
  • nsk1951
    nsk1951 Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    Truth is I need stop being consistently inconsistent.
    😔

That's my truth as well ... keep at it, one little bit at a time and the amount of consistency will improve ... however, I fear it will always be a 'struggle' ...
  • MelodiousMermaid
    MelodiousMermaid Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Odd... I was sure I posted on the 6th, but I'm not seeing anything. Oh well, must have been a glitch.

So I could totally mega-dump, as this last week has been very challenging and I had a binge day, but I'll do my best to keep it short and more positive. The trip went really well regarding intake - had a mix of basic, controlled meals to offset planned indulgences, and the balance worked out favorably (I should see a drop in the scale at some point showing that I dropped more fat). The heat and humidity were pretty trying, and my feet and bad ankle were extremely sore from the extra walking, but all told the experiences we had were good enough to make it worth it. The kiddo had a blast, and she was the main reason for the trip, so it was a win. Regardless of the multiple challenges I've fought with since coming back, I was able to get a mild deficit for the net result of my weekdays, so that was another win. The biggest win is probably the fact that I was able to stop my binge day by going to bed early and I didn't continue it on Tuesday. I grabbed on to the proverbial wagon by my fingernails and have been riding out the week to the best of my ability. I'm hoping to get intake ironed out to a solid deficit again this coming week, and I'm allowing exercise to take a back seat as needed to get me there, so I'm not trying to focus on too much at once. Phew.

My latest adventures in frozen dessert making have been protein strawberry cheesecake (a fail due to the bitterness of the sweetener of the protein powder after freezing), chocolate (needs a Skinny Syrup add-in, which I have on order), and Orange Dream sorbet (close to great, have a tweak in mind to try next batch). I currently have a batch of my great grandma's homemade vanilla ice cream (made to recipe, so full calories) freezing to process tomorrow. I'm really anticipating this special treat -- won't make it too often though, as the prep took way too long for my liking, and it's relatively expensive. That and the calorie hit is a hard one unless the serving size is super small. Had to try it though, as it is always in my memory as setting the bar for any other vanilla ice cream I've had.

@JNettie73 That butternut squash sounds delectable... I'm going to have to try that sometime! Hope your residual symptoms from COVID have either gone away or lessened so you're able to get back to the things you like!

@mnwalkingqueen Oh no! You got COVID as well! So good to hear you're on the mend other than being tired after your walks... Hopefully that's getting better now too?

@nsk1951 So sorry to have you feel alone that week! I am so certain that I did post, but oh well, I guess that's technology for ya... I hope they're making progress on figuring out your medical situation. Congrats on the loss you recorded last week!

5'1"F
    Midwest USA
    HW: 261.0
    UGW: 132.0
    Dropped weight so far: 12.6

07/02/2022: 260.5
    08/06/2022: 247.9
    08/13/2022: 250.4
    08/20/2022: 248.4
  • nsk1951
    Options
    @MelodiousMermaid ,,, you posted on the 4th. Glad you are doing so well. keep it going!

AFM .. Saturday Weigh-in .. I have dropped .8 pounds this week ... i'll Take IT! ...

This past week I really tried hard to use up all the produce I got from the farm share ... but now I have a lot of cooked vegetable stuff sitting around in the fridge! ... I made a beet/cabbage vegetable soup called Borscht, I also made a casserole that used eggplant, zucchini, yellow squash and a tomato based sauce. It's kind of like a lasagna in the way you cut it up to serve it. I decided to make it more of a lasagna type dish by topping it with broken, cooked lasagna noodles and a sprinkling of shredded cheese to give it a crunchy crust. The dish made 6 servings and I put 2 of them into the freezer.

Today was pickup day and my bag contained a head of field grown green lettuce .. could be a young romaine or just a green leaf lettuce of some sort. Also got 4 tiny Asian pears. A pint each of tomatillos, ground cherries, tomato berries (cherry tomatoes). .... I could do without those tomatillos and ground cherries! ... I also got just 1 each of a slicing cucumber, zucchini, and yellow squash ... so that is more manageable to fit in ... HA ... this week I had decided if I got a lot of squash I was going to back Zucchini bread loafs ... guess not! ... I also got two small melons .. a watermelon and a cantaloupe. And, 1 lonely partly ripened tomato that I am unfamiliar with of the type because it's a shape i'm not familiar with ... oh well .. that's how these things go. Will i get another farm share next year? hmmm, probably not.

