rjadams Posts: 4,029 Member
    bump
  • jo3y20
    jo3y20 Posts: 89 Member
    Looks good girls.
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Good evening beautiful ladies:flowerforyou:

I'll try to catch up with everyone sometime tomorrow. Had a great time at my granddaughters school this morning, she wrote a poem about me and it brought tears to my eyes, I have the sweetest granddaughter:love::heart: . After we got home from our lunch at Chick-fil-a (her choice), we got on the golf cart, and stayed on until it started thundering and then raining, we both got a bit wet and had a good laugh:laugh: . The shower passed and she was ready to go again, I wouldn't let her ride in the yard with the wet grass, I was sure we would end up messing the yard up, and probably sliding all over the place. We rode up and down the driveway, across the street to my brothers house many many times, then it started raining again:laugh: . We had a good healthy dinner and then she got a cupcake for dessert. I just got her tucked into bed with the TV on and thought I'd check in here before I turn in.

Wessecg:smile: congrats, congrats, congrats!!!!

Jb:smile: enjoy your beach getaway!!!

Robin:smile: hope Bodi will get used to his kennel:flowerforyou: .

Michele:smile: that pool will done one of these days, and it's going to be beautiful!!!! If I baked like you do, I would be as big as a house:laugh: .

Okay, that's about all my brain is going to do tonight.

Hope you all have a peaceful sleep!!!! Sweet dreams! Until tomorrow....

Hugs,
    DeeDee
  • kathyszoo
    kathyszoo Posts: 311 Member
    Just popping in to catch up and mark my spot!

Lin-Congrats on the all clear!:bigsmile:

DeeDee-That is awesome about your grandaughter's poem!:smile:

Enjoy the weekend ladies!
  • Gardengail
    Gardengail Posts: 596 Member
    Work was crazy this week – lots of customers with 10/1 insurance renewals! Worked late most nights and tonight got home at 8:45p. We went for Mexican food – not the best choice, but so yummy! (No, really…. Just trying to confuse my metabolism with a high-calorie day!)

It took quite a while to catch up on posts. My goodness!

Don’t remember who asked about Swai fish – I think it is from Vietnam.

Mammogram – need to get that scheduled at the time of my physical in November. Not looking forward to if since I had the heart surgery. Everything is still on the tender side, so we’ll see how it goes..

M – good thought on people not feeling heard… and congrats on your surprise ribs.

Virtual age – 35.5, life expectancy: 101

LizzieAlberta – I’m with you on zumba. Not my cup of tea! And why is the music so loud? That is a frequent complaint for me – so many things seem too loud to me. Can your ears be too sensitive?

Home Depot delivered material for this weekend’s yard work: cinder blocks, stacking blocks for a retaining wall, 30+ cu ft gravel, drainage supplies, etc.

Going to bed – good night all.
    Gail
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Hello Ladies,

Good evening to all of you. Today was a good day at work. Another TGIF!!! IAt one point of the day I wish I could curl up in a corner and take a nap. It may have had something to do with my DH telling me last night at 11:30 as going to sleep he invited some friends over after work for dinner ! my place was beginning to look shabby could tell its the end of the week. So I got up at 5 did a quick tidy and put dinner on in the crockpot.

@Meg Congrats on the loss
    @M hope you had a fun time at your baseball game.
    @lila--it sounds like you did ok at your buffet last night.
    @Lin awesome news on the clear
    @Dee that sounds like a wonderful time with your granddaughter.

I am noding off right now. have read all of the postl

Will reply moew romorrow

@Linda-- I agree
  • Sasha4427
    Sasha4427 Posts: 196 Member
    Well, I’m back and feeling good again. Nothing like getting dressed for work and realizing you look good (if I do say so myself). Even though we are really shorr staffed at work, we got a lot done. I am so fortunate to work with a lady that has such an amazing work ethic. Even though we’re down to 2 in a 4 person office, thanks to her we’re keeping up and on top. Monday we have a back-up worker in and by Wednesday we should be back to almost normal. And Thursday, I’m off to have Thanksgiving with my family 12 hours away (yes, here in the Great White North we have Thanksgiving the 2nd Monday of October and enjoy going down to shop on Black Friday when the wonderful US has their Thanksgiving – lol).

