No More Excuses - Week 5

123457»

Replies

• tigermom - jogging is more than just a start. It's a great start! Keep at it!

Today is the start of the real challenge. I'm driving up to Canada today to spend the holidays with my family. My husband is coming on Monday or Tuesday when his block leave starts. I'm excited to see them but also worried. My mom thinks she cooks "healthy" food but she'll have a pan full of bell peppers but soak them in oil and salt. So I really have to tell her that when she is cooking, let me know so I can be beside her and set aside the food and prepare it the way I know is healthy.

I'm going dress shopping today. Everything always looks so good on the models online and when I undress in the dressing room I rarely look in the mirror at my naked body because I hate what I see. Even with all my progress I still pick myself apart. All this negative thinking cannot be healthy and helping me towards my goals. I need to try and reshape my way of thinking.

I've kicked December in the butt with my weight goal. I originally wanted to be 158 by January. Well, I am below that now so my new goal is 155. I'm looking forward to the weigh-in tomorrow! Stay strong everyone :)
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Running-girl, good luck with your healthy eating at your moms. I love my mom but she is truly not much help when it comes to this.

Ann, enjoy the basketball team. It is cool that you have a connection to the team in a way. Makes cheering them on so much fun. I took my bf's son into the school this morning as he had to catch the bus for a basketball tournament and her car died yesterday. He seemed so excited.

Hope everybody has a wonderful Saturday. I am Christmas baking; I might have said before but I am giving youngest dd's teachers, aides, therapists and such Christmas goody trays and next week is the last week of school before the holidays. I have today because of scheduling issues today to get 10 trays made up and ready to deliver next week. That is my plan for the day and to take the girls to go see Santa! :happy:
  • running_girl, I've enjoyed reading your stories about your progress, especially because we're the same height and our beginning & goal weights are almost the same. I have a back injury, so the doctor said to stick to walking for now. I like to run, but it hurts. The doc said another 6 months or so and I could start slowly. It's really inspiring to read about your sucess, like the day you first ran 5 minutes and now you can go miles!

I hear what you're saying about not wanting to look in the mirror in changing rooms. But I have to say, when I was 20 pounds lighter, even 30 pounds lighter, I still felt the same way. Now when I think back, I'm sure I looked a lot better than I thought I did!

And good luck eating healthy at home! I usually have a problem when I visit for Thanksgiving, but logging things in here at MFP really helped keep me on track.
  • Good evening. It's great to see eveyone posting this weekend - a sure indication that our sickly friends are starting to feel better - hooray!

Laura - as everyone has said, we all have bad days, so good for you for picking yourself up and getting back on track. I'm just hoping to maintain this week as I've had all my end of term parties and tom is paying a visit . . . so not the best week for actually trying to lose!

Jack - well hello Mister!! Loving your picture - it's great to put a face to the name and the posts.

Amanda - Shall we make the 5 minute run our challenge for the week ahead? Others who are more seasoned runners could set themselves a higher time limit, but if I manage to run 5 consecutive minutes every day next week I'll be very happy. How's the tray-creation coming along? What are you going to put in the trays? I'd love to see pictures of the finished creation.

Christy - I'm impressed that you're learning Berber. I love learning bits of new langauges. I speak French and a bit of German, and I've picked up a few phrases in Turkish from my students. Does Berber use the Latin alphabet or does it have its own? I have Moroccan students in 2 of my classes so knowing French is pretty helpful for explaining grammar to them! Good luck with the Biggest Loser - where do I vote? :tongue:

Anne - thanks for your greetings for my students. I'll pass them on when classes resume in January. Oh - and when I say "5 minutes of running" - it's definitely jogging. I run at between 7.5 and 8 (km per hour I think) according to my treadmill.

Kim - what kind of jewellery do you make. You sound very busy - good luck getting your orders made up.
  • AmandaJ
    Friends, friends, friends - they say confession is good for the soul so it goes. I have ate and ate and ate Christmas cookies today. I know that I have not consumed 17,500 calories today but if the scale is up 5 pounds tomorrow it won't surprise me. I have been bad! :tongue:
  • Tee hee Amanda - if I was Catholic I might know what to say in response to your confession . . . but as I'm not . . . I hope you enjoyed the cookies and I'm sure the scales won't be as bad as you're thinking. I haven't had the greatest week calorie-wise myself, but I'm hoping the last 2 days will have made up for at least some of my sins earlier in the week. Time, and Mr WiiFit, will tell. :ohwell:
  • AmandaJ
    Allison, I am not Catholic either. :laugh:

I would have taken a pic of the goody trays to show you but I am keeping them at my grandmother's because I have no room in my frig as it is full of eggs that I need to take to town and sell. They just have lots of cookies on them, 6 different kinds. I am glad that tomorrow is a new week because I have to get back on track!
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Happy Saturday all...Hope you are well. My new picture is of my boys. I posted some pictures of our Christmas lights on my profile page if ya'll want to see them. I had too few calories today if you can believe that. I'm sure it won't hurt me since I went over the rest of the week several times. I was just so busy that I didn't snack much. I got my Christmas cards printed and now I need to fill them out and mail them on Monday. One biggee off my list.

Jack...Nice to put a face with the name.

Amanda, wish you could send some cookies to me. They sound yummy!. What a nice gift for the teachers.

Christy...Nice to hear from you. Glad you are doing better.

Wishing good luck to everybody tomorrow:smile:
  • AmandaJ
    Tammy, your house is beautiful. Love all the lights!