Have a great week everyone ... those with kids have already had them return to school or will within the next week or two ... So I'd like to remind all of us that when that starts we will see school buses on the road and to be mindful of stopping for them as called for.

Next week!
  • MelodiousMermaid
    Options
    Hello, everyone. Hope the late summer days are treating you all well.

It's been a better week this week for intake. Hormone shifts are such a pain... but at least I'm back in the "better" part of the shifts, so I was able to find my footing and have a not-perfect-but-quite-acceptable week. Got rid of the cycle weight and the remaining excess food weight, and got a bit of fat loss in there too. I don't recall which day it was, but sometime in this last week, I had to re-tie my shorts to be a bit trimmer to feel they were safely set, and I also had to adjust the car's seat by a bit (forward) so I could properly fully reach the pedals. So the indicators are there in both numbers and NSVs.

This week's frozen dessert adventure was making my Great-Grandma's Homemade Vanilla recipe. It was more in line with a gelato. Either way, it was tasty and the texture was amazing. Too tasty really, as I ended up going off the rails on Sunday, finishing most of the batch. I've resolved not to make this true to recipe very often, perhaps only for special occasions with company. If anyone's interested, I posted the unaltered recipe in my ice cream recipes thread.

Based on this (mis-)adventure, I decided to try one or two spin-offs to see if I can have an outcome that's easier to fit in the grocery budget and the intake planning budget. The first attempt is in the freezer waiting to be processed tonight. I'm hopeful for a good turnout.

@nsk1951 : It seems like those produce baskets are a bit hit or miss. Were you able to come up with a use for the tomatillos and ground cherries? I have to admit those probably wouldn't find a use in my kitchen. Hopefully the new basket will prove to be a better fit for you.

5'1"F
    Midwest USA
    Dropped weight so far: 16.5

08/27/2022: 244.5
  • nsk1951
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Saturday Update on Sunday ... I was in such a hurry to get to the farm yesterday morning that I forgot to weigh myself. Did so this morning and stayed exactly the same from last week. ... Maintenance instead of weight-loss deficit ... seems to be the way this year is shaping up as I haven't been able to get down into the next 10 pounds or even 5 pounds down for the past half year. ... Oh well .. It will come, I just have to keep working on it.

We had an interesting thing happen this past week that is making my apartment feel unsafe. The elevator broke down and it'll be 7-10 days, or more before it's able to be repaired according to the elevator company. The hospital that shares the building with the apartment complex has assisted in letting tenants use the hospital back elevator to get down stairs, but then we have to walk through half the hospital to get to an outdoor access point; and those doors are locked during off-business hours. They were able to provide just 11 badges to swipe to get into the building during those hours ... and there are 37 apartments here. We have been asked to sign out badges and return them within 8 hours .. but you know how some people can be ... they just don't sign it out and just take one, or they sign it out and sign it back in right away ... Edit .. Sign it in and then back out right away.
    That's not my main concern however, as I can work around going outdoors or on errands within the hospital's open hours ... what scares me is that I am on the top floor and cannot climb stairs ... or what if one of us has to call for an ambulance ... how are they going to get to us without access through the hospital (I cannot image them climbing all those flights of stairs to get to the top floor with a gurney!) The top floor is #6 .. but the ground floor is 7 stories down. Also ... what if there was a fire ... the fire men would have to climb those stairs also ... and a lot of us are dependent on walkers, some even on wheel chairs ... scary. Makes me wonder if this was the right place to move to. Hopefully the elevator will be functional sooner than expected.

You are right @MelodiousMermaid; the produce farm share bags have not been a super hit for me. I ended up having to discard the tomatillos (I just don't like the taste of them). The ground cherries, unfortunately were picked under-ripe, and I've not used them until they ripen as I read green ones are toxic. However, the ones that have counter ripened don't have much flavor to them because they were picked before they developed enough. The skins on them are brown and dry (but not splitting open), but the berry inside is not yellow or orange but green, so they should have stayed on the plants at least another week. I intend to try making a jam out of them .. just to see what I can do with them.

Well ... August ends this week. What is everyone planning to do the same/different/new for their healthy weight plans for the coming month, as we transition into a new season?

AFM .. I am hoping to join a seniors exercise class at the Sr Center, and to get into a habit of using some of the equipment in the apartment complex gym on a regular basis. ... That's a big change for me if I can manage to pull it off.

Have a great week everyone. Later.

