Did anyone gain over Thanksgiving?

2»

Replies

• Aha, not thanksgiving (I'm English, we don't have it. :T) however, I have gained half a stone over the past month with college and whatnot. I feel terrible...
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Nope, lost 1.2lbs last week - and earned every ounce! I ate maintenance on Thanksgiving day instead of eating at a deficit (but still ended up about 300 cals under maintenance). Then the next day was 10 hours of hard labor out in the back yard, winterizing the flowers etc. The whole family pitched in and we had so much fun making the holidays about togetherness, not food. :heart:

We plan to do something similar on Christmas! :bigsmile:
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Scale up 3 lb...and i didn't even celebrate Thanksgiving. But was sick with the flu and took in a lot of salty liquid to keep myself hydrated, so I'm hoping as I slowly get myself back into exercising and better eating, that it's mostly water weight. No worries on this end. I know how to correct it.
  • I know I did and did not weigh myself this morning. I am sure I gained a pound or two but not going to sweat it. Going to weigh in next Monday. I am back on board today though as I got rid of foods by sending them with my inlaws to take home with them yesterday. Only thing left is some turkey I am going to make soup with tonight and will skim the fat and we will have the soup tomorrow for dinner.

Eatting fish for dinner tonight.
  • Scale says I gained 2 pounds but I think it will go down by Friday. I will weigh again then. It is okay to splurge now and then:blushing:
  • justdoingit
    justdoingit Posts: 185 Member
    Gained 4 pounds over the past three weeks and Thanksgiving added another two...I have been doing so well for a year now don't know why I am loosing my strength now. It's a full time job keeping my weight down feeling a little tired of the battle.

Don't give up! I found that eating all the foods I love in moderation (not all at once:wink: ) has really helped. Plus, when I gain like I did over the last month, I know I can just focus for a couple of weeks and loose it. It is better to loose 4 lbs than to gain it all back and feel just as bad as I did when I started...Also, there is no getting around it, working out is a must. I ate basically whatever I wanted over the summer and ended up loosing 3lbs when I thought I had gained 5.

good luck to you!:flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.