Study finds organic food is no better on vitamins, nutrients

2»

Replies

• WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Fox News, bringing us the what everyone already knew

yeah, and so did every other major news source today besides foxnews...

Yeah, Fox is worse than the rest, but they are all horrible, especially when it comes to health. Check who is advertising, and you can often match it up with the so-called "health news."
  • jimmeezwyf
    jimmeezwyf Posts: 140 Member
    I buy organic for several reasons:

1) No pesticides
    2) No artificial fertilizers
    3) No GM foods
    4) Many more options for heirloom products which taste way better than general stuff.

Plus , for number 5) in my area, our organic shop stocks anything it can grown locally, then tries to get the rest in the USA. It does have some imported foods, but the majority are not. So this is cutting down on transport costs, supporting our local economy and I bet the apple grown 10 minutes down the road and on my shelf the next day has one or two more vitamins left that the apple that flew in from New Zealand.

Exactly this!!!
  • jimmeezwyf
    jimmeezwyf Posts: 140 Member
    I try to buy organic so I don't eat the pesticides and other possible poisons. While I understand there other poisons and toxins in my life and might as well control the ones I can.

This!
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    I've had fun looking at how local writers interpreted the study...

West Coast: study verifies more pesticides in non organic produce

Middle america: Studies show organic foods no better than conventional farmed produce (little meniton of pesticides)
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    So there are the same number of good things (vitamins and minerals) in organic versus conventional growing practices.
    But it doesn't mention any of the bad things (pesticides, chemicals, modified genes) in organic versus conventional growing practices.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Yeah duh! I love how they are trying to divert the fact that it's the pesticides/chemicals that are doing our organic bodies harm....Like I always say, "we are organic creatures...you can't water a plant with gasoline and expect it to live".

That's true, and you can't hydrate a human with gasoline and expect them to live either. But you can water a plant with pesticides and expect it to live. So, I guess that would mean that humans that consume them will live also??