• nsk1951
    Options
    Turned something negative into a positive
    I had all these vegetables from the farm share that needed to be used up .. a zucchini, a yellow squash, baby leeks, slicing tomato, plus, I had purchased eggplant and garlic, and had carrots that needed to be used up ... SO, thinking I was clever, I cut them all up and layered them into a 9x13-inch pyrex casserole dish and roasted them ... They turned out 'meh' ... Still, being a frugal homemaker, I batched them up into refrigerator storage containers and put them away. Then I woke up with an idea ...
    ... I had made spaghetti yesterday and had saved the cooking water as per a recommendation on the Pasta Grammar YouTube channel in one of the video's I'd watched ... and I thought ... SOUP! I had a couple of pieces of chicken already defrosted in the fridge to cook with today and so I turned some of those roasted vegetables, the pasta water, and the chicken into the most flavorful soup! ... Ta-DA ...
    Feeling Proud.
  • nsk1951
    Options
    September 1 monthly weight loss results:
    Just 1.4 pounds down from what I was on August 1 ... yep, definitely hanging out in the maintenance rather than reduction zone. That's still better than staying 'the same' over all these years I have been working on losing weight while still living me extreme sedentary living .. after all, I must take pride in having trimmed over 55 pounds to date from my high. I still need to lose another 55 to get to the goal I had set for myself when I first joined this group under a different profile name. ...

Which reminds me of the woman who had started this thread so many years ago. Robin's actual name was Ellen. .. I've lost touch with her on a personal level since she moved to a different city from where she lived during her years of leading this thread; which was actually a few years after she herself stopped coming here. I am thinking of her today and hoping she is well and happy .. like many of us, she had her own unique health issues that made achieving weight loss goals a hard sell. Thank you RobinsEgg ... you helped me get to where I am today ... because I firmly believe that had I not stumbled upon your thread and was thus encouraged to be brave enough to look my obesity in the face instead of shutting my eyes to it that I would still be almost 280 instead of 222.8.

What is everyone planning for the coming month? The coming season? Anything different? What worked? What didn't? What do you want to Stop, Start, Continue on your journey losing excess weight?

AFM ...
    I want to STOP sitting through TV commercials and START moving something, anything, from my body. Every commercial .. every time I sit in front of a TV to watch any show. Arm Pumps, Leg movements, Walking back and forth through the apartment .. anything I can imagine to try and then do for that commercial period. This will help me be more active and perhaps help me at least reduce the edema in my lower half of the body.

I want to CONTINUE with my long stretches between meals as well as continue on my heavy produce meal plans. I also want to CONTINUE enjoying my home made unsweetened grain chocolate pudding one time a week.

Here's at ya!

• nsk1951
    Options
    Yesterday I had my lesson on how to use some of the exercise equipment in the gym a couple of flours down from mine in this apartment building. A tenant who is really 'Buff' at the age of 74 (former Marine who's stayed in shape ever since boot camp back in 1969) lives right across the hall from the exercise room (gym) and has become like the mentor for anyone using that equipment. Some of the tenants don't like his 'take charge' attitude about that room but I find it most helpful to have someone willing to show me the ropes on equipment I've not used before.

By the time I finished learning the machines and satisfied "Buff" that I would be safe on my own in that room, and did all the extra walking needed right now to get to another floor, exit and enter the building what with the elevator still out, I was 'done' for the day. I puttered around my apartment doing KP and housekeeping chores in the afternoon. ... So .. September is off to a good start on implementing my Stop-Start-Continue focus .. now to keep it going.
  • MelodiousMermaid
    Options
    So, a bit of a frustrating week, scale-wise for me. I'm certain that this week's weigh-in had extra water and waste weight in it, making progress. However, progress did slow down a bit this last week too. Two of my three low cal days ended up being higher cal days, though I did have a solid estimated deficit those days still, so it's just a matter of waiting out whatever it is that my body is deciding to do.

Regarding kitchen adventures, the batch that I made last weekend was ok, but more crystal-y than creamy, and lacked in flavor a bit. It was a good sundae ice cream. I made the other, higher-cal, but still reduced cal recipe (reduced in comparison to my Great-Grandma's recipe). It turned out really well. It's still a bit of a calorie hit though, at 386 calories for a cup-ish serving (237 grams). This week I think I'll go back to making frozen yogurt. I'll have a new experience, though, in that it'll be made with homemade Skyr. I'll be processing my first batch of Skyr today. Once I find the ambition to get my tail off this chair anyway.