My baby heads off to the Netherlands for 3 or so years come Monday. My mother’s heart might be very challenged Monday evening and the upcoming weekend is also a little daunting at the moment. I know we are supposed to give them wings and let them fly but no one tells you how hard it is to let go. Enough pity party – I’ll go to Holland in a few months. And if my mother had said these things when I headed off I would have been less than sympathetic ….

DeeDee – your post about your granddaughter’s poem made me tear up too. How lucky you are.

Lin – yay on the positive results from the mammogram – that was really quick.

Michele – you are so good to your workers. I’m sure they all love you.

Jane – O my goodness, I didn’t realize you were totally indoors. I am so glad to hear you are well enough to go out now. I am praying for your good health and that your DH’s job comes through.

Meg – great loss!!!! DH gives you a nightly massage – keep that man!!

JaneH – have fun with the wine tasting. I hope all your vintages are worth storing for a long time – lol.

Kate – isn’t it amazing how a garden just calms the soul? I’m not sure strangling the weeds fits in with that last sentence, but hey, if it works, go with it! You are way too hard on yourself girl – you need to celebrate your September successes – they were very good. I like your meditation goal – think I’ll steal it.

Kathy – I think it’s great that your pants are loose again – that’ sdefinitely NSV. Have fun with the zoo.

Robin – you’re not missing out, but you’re missed. Maybe if you give Bodi some special treats or toys he only gets in the kennel it will help.

JB – have fun with the camping and enjoy the weather while you can. Applesauce is a good plan and the freezer needs a purpose anyway.

Sherry – what a great profile picture. Where do you live?

Wessecg – Just reading your post made me all excited too. Been a few years since I saw the scale where it is for me too. We need to celebrate these successes on the way instead of waiting for the end – who said it was the journey, not the destination?

Marquis63 – welcome to both of you and don’t worry, many of us have been at the weight you are and are working through it. Keep working and coming back and talking to us (and we’re all friends here).

Linda – I think we might be taking this magic salmon thing too far – lol. Putting off your weigh in until you eat salmon might be construed as superstitious. And please remember that when your daughter starts to drive, a whole new world opens up (and a whole new concern opens for you). Thank you for the addition info about sleep. It is a challenge for me as I have been a 5 – 6 hour sleeper since I was in my 20s.

Have a good Saturday ladies and I look forward to the next posts.

Lila
  • junekaatz
    junekaatz Posts: 119 Member
    Good evening Ladies,

Just thought I would pop in before bed, it’s been a busy day. Driving along in the sunshine this afternoon, window down, a little blues on the radio waves and retail therapy! It was a good afternoon… there was only one thing missing…. my wallet, I left it behind on my desk. Oh well, I was only researching the fall fashions (that’s my story) so I can buy something new in 3 weeks. Haha! Fashion, who am I kidding, it will be a new pair of pants that will stay up and some new underwear for the trip, my sweaters will just drape a bit now instead of clinging like saran wrap.

It seems there is discord in the bird world too so I shouldn’t feel alone. I looked up when I heard the honking and there were several large orderly V’s of geese on the fly. But then I noticed one, there were 5 geese in perfect formation and about 20 in disarray as if trying to catch up. Perhaps they were busy in a wheat field filling their faces when the leader got in a tiff and took off with her BFF’s so to speak. I can hear the ones trying to catch up, “Honk, wait up! Honk, okay, I’m sorry, honk, honk!” I’m not sure if there are rules about the hierarchy of a gaggle of geese but this gaggle was certainly was out of sync.

My new boss phoned today to see if I could trade days on the Thanksgiving weekend which I was willing to do to keep the peace. She was apologetic so I took that as a good sign. There are only 3 of us at home so it is not a big deal to have Thanksgiving on a Saturday instead of the Sunday or Monday. Heck, I’m thankful to be eating any day of the week! Often it would just be my son and I home for the weekend so we might have our big dinner on a Wednesday if that’s when my hubby’s schedule allowed. I do miss having the big family dinners we used to have at the Coast before we got transferred here, I feel like there is just something missing.

