Anyone else having a cheat day?

2»

Replies

• Be careful with cheat days. I hear they aren't good for you. I heard about it on the Dr. Oz show. Good luck!:drinker:
  • jrbowers83
    jrbowers83 Posts: 282 Member
    I feel really bad. I had a total cheat day today and didn't even meet my calories for the day. Thinking I still have time for a fruit cup and small salad maybe...? I was so hungry today, but I'd take a bite of ANYTHING and nothing tasted good. Couldn't even finish a candy bar. Just snacked all day....yogurt, handful of crackers, chips, few bites of several diff candies, iced coffee, 1 bagel bite. I feel awful. I know that if I had just sat down to eat one decent meal today instead of the incessant snacking I probably would have felt better. Ah, well there's always tomorrow.

BTW, when I go to McDonald's, Sonic, etc. I order a kids meal! The fat and sodium fills me up so much it's all I really need, and if I eat healthy the rest of the day I can still stay under on my cals. At McDonald's -A cheeseburger kids meal with fries, a parfait, and a diet soda.... Cal 690, fat 25g, carbs 93g, sodium 1050mg, protein 22g (with reg soda add about 150 cal, and 55 mg sodium). Some other things to consider when eating fast food, skip the fried foods, opt for no sauce or no cheese to save cals, fat, and sodium, skip on the fries and soda (they have the most calories, just a burger is really not THAT bad for you).

Hope you all have a better day tomorrow. I am certainly going to. Gotta get into this whole eating better mindset.:yawn:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    I'm having a 'healthy' cheat day...I just eat until I feel satisfied but still use nutritious foods. This morning I went to a great pescetarian restaurant and had a buttermilk biscuit with smoked salmon, dill cream cheese, spinach, and onion...roasted potatoes on the side. Then for lunch I had a roll made with garbanzo beans --so moist and soft!-- and grilled it in olive oil with some cheese. I treated myself to a vegan carob-chip pumpkin muffin pre/post workout. I also had some tilapia with brown rice. And I worked out for almost 2 hrs today AND bought myself a new pair of running shoes!! :happy:
    That sounds like a fabulous day!

It has been! I have been really good and definitely seeing changes, but I have been uncomfortably hungry for the past couple days. I know I'm maintaining a big deficit so I figured I'd refeed with yummy healthy stuff. It was a GREAT workout too.
This discussion has been closed.