I don't plan to change anything up for the fall except that I'll probably start to experiment with some baked goods to see if I can come up with more macro-friendly options so I can keep things close to on point for the holiday season. Well, that and probably a few more cooked/baked things on the menu once the temps start to drop.

@nsk1951 The fact that you've maintained/had a slow loss instead of going backwards is a big win. Thank you for sharing your tribute to RobinsEgg. I wasn't on the thread when she was around, but appreciate that the thread was established and that people have hung around to check in here and there. And kudos to you for getting in to the gym in your building. It sounds like you've got a great resource in "Buff".

5'1"F
    Midwest USA

08/27/2022: 244.5
    09/03/2022: 244.6
  • nsk1951
    Options
    I was able to complete 1 lap on the treadmill in the apartment buildings exercise room today. That's double what I did on Thursday when "Buff" was showing me how to use that particular machine. Feel good about that .. but boy, it was really pushing me to my limit! Next day for that particular routine is Monday. (I'm working on every-other-day with that). I need that day in between because my left hip was really screaming at me after pushing it today with all the other walking I did on top of the routine.

Wondering if the scale is getting a bit wonky. Do they go 'off' when the battery gets aged? Cause I showed a number 3 pounds heavier this morning (9/3) than I did on 9/1 ... and that's in the morning!

@MelodiousMermaid, thanks for the comment. Your dropped weight is impressive. Hope whatever you are doing keeps working for you. .. What is Skyr?

• JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I am fully back from Covid, no more lingering symptoms for me! I am on a 9 day streak of making my step goal. I have changed up my exercise routine. Rather than doing 60 min on my bike I do 30 minutes and 30 minutes of step aerobics. My eating continues to need improvement. I started weighing and logging my food again week. Hopefully with the changes I am making I can get the scale moving again. I noticed since I've been more aware of my portion sizes I have found that I am feeling when I get full and am able stop eating. Though one thing my friend helped me realize is that once I reach my goal weight I have confidence that I am going to be able to maintain it, considering I've been maintaining since the winter holidays.

One of my dear friends had weight loss surgery a year ago, last month my cousin also had the surgery. I am fascinated with the process they go through not only before but also after. I was asking my friend about it at a party this weekend. I don't think that route would be right for me. But I give a lot of credit to those who decide that is their journey. It certainly is not an easy road. That sparked me thinking and I started watching my 600 lb life. I am only on episode 2. I have to say that I am in awe with how hard this woman is working to reach her goal. It is wonderful to watch her regain her life and see her personality blossom. My heart also goes out to this woman for all the emotional turmoil she is dealing with surrounding her journey.

@MelodiousMermaid
    Your great grandmother's homemade vanilla recipe sounds delicious!

@nsk1951
    The elevator situation sounds dreadful. I think you have very valid concerns. I hope it has been rectified by now.

I too think about Robin (Ellen) often and wonder how she is doing. I remember her speaking about her struggles. I hope she is doing okay.

As for me, my goal for September is to consistently measure and log my food. My other goal is to clean out my art/workout room. I have to figure out where I am putting all the stuff I took home after my mother passed and I had to clear out the house. Right now I have it in bags and it has been untouched. I also need to go through my daughter's art supplies that we keep in my room. We have a lot of stuff that she never uses and takes up a lot of space. Once I clear up some space I will have more room to broaden my workouts. I can also move the dvd player into that room and do some of the workouts I have on dvd.

• nsk1951
    Options
    WOW .. am I ever out of shape physically! That one day of a lot more walking on Saturday proved that! I woke up Sunday morning not being able to step down with my left leg because of severe hip pain! Were I doing a slap-stick comedy routine it would have been funny to see me trying to get out of bed and walk .. the right knee is shot and the left hip was making me cry! ... I took it easy on Sunday and Monday ... barely ... and felt better by Tuesday enough so that I was able to do some kitchen KP and housework. But I didn't use the exercise room on Monday like I had originally planned to do. Today I will give it another try ... but will NOT run errands all over the town on the same day!