I was looking forward to supper tonight, I had had a large salad for lunch today just so I could have a drizzle of gravy with my roast beast, 3 tbsp. to be precise. I haven't had it since I started this change in thinking and Yum, it was so worth it!

I have a meeting with an 88 year old lady in the morning who wants to give away all her fabric she has collected over the years. As a sewer, how could I say no? It could be a gold mine or it could all be sent to the Sally Anne when I get it home. Wish me luck, I borrowed my friend’s little car as my hubby needs the truck for football. I thought how much fabric could a dear little old lady have and then I looked around my sewing room and thought OMG, maybe the car will be too small!!! I guess I will find out in the morning.

When am I going to catch up on everyone`s posts , I don`t seem to have the time during the day.
    Have a wonderful weekend my friends,

Kate
  • tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Good morning ladies

Blue skies in London but chilly.

I couldn't get comfortable in the night, even with my special pillow under my knee. Gave up trying to sleep at about 4:30 and got up. Was going to do some exercise, but decided to get lots of housework out of the way before work. Then went for a walk before DH and I got on the tube to come up to Mayfair. I have a feeling that the gallery is going to be quiet today, but I have plenty to do.

Yesterday I went shopping for new underwear and ended up buying a whole heap of clothes for the grandtwins. The stuff that is around for them in the shops right now is just so adorable! I spent far too much money, but don't regret a penny of it.

Still not sure what I'm going to wear to the wedding at Monkey World next week (Linda - http://www.monkeyworld.org/home.php ). I think I'm just going to take the final three outfits with me and decide on the day. DH will pull a face when he sees the amount of luggage I'll be taking for two days, but he's used to my inability to pack lightly.

Must do some work. Have a good day everyone.

Love to all.
    Amanda x
  • yoyonomore55
    yoyonomore55 Posts: 350 Member
    Had another very busy week at work. Technology challenges are finally getting sorted out, but there is so much more to learn about using the i-pads with my students. We are also developing a new teacher evaluation that will take a chunk of time- can't let it cut into my planning time or time with my students. Wonder where it is coming from!
    I am still not getting to the gym the way I should. Most of my exercise has been from fast walks outside, hiking, or kayaking. With it getting dark earlier, none of that is happening during the week. I guess I really need to go to the gym before work, but haven't been able to convince myself to be there at 5 am.
    I really enjoy reading all of your posts. I check ion every morning and evening, but seldom have time or brain energy to respond.

I bought apples from our school's FFA. It looks like I will be making applesauce this weekend!

Hope everyone has a great weekend

Deb A
  • DMOMofTHREE
    DMOMofTHREE Posts: 55 Member
    Marking my spot for later.

Good Morning, haven't checked in for a few days except to log in food. Busy week, grandparents day lunch Thursday & had realtor come to the house to do a walk through and market evaluation. Excited to get the house ready now, can I do it by the end of the month? I will be back later today to catch up an everyone. Have a great Saturday!

Lynn
  • wessecg
    wessecg Posts: 410 Member
    How did I miss someone else with a horse? I've already been bad this morning. I was so thrilled the scale said 169.8 yesterday that I had to see if it was still true. Well, yup, 169.4 this morning. I am thinking I'll just totally give in this week and weigh myself every morning. I can't believe I am losing more weight eating more calories - I understand the physics of it, it's just mentally thinking "Ok, I ate 250 calories more than my goal - oh NO!!" even though fitbit says I burn between 2300 and 3000 a day (thank goodness for horse chores and riding).

Anyway, hope all of you ladies are having a great morning.
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Good Morning, :happy:

@Linda -- Thanks for the info on sleep. I do believe there is a connection too.

@Lili -- How encouraging to feel happy about your appearance. My daughter is 19 and the day if it comes that she moves away will be encouraging cause she has the skills to move on in life sort of hey we did our job but I know also how hard that would be too. I

@Amanda sorry your knee is hurting. Lucky grand twins!

@Kate-- How fun to go see all of that fabric that 88 year old Lady has. I collect fabric sort of in my life before I was working full time I love sewing making quilts, baby blankets etc. So I was always on the lookout for fabric.

@Michele, -- You are so nice to your workers !!

@JB--Have fun camping

@JaneH have fun wine tasting!
    @ Kathy-- How cool that your pants are getting loose encouraging!