My house is decorated and I am so ready for Christmas. This is the first year in a long time that I have accepted my life as a mom with a disabled little girl and can find joy in things again. Emmy's diagnosis took my breath away for a long time. I was so busy looking at all the things she can't do that I forgot to look at the the things she can do and the blessings that she brings.

I wasn't sure what to get the teachers. There is 8 of them and even at $5 it adds up and it seemed that there was nothing that expressed my gratitude and appreciation for $5. So I wrote them all a card that truly summed up how much they mean to me and my family and made them cookies. This way they can eat them or give them away and they don't have something they have no use for. Those teachers, therapists, bus drivers and aides are all angels; they treat my princess with love, respect and most of all like she can accomplish great things. :smile:
  • tamelab
    Thanks, Amanda. My husband does the outside and I do the inside. Your daughter is lucky to have such a great mom. You are a very special person:smile:
  • AmandaJ
    :blushing: Thanks Tammy!!!

I can't believe I forget to tell you this in my last post, (where is the smack in the head smiley), your boys are really cute. I love the smile on the youngest's face. He is obviously loving Christmas!

Editted to add: I think your youngest son looks like you. In the pic on your profile and then the pic of you, it looks to me as if he has your eyes. Definitely can tell he is yours! :laugh:

Also wanted to say, I :heart: your light up manager scene. We have a very small one of Mary, Joseph and Jesus and the wind keep blowing them off the roof and around the yard! UGH!
  • AmandaJ
    We have snow!!!!! Now it is definitely Christmas in Idaho. :happy: It snowed this afternoon and there is snow on the forecast for all week! I don't love snow but I don't hate it either and it is so pretty. Plus I make dh drive in it, so it is all good! :laugh:
  • Wow. Weigh-in tomorrow and this is what I ate today:

Mcdonalds breakfast

Pizza lunch.

Bad Michelle. AHH! What have I done?!?!?!

Tomorrow is another day with new choices to be made. All will fall into place. Just gotta keep working at it and move forward.

But on the bright side - I went to Banana Republic and the dress I tried on was a size 6 and it fit perfectly! And I loved how I looked in it. I felt sexy and beautiful and confident. Too bad it was $180.
  • AmandaJ
    Running-Girl, I bet you looked stunning in it!!

Can you believe that another week is gone???? Here we go on week 6!!! Seems kind of unbelieveable -doesn't it?

:drinker: Here is to us!!!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/73064-no-more-excuses-week-6
  • kdsmith
    kdsmith Posts: 250
    Tammy, I love all your pictures, the lights look fantastic!

Amanda, I think you did a perfect gift for all the teachers, I am sure they will find the note/cookies so meaningful to them.

xx Kim
  • Good morning all!!!! Well here it is Sunday already! Holy Cow!!!

Tammy your house is beautiful inside and out.

Amanda, I am so glad you are enjoying the holiday with your dh. You are so right that sometimes we forget to look at all the blessings that God has given us.

Runningirl; I bet you were beautiful in the dress. A size 8 WOW!!!

Now...as for the game last night... YUCK....the boys were not at the top of their game. Even since Colby graduated I still have to cheer for them. Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!!! (That is our school mascot). It is pretty cool, both my dh and I graduated from here and now 4 out of the 5 kids will have too. Our dd was with her "biological" mother for most of her growing up time. We had her for a little while but that is a whole different story!!! Anyway, it was fun to watch the boys play. And I felt bad for them when they lost but 2nd place is still better than last!!! Always an upside to things!!!!

So weigh in this morning. I lost 2 pounds this week. I know it wasn't because I did everything so right! It was because of being sick, but I am going to take it and move on to next week. YIPEEE!!!!!

I think the 5 minute run/jog challenge may be a great challenge for next week. I know it will be a challenge for me!!!

Well today is going to be filled with laundry and baking and Football! Got all of my Christmass finished up yesterday. Have a feeling it won't be such a good day for my Broncos, but here again, will still be cheering them on through the TV!!!!

HAve a great day!
  • tamelab
    Good morning all...It is a cold rainy Sunday in South Carolina. We have definitely had our fill of rain lately. We needed it for a while but now everything is flooding. I lost 1 pound this week so no necklace set for me. I'll try again this week. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Running girl (Michelle?)...Congrats on the teensy dress size. Did you get it?

Amanda...I know what you mean about the wind. It was terribly windy here for a few days and everything blew over. We were worried that Santa was going to take flight off the roof for a while! I wish it would snow here, mostly just freezing rain and every now and then a dusting of snow.

Ann...Glad you are up and about. Take those 2 pounds! As much as you had to suffer for them, they are yours!

Thanks everybody for the comments on our lights. We just love decorating for Christmas, now taking it down not so much:laugh:
  • tamelab
    Good Monday morning...It is terribly foggy and cold here, kinda depressing. Hope everyone had a good weekend. I stayed within my calories and got in some exercise in between parades and church programs. Today is gym day but I have to work about 10 hours so we'll see. I had the BBQ chicken in the crockpot last night with cranberry sauce and Lipton onion soup mix. I made it into sandwiches this time and it was so good and under 300 cals even with some cole slaw! Hope everyone has a good day:smile:
  • tamelab
    Hi everybody...Happy Tuesday!! Where has everybody gone? I am working extra hours for a few days but staying on track pretty well. Have a great day:smile:
  • Tam - we lost you oops! We are all over on Week 6 thread - hmm I am not sure how to paste the link sorry but if you search No More Excuses - Week 6 you should find us.

See you there :smile:
This discussion has been closed.