No @JNettie73 , the elevator out. And the apartment managers have not communicated anything beyond that first letter telling us it Ottis Elevator Co said it would a a couple of weeks ... which it now has passed. As for 'our' Robin, I think she has a FB page under her true identity. We used to be friends on there at one time. That was a long time ago though.
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    not sure what is going on the only way this post is showing up as if I completely uninstall and reinstall the app every time. Well I just want to say all is good and I completed my 500 mile challenge I wanted to show you guys some pictures but this stupid app isn’t letting me. I’m gonna go through and read everybody’s stuff but it doesn’t appear that I will be able to comment because I’m not going to reinstall an app every time I want to leave a message I don’t know if it’s something to do with my Apple iOS or this app it’s self but it’s very frustrating .
  • MrsHermit
    MrsHermit Posts: 195 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Hello! It's been months since I've been in MFP. I don't see any notifications so I'm sorry if I missed a message from someone. I am on ytube as hermit's reflections, can message me there. Anyways I'm doing alright. It was a big move to Arizona and I've been busy just putting in basic infrastructure since my husband and I are building a life on raw land. It's hard working on habits but I have a couple in mind.

As far as health goes, I've lost 50 lbs total so far from my highest weight in about a year. I lost some weight pre- move with nutrition and workouts like up to the beat fitness videos which was something I could follow. I can't work out like that now, but there's plenty of activity to do. My weight really dropped when we moved because of stress, I had little appetite for awhile, then little access to more than gas station food for over a month. There has been a huge amount of sweaty work. My clothes are so loose I had to work in leggings which is something I don't do. Most of my clothes are in storage still.

I've reached my first plateau as projects and pace changes. I think I have about 63 more lbs to reach a healthy BMI. My next milestone will be the overweight BMI. I have 22 more lbs to lose to reach that.

It's hard work here in the high desert but we're making a go of it. I do pace myself and drink water. I'm starting to drink tonic water and Pedialyte to help with some deficiency (finding supplies of all kinds is a real challenge here). I look forward to baking when we can build an oven. It's pretty here. The monsoon rains kept us stuck in place for weeks but we were ok. God provided a day to haul water before it rained again. We're preparing for winter/ mud season.

I hope everyone is doing well. I don't anticipate being on here, sorry. I can't track calories. I'm still working on any sort of routine.

Shalom
  • nsk1951
    Options
    @MrsHermit ... It was nice of you to stop by and give us an update. I hope everything works out for you as you dream of it being. ... At one time, I wanted to move to Arizona to the mountain area above Sedona after falling in love with the area from a subscription to Arizona Highways magazine ... gosh, that was way back in the 1960's! ... I've only ever been to Arizona in my dreams and up high in the sky as planes I was a passenger in flew past. LOL.

Weekly Saturday Update ... Don't want to talk about it. I am in a holding pattern, have been for a few months now .. and am just waiting to get clearance from my cardiologist before embarking on a physical fitness program. It's just too difficult to really drop weight successfully with calorie restriction alone, at least for me, and at over an extended period of time. So ... as far as weight goes, it's up a couple, down a couple ... back and forth keeping me in that 50 pound loss to date status.

@mnwalkingqueen ,,, sorry you are having App issues. Hope it clears up so you can count on your device going forward.

Elevator here is still non-functional. A group of apartment tenants wrote up an angry letter of complaint about it and are sending it to the landlord. I understand that the issue is the mother board repair/replacement has hit some snags ... and I'm not surprised at that in our modern shortage of that kind of stuff. Hope it gets fixed soon.

Keep plugging!
  • MelodiousMermaid
    Options
    So I seem to be experiencing my first plateau. All the more frustrating to be experiencing it so soon into my journey. I know that I've been eating at an overall deficit though, so I know I need to keep the faith that the scale will go downwards eventually. Hopefully that will be soon.

Kitchen adventures since I last checked in include finishing the batch of homemade Skyr (Icelandic yogurt), and making something I hadn't eaten in a long time: Zaru Soba (cold soba noodles). I estimate it's been around 10 years since I'd had them last. But now I know how to make them at home, so they will become a semi-regular addition to the menu, especially in the warmer season. So good.

@JNettie73 Good to see you're back and free of COVID symptoms. Bet that feels great!

@nsk1951 Boy, that's got to be an incredibly frustrating situation with the elevator... I hope they are able to overcome whatever obstacles soon, so you can get back to getting around normally!

@mnwalkingqueen Good to hear from you in spite of the app issues you're facing... hope that all clears up soon!

@MrsHermit Hope you'll come back and chat with the group periodically... it sounds like your move was/is very challenging, yet rewarding.

5'1"F
    Midwest USA

09/03/2022: 244.6
    09/10/2022: 244.5
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    @nsk1951
    Sorry to hear you woke in such pain. I hope you are feeling better.
    That is very disappointing to hear the elevator is still out.
    I never friended her on FB. I do hope she is doing well!

