What comes after stress???

13»

Replies

• Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Not only that, You absolutly cannot out excersise a bad diet. So if you don't have time excersise, spend what time you do have figuring out a way to eat healthier.

I was going to comment along these same lines.
    Even if you can't make time to exercise, stick to portion and calorie control.
    Weight loss is 80% diet, 20% exercise.
    I've lost more weight focusing on my food than I have focusing on exercise.

My heart goes out to you. You have a lot going on. Take time for yourself. Yoga, while not a high calorie burner, is a great way to stretch, increase muscle endurance, and build flexibility while finding a moment's peace. :flowerforyou:
  • Not only that, You absolutly cannot out excersise a bad diet. So if you don't have time excersise, spend what time you do have figuring out a way to eat healthier.

:) Heading out to whole foods, GFCF list (printable by store from their website) in hand! Thanks, I had really gotten it into my head that there was no way to diet my way back, because I've never really been one to diet. However, I think it's the place to start right now.
  • I don't mean to sound critical about respite care because it is a wonderful program, but the thing that I have found is the turn-over is very high meaning a parent works for weeks to familarize a child with a person only to shortly after have that person move on to greener pastures.

Oh, I hadn't even considered that as an issue! I can see how the turnover rate would be high though, that just makes sense to me. We've already lost the social worker and one of the PT's that were originally on her team and they worked for the ISD, and she's not even been in the program a year, AND unemployement where I live is about 20%!!!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Not only that, You absolutly cannot out excersise a bad diet. So if you don't have time excersise, spend what time you do have figuring out a way to eat healthier.

:) Heading out to whole foods, GFCF list (printable by store from their website) in hand! Thanks, I had really gotten it into my head that there was no way to diet my way back, because I've never really been one to diet. However, I think it's the place to start right now.

It's all about changing your mindset -- this isn't a "diet". This is learning to eat better. Cutting the junk and eating mounds and mounds of healthier, less calorie dense foods. Learning to use lots of spices to make food taste good in ways butter and fat can't begin. :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.