Today some chores need to be done around here but later in the day we are going to check out the The Highland Games at the fairgrounds. Than dinner with some friends. Trying to figure out what I am going to serve them toonight. Last night we had friends over too I put a stew in the crockpot and a salad. Maybe a stirfry .

I love salads eat them with my dinners most nights but notice lately getting sort of burn out from them so trying to figure out other ways to get my veggies in. Salads for me make up over half of my meal without one at dinner I do notice I am hungier.

Hoping to get in some good walks in grateful for Bella she helps me get out.

Question I have some friends that on their weight journey allow a free day no checking calories etc they claim to be loosing they do look slimmer but since I haven't. I am always checking calories asking for info if can't find it to make sure I am in my range/goal level before I eat anything just curious . Not to sure I would allow a whole free day. Would not want to go backwards.

Well I need to go know ! Hope everyone has a good Saturday.

Liz:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Happy Sat!
    Gonna hang out with my 2 year old twin niece and nephew today.Sure I`ll burn a few calories too.
    Tomorrow is DIL baby shower.So it`s gonna be a busy fun week-end.
    Have a great one!!
    Pretty sure hubby got job at Walmart, waiting on drug test and background ,which is no problem.It probably is part time but it`s a start.He was a sub teacher yesterday and loved it.Teaching jr high.It`s ashame with his 2 degrees and working on his masters theres no jobs for him to use his degrees.Maybe some day!
    Thanks for all your prayers and support.
    HUGS
    jane
  • edraper70
    edraper70 Posts: 211 Member
    Just marking my spot. It's time to get ready for zumba. Eileen
  • cathyb60
    cathyb60 Posts: 313 Member
    Hi Everyone
    I am back tracking my food, it really does make a difference, at least for me:smile: . In just the few days I’ve been tracking as well as using more low GI foods I have seen a difference in my weight. My weigh in is Mondays so hoping I can hang on to this loss till it’s official! I have also been using a set of bike pedals the last week for exercise, they are motorized so you can set a speed as well as having a timer. I hope they are easier on my knee (though today it is swollen and angry,, but that could be the weather, it is damp and miserable) I had salmon a couple of times this week maybe that’s why I am seeing a loss and not everything else I’ve been doing! LOL!:laugh:

Junekaatz: Oh, free fabric! That’s like winning a lottery! I love fabric! I think it’s a sickness! No, I know it is! When we moved 2 years ago I gave away bags and bags of material(and not pieces, a lot of it was metres(yards)) I won’t say how much was left when we got here but I have just about as much now, in fact I was digging through the other day and found a bag with material I forgot I bought not that long ago. I think the saying goes “She who dies with the most (material) or what ever your thing is, wins”

Wessecg: congratulations you deserve to be excited!

Well, hope everyone has a good weekend. I'm off to eat an apple! Oh, and drink water!:drinker:
  • mwheatcraft54
    mwheatcraft54 Posts: 235 Member
    Just marking my place - talk later.
    M.
  • stardancer7
    stardancer7 Posts: 276 Member
    Glorious sunshiny day today and I'm looking forward to a longish drive down the highway to take my 15 year old daughter to buy the mukluks she wants. I haven't bought any clothes or shoes for myself since last spring, and I'm glad--because I'm not packing away my summer stuff, I'm giving it to the Salvation Army. To treat myself I bought an iTunes card and downloaded some Lou Reed and Bruce Springsteen--a gift to myself that keeps giving, since it's making me dance around the house!

And then, I must sit down and do my anecdotal report cards for Monday. It shouldn't take me long, since my DH and eldest daughter are away for the weekend.

Kind of waiting to hear whether my MIL or SIL will host Thanksgiving dinner next week before I step forward...my FIL was diagnosed with lung cancer last spring and has chosen not to take treatment. He is doing well, but we are mindful with every ''special occasion' to really celebrate our time together.

@Jane--glad to hear your husband is likely to get that job!
    @Amanda--I bet that even with overpacking, you have fewer suitcases than you used to!

Have a great Saturday, everyone!
  • lentigogirl
    lentigogirl Posts: 299 Member
    Happy glorious Saturday everyone!