@mswalkingqueen
    Congrats on completing your 500 miles challenge! I am happy for you.
    I am sorry to hear you are having issues with the app. Last month I was having issues with it too, but my issues were it not responding. Deleting and reinstalling fixed it for me. I am surprised it didn't work for you. Maybe you can contact MFP for some support? I hope it is fixed soon!

@MsHermit
    It sounds like you are doing well and keeping very busy! Congrats on your move and new beginnings!

@MelodiousMermaid
    It does feel really great! My energy level is completely back and I feel like I am getting in some really good workouts. I started back up with strength training too. It's a fantastic feeling!

As for me, I've been watching some cooking videos which inspired me to try out some new plant based recipes. The first one I tried was a cauliflower "alfredo" over chickpea pasta. I have to say I liked it, but I need to work on the recipe a bit. As someone with Italian heritage, this certainly does not taste anything like an alfredo. The only similarities were the color of the sauce. My husband was very irritated with this and insisted I cannot call this alfredo. Though that did not stop him from having a second helping. LOL I did not think my daughter would like it so I kept some plain chickpea pasta off to the side for her as a back up. She ended up liking it a lot and had a second helping too. I found the cauliflower sauce to be a little grainy but the flavor was amazing. I think the error was because roasted the cauliflower in the oven with some garlic rather than the instructions to boil it. I dislike boiled cauliflower. I am assuming the roasting it kept the cauliflower drier which caused me to have to add more plant based milk, a lot more. I would definitely try making the recipe again and make a few changes to get it creamier.

Another recipe I tried was a made up one. I cleaned out the freezer yesterday and realized I had 2 large bags of frozen spinach. I always do fresh veggies, never canned and rarely frozen. Corn and spinach are the only veggies I ever have frozen. I sometimes forget when I buy more and have a tendency to forget about it in the freezer. I decided to use one of the bags and make spinach for dinner. My daughter dislikes cooked spinach so I didn't know how this would go. I sauteed some red onion in some water then added the spinach. I roasted a head of garlic, made it into a garlicky paste then mixed with the spinach. I added some nutmeg, salt and pepper. I have to say it came out really delicious and my daughter, surprisingly, loved it!

I hope everyone is doing as well as can be!
  • nsk1951
    Options
    Good morning everyone. It's starting to feel like autumn is right on schedule ... I actually had to wear a light covering outside 3 times this week. It felt glorious to be in the outdoors.

There was a spaghetti squash in my Farm Share pickup this morning .. I am NOT a fan of that squash but will use it this week for it's touted replacement for the pasta when I have my spaghetti night. I've tried it before and find it very tasteless and watery. But .. maybe with different toppings than I had used last time it might be more enjoyable. .. There was also a small bunch of curly kale .. another vegetable I give generally give away. This time I will once again attempt to make 'kale chips' in the oven. They were a big fail the last time I attempted that dish.

There are a couple of 'new' medical items for me ... typical for someone my age with some of the long standing conditions/previous life events ... but it does mean having to make some changes/adjustments in how I conduct my daily routines. Just more of the evolving highlights of life. I cannot expect to not have some or any of them at my tender age of nearing 78.

One result of all this is that I am not focusing on my weekly weight anymore. Not until i get some stabilization with the new medications I am now taking. It's too discouraging to be up and down from one day to the next and one Saturday to another by the same 2-3 pounds. After a while, I just stop caring and then get sloppy with my food choices. So it's better to back away and focus on doing the daily things I know help to stay/get healthier and trust that if i follow a program of health that the weight will stabilize along with it. ... at least for the next several weeks as the other issues get ironed out.

thanks @JNettie73 for calling out to those of us who are somewhat regulars on this chat stream. It's always good to hear what is going on with those in 'our bunch'.

Hope to hear updates from others during the coming days.

Enjoy the ebbing days of summer and the flowing days of autumn. It's one of my favorite seasons.
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    tif6glsh7o5d.jpeg
    Whoo Hoo!! looks like the app is working for me again properly. Here is a picture of I and Riley hiking in Taylors Falls Minnesota for the first time last weekend I will say climbing up the rocks was not the funnest but I did it.
    I read through everyone’s post all of your food ideas wow, you guys are awesome. I found some great fall foods at Aldi the other day I really like the squash risotto.
    I hope your elevator is fixed that is so annoying and then to not have decent communication about what is going on.
    as for me right now, I am working on not eating if I’m not hungry. Also working on not eating because I’m pissed off. My coworkers tend to take me off a lot and I tend to eat lunch when I’m not even hungry and then I get mad